Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Zets’Ki Cradle > Why is the White So Cold? [L:3]
Eden

Character Info
Name: Eden
Alignment: CN
Race: Tigerfolk
Class: Beastmaster
Silver: 7
The change of temperature was definitely notable as Eden stepped into the heated room, using her weapon to once more to try and keep herself steady , though at the cost of causing the smooth floor wooding to cracks under the weight of her weapon before she pushed herself to where Hagar sat himself down, letting her weapon sit on the ground as she rubbed her arms while taking in the heat from the large fire that filled the pit in the center of the tavern, which filled the tavern with heat. It seemed the heat was enough for Hagar to take a nap to, in which Eden in turn threw the skin back over onto him.

'Hello, my dears," was the voice that greeted the pair that woke Hagar from his slight slumber before setting out mugs in front of the pair. This was not the woman who had greeted them before, but it could have been easy to mistake so. She was tall and pale with bright blonde hair, but it took a mere moment to note a significant difference: white, feathery wings. Looking around, more of the local  folks had them as well, and it was no mere decoration, as their clothes left their backs exposed to let them spread their wings out. Stepping out of the way, another one came up with a basin of steaming water was placed on the ground before taking the tiger-kin's feet, forcing Eden to jump and curl up.

"I am sorry," this half-angel told Eden before reaching out again, "but we want to make sure you don't lose your feet to frostbite…" While Eden was hesitant, she did allow the winged woman to guide her feet in, a sigh of relief and pleasure escaping her lips from the sensation alone. Such warmth filling her toes rose up her legs as she rested. A smile resting upon her face as the tiger-kin accepting it before standing up, her wings folded close as she greeted them with, "Well then, we welcome you to the Zets’Ki Cradle. It must have been a long journey for the pair of you. Would you care for a meal with your drinks?" Eden's response wassimple, but odd: holding her hands up to near her mouth before doing a biting action.
ShamanicHeathen7475

Character Info
Name: Hagar Wildson
Race: Human
Class: Shaman
Silver: 1026
Hagar shifted his pelt on his shoulders so that it would rest comfortably upon his skin. When he looked up at the woman, who was currently setting their drinks down before them, he noticed that it was not the local woman who had greeted them before. Beautiful white wings spread out from her back, as did wings from many of the other locals, Hagar discovered. He decided that these people must be descended from angels, and the thought made him smile. He always admired the beauty of angels, with their fair skin and graceful ways. He had never actually met one before however, and he was amazed at just how beautiful they truly were up close. As he studied the woman who had delivered the drinks, her companion was preparing to place Eden's feet in the warm water.

Hagar couldn't help but laugh when Eden jumped in response to the woman touching her feet. After the woman assured Eden that she meant no harm, the tiger-kin allowed the woman to guide her feet into the warm water. As soon as Eden's feet hit the water a sigh of pleasure escaped her lips. Hagar couldn't help but crack a joke at the situation. "It looks like you've got my feline companion here practically purring." He chuckled to himself and glanced over in hopes that Eden had a sense of humor and wouldn't attempt to use her blade on him.

Hagar refocused his attention on the half-angel before them as she welcomed them to the area, which she claimed was named Zets'Ki Cradle. It was an interesting name, well suited for a place inhabited by the descendants of angels. The woman offered the two a meal to which Eden replied by making a biting motion, indicating that she indeed wanted a meal. "A meal would be nice." Hagar stated before taking a sip of his beverage. The warmth flooded his body and the taste was absolutely amazing. He laughed out loud and declared "I might need a refill when you get back, this drink is amazing!" The woman smiled at him as she walked away to fetch their meals for them. He took another sip of his drink, which he assumed was some sort of ale. The shaman leaned back in his chair and draped a long arm across the back of Eden's chair. "How are your feet?" He asked in an attempt to make small talk, though he knew he would be answered with gestures instead of spoken words.

" I am Hagar, warrior of the wilds, and none shall stand in my way!"
- Hagar "The Feral"
Eden

Character Info
Name: Eden
Race: Tigerfolk
Class: Beastmaster
Silver: 7
Even though Hagar mentally prepared himself to get bashed for his racial joke, Eden could not do a think but blink questionably about his comment? Purring? What exactly did he mean by that? … Was that what this comfort was? Purring? … Was he purring as well? Looking him over, as if to see if he was, she watched him take the drink boldly, hearing his body react with laughter before commenting out loud. This lead her eyes to guide over to her own mug, which rested on the counter idly.

Collecting the mug into her hands, she brought it to her face before giving it a bit of a sniff, wincing a bit. It smelled sort of like what was at the one place she was before… where the drink assaulted her. Carefully, she brought it to her lips before taking a large gulp, though was just as quick as before to choke on the burning feeling down her throat, stumbling out of the foot bath and her chair to stair down the cup that had been recklessly abandoned from the gulp. Her ears laid back as her tail hung high in the air, a bit of a growl in her throat before feeling a leg give way.

"Now now," One of the half-angels stated, setting the plates in her arms down before getting back to her feet. "You need to stay where you are unless you wish for permanent damage." As if by force, she guided the tigerkin back to her seat, resting her feet back in the warm waters, before returning back to the plates and setting them in front of each person. It was a simple meal of steak and potatoes. "I am guessing you are not much of a drinker. I will see if we have something lighter," she stated before leaving the two back to their peace.

With meat in front of her, and her stomach reminding her of her hunger, Eden was quick to grab the steak by hand, sinking her fangs into the flesh before tearing it apart, devouring her portion like a feral animal. Or, at the very least, like the messiest eater ever.
ShamanicHeathen7475

Character Info
Name: Hagar Wildson
Race: Human
Class: Shaman
Silver: 1026
Hagar saw Eden eye him curiously after he made the purring comment. This reaction is much better than the one he expected her to have, which involved him dodging a sword swung by the tiger-kin in anger. He laughed a little as the girl winced at the scent of the drink. Hagar figured Eden must not be one to drink alcohol, an assumption that was proven correct after she took a large gulp from the mug in her hands. She tossed the drink out of her hand, sending the cup rolling on the floor, before basically pouncing on it like a housecat on a mouse. Eden's fury ended however when her leg wobbled and gave out, causing the girl to fall to the floor. The shaman couldn't help but let out a light hearted chuckle while watching the scene, though he made a mental note to keep liquor away from Eden in the future. One of the half-angels helped  Eden back to her feet before leaving to fetch a lighter drink for the girl.

Hagar took a knife in hand and began to cut a slice out of his steak, which was bloody and pink, just the way he liked it. The meat was tender and his mouth filled with juices as he bit into it. He was enjoying his meal so much that he almost didn't notice how Eden was eating hers. The girl had taken the steak in her hands and was tearing into it like a wild animal. "I guess they don't call you beast-kin for no reason." Hagar quipped with a laugh. The shaman took a bite out of his potatoes, which were just as good as the steak surprisingly, before taking another hearty chug of his drink. The glass was almost empty and he hoped the serving woman would bring back a refill when she returned with a new drink for Eden. His prayers were answered when she returned with a glass of a new beverage, as well as a pitcher of the drink Hagar was consuming. As the half-angel filled Hagar's mug he asked her "Is there any chance that this place doubles as an inn? My companion and I are going to be staying in town for the night so we will need a place to sleep." 

" I am Hagar, warrior of the wilds, and none shall stand in my way!"
- Hagar "The Feral"