Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > A Cordial Visit [P/R]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
This was one of the first times that Llonan had ever heard an honest opinion about his father. Most of the time, people were too busy trying to cater to his whims, or make sure not to insult the Celestina family. Yet here, this woman, Simone, was so casually mentioning faults to his face. It was almost refreshing. And the fact that her children were treating him…like a child. It was all so new, and so different.

“Papa used to get into fights?” Llonan asked, starry eyed.

What happened next, though, was astounding. Simone started beating on Llywellyn because of the Queen and his relationship. It was…so strange. Llonan started to laugh, and that got a smile out of Alshaya. Everett came in from outside, following Lewis.

Lewis had seen what was coming, and come to Simone’s aid. Well, more Llywellyn’s. Not that Lewis really had any ability to stop Simone, but at least with him there, she might reconsider lasting damage.

It wasn’t long before Llywellyn was practically begging Lewis to make Simone stop, and once that ridiculous exchange was over with, Alshaya and Everett had to beg in order to have their privilege of playing with Llonan back. Reluctantly, Simone agreed, but only if she behaved.

As Alshaya grew embarrassed of her full name, Llonan cocked his head to the side. “But…that’s a pretty name? Why are you so ashamed?” That response got a shit eating grin from Everett. He would never let his sister live this down.

The trio made their way back outside, and under a rather astute suggestion from a guard, they started to play a card game in the courtyard near the fountain.

Lewis sighed, “Why am I always the one fixing marriages? I feel like Angela should be doing some work here…or hell, Xeik. He’s her champion…”

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Simone looked at Llonan, “When we were younger he was a hooligan. He didn’t think he was ever going to be king so he decided he was going to do whatever he wanted. He used to scale the castle and help me escape to take me to festivals then he got mad when someone else would ask me to dance. Your papa has a very bad jealous streak~”

Llywellyn was groaning bad, “My children will never let me live this down.”

Alshaya was bright red now as Llonan commented on her name, “I guess if you like it… It’s okay. I know I’m in trouble whenever I hear it though~”

Simone peeked over at Lewis, “She would say: It’s because I’m a goddess no one takes me seriously~ Xeik can make suggestions but look at him and Mia~ Would you trust Xeik?” Simone gave a grin and giggled. “Out of everyone we have the best marriage.”

Alshaya looked over at Llonan, “Can we play every day? I want to play every day!”

“But… But I can’t.”

“I know! Let’s make a bet! If you can beat my sister Lila at chess… We don’t have to play every day!” Alshaya had a grin on her face as they played the card game.

Dusk

Character Info
Llonan cocked his head to the side as he played a card. “Your…sister Lila? Isn’t she…young?”

“Two,” Everett said as he slammed down a card. “I win!” He grinned.

Alshaya furrowed her brow. “Wait…that card isn’t even the same one from this deck. Are you cheating? Are you like Uncle Xeik!?” She stood up, and cracked her knuckles. “A liar and a cheater!”

“Ohh? Are you still after Uncle Xeik? Looks like to me that you and Llonan are going to be ‘K-I-S-S-I-” He was interrupted mid-spelling by a clean right hook.

After the escapades of Alshaya and Everett, they found themselves in the library. Lucas and Ezili had been asked if they could watch the hooligan brother and sister combination (though Simone did admit that Everett was not helping the situation and antagonizing his sister.) As requested, though, Lila was sitting in Ezili’s lap across a set chess table.

Llonan stared at the girl. “…all I have to do is win?” Was there some sort of trick?

The game started, and within moments, he realized that Lila was barely taking any time with her moves. It wasn’t long before the toddler smiled, “Check.”

“N-no way…” In the next to turns, he lost the game. “I can’t believe it. Had to be a fluke…” He stared at the girl. “Again.”

Lila clapped her hands together. “Kay. Like chess. Fun.”

The next match didn’t fare much better, and once more Llonan found himself losing to the two year old kid. “Unbelievable…”

Simone

Character Info
Shaya had a grin on her face, “Lila is a genius! So is Janus! Janus likes to sleep though.” Lila clapped at Llonan happily though she looked a bit sleepy.

“I think it's time for your nap Lila,” Ezili chuckled as she tucked some of Lila’s hair behind her ear.

“No…” Lila whined.

“I think yes,” Ezili smirked. “Good girls get more games.”

“Play…” Lila whined more. It didn’t take long for Ezili to rub her back and Lila was out.

“Let’s go tell Mama!” Simone wasn’t too far in the library since it was large. She was sitting and chatting with Jehanne. There was tension and Alshaya could feel it though she wasn’t sure who it was.

“Mama,” Shaya got up on her tippy toes and held onto the table. “Llonan made a bet with me.”

“Oh? What kind of bet?” Simone had Janus in her arms who was asleep. Jehanne was staring at her son curiously.

“If he could beat Lila at chess he wouldn’t have to play with me every day,” Shaya had a smile.

“That’s hardly far… You know how smart she is.” Simone sighed a bit. “You lost didn’t you?” She eyed Llonan. “Are you sure you want to play with these deviants every day? They are good kids and smart too. I’m sure they could study with you. Jehanne tells me your studies are important.”

“I can study!” Alshaya yelled.

“BAD SHAYA,” Janus yelled and rolled around in Simone’s lap. “SHUSH.”

“Oh… Sorry Janus,” Shaya came over and kissed his head where she got a grumpy sigh.

Dusk

Character Info
Llonan looked sheepishly to the side when Simone asked him if he lost. “Y-yes ‘mam. I did…I wasn’t expecting…” He didn’t finish the thought. He was already feeling rather embarrassed about the whole thing. “Is it okay, though? I mean, I would love to play more but…” He looked to his mother. “C-c-can I….Mother? Would it be….okay?”

There was obviously a tension of some kind between her and Llonan. His studies had always been the most important thing to her. He wasn’t anywhere near first in line to the throne, so it was a requirement for him to be well learned in order to succeed in life. Whether or not it was out of concern for Llonan, or concern for her own social status wasn’t quite known to the boy. All he knew was that Llywellyn was never one to argue when it came to his studies, and always acquiesced to her demands.

“S-so….would it…be okay”?

Simone

Character Info
Jehanne frowned a bit and sighed, “I don’t see why not if you are diligent with your studies. As long as your schooling doesn’t suffer you may play with the Terrowins.”

Alshaya got a smile on her face. “Thank you! Mama, do you think he can visit the island?”

Simone looked uncomfortable for a moment, “That is something to ask your father. I don’t have an issue with it but we move as a single unit so it is equally important that Llonan is approved by Lewis as well.”

“But… he’s not dangerous.”

“Shaya think about what I’m saying.”

Shaya thought long and hard, “Not Llonan but someone who wants to hurt Llonan?”

“Exactly, we don’t let strangers onto the island for a reason. We barely let Llywellyn onto it but it was an emergency.” Simone’s voice was soft. “You have all of your brothers and sisters to think about.”

“Okay~ I’ll ask Daddy.” Shaya gave a shy smile. “DADDYYYYYYYYY,” Shaya yelled as she opened the door to where Lewis was. “I already know you know what I’m going to ask.” She put her hands on her hips. “Negotiations. I want Llonan to be able to come play with me on the island.”

Dusk

Character Info
Lewis looked his daughter in the eye as she stormed in. Of course he already knew what she was going to say. In fact, Lewis and Simone had already had an entire conversation on it between the time Alshaya had left Simone to her coming into the room with Lewis. It was a…stressful conversation, to say the least.

The ex-assassin took a deep breath. “Well? What are you bringing to the table for your negotiation? So far, you have a demand. What are you willing to negotiate with, Alshaya?” It was something that he had to teach her sooner or later. Now would be the time to see how smart she was when it came to arguments.

Simone

Character Info
Alshaya knew her parents could communicate long distances. She knew that they probably already completely discussed it. She held up five fingers, “I promise not to punch Everett in his cheater hole for five days. Five days is the longest I feel I can restrain myself if he antagonizes me.” She put her hands on her hips.

“I’ll also watch the twins and Glynn so you can have more valuable alone time with Mommy~ Which you have been very vocal about wanting.” Except she wasn’t supposed to overhear it. “And~ AND~ I’ll improve my grades at school by a full letter.” She nodded to him.

Dusk

Character Info
Interesting.

It was weird that Alshaya was being so…sensible. In fact, it was almost scary. Lewis crossed his arms. “All right then. Make it a full seven days with Everett. And, if you slip up even once, the deal is off. So that means by the next report card, you’ll need to have an improved grade. And if you don’t, then he cannot visit the island.”

Of course, that wasn’t the only thing they had to worry about. They would have to create secure pathways, allow a personal guard if required, and even then, Lewis was concerned that there might be paperwork and forms to fill out. He had no idea what to expect from Llywellyn or Jehanne.

“Are we in agreement, then?”

Simone

Character Info
“Yessss,” Shaya threw her arms up. “I can do it. I promise.”

The seven days of not punching her brother went by good and on the eighth day, she punched her brother good. “THAT’S FOR TRYING MY PATIENCE. I was trying to be reasonable with you Everett but you crossed the line!”

Then came her report card which she gleefully handed to her parents. Her grades had gone up by two letters and Simone was rather impressed. “I guess we have to follow through with the agreement.” She sighed a bit and rubbed Alshaya’s hair. “If you put this kind of effort into everything you did I would be terrified. Good job. What do you think Lewis?”