Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > [O]Mushrooms and Trolls
Drysl

Character Info
Name: Drysl
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Hermit/Loner/Wiseman
Silver: 805
Drysl's life as a hermit was simple and peaceful, he had lived in these woods for over two hundred years and over that time he had, had several encounters with the local wildlife. After a while he had come to an unspoken agreement of living in peace with the local wild life though how he had managed this he did not know.

Every morning he'd go out and pick the mushrooms growing on fallen logs, and he'd search for grubs under the logs. Then he'd tend to his herb garden. In the afternoon he'd sit and watch the squirrels scrapping in the trees, or he'd ponder over things which he'd write in his journal. In the evenings Drysl liked to catch fireflies in jars, and feed them the juice of different berries he had long ago notice that berry juice would change the fireflies colors and it brought him great joy to experiment with giving them different juices to see which colors he could get them to make. He also liked to play his harp while listening to the notes echo through out the forest. Before bed he'd eat a mushroom jelly and mint sandwich. this was what an average day in drysl's life was like… Today though was not average not by a long shot.

This morning he had gone out searching for mushrooms, over the last few weeks he had been noticing they were getting rare to find, and he found he kept having to go further and further from home to find them. Today no matter where he looked he couldn't find any. It was getting around to about noon and he hadn't found a single mushroom. So he turned and started walking towards home, when suddenly he heard someone screaming in the distance. He hurried off through the brush in the direction of the screams, when he came across a Bon fire with two trolls sitting by it. They were turning a young girl on a spit over it, and beside was a cage with several people inside, they all looked like they were farmers. Deciding there was nothing he could do for them Drysl started to slowly back away, only to feel a sharp pain on the back of his head, and then his vision faded out to blackness. He blacked out. When he came too, he was in the cage with the farmers. He reached up and touched his head where he had been hit his head and hair was matted with blood, and he winced in pain. He looked over to the trolls there were three of them now sitting around the fire. Drysl listened to them talking amongst themselves, they were saying something about too old and not very tasty, he smiled to himself, well atleast he wasn't going to become dinner…

How is it I'm so old? You ask? Well that's my secret too keep…
Nyromix

Character Info
Name: Cedric
Class: Commander
Silver: 0
While wandering around the woods, Cedric noticed some smoke and decided to put on his beaked mask and tricorn, he thought that it was a forest fire! He walked in the direction of the smoke to see if it was a campfire or an uncontrolled fire in the woods, it was much darker.. It was two trolls roasting people alive! Cedric's mask slightly ruined the line of his site but he aims his bow on the arrows head and fires the arrow, but the troll notices the arrow and quickly goes after Cedric along with his colleague, Cedric, despite only having a bow as a weapon, is able to use it in melee combat just as well, after a long battle, Cedric was able to trick them into thinking he escaped, he quickly goes towards the cage and picks the lock and tries to let everyone out, the trolls to their camp, to see them escaping. The trolls quickly go after them. And-

[Your turn.]

"Part fool, part hero, mostly fool."
Drysl

Character Info
Drysl had lost a lot of blood from the wound on his head, and shortly after being put into the cage he dropped unconscious. After a while he was suddenly woken, by one of the farmers who was frantically shaking him and shouting, "Wake up Old man! Wake up! were free!" Drysl snapped awake, "free?!" He thought, looking around, he saw that everyone was shouting and running everywhere, there was a strange person wearing a mask with a bow in hand, "where did he come from?" Drysl wondered. The farmer that had been shaking him was now dragging him out of the cage. Drysl stood up seeing the angry trolls chasing after the farmers and attacking them. Drysl took this moment of chaos to quickly crawl inside of a hollow fallen log, he could hear the farmers screaming and the sound of bones breaking. Blood poured down his face from the wound on his head, his vision swam with pin-points of light, and he passed out.

Nyromix

Character Info
"Hmm, i need to conjure up a plan, and quick." Cedric thought to himself, after a bit of a while, he targets a troll's legs and another one's arm. Leaving one troll to fight Cedric.

Cedric quickly looks around for survivors and can't find anyone, he goes towards a hollow log for cover and notices that this hollow log is quite heavy. Cedric looks inside to find an old man "Hey, sir? Are you alright?" Cedric tried to wake up Drysl but to no avail, Cedric quickly draws back his bow and-

Drysl

Character Info
[Uh you kinda left that last post unfinished not sure how to go from here lol] Drysl remains unconscious 

Nyromix

Character Info
(Yeah, I purposely leave blanks to give people something to start from) Cedric's bow snaps in two! Cedric quickly thinks of sharpening the edges to turn the sticks into daggers. Cedric calmly waits for them to get close, brushing dirt off his mask and hat.

Claribel Blue

Character Info
Name: Claribel Blue
Alignment: TG
Class: Scholar, Mage hopeful
Silver: 1515
Claribel Blue had found herself wandering through the woods yet again after her most recent trip to the city. She turned a piece of parchment around and around in her hands, her light brows furrowing as she realized that she was completely, utterly lost, because this was a map that she herself had drawn based on the rise and fall of the sun, and, well.. Yes, it wasn't very accurate at all. "Why didn't I just buy a map in the last town I passed?" she mumbled under her breath. Then, she drew a great sigh, rolled up the very shoddily inked 'map', and set it in the roots at the base of a tree she passed.

After a couple more minutes of aimless wandering, she caught sight of–oh no, how horrible! Three trolls snapping innocent people's bones like twigs! Maybe she should just turn back now? Oh, yes, if she turned back now, maybe she could just sneak away and find her way back to town.. The thought weighed too heavy upon her, and so she shook her head and made to scramble up the nearest tree to get a better vantage point of all that was going on.

Seeing one of the trolls advancing upon two humans, one of the humans old and unconscious, she quickly drew her staff and pointed the tip down and outwards. With a quiet huff, she cast a spell that just so happened to weaken the advancing troll! The man with the broken bow wouldn't find himself in as much trouble, would he? She thought to strengthen the still-conscious human as well, but she found herself too tired to do so within mere seconds of the last spell.

The answer to every unasked question is always no.

~C. Blue
Arcane Trickster

Character Info
Name: Pick
Alignment: CG
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Arcane Trickster
Silver: 274
Pick crashed through the forest huffing and out of breath bringing his wounded friend along with him. He was beginning to come down from his adrenaline high, and his chest began to ache. He proped up a halfelf monk with a bleeding ankle.

"I think we lost them" he said to his friend. He then noticed the trolls and the carnage, "oh gods."

he quickly readied his crossbow. Maybe he could sneak around the battle. He paused momentarily and muttered a faint "shit" and shot a bolt at a troll who had picked up a farmer."

You'll have to catch me first.
The_Pasty

Character Info
Name: Tea
Alignment: TG
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Monk, Teaching of the Elements
Silver: 1966
"Will this day end please?" Tea ask himself, he quickly took his hand wraps from his left hand and wrapped around the injuried foot, "That should slow down the bleeding." he then put his boot back on and took his stance.

The troll had thought it was another arrow from the masked man, "Well these are quite large and disgusting looking men aren't they?" Tea asked Pick tired as well, the rogue answered with, "They're trolls, and they are much worse than the seltrusk beast." Tea trusted Pick's words, but he understood the movement of bipedal creatures better than animals.

Tea notice two trolls were somewhat focused on a hollow log, "There might be people in need over there." Tea told Pick, "You should be good at sneaking right? I'll try distract them, you find a way around." 

T. Leaf
Drysl

Character Info
 Drysl woke from his unconscious slumber he could hear the trolls fighting people outside the hollow log he was hiding in he felt really weak and his skin was cold "am I really going to die like this? after living to be 1517 years old?" He thought. Drysl didn't want to die here if he was going to die he wanted to die in his cozy home in his rocking chair. Drysl tried to get out of the log, but he couldn't his vision was blurry his skin was cold and he was too weak too move, he had lost way too much blood. So he just laid there, and thought back on his life on the things he was most proud of. On the memories that brought him joy through the long years.