Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:08 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

The whole Terrowin estate was a madhouse in the morning. Left, right, up, down, all of it seemed crazy. The downstairs where Lucas, Ezili, Rex, and Hazel were was much less hectic, but there seemed to still be a scramble to wake up and get ready for breakfast.

Llonan was shocked. It was so different from the mornings he had. Attendants usually took care of most of the annoying things, such as picking out an outfit and the like. Getting dressed was quiet and easy, and he had his own bathroom to take care of his hair and washing his face. The two households couldn’t be any more different.

It took thirty minutes for everyone to ready themselves (a new record) and convene in the dining hall. This setting wasn’t much different from what Llonan was used to, though once again, it seemed much more hectic and chaotic than his own. Food was brought out by the wait staff, and he stared down at it.

“What is this…?” Llonan asked.

“That…is bacon!” Everett said with a grin. “If you don’t want it, I ca-”

Lewis gave Everett a look, and the boy huffed and sat back down, his attention back on his own plate.

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:54 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Alshaya was irked at her brother. Simone and Lewis had bets on if their daughter would crack or not. Lewis had ultimately lost the bet.

Guess who’s getting tied up tonight~ Simone teased Lewis. Though she knew he didn’t want Llonan around because he was a father and they were protective.

Shaya did a little dance, “Yay!”

Once the weekend arrived… Llywellyn stood there with his son. “Now, promise me that you won’t give Simone and Lewis too much of a headache. We’re allowed a personal guard though I don’t think Simone would let anything happen… She’s pretty much proven she can take care of any problem.” He sighed a bit. “Your mother isn’t okay with this but she agreed to it already so she has to keep her promise. Try to have fun with them. Now, if you want to swim you have to ask Lewis to teach you. All of the Terrowin kids know how to swim and Simone barely does. She floats. It’s important since they live on an island.”

The portal opened and Llywellyn took his hand with their guard following behind them. “Good morning Simone!”

Simone was still in her robe as she bounced an angry Glynn in her arms. “You are early… Hold on..” They were in the upstairs hallway. “KIDS BREAKFAST! TIME TO GET UP!”

All of the kids came rampaging out all fighting over the bathroom. Alshaya came out of her room and immediately she was roughhousing with Everett. “Shaya, you have a guest.” Shaya stopped and blushed since she was still in her nightgown.

“You can use our bathroom. Go on.” Shaya ran into her room and grabbed a dress before running into Simone and Lewis’s room. “Come on, you can have breakfast with us Llonan.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:45 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Everett had overheard the agreement between his parents and Alshaya, and that had made him absolutely delighted. For seven days straight, he found different, small things to do to irritate his sister. It was on the seventh and final day of her agreement, though, he went above and beyond. First, as she went to take her nap, he convinced a rather salty Janus to freeze her pillow. Then, at dinnertime, he made sure that Alshaya’s meal was put in as ‘extra spicy’, knowing full well she hated the heat.

Of course, both times, Alshaya knew who it was. But, she managed to hold her temper to the eighth day, she socked him good.

It was totally worth it.

Lewis read over the report card, and smirked. She had gone above and beyond, and that was something he was proud of her for. When she set her mind to it, she could really achieve quite a bit. He crossed his arms, “All right then. Good job, Shaya. Llonan can come over. Next weekend. After chores.”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:34 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

“Yessss,” Shaya threw her arms up. “I can do it. I promise.”

The seven days of not punching her brother went by good and on the eighth day, she punched her brother good. “THAT’S FOR TRYING MY PATIENCE. I was trying to be reasonable with you Everett but you crossed the line!”

Then came her report card which she gleefully handed to her parents. Her grades had gone up by two letters and Simone was rather impressed. “I guess we have to follow through with the agreement.” She sighed a bit and rubbed Alshaya’s hair. “If you put this kind of effort into everything you did I would be terrified. Good job. What do you think Lewis?”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:28 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Interesting.

It was weird that Alshaya was being so…sensible. In fact, it was almost scary. Lewis crossed his arms. “All right then. Make it a full seven days with Everett. And, if you slip up even once, the deal is off. So that means by the next report card, you’ll need to have an improved grade. And if you don’t, then he cannot visit the island.”

Of course, that wasn’t the only thing they had to worry about. They would have to create secure pathways, allow a personal guard if required, and even then, Lewis was concerned that there might be paperwork and forms to fill out. He had no idea what to expect from Llywellyn or Jehanne.

“Are we in agreement, then?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:17 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Alshaya knew her parents could communicate long distances. She knew that they probably already completely discussed it. She held up five fingers, “I promise not to punch Everett in his cheater hole for five days. Five days is the longest I feel I can restrain myself if he antagonizes me.” She put her hands on her hips.

“I’ll also watch the twins and Glynn so you can have more valuable alone time with Mommy~ Which you have been very vocal about wanting.” Except she wasn’t supposed to overhear it. “And~ AND~ I’ll improve my grades at school by a full letter.” She nodded to him.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:14 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Lewis looked his daughter in the eye as she stormed in. Of course he already knew what she was going to say. In fact, Lewis and Simone had already had an entire conversation on it between the time Alshaya had left Simone to her coming into the room with Lewis. It was a…stressful conversation, to say the least.

The ex-assassin took a deep breath. “Well? What are you bringing to the table for your negotiation? So far, you have a demand. What are you willing to negotiate with, Alshaya?” It was something that he had to teach her sooner or later. Now would be the time to see how smart she was when it came to arguments.

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:06 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Jehanne frowned a bit and sighed, “I don’t see why not if you are diligent with your studies. As long as your schooling doesn’t suffer you may play with the Terrowins.”

Alshaya got a smile on her face. “Thank you! Mama, do you think he can visit the island?”

Simone looked uncomfortable for a moment, “That is something to ask your father. I don’t have an issue with it but we move as a single unit so it is equally important that Llonan is approved by Lewis as well.”

“But… he’s not dangerous.”

“Shaya think about what I’m saying.”

Shaya thought long and hard, “Not Llonan but someone who wants to hurt Llonan?”

“Exactly, we don’t let strangers onto the island for a reason. We barely let Llywellyn onto it but it was an emergency.” Simone’s voice was soft. “You have all of your brothers and sisters to think about.”

“Okay~ I’ll ask Daddy.” Shaya gave a shy smile. “DADDYYYYYYYYY,” Shaya yelled as she opened the door to where Lewis was. “I already know you know what I’m going to ask.” She put her hands on her hips. “Negotiations. I want Llonan to be able to come play with me on the island.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:59 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Llonan looked sheepishly to the side when Simone asked him if he lost. “Y-yes ‘mam. I did…I wasn’t expecting…” He didn’t finish the thought. He was already feeling rather embarrassed about the whole thing. “Is it okay, though? I mean, I would love to play more but…” He looked to his mother. “C-c-can I….Mother? Would it be….okay?”

There was obviously a tension of some kind between her and Llonan. His studies had always been the most important thing to her. He wasn’t anywhere near first in line to the throne, so it was a requirement for him to be well learned in order to succeed in life. Whether or not it was out of concern for Llonan, or concern for her own social status wasn’t quite known to the boy. All he knew was that Llywellyn was never one to argue when it came to his studies, and always acquiesced to her demands.

“S-so….would it…be okay”?

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:52 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Shaya had a grin on her face, “Lila is a genius! So is Janus! Janus likes to sleep though.” Lila clapped at Llonan happily though she looked a bit sleepy.

“I think it's time for your nap Lila,” Ezili chuckled as she tucked some of Lila’s hair behind her ear.

“No…” Lila whined.

“I think yes,” Ezili smirked. “Good girls get more games.”

“Play…” Lila whined more. It didn’t take long for Ezili to rub her back and Lila was out.

“Let’s go tell Mama!” Simone wasn’t too far in the library since it was large. She was sitting and chatting with Jehanne. There was tension and Alshaya could feel it though she wasn’t sure who it was.

“Mama,” Shaya got up on her tippy toes and held onto the table. “Llonan made a bet with me.”

“Oh? What kind of bet?” Simone had Janus in her arms who was asleep. Jehanne was staring at her son curiously.

“If he could beat Lila at chess he wouldn’t have to play with me every day,” Shaya had a smile.

“That’s hardly far… You know how smart she is.” Simone sighed a bit. “You lost didn’t you?” She eyed Llonan. “Are you sure you want to play with these deviants every day? They are good kids and smart too. I’m sure they could study with you. Jehanne tells me your studies are important.”

“I can study!” Alshaya yelled.

“BAD SHAYA,” Janus yelled and rolled around in Simone’s lap. “SHUSH.”

“Oh… Sorry Janus,” Shaya came over and kissed his head where she got a grumpy sigh.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:39 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Llonan cocked his head to the side as he played a card. “Your…sister Lila? Isn’t she…young?”

“Two,” Everett said as he slammed down a card. “I win!” He grinned.

Alshaya furrowed her brow. “Wait…that card isn’t even the same one from this deck. Are you cheating? Are you like Uncle Xeik!?” She stood up, and cracked her knuckles. “A liar and a cheater!”

“Ohh? Are you still after Uncle Xeik? Looks like to me that you and Llonan are going to be ‘K-I-S-S-I-” He was interrupted mid-spelling by a clean right hook.

After the escapades of Alshaya and Everett, they found themselves in the library. Lucas and Ezili had been asked if they could watch the hooligan brother and sister combination (though Simone did admit that Everett was not helping the situation and antagonizing his sister.) As requested, though, Lila was sitting in Ezili’s lap across a set chess table.

Llonan stared at the girl. “…all I have to do is win?” Was there some sort of trick?

The game started, and within moments, he realized that Lila was barely taking any time with her moves. It wasn’t long before the toddler smiled, “Check.”

“N-no way…” In the next to turns, he lost the game. “I can’t believe it. Had to be a fluke…” He stared at the girl. “Again.”

Lila clapped her hands together. “Kay. Like chess. Fun.”

The next match didn’t fare much better, and once more Llonan found himself losing to the two year old kid. “Unbelievable…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Simone looked at Llonan, “When we were younger he was a hooligan. He didn’t think he was ever going to be king so he decided he was going to do whatever he wanted. He used to scale the castle and help me escape to take me to festivals then he got mad when someone else would ask me to dance. Your papa has a very bad jealous streak~”

Llywellyn was groaning bad, “My children will never let me live this down.”

Alshaya was bright red now as Llonan commented on her name, “I guess if you like it… It’s okay. I know I’m in trouble whenever I hear it though~”

Simone peeked over at Lewis, “She would say: It’s because I’m a goddess no one takes me seriously~ Xeik can make suggestions but look at him and Mia~ Would you trust Xeik?” Simone gave a grin and giggled. “Out of everyone we have the best marriage.”

Alshaya looked over at Llonan, “Can we play every day? I want to play every day!”

“But… But I can’t.”

“I know! Let’s make a bet! If you can beat my sister Lila at chess… We don’t have to play every day!” Alshaya had a grin on her face as they played the card game.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:16 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

This was one of the first times that Llonan had ever heard an honest opinion about his father. Most of the time, people were too busy trying to cater to his whims, or make sure not to insult the Celestina family. Yet here, this woman, Simone, was so casually mentioning faults to his face. It was almost refreshing. And the fact that her children were treating him…like a child. It was all so new, and so different.

“Papa used to get into fights?” Llonan asked, starry eyed.

What happened next, though, was astounding. Simone started beating on Llywellyn because of the Queen and his relationship. It was…so strange. Llonan started to laugh, and that got a smile out of Alshaya. Everett came in from outside, following Lewis.

Lewis had seen what was coming, and come to Simone’s aid. Well, more Llywellyn’s. Not that Lewis really had any ability to stop Simone, but at least with him there, she might reconsider lasting damage.

It wasn’t long before Llywellyn was practically begging Lewis to make Simone stop, and once that ridiculous exchange was over with, Alshaya and Everett had to beg in order to have their privilege of playing with Llonan back. Reluctantly, Simone agreed, but only if she behaved.

As Alshaya grew embarrassed of her full name, Llonan cocked his head to the side. “But…that’s a pretty name? Why are you so ashamed?” That response got a shit eating grin from Everett. He would never let his sister live this down.

The trio made their way back outside, and under a rather astute suggestion from a guard, they started to play a card game in the courtyard near the fountain.

Lewis sighed, “Why am I always the one fixing marriages? I feel like Angela should be doing some work here…or hell, Xeik. He’s her champion…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:49 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Simone held a smile on her face, “At least you can take a beating like your father.”

“Uncle Llywellyn used to get beat up?!” Alshaya was interested in the story so she was pulling on her mother’s sleeve.

“When we were little he used to get into fights with the other boys our age. See Uncle Llywellyn… Is a really jealous boy.”

“Man. I’m a man. I’ve also grown up,” Llywellyn had a blush on his face.

“No, you really haven’t,” Simone reached up and grabbed at his face. “You get that look on your face whenever that knight of yours talks to Jehanne.”

At those words, Jehanne was now red. “…Simone…”

“What? Don’t tell me… You’ve never noticed?” Simone looked at Jehanne and then looked at Llywellyn. “Excuse me, Sweetie,” she moved Llonan off her lap now that she knew he was okay. “I told you to fix your marriage!” Thus began an onslaught of smacks to Llywellyn as he tried to defend himself from Simone. “You are such a moron sometimes. You can’t even tell her how you feel?”

Jehanne was looking very uncomfortable since Llywellyn had never even mentioned. “You are the most unromantic husband ever. TAKE LESSONS FROM LEWIS!” Simone pointed at Lewis. “That is an order!”

“Ye…Yes ma’am,” Llywellyn saluted. “Save me Lewis please. Your wife is a terror.”

“I CAN HEAR EVERYTHING YOU ARE SAYING TO HIM!”

“Are you sure she is a phoenix? She is more like a dragon~” Llywellyn whined.

Simone looked back to Llonan and bent over to his level, “If they are too rough on you just tell them. They are good kids. Thanks to all of our kids being different races they know when not to be rough with people but you have to tell them.” She rubbed his blonde hair. “Especially Shaya. She has a heck of a right hook so please be careful.”

“We’ll be gentle we promise… Can we keep playing?” Alshaya had huge eyes as she latched herself onto Llonan and put him in a hug. “Please? I like him.”

“…” Simone sighed. “Fine, but no more climbing Alshaya Leilani…”

“Don’t! Don’t call me by my full name~”

“Ohhhh… Everett it looks like Alshaya doesn’t want to be embarrassed in front of Llonan~”

“NOOOO!” Shaya’s face was bright red and Simone was giggling.

“Pick a game that doesn’t involve you tackling people…” She pet all of their heads.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:39 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Llonan was confused at what had happened. One moment, he was running, and the next, Everett was gone, and Alshaya was on top of him. She had landed on him.

Hard.

And it hurt.

A lot.

First and foremost, the wind had been knocked out of him, and he was seeing stars. He barely heard Alshaya ask if he was okay, and by the time he started to come around, the girl was already being chastised by her mother. Llonan was helped up into a sitting position by Everett, who could not stop apologizing.

As he stood up, Simone checked him over, and asked him a few questions.

“N-no ‘mam,” Llonan said timidly. This was the woman that his mother disliked. Llonan wasn’t sure why, but he knew at least that much. But his mother seemed to be letting this exchange happen, so there was at least some kind of mutual respect. At least, he hoped.

When they got inside, Simone apologized, and Llonan shook his head. “It’s okay, ‘mam. I’m not hurt…just a little dirty.” His shirt had grass stains. Mother would not like that. “It was…fun…” That word still felt weird to say. “I had fun…”

Author: Simone, Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:24 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Shaya gasped as he found her and she fell on her butt, “HOW DO YOU DO THAT?!”

Alshaya knew that her mother didn’t want her climbing but… She was facing a Celestina and a Terrowin. She had to do her best. Looking determined she ran for the courtyard edge and began to climb up the vines. Every movement had a purpose as she swung herself up onto the lower part of the roof. She was running on top of it and she was faster than she was before.

“EV- ER-RETTTTTTTTTT,” she paced it as she launched herself from the roof.

“Uh oh,” Everett panicked as he separated from Llonan. “Sorry! Sacrifices!”

Alshaya tackled Llonan to the ground with quite an oof. “…I wasn’t aiming for you.” She had him pinned. “Are you okay Llonan?”

“Crap… I didn’t even think about that,” Everett ran up to them. “Are you okay Llonan? I’m sorry.”

There was the sound of a tapping shoe as Shaya turned her head. Simone had a frown on her face, "Why would he be hurt?"

"…I tackled him?"

"With how much force?"

"…An elephant's worth?"

"From where?"

"…The ground?"

"Shaya."

"Okay but listen," Shaya got up and held out her hand. "How am I supposed to beat a Terrowin and a Celestina if I don't bring my full strength to the battlefield?!"

"…Shaya. You are grounded from tag. You guys come inside and get some snacks you have to be hungry. We can look you over in here Llonan." Simone brought them in and Jehanne was watching from afar.

"Come here," Simone patted her lap. "Does anything hurt Llonan?"

"Aren't you going to ask me if I'm okay?" Shaya ran up along side her lap where Llonan was sitting now.

"You are like a rampaging boar in the forest. Nothing can hurt you for too long," Simone waved her hand. "Are you bleeding?"

"No."

"Is a bone sticking out?"

"No."

"Then you are fine. Llonan is different from you," Simone gave a smile. "Sorry if she was so rough on you. She rough houses like a boy."

Author: Dusk, Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:15 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Llonan was fast. That meant that neither of the Terrowin kids had to hold back. That meant that today’s game could be really fun. Alshaya called out to Everett, calling his feet stinky. At that, the boy frowned and yelled back, but Alshaya had already taken Llonan to hide.

“Come out, come out,” Everett said as he started to prowl around. He knew that Alshaya was amazing at hiding, but there was one thing she could never get around. Everett sniffed the air. It was something that he had been learning to utilize more…his nose. Cooking was his passion, and as such, he had trained his nose to help identify spices and herbs. As a result…

He picked up the smell of his sister. She liked to use sandalwood soap. It was a particularly unique smell to the rest of the family, and it clung to her. Rex always smelled like Hazel’s herb garden, Lucas smelled like old books…Ezili and Mira smelled like the ocean. Each member of the family had their own unique scent.

“Boo,” Everett said as he peered down when Alshaya peeking through the grass. He tapped her forehead, and smirked. “Tag!” He grabbed Llonan’s arm, “C’mon! Gotta avoid her now! Let’s go!”

Author: Simone, Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:09 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Shaya was only quiet for a little bit as she clapped with excitement, “Llonan! That was so cool! I didn’t realize you were so fast! You remind me of my daddy when he plays with us!”

The color for a moment drained from her face before she darted and grabbed Llonan’s hand. “RUN! RUN LLONAN! Everett is it! He has stinky feet! You don’t want to be infected by the stinky feetttt!” She was laughing as she pulled him along.

She got out of Everett’s sight and pulled Llonan into a bush, “He doesn’t really have stinky feet but it motivates him.” She grinned a bit and put her finger to her lips. Elegantly she parted the bush to look for her brother…

Only he was so much better than she took him for.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:05 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Everett and Alshaya kept their distance, but in an encouraging way. From the look of it, Llonan seemed to be scrawny and not well adapted to physical activity. Still, the boy tentatively darted forward. Slowly. Everett rolled his eyes. The poor kid wasn’t going to be much for physical games.

“Alshaya, maybe we sho-” Everett blinked. As his eyes opened, he suddenly realized that Llonan was moving quicker. So quickly, though, that Everett wasn’t able to react in time. He fell back just as Llonan touched his shoulder.

“Er…tag?” the elvish prince asked.

Alshaya and Everett both stared at the boy, amazed at what they had just witnessed. Llonan looked down nervously, realizing that they were both being quiet. “D-did I do something wrong?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:01 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Shaya made a face as she looked at Everett, “That’s a distraction. I suppose that’s fair game in war.”

Simone and Lewis had made sure that the kids knew some form of self-defense but each of them specialized in something far different than their parents. Putting her hand on the tree the tree branch lowered her down and she made a face. “I can’t use my magic to win. These are the rules!”

She pointed at Llonan, “No magic, just your skills, and don’t be sore losers. You must take losing gracefully!” Giving him a smile she ran over to Llonan and touched his shoulder. “Now you are it.” She giggled a bit and ran away from him.

“Not fair Shaya! What if he still doesn’t know how to play.”

“Then sacrifice yourself~ Like the lamb you are!” Shaya yelled back at Everett.

“NEVA!” Everett laughed with his sister as they lingered close to Llonan to encourage him. This was his first time after all.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:40 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Llonan stood back and watched as Everett and Lila played tag. Tag was a simple game, in terms of rules, but the way that Everett and Alshaya played was something more akin to a battle than it was a game. Everett was ‘it’ first, which he grumbled about as Alshaya darted across the courtyard. She was fast, and even though Everett was faster, she was wily about her dodges and jukes, narrowly avoiding being tagged each and every time he got close.

Alshaya darted up a tree, to which Everett furrowed his brow. “That’s no fair! You know-”

Before he could finish his complaint, Simone yelled for Alshaya to get out of the tree. The girl was already shouting back, and that gave Everett the time he needed to jump off of the ground, rebounding off the tree and tag his sister’s hand.

“HAH! I GOT YOU!” He hit the ground hard, and started to run. “CAN’T CATCH ME!!”

Llonan was staring wide eyed. He had never seen such feats come from children. At least not like this. His brothers and sisters had all done their fair share of training and athletics, as per their instructor, but nothing like this. It almost seemed…fun. The word was almost foreign to him.

Fun…

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:20 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

“I’m gonna pop ya again!” Alshaya squealed.

Simone leaned back in her chair that she was sitting in, “No, you aren’t! Shaya if you pop your brother I’m gonna pop your behind!”

“NOT MY BEHIND!” Shaya grabbed her butt to protect it. “YOU WOULDN’T!”

“I would and no one would stop me.” Simone threatened.

“Scary~” Llywellyn chuckled. “Mama Simone is out in force.”

“I’m just tired of pulling Xeik out of whatever he is doing because my six year old won’t stop popping my other six year old in his nose because she knows she can break it.”

“Shaya bad,” Lila said as she lounged.

“Lillaaa,” Janus groaned.

“Good,” Lila pointed at herself.

“Tag works like this: In a group, there is a person who is ‘it’ they chase the other kids around trying to get them. Once the kid touches the other kid… The new kid is now it and the other kid runs away. In large groups, we have a safe spot and the goal is to get to the safe spot before you get knocked out. You can watch me and Everett real quick.”

Alshaya lightly tapped her brother and ran away. She was like lightning as she did everything she could to get away from Everett.

“SHAYA, NO TREE CLIMBING EITHER,” Simone boomed.

Shaya was already hanging off of a tree branch high above Everett. “BUT MOMMMM.”

“Don’t but mom me,” Simone yelled as she knew her daughter quite well.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:14 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Through all of these conversations, Janus opened his eyes and yawned. “Lila is bad. Lila mean…” He gave his twin sister a look, and she merely smiled back and waved. “Be nice.”

Llonan looked around, almost as if he were waiting for his mother to swoop in and tell him no at any given time. Still, there was a bit of curiosity that piqued when the girl offered her hand, pulling him up. And she had permission from his parents, which meant he was allowed, right?

“O-okay,” Llonan said as he was pulled towards the center of the courtyard. Everett was close behind, and was already hopping up and down in anticipation.

“I’m gonna win this time, sis…just you wait,” he said with a smirk. “Just you wait…”

Llonan looked between the two nervously. “So…what is tag?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:04 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Alshaya looked at the book she read a bit more. “This is about the uprising right?” It wasn’t that she was dumb. On the contrary, she listened when she shouldn’t have and she was very intelligent to understand what was going on. “Uncle Llywellyn was a big dummy and overthrew his father because he had a stupid guilty conscience over my momma. He proceeded to take an army and storm a castle or two or three. He didn’t find mama so he sulked. The end. Also he became king.”

Simone sat there dumbfounded. Shaya had heard all of that. “Also I heard Uncle Llywellyn is a perv–”

“Shaya,” Simone sighed but instantly even with how quiet Simone’s voice was it caused Alshaya to clamp her mouth shut. “That’s enough.”

“Mama is a heartbreaker,” Shaya dared to speak and Simone groaned a bit.

“I didn’t realize she heard all of that. She must have heard us talking about it and decided to listen in… She’s a little gossip fairy.”

“Big ears. Big mouth,” Lila calmly said as she got handed some snacks to listen to.

“Be nice that’s your sister.”

Llywellyn sat there in shock and started to laugh, “She is certainly… smart.”

“She’s intelligent but she lives for drama…”

Alshaya closed his book and set it on a stand. “Come on I’ll show you.” Taking his hand she pulled him with her. “I already got permission for you to play with us so you don’t gotta worry about it.”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:59 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Lewis let out a heavy sigh at Lila. “This girl…”

When Llonan’s book was stolen by Alshaya, he merely sat there, his hands still acting as though they were still holding the book. No one had ever so much as talked to him in this way, let alone taken a book out of his hand. His mother had always told him it was important to study, and as such, the guards were always very careful when it came to his books, lest they incur the wrath of the Queen.

“Oh…yes…history book,” he said when Alshaya finally returned his book. “Mother…wants it finished by the end of tomorrow. It’s…a little hard to read.” That was when Alshaya asked if he wanted to play. He shook his head. “I do not have the time to play, sadly. I need to finish this…if I don’t, Mother will get-”

Everett blinked. “Do you ever play?”

Llonan furrowed his brow. “Of course I get to play. I have scheduled times when my brothers and I go-”

The boy shook his head. “No, I mean…actually play. Just…tag.”

“Tag?”

“Yes, tag…”

The prince frowned. “…what is…tag?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:47 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Alshaya was excited when he started to talk to her, “Maybe he just likes books like Mama!”

When he couldn’t remember her questions she frowned a bit at first before taking the book and reading it herself. She made a face and ran over to Lucas, “What’s this word right here? It’s pretty big.”

Ezili bent over and looked at it, “Auspicious.”

“What’s it mean?”

“It’s like prosperous or favorable. Like a kingdom is in a favorable position.” Simone spoke up as she looked over. "And please don't take people's things without asking. You are a child, not an animal."

Alshaya made an ‘o’ face as she ran back over, “It’s a history book. Figured it out all by myself. Do you want to go play in the courtyard? Everett and I were gonna play tag in the bushes!”

Lila looked up at her mother and Simone looked down. "Don't you dare."

"Acts like it," Lila said timidly.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:41 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Per his mother’s instruction, Llonan was reading up on the revolt that had happened several hundreds of years ago that led to the current status quo in a foreign elven kingdom. It was a history lesson that showed the importance of what it meant to follow the will of the people, or they would take it for themselves. Or, more aptly, how it was a King’s duty to guide and manipulate the will of the people to better the country as a whole. While it wasn’t meant to be sinister, Llonan was quite well aware of how such an impact could cause a peaceful nation to turn to bloodshed.

Of course, none of that mattered. A girl around his age seemed to appear out of nowhere, and assaulted him with questions. At once, Llonan pulled the book up to block the lower half of his face, and immediately flushed. The question barrage was quite overwhelming.

“H-h-hi…” Llonan stared at the girl, and then noticed that there was a boy behind her. It took his mind a moment, but it replayed a few pieces of information that had previously been withheld due to the overwhelming presence of the girl.

Alshaya. Everett. The names of the two children.

Still, he wasn’t sure what to say. “H…Hi…”

Everett cocked his head to the side. “Are you okay?”

Llonan blinked. “Y-yes.”

“So…you going to answer my sister’s questions? It’s rude to keep a lady waiting, you know. I thought this royalty stuff had rules.”

Llonan flushed. “Questions. Right. Um…” He thought for a moment. What were the questions? “…I…am doing good, thanks?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:33 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Shaya paid little attention to her brother as she moved into the space of the new kid. “I’m sure she is just like Mama!” Shaya gave Everett a smile. “Mama gets like that too! Didn’t you notice?”

Shaya sat down by the boy with a plop and leaned over the book. “Whatcha reading? Is it good? I like fantasy stories. Does this book have pictures? My name is Shaya and this is my brother Everett!” Shaya’s eyes were gleaming brightly. “Uncle Llywellyn said that we could play with you!”

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:31 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Llonan was a small elf boy, smaller than the rest of his brothers and sisters. He seemed to be thinner than the typical elf children, and wore his blonde hair tied back, leaving it long. He had thick framed, square glasses that seemed to always fall to the end of his nose as he looked into the book he was reading. As Alshaya bounded up, he barely noticed that she had appeared.

Everett came up behind Alshaya, a disgruntled look on his face. “Shaya…Lila is getting really mean. I don’t like it…” But Alshaya seemed to be more focused on the boy. “Shayyaa…are you paying attention?”

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:22 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Llywellyn chuckled a bit. Lila was certainly smart for how old she was and Janus wasn’t a slacker either. He spent most of his time curled up on Simone listening to her read. “Ah, that’s my youngest son Llonan.”

This caused Alshaya to put a look in her eyes, “Can I play with him Uncle Llywellyn?” Her pink and purple eyes were practically dancing up at him.

Lly looked over at his wife and hesitated before accepting, “Yeah, go introduce yourself.”

Shaya romped off to him with Everett following closely behind. “I’ll make sure she doesn’t get married,” Everett stopped and saluted Lewis. “Sister protecting is what I do!”

Lila looked over at him, “Nose.”

“What about my nose Lila?” Everett gave her a smile.

“Who protect your nose?” Lila was blunt.

“…” Everett gave her a look before running after Alshaya.

“Lila… What were you just told,” Simone sighed a bit.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:15 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

The girls seemed to be feisty today, and Lewis let out a heavy sigh. It had started with Lila being rough with a smaller, flowering tree. Luckily, Simone took care of that. Llynette was next, with her attitude towards Llywellyn. Briefly, Lewis wondered if she would act like that towards her own father in the dream that she came from. A part of him was sure that, given time, she probably would have…

Again, Simone was first to chime in. Lewis nodded in agreement, “Simone is right, Llynette. We don’t tell people how we think of them to their faces. That earned a smile from Llynette as she apologized to her mother, and off she went. And then, it was once more up to Lila for the final flurry of feistiness.

“Now, now, Lila,” Lewis said as she told Llywellyn that he was ‘okay’. He walked over to Lila and pinched her cheek with a smirk. “Remember what I told you about the sass, Lila. And on how it…” He glanced over to Lly.

And now it hurts people’s feelings. Especially people who have pride in themselves. He’s your uncle…just play nice.

Before he could continue, though, Alshaya tugged at his shirt. “Yes, Shaya?”

“Daddy, can I go play with that boy over there?” She pointed to a child in the corner.

Lewis looked over, resisting the urge to glare and toss a dagger. “I…guess you can…”

Lila smiled. Play nice, Daddy.

Author: Simone, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:58 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

Hazel was a little ball of determination and the more pregnant she felt was angrier she got when she wasn’t allowed to do something. It wasn’t like she was mean to Rex but she snapped here or there. It made Rex walk on eggshells because he wasn’t sure when she would do it. She missed her craft but it was too dangerous to do it. Angela had given the okay for the trip citing that if she was going to pop that it was going to happen no matter where she went and she might as well be with Lewis and the others when it happened.

Llywellyn was waiting with his own family. There were a few younger children that Simone hadn’t met yet. More than likely Jehanne had kept them away until she knew what to think of the Terrowins.

“What this?”Lila grabbed at a flowering tree that was close to her. The girl looked up at her mother waiting but Simone didn’t know.

“It’s called a Tulip Tree.” Llywellyn came over to her and got on her level. “Do you like it?”

“Yeah,” Lila nodded. She held a scowl for a moment as she lost her grip on the tree. Simone chuckled a bit.

“You have to be delicate with it Lila. It’s a flower not a tool.” Simone chuckled a bit.

“She’s getting more and more curious… meanwhile…” Llywellyn looked at a sleepy Janus.

“Yeah, I don’t think he’s ever going to change,” Simone lifted Lila up a bit higher so she could see the tree.

Llynette was looked at Llywellyn and Llywellyn back at her not sure what to make of him. “Are you still nervous Llynette?”

“I’m trying to figure out why you are an idiot here,” Llynette was blunt and Llywellyn reeled back.

“Am I that different here?” Lly looked to Simone who shrugged.

“That was mean Llynette,” Simone scolded lightly.

“Sorry Mama,” Llynette made a face and curtsied to Llywellyn before running off with Jules and Corrine.

“…She’s brutal like my mother was…” Llywellyn made a face and chuckled.

“Ah, I was wondering where she got that habit from,” Simone thought about it and laughed. “Makes sense now.” Lila had taken to wanting to be cradled in her arms so Simone obliged.

“You like your Uncle Llywellyn right Lila?”

“You okay,” Lila looked up at him.

Author: Dusk, Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:32 PM, Post Subject: A Cordial Visit [P/R]

“All right, everyone in,” Lewis said as he stepped through the gate. For once, their visit to Sulwal was for a mere visit, a ‘playdate’ of sorts for the kids, and a chance to get off the island. Llywellyn, of course, was excited to see Simone and the kids. Lewis was happy enough to get a chance to relax and visit with the King too, of course. The bright, morning sunlight trickled through the tree canopies, illuminating the all too familiar pathway towards the castle gates.

“Careful now,” Rex said as he helped Hazel step through the portal. Despite being heavily pregnant, Hazel was more than adamant to leave the house. Their own little hut had yet to be finished, though it was well on its way to being finished, but that still meant that Hazel was confined to the lower levels of the castle with little to do for entertainment, unless Rex brought her things to do. And there were only so many books she could read before she started to get stir crazy.

Lucas and Ezili stepped through next, hand in hand, though Ezili was holding a sleepy Janus. It was getting to the point where the twins could be separate from each other and be less than bothered about it, through to a point. Every so often, Janus and Lila would have enough of their separation, and force the issue with gates. For the most part, though, they were getting quite independent.

Next, stepped through Fiori and Mira, and they darted off into the woodlands, eager to explore and find new friends. Fiori went off, exclaiming that she could find more squirrels, and Fiori was more than happy to follow along, hoping to find more fishy friends in the nearby lake. Jules and Corrin followed next, looking around. This had been the first time they had ever been to Sulwal, and they were quite shocked at the whole thing. Lucas smiled and pat Corrine’s head, giving her assurance.

Finally, Lewis and Simone stepped through. Llynette was holding one of Simone’s hands, with Lila being held in the other. Similarly, Lewis came through with Alshaya holding his hand, and Glyn nestled in the other, sleeping away.

“All accounted for?” Lewis asked. He did a quick count, and frowned. “Missing two…Fiori and Mira?”

“They ran off,” Lucas said.

“Ah…well, they know the rules…” Lewis glanced over to Simone, “…I hope.”