Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > The Eerie Eventide [O][R?][Event]
Yavish Neroleone

Character Info
Name: Yavish Neroleone
Alignment: LG
Race: Minotaur
Class: Fighter
Silver: 1202
The recommendations made by Fiori regarding military history heightened Yavish's interest.  As she accepted the pork on a stick, she knew that she had to pay Mamlak and Iria a visit.  Their libraries would certainly be rich with lore.  She addressed Fiori with, "I'll check out both, and thank you for this."

She bit into the meat stick and found it decent along with the seasoning.  The entirety of the meat vanished within several bites.  As she slid the last of the food down her throat, Fiori asked Naram about why he was a traveler, and she could not help but feel her mood dampen when the beast he mentioned was responsible for the murder of his sister.  The pieces of the puzzle were beginning to fit together on why Naram was at the fair, so she decided to offer a suggestion, "You could also probably check out bestiaries to find out what the monster is.  Libraries are bound to have them, and I'm certain that famous adventurers have documented their encounters with them in their memoirs."

Yavish tossed the greasy stick in a nearby trashcan, and that was when she heard a familiar voice say, "There she is!"

She turned and found the spirit of her adoptive father drawing toward her with the ghosts of two upbeat children at his sides a boy and a girl.  The girl's clothing shined of nobility while the boy's were more rugged.  Her father had on a straw hat, a wool tunic, trousers and corked shoes, the same clothing he wore when he was killed.  His smile was warm as ever, and Yavish recalled the reactions of the ghosts when Zaya was near, so she decided to move out and meet them halfway to avoid any difficulties.  He called out, "Yavish, hey!"

"Hey Father," she replied as both parties met and she asked, "What's going on?"

Her father pat the two kids on their shoulders and replied, "I told these kids that your mother and I adopted you and they wanted to see it for themselves." 

"Whoa, is it really true!?  Were you really raised by them!?" asked the girl.

"Indeed I was," Yavish replied with a smile.

"That's amazing!" the boy exclaimed, unable to contain his excitement.

"They wouldn't stop begging me to come see you when I told them," said her father.

"You both seem quite high-spirited," Yavish observed.

"Minotaurs are always said to be big and mean," said the girl.

Yavish chuckled and said, "Well, now you've met one who isn't, but I am big and mean to those who try and hurt the innocent."

Sparkles donned the eyes of the two starstruck children.  Yavish's eyes stole glances back at Naram, Zaya, and Fiori, seeing if they would come toward the somewhat reunited father and adopted daughter.  It was then that the minotaur remembered something crucial.  The parade where she at last ran into the farmer that took her in and raised her.  There was a chance that Naram might see his sister there.  Then she glanced at Zaya and realized that things might get complicated. 
Fiori Terrowin

Character Info
Name: Fiori Terrowin
Alignment: TN
Race: Elf
Class: Caster
Silver: 329
"Oh I see…" Fiori says after hearing Naram's tale, "I'm so sorry for your loss." 

She did say that he didn't have to speak of it if he didn't want to but he did volunteer that information. Yavish handed him some advice on searching through bestiaries and going through libraries. Fiori knew she didn't have any information for the poor man as she was hardly a beast hunter herself. For a moment she wondered what else she could do when a thought occurred to her. 

"I cannot do much more than this for you. But if I hear word of any unknown or unique beasts, I will inform you." Fiori offered to Naram, "I have connections in many places. Even if it's not the monster you are searching for, at least it'll be better than trying to pick up word of monsters on your own." 

Just as she was about to say more, a voice suddenly called out to Yavish. Spirits! Fiori quickly dashed behind Naram and Zaya, terrified of the new spirits. Even if they were friendly they still could possess and were dead people! The whole thing made her feel creeped out. She could handle monsters! She could handle thugs and ruffians. But ghosts? That was a step too far for her! She watched the reunion. It was touching but still too spooky for her tastes.