Archive Home > Archives > 2018 Archives > Eytelia Ziggurat > Clerical Work [O][Event]
Chrysanthe

Character Info
Name: Chrysanthe Albaret
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Pathfinder/Druid
Silver: 0
"Found you!" Her tracking was a success, and she found the wolf almost all the way clear across the nexus. "So you were looking for this? Hmm… Hey isn't this the treasure chamber?" Taking her wooden staff she poked the bag and lifted the flap. She recognized most of the things easily. Somebody who spent a lot of her time in the great outdoors was familiar with the basics for camping. "I'll bring this back to mother. Somebody probably knows whose pack this is." Hefting the backpack she returned, taking care to set it down where busy feet wouldn't trip. Gently tapping the healer angel's shoulder she told her the good news. "I found your friend! He was looking for something, and stopped next to a bag sitting in front of one of the trial doors." She hesitated to tell her which door it was, unsure if that would just cause the angel to worry more. 

But seeing her brother and mother working on healing the injured girl, she took a deep breath and continued. "That door was…the one that needed keystones from the other six to open. I think that's the reason why she's hurt so badly." Hopefully she didn't try going in alone. The thought of anyone trying to survive in there with those two living statues made her shudder. Chrys felt that was as much the healer needed to know. Her mother was nearby, so she didn't want to worry her too. "So this must be hers, right?" Looking at the wolf, she then glanced at the fox girl. "Maybe that's why he ran off all of a sudden?"

'All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.'
Raziel

Character Info
Name: Raziel
Race: Angel Nymph hybrid
Class:
Silver: 558
The timber wolf padded along silently with the tracker, pleased to have found the treasure. When they returned, Zander put his head in Raziel's lap, along with a single paw on her knee. Raziel giggled, something that was rare when she was tending to healing duties. "I can see," poking fun at herself. But the reason he had left was baffling, to be sure. Akira had ran through the trials. More troubling was which door she had entered. She frowned. "Isn't that where those statues attack? Sweet Reverie, what was she thinking?" Zander gave a single bark at the young woman's question.

"That's a yes. She asked for a fox earlier. Think it's in there?" It was a long shot, but maybe if the child wanted it, then perhaps it was in the pack? In fact, it was neatly tucked in on the side, its ears barely visible, hidden by the stuffed blanket. The fox in question was a pure white stuffed animal with piercing ice blue eyes and a cute little pink nose. When it was removed from the pack, and placed by Akira's hand, the child's fingers clenched around it as a life-line. With the fox in hand, the child began to speak in breathy words. "Ring Daddy bell."

Even if they were willing to dig through the child's possessions, a bell would not have been found. The statement was confusing without the item in question, and Nerine didn't even know about a father. "Here, secure this to her head with a wrap." Her wound was still draining, but it was slowing down. "As long as we keep an eye on her head, I think she'll be fine with plenty of rest and fluids."

Nerine

Character Info
Name: Nerine
Class: Herbalist/Scholar
Hearing her daughter's voice, she saw them give Akira a small toy fox that reminded the scholar of the girl herself. "So that was the fox she was speaking of?" For young children, it wasn't unheard of for them to have an object they held onto for security. Her eldest children had theirs when they were small: Chrysanthe's was an old cloth she would pull over her head and tie at her neck like a hood, Lysandre's was their pet ragdoll cat. Akira's words were confusing, and there wasn't any sign of a bell anywhere. "A bell? I don't see one anywhere. Is there one inside the toy?" Her focus returned to treatment, and she followed the angel's instructions. "Lys, how is her ankle?" She asked, checking up on the less serious injuries. "The swelling's reduced, but I don't know if it's completely healed." Her son replied. "That's a relief to hear. Thank you for your help. You did a wonderful job, Lys." Nerine smiled.

A portal opened up, and a blast of chilly air came in. "It's cold. Why does it have to be so cold?" She'd know what complaining anywhere;  her husband  and youngest son had returned with the herbs the Saljians so graciously gave. "There's more still waiting back there. This might be enough to hold us through a few more hours." Sylvain spoke while setting down crates with bundles of dried herbs. Efrain ran as far as he could from the portal, leaving small clumps of snow that rapidly started melting in the warmer air of Eytelia. "Not a moment too soon–we can let the seedlings in the garden grow on their own a little longer. Do you need help carrying in the rest?" Wiping her hands, she swept off some snow that had fallen onto her husband's shoulders. 

"We could certainly use more hands. Zets'Ki gave us a warm welcome once we explained the situation. Come on boys, there are supplies that need moving."
Her husband addressed their sons, with their eldest moving to help immediately. Efrain grumbled, but eventually chose to assist in receiving the boxes on their side of the portal. The twins who were good friends of her children jumped in and carried things back and forth. Soon they had plenty of medicine to go around, with a veritable storeroom's worth on hand. Now they could afford to be a bit more generous with their treatments. Setting a kettle to boil, Nerine began steeping some herbal tea to soothe and relax the injured. Once it was chilled, they could distribute it to keep everyone hydrated. Taking out a few pieces of rock sugar, she carefully dropped them into the boiling water to dissolve. 

She was feeling much more relieved knowing they had enough for the time being. "I've begun steeping some rose and lemon balm tea for everyone. Once the kettle has cooled, we can take a short rest while we can." She told Raziel. "It's lightly sweetened so it won't be too overpowering."

"Love all, trust few, and do wrong to none."
Raziel

Character Info
Class:
Raziel reached over and gave the toy an experimental squeeze. There was something inside, but she didn't have the heart to take the fox from Akira. "Maybe, but it'll be hard to take it from her vice grip. Who knows what it'll do anyway? Might be dangerous." Zander returned to pressing his nose against the child's hand. It pleased the angel to hear that the swelling in her ankle had been reduced, one less thing to worry about. While the cold blast of air felt nice, Raziel checked the chest injuries.

She was quite pleased with their efforts. Akira was still struggling for breath, but that had to do with the fact that each intake pressed her lungs against broken bones. Her body is then sending pain responses, which results in the breath being cut short. Poor thing was only trying to survive beyond her injuries. Raziel wondered why the child was attempting such a difficult trial, and her insistence on the bell. Zander, on the other hand, had jumped up when the portal opened, and frolicked in the snow, bounding back and forth through the portal with the boys. He was acting like a puppy, but she couldn't blame him. It had been a long time since they were any place cold enough such as Zets'Ki.

The angel laughed lightly. "Just open the portal in front of it. That'll cool it." She sat back, wiping her hands off. "I'm Raziel, by the way. And.. You're Nerine? Who are the others, and may I ask how you know the child? What is she even doing here? Isn't she too young to endure trials such as these?" They were legitimate questions, and she didn't expect answers to all of them. There was just an idle curiosity of how many currently attracted by the child have actually noticed she was blind.

Nerine

Character Info
Name: Nerine
Class: Herbalist/Scholar
With a bit of spare time to chat, the healers got to know each other a bit better. "Yes, I'm Nerine and this is my husband along with my children. The two boys who are running about nearby are their friends, Belen and Cyril. This here is my eldest son Lysandre, my daughter Chrysanthe, and my youngest–Efrain." Once introductions were over, then came the more difficult questions. "Akira and I met a while back when she was younger in Iria. It's in the southernmost portion of Parvpora. Close to Feeorin, if I recall. She wanted to visit the Mages' Academy to find a teacher. I haven't seen her since. I suppose she arrived in Eytelia by Sihajja? Aside form portals, that is how most would be able to come here. Even so, no one would be able to open portals here unless they already knew where this place was."

To Raziel's question on why Akira was here, she couldn't say. "She has always been an adventurous sort, and determined to try her hardest when it comes to new experiences. Admittedly I was thinking the same thing as you were, when I first saw her here. The trials are exceedingly difficult, even for seasoned fighters and mages." Shiloh hadn't made things easy from what she heard from the people entering and exiting the trials. "I believe the three of you here can attest to that, isn't that right?" She eyed them as she frowned. "I said I didn't want to go." Efrain stated. "Well? And you two?" Her eldest children kept quiet, with Lys not meeting her gaze. She sighed.

"I know what you're going to say. Belen would say it was all his idea, and that he pulled the wool over your eyes while leading you along. Now I know that isn't true, because you all went together. That includes you, Efrain. Your father and I will give you all a stern talk once we're home. You're fortunate that you came out unscathed, but I don't want you going around planning such risky ideas. Is that clear?" "Yes, mother." They all said in unison. Despite the need to give them discipline, she was quite happy at their success. Even if they were in the wrong for jumping into potential danger without asking their mother, their planning must have been well-thought out. When she checked them all to see if they were hurt anywhere, they came back without any broken bones or sprains. 

"Oh, I'm sorry you had to see that Raziel. I think I can understand why Akira might have chosen to take on the trials herself now." She said, turning to face the angel. "Fortunately for her, her injuries aren't too severe that they won't heal given enough time." "Miss Angel, can we pet your wolf? My brother wants to talk to him, if that's ok." Chrys spoke up, as her older brother's eyes widened as if to protest. "What? Did I say something wrong?" She turned to the blond boy who was whispering loudly with his face a bit flushed.

"Love all, trust few, and do wrong to none."
Raziel

Character Info
Class:
The angel could not help the smile that spread across her face as she listened to the introductions. "Belen and Cyril are the friends. Then we have Lysandre who… tended to Akira's ankle? Chrysanthe who chased Zander, and Efrain who had left with his father to my homeland. Did I get everything right?" Akira sounded like a curious, intelligent child. Serious when it came down to business, and searching for the thrill of youth. If she was conscious, what kind of tales would they hear? Raziel gave a hearty laugh. "Relax Nerine. Your family sounds delightful. It is a pleasure to meet you all."

She didn't quite know where to set her eyes. With so many voices, it was difficult to figure out distance and height to even feign sight. "Maybe, Chrysanthe, if you can call me Raziel. And his name is Zander. If he says anything interesting, let me know." With Raziel's verbal permission for others to touch him, Zander stood and walked over to the Chrys and her brother, sat on his haunches, and lifted a paw. The angel cocked her head with a curious expression, trying to determine what he was doing exactly. 

Akira stirred slightly, pulling the angel's attention away with a gentle "shhh". "Daddy…" She frowned. "Nerine, do you know who her parents are? Perhaps we should try to send them a message… Inform them of her condition." Was it too much to attempt? Raziel sighed. "So young, and reckless. Was the possibilities of the rewards worth the risk? How old are your children? They all sound so young, and rather impetuous."

Chrysanthe

Character Info
Raziel wouldn't see it, but Chrys was happy when she said they could pet him. "Thanks Miss Raziel! I have a brush somewhere in my bag. Come on!" Nudging her brother, they went to play with the wolf. When Zander lifted his paw, Chrys shook it. "What are you doing?" Her brother was giving her a puzzled look. "Doesn't he want to shake hands? I've seen people train their pets to do that." She answered. "Hi Zander! I'm Chrys, and this is my brother Lys! I probably won't be able to understand what you're saying, so you can tell my brother. Unless you're part plant, that is." She joked. "You want me to translate?" He asked. Turning to her brother she said with a straight face, "Mhm. Why not? You're the one who talks to our kitty and the fairy dragons."

While they were spending time with the angel's pet, she resumed talking with their mother. She thought for a while when Raziel asked if she knew who Akira's parents were. "Well…let's see. I think I remember her saying something of the sort that time in Iria. I believe she was adopted? By…two women, yes. I'm not entirely sure if I've remembered the names correctly, but maybe it was 'Celeste' for one of them? And…and Larka." She frowned while trying to recall. "Is there by chance, a small pet that was with her? If so, it likely knows more clearly than I do." It truly had been a long time since the fox child and the scholar had last met. As the subject moved onto the reasons for why anyone would attempt the trials, Nerine sighed again.

Chrys had been eavesdropping, and before her mother could answer she piped up. "We didn't go in for the treasure! They said that if we finished the trials, it would help fix whatever's gone wrong with the sky and the moons overhead. And the more people who did them, the better. Bel wanted to see what was behind the big door, so…he suggested we work together to get the keys faster."

'All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.'
Raziel

Character Info
Class:
"Part plant? Most plants don't taste good, and usually don't move. Why do dogs like to chase cats anyway? Don't let my master fool you. I am very important. It's my job to be her eyes. She's blind, you know." Zander seemed excited to finally have the ability to talk to someone, to finally have a way to communicate beyond yips, barks, and nudges. "But please, I would love to have my fur brushed. It's been awhile since master had the time to sit and relax. Poor Elithia, sent her to find Gabriel and Ramiel, but she barely knows anything about them. If you hear about them, let her know? Master has this sphere that reads her letters if no one is around to do it for her."

Raziel was processing the information that was shared by the child. Celeste and Larka? "Did she say where they were living? But no, there's no pet here. What else is in her bag?" Before anyone could check, the backpack in question began to shift around. What poked its head out, however, was not what they were hoping for. It was a bird like toy with scary looking eyes. The angel sat as still as a statue, unsure of what it was. "Looks like she finally did something right in her life! The twerp left that no good puca behind! Finally, I have the pack to myself. And there's nothing stopping me." Steve dove back into the pack.

Chrysanthe

Character Info
"Why? I don't really know. I think they just sort of have that impulse to chase when they see something smaller than them?" Lys replied to the wolf's question on dogs, cats, and chasing. As her brother listened carefully, she was sitting not far off watching them. "So what'd he say?" She leaned over, her face peering from behind. "Hold on, I'm trying to make sure I don't miss anything." Once Lys was sure he caught everything Zander said, he repeated it back to her. "He's not a pet, he's actually assisting Miss Raziel since she's blind. And he would very much appreciate having his fur brushed too. Someone named Elithia asked her to find a Gabriel and Ramiel, and he asked if we could keep our ears to the ground if we hear anything about them."

"Oh, I see…She's doing a good job on her own. I can't imagine trying to heal someone when I can't see them." She nodded, having a newfound respect for the angel. "We'll keep our eyes open and ears alert if we catch wind." Chrys answered the wolf. Now, it was time for brushing! As she smoothed the bristles over the wolf's coat, she couldn't keep herself from grinning. "Don't worry, I've done this before! Lots of times, actually." Her brother turned in surprise. "You have? When?" "From practicing on Uncle Walter, of course!" He stared at her in shock. "Wait you don't mean–you brushed him?! With a dog groomer's brush??" The tracker in training quipped back nonchalantly, "What else was I supposed to use?" The boy was at a loss for words. "That's…that's just–I don't even known what to say…" 

Nerine couldn't find any trace of the puca Akira was almost never without, and she didn't have any more information that would help them find her adoptive parents. Suddenly, a rather disturbing looking thing emerged making goosebumps break out on her skin. It had an unsettling presence and the voice definitely wasn't anything good. Once it finished gloating about its freedom, it retreated back into whatever dark recesses in the bag it had crawled forth from. "…Ah. Well, that's certainly not it. I think we should leave her things alone for a while…"