Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Arri, The Desert Rose > Horae Island > Off to the Races [EVENT][P/R]
Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
There was a plan. They would go as a group and participate separately. That was what Xeik had told them but he wanted Rhenakos and Osiria to be there. Something about building up their bond as they needed it more than anyone. Mia was huffing at them and nodding along with Xeik as he explained before had. They weren’t allowed to tell anyone else though.

They managed to make it sound like one big party and that was enough to get Osiria excited but it wasn’t until Mia and Simone walked in the doors to pick them up that Rhenakos had turned his attention fully on them. Simone had decided to keep it simple with a deeply cut black halter dress that cut down to her navel. It had a long slit up the side to her high thigh and clung to her like a snug glove. Her long black hair had been pulled back with a black flower seated between the neat bun and her head.

Mia went a bit more flashy as Raine was in charge of her wardrobe. Her long blonde hair was left down. It was a short revealing dress of yellow and black. A yellow strapless corset bust with a short black shirt that seemingly wrapped around her starting at her high thigh. If she didn’t move in it carefully enough it would be a disaster but Raine had shown her how to move in it. Around the waist was a gold thin ribbon that was tied into an elegant bow off to the side. Knee high heeled black boots with yellow ribbons and bows wrapped around the top. Finally, she had on a black shrug that came down to her elbows with gold bracelets on each of her arms. A gold choker was around her neck as well to complete this outfit. Mia wasn’t sure how she felt about it but Xeik gave a thumbs up after spitting out his drink seeing her in it.

Osiria had already made her mind up and had her dark hair brought back into an off-center messy bun with gemstones decorating near the base. “I mean… IF you don’t want to come I understand…” She frowned a bit but it all changed once the other ladies showed up. Osiria had decided on a short black skirt with a black bikini-like top. Over it was a red see-through robe that only connected at her waist with some gems. It was short except for the back that swooped down like a bird’s tail. The ends of the fabric were dipped in purple. The shoulders were exposed but there were sleeves that dipped off and bellowed out having been cut so they fell whenever Os put her arms up. Black sleeves started at her mid high arm and came down to where it looped around one of her fingers almost like gloves. She decorated herself with a lot of gold jewelry she had managed to borrow from Leilah and Simone even whistled when she saw her.

After getting Rhenakos dressed for the occasion the women managed to get him on a ship where Lewis and Xeik were waiting. “Sorry for taking so long. Rhenakos had decided he didn’t want to come but he changed his mind thanks to these ladies,” Osiria said with snark as she had her arm looped around Rhenakos so he couldn’t get away. “We need to relax after all the madness…” Simone nodded and came over to Lewis wrapping his arms around her waist.

“So… You guys didn’t say what kind of party this was…” Osiria pointed to the large bonfire as they neared Horae Island.

“The fun kind,” Simone chimed in. Mia huffed and nodded with Simone as she took Xeik's hand.

FalseHope

Character Info
Name: Xeik Eraphim
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Divine Mender
Silver: 1379
Rhenakos was curious when Simone noted that it was a ‘fun’ party. When it came to Simone and Lewis, fun was a very subjective matter, and it was an even coin toss on whether or not it was actually going to be fun. Still, the giant fire was something quite amazing to behold, and he was willing to believe that it was something more akin to the real kind of fun.

Lewis had gone with an elegant black and silver vest, with black pants to match. It was simple, but effective. Xeik had chosen to go in a green and gold vest, with matching green pants, colours that represented his lady as it was her event. Rhenakos had taken the lazy route, and had gone with the red and black clothing he had received back when they were guests in the elvish lands, and while it looked good, on closer inspection it could be seen that it was wrinkled.

As the airship landed, Lewis started to explain a few things to Rhenakos. It was a bit of a game. Basically, you tossed you and your partner’s name in the fire, and you’re given a color. Then, as a group, all of them would be able to participate in some fun little group activities. Between Xeik and Lewis, they very carefully avoided talking about what the actual prizes would be, but made Rhenakos’ mind run wild with the possibilities.

“Besides,” Lewis said. “You like a little challenge, don’t you Rhenakos? Don’t you want to show off? Prove you’re stronger, faster, or even smarter than me and Xeik?”

The hunter smirked, “Sure as hell do. And with everyone watching, maybe Simone and Mia will notice my greatness.” He took a look at the two women. Mia huffed and turned her nose up to him, and Simone merely smiled. It was all going according to plan.

It was Lewis and Simone first. The two weaved their way through the crowd, and tossed their names into the giant fire. Immediately, a heartstring appeared around each of their fingers, glowing a brilliant red. There were oo’s and ah’s from the crowd, and clapping as they stepped back from the fire. The red bond was the strongest, the one that spoke of unbreakable bonds.

“Of course,” Lewis said as he gazed upon his beautiful wife. “I didn’t expect anything less.” He leaned in and gave her a tender, loving kiss. The Lewis of years ago wouldn’t have dared in such a public space, but here and now, he was more than happy to show his affection.

Next was Xeik and Mia, and as they stood in front of the fire, the healer squeezed Mia’s hand. He tossed in their names, and a pink band appeared around their ring fingers, with the slightest hue of red glowing near the center. That was a good sign for them, and with it, Xeik blushed. There was clapping around him, and congratulations from the party goers. From the distance, though, he could feel daggers eyeing him from Angela’s clergy.

Finally, Rhenakos and Osiria stepped up. As Rhenakos started to write their names down, Os glared at him, and yanked the paper away. “Your handwriting is atrocious,” she snapped as she started to scribble it.

“Excuse me,” Rhenakos shot back, grabbing for the paper. “I highly doubt a flame is going to need to read it legibly. It’s just symbolic.”

The two started to fight over the paper, in front of the entire event. A gust of wind came by, and as the paper slipped between hands, caught the slip, thrusting into the flames.

“Look at what you did,” Rhenakos said with a huff.

Simone

Character Info
Simone smirked up at her husband, “No one can ever doubt us now.” Simone kissed him back and wrapped her arms around his waist. They had come a long way from the Lewis that wouldn’t even say I love you in public.

Mia clapped with excitement over the pink string. This was very good for them. Especially when she saw the red.

“Me? You did it.” Osiria huffed. However, she got excited to see what their bond was like. The string formed and her frown came back full force. “Your flame is dysfunctional Xeik.” She waved the now blue string with the slightest hint of pink in their direction. “We’ve been married longer than all of you.”

“Yeah and you both fight like you are two,” Simone said lazily. “Let’s go… The first trial is this way…” She untangled herself from Lewis and seductively pulled him along. “I bet we can beat Osiria and Rhenakos in whatever we do… because they are a match made in hell.” Simone pulled up on the red string up and wrapped it around Lewis to pull him.

“…WE CAN’T LET THAT ANCIENT HARLOT BEAT US RHEN!” Osiria grabbed him by his collar and started to pull him.

Poor Mia just huffed up at Xeik and held his hand as they began to follow.

They got to the first light pillar and looked at the bonfire that was in. “We write our names on a piece of paper and throw it in. That forces the party that goes into this,” Simone read the rules. “We can die but not for real and it will reset making us restart the trial. About time I wasn’t the only one dying around here,” she joked towards Lewis.

Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
Xeik scoffed, “Oh please. The flame isn’t wrong. Lady Angela doesn’t make mistakes like this, and nor do I.” That was a direct jab at Rhenakos. “Unlike you two, who seem to blunder almost every single interaction with each other. And you can’t even deny it…Izori suffered for it. And here you are, about to do it all again to Reva.” This surprised most of them, and Xeik was normally not so outspoken. “These little tests…I hope you realize the benefit of them,” he said, taking a breath.

Lewis was surprised, so much so that there was an actual reaction on his face. Xeik took one look at his former partner in crime, and shrugged.

Rhenakos, while being dragged by Osiria, was surprised as well, and broke free of his wife’s grasp. “Fine, fine,” he snapped, straightening out his shirt. “We’ll show you just what we can do.” He looked to Os, and nodded. “We’ll beat all of them, and show them all.” Just like the old days, when he hunted the demons for vengeance, there was a spark in his eyes.

“Good luck,” Lewis responded as they neared the first light pillar. He took a moment to write down all of their names, and looked to see if everyone was ready. Once he got the okay, he tossed it into the fire. At once, they were all teleported.

A massive voice echoed all around them as they appeared in a rather elegant looking room. The world felt just a tad bit off,and it took Lewis a moment to realize why. They were swaying, much like on a ship.

”Patrons of the Nightshade, I have dire news for you. The mighty leviathan has shattered the hull, and as we speak the ship slowly sinks. I implore you all to come to the top deck as fast as possible…women and children shall be evacuated first…after that, it is fair game. As we were not expecting such tragic events, though, we do not have enough lifeboats. Once the women and children are safe…it’s every man for himself…”

There was a crash, and the whole room shook. “Oh just great,” Rhenakos said with a grin. “I can swim no problem.”

“You’re an idiot,” Lewis replied. “The Nightshade. It’s an old tale about a supposedly unsinkable ship. It went down in the Nyella close to Itjivut. The waters are so cold here, not even a fully grown dragon can handle it. You’d die in a matter of minutes…” He crossed his arms. “So, we have to get up to the deck, and fast. Should be easy enough…”

Simone

Character Info
Simone had a dislike of such tales and it showed. Mia on the other hand… Threw herself over a barrel and wretched. “Mia… Xeik, has she never been on a ship until now?” Simone was concerned. “A seafaring ship is different from an airship that is stable.”

Mia wiped her mouth and made a few huffing noises at Xeik.

Osiria smirked a bit, “I can swim well and I’m hot. All we have to do is keep close and get to the surface.”

“Well… At least we can’t die for real… If I hit the water I’m dead.” Simone looked wholly uninterested in this trial but she was the first one out of the room. “I really fucking hate open water.” And she hated it for good reason.

“How the hell will we know when the ship is close to all the way submerging here?”

“It will start on the lower levels where it was hit. This ship is big so it will start to tilt as it fills. We’re on the third floor so we have time but once the water hits the second floor it will be a lot harder to navigate to the top. Also, we have to compete with all those panicking as well.” She pointed to the stairwells full of people.

Mia huffed and picked up a barrel to throw at the group of people. “I don’t know if that’s the best course of action,” Simone said dryly.

“It sounds fucking fantastic to me!” Osiria took the barrel and threw it at the group. The next thing they knew they were tied up and left to die.

“Well… Thank you Osiria.” Simone looked at Lewis. “Got a dagger? We need a reset. Kill me fast please.”

“WAIT! We can get out of her–”

“Even if we do. You made the whole group hate us. They will do everything possible to make sure we don’t reach the surface in one piece. We reset and we try again.” Simone sighed a bit more. “And this time don’t piss off every other survivor Osiria.” Once Lewis killed Simone they were at the start again after the announcement.

“Alright… This time… Let’s make a plan,” Simone said looking at Xeik and Lewis first. “We can’t attack them but we might be able to make sure of Xeik and his talents for calming people.”

FalseHope

Character Info
Their first attempt was, as expected, a complete disaster. Surprisingly, though, Lewis lost the secret bet between Xeik and Raile. It wasn’t Rhenakos who caused the first reset, but Osiria. Still, there were many, many more bets riding on the rest of the events, including the amount of retries and the like. It was, perhaps, not the best idea to have Raile and Angela meet to discuss potential in’s and out’s of the whole ordeal…

Lewis was quick to kill Simone and reset the challenge, and this time Simone laid out a plan of attack. Or rather, a plan to not attack, as she referred to Xeik and his diplomacy skill. The healer shrugged, and nodded when she gave her initial idea.

“Well, for these challenges it doesn’t matter than I’m Angela’s champion, but I can probably at least try. There’s no harm.” They talked out a few other ideas, and with that, Xeik set off. Already, the ship was starting to tilt, making everything the slightest bit uneven. He pushed his way to the center of the crowd, which seemed to be stuck at the doorway.

“Ah, there’s the problem,” Xeik said, rather loudly. “There’s a rather selfish man there, with a bag full of goods blocking the doorway. Looks like gold and silver…”

“Aye, that’s mine!” a rather unruly man said as he shoved a few people out of his way. “That’s my treasure, and I ain’t leaving without it.” It was obvious, though, that the bag would not fir through the doorway. “Oh? You look like a strong bunch. Get rid of these unruly peasants and help me through the door, and I’ll reward you handsomely.”

Rhenakos cracked his knuckles as he waded through the crowd, “Could just shove your face through a wall and make a second door…”

“Now, now,” Xeik said as he glanced over to Rhenakos. “I’m pretty sure we can talk this through an-”

“Get the selfish bastard!” Rhenakos roared. The panicked group cheered, and rushed the man, trampling over Xeik and anyone else who decided to join into the crowd.

Lewis watched from a distance, sighing. “This…is going to take some time, isn’t it?” he asked Simone.

Simone

Character Info
Mia’s eyes went red as she ran in and shoved people pointing at Xeik. “OH! My apologies!” One of the men said as Mia pulled Xeik up. She dusted him off and her eyes faded back to the sweet gold color he was used to. She checked him over and stomped her foot at Rhenakos.

“There’s one way to solve this,” Simone solved a bit. “Now, we can use violence.” She snapped her fingers and the bag of goods caught fire. The man screamed as he threw it. Immediately it went out and he rushed for it. “Come on we need to go this way.”

She dragged Lewis with her as they made it up to the second floor. The tilting was a lot worse now as all of the women grabbed for some pipes. “Better hold on. We might need to climb our way… Question though… Does anyone know which way to the top?” Simone was looking for any signs but it was Mia who pointed to an arrow that pointed up in the distance.

“I don’t know if I can climb that far…” Simone huffed herself, she wasn’t as strong as the rest of them and her arms were tired halfway up as her fingers started to slip.

Raize

Character Info
Name: Rhenakos Raize
Class: Berserker/Hunter
Silver: 1658
Rhenakos looked to Osiria as the ship tilted. As they all grabbed for the pipes, it was Rhenakos who was physically the strongest, who managed to pull himself up onto a pipe, where he perched himself. As Mia pointed out the exit, he smirked. “Shouldn’t be too hard to do. Super easy. Barely a problem.” It was almost like he was trying to gloat.

Lewis rolled his eyes, and swung himself over to Simone. His eyes met hers, and they both flickered an azure blue. At once, they both sprouted rather majestic black wings, blue flames flickering all around them.

“That’s rather useless,” Rhenakos remarked. “Can’t speak them in he-” He was cut off as Lewis and Simone each plucked each other’s pristine, black feathers, and used them like knives, pinning them to the wall. As their wings dissipated, Lewis helped toss Simone over to a set, to which she easily landed, using them as a foot hold.

“There,” Lewis replied. “Easy enough…let’s go now, everyone. One at a time. Rhenakos, go to the top and help everyone get through.”

Rhenakos rolled his eyes, mocking Lewis as he climbed to the entryway to the next level, helping each of them get up as they neared. “Fucking show off…” As he pulled Simone up, though, he took a rather nice look as her dress hiked up when she went past him.

“I saw that,” Lewis said as he was next. “You’ll do well to be careful…she’s just as likely to gouge your eyes out as I am…”

Navigating the stairwell was interesting, as the ship was now at full tilt. The final floor before they could escape.

Rhenakos huffed, “Want to do that trick again?”

Lewis smirked, “Not really. Why don’t you try something. You messed up Xeik’s plan, so make up for it.”

The hunter sighed. “Os…any plans?” He looked to his wife.

Bite me.
Mia

Character Info
Name: Miranda 'Mia'
Race: Lycanthrope
Class: Slave
Silver: 4620
Mia could do as Rhenakos did and swing herself across but she was looking back for Xeik making sure he kept up with her. Now that Simone and Lewis were creating steps for Xeik to use she trusted in Xeik.

Simone rolled her eyes a bit at Rhenakos as they got to the top. Osiria was thinking a bit. “Well… Three of us have wings… We could fly out but then there’s you, Xeik, and Mia.”

“Even if we flew out no one is strong enough to carry Rhenakos.” Simone waved her hand. She hated the thought of the water coming to kill them. “Wait,” She looked at Xeik. “Can your divine sands make a rope?” It could make anything. “Mia, take Xeik up. You don’t have to get na–” Mia was already throwing her clothes off at Simone who caught all of them.

There was a huff from her as Mia transformed into a large wolf. She pulled Xeik up on top of her and huffed at him to hold on tight. Her feet were strong as she got a good enough start to ricochet herself off the walls and get them to the top.

“Alright! XEIK! Make the rope! The smallest of us can go first and Rhenakos can go last since he can catch us if one of us falls.” It was too shady to fly in these tight corners as Simone went up first followed by Osiria. “I’m really not that strong,” Simone moaned again as she slipped but she felt herself slip and a dagger hit right where her foot could stabilize. “Thank you, Lewis…”

FalseHope

Character Info
The whole plan was quite well made. Sure, it defeated the purpose of getting Rhenakos and Osiria to try and come up with one, but that was fine. There were more than enough chances for that later on, and Lewis could feel the anxiety of the cold water catching them oozing off of Simone.

Xeik and Mia went first, and with a quick flick of his wrist, the divine sands became a long, intricately woven, gold rope. Simone was first, Mia held the rope tight with her teeth, making sure that it was stable. With a little help from Lewis, Simone made it up just fine. Osiria was next, who seemed not to have much issue climbing up the rope. Next was Lewis, who scaled the rope faster than all of them. Last, was Rhenakos. The moment he tugged on the rope, Mia let out a little growl, almost tempted to let it go.

“No, Mia…I know, but we want to win this challenge,” Xeik said as he pet her fur. “Next time. Simone doesn’t like the water much…”

“What is that supposed to mean!?” Rhenakos yelled up as he started to climb up the rope.

Soon, all of them were at the top, and as they went outside to the now capsizing ship, they spotted the last lifeboat. Lewis let go of his little safe spot, and slid down the side of the deck, using one of his other knives to throw and cut the rope holding the boat loose. Now free, it hit the water, and started to float away.

Xeik was on top of it, following behind Lewis, and with the divine sands still as a rope, used in conjunction with one of his own daggers, tossed it at the boat, wrapping it around the end and pulling it close to where the two were going to fall. The ex-thief and ex-assassin each landed on the boat, and looked up to the other four.

“Os, Simone…do you think between the two of you, you can glide down here with Rhenakos?” Xeik yelled.