Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Jayou, The River City > The Silhouette [O/R]
Evanis Pinestill

Character Info
Name: Evanis Pinestill
Alignment: TN
Race: Deerman
Class: Ranger
Silver: 1238
A scent of something charred reached Evanis's nose when he arrived.  The gateway had been reduced to a complete wreck and found the figure with her mask off and fires near her.  He had no clue what happened beyond that dimensional rift, but when he saw the young boy lying on the ground, he was concerned and when she disappeared for a moment, he strolled over to check on his condition.  To his relief, the child was alive, but out cold.  He kept watch and as he did so, he gave the ruined gateway another glance and scratched his chin.  Whoever was responsible for this must have quite a hefty bounty on them.

As much as he would have loved to claim it, he knew that he most likely would not stand a chance against the target.  When the woman returned, Evanis turned to her and said, "It must have been hell on the other side.  I'm glad you were able to get the kid out.  Hopefully he can be returned to his parents."

He folded his arms.  His bounty was already collected, and while offering assistance was uncommon for him, he decided to extend a chance to her for help in case she needed it.  It was the least he could do after all as he asked her, "Would you like me to help you with anything ma'am?"
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
Having left her rage-induced haze, Shiloh's eyes looked Evanis' way. Although not having a mask made her seem less suspicious and more approachable, her deadpan expression made featureless clay appear to have more emotion. Rummaging through the sack of personal effects she had taken before the domain collapsed, she handed him the ball Theo had been playing with yesterday. "When he wakes up, give it to him. I found it nearby." It technically wasn't a lie, but she wasn't in the mood to explain. "The bartender from that tavern we were at knows his mother." She then turned to trudge off into the night, to parts unknown. The sack of trophies the black fox had kept of its victims was emptied gradually over the course of the week as the contents were returned with notices attached, addressed to whoever still cared about the deceased in question. 

The local authorities spread the story that the culprit behind many unresolved disappearances died in an altercation with one of their most recent victims, resulting in a fire that unfortunately consumed both. Theo was not mentioned at all, to give the boy and his mother privacy. Most in Jayou soon forgot the strange masked person who had roamed the streets for a short while and business went on as usual. As for the story presented to the public, Shiloh had planted the idea using omission and suggestion when she had reported finding Theo unconscious that evening. Nobody who wasn't involved needed to know what really happened, and she intended to keep it that way. Peace returned to the sleepless city, for now. In the end, not even the ashes of the black fox remained.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Evanis Pinestill

Character Info
Name: Evanis Pinestill
Alignment: TN
Race: Deerman
Class: Ranger
Silver: 1238
Evanis held onto the ball as she walked off into the darkness.  He looked between the ball and the boy, wondering what he must have been seeing while he was under hypnosis.  It was around two minutes when the boy finally began to stir and his eyes fluttered open.  The young lad had a confused expression when he saw Evanis staring down at him.  The ball was transferred to the boy and he explained, "I know things might be weird now, but you must follow me, your mother must be worried about you."

He held out his hand to the boy, who hesitated at first, but then accepted and was pulled to his feet.  The two made their way through the streets back to the tavern where the bartender had a surprised expression upon seeing the child.  Evanis approached the bartender and said, "That boy's been through some wild times.  Where's his mother?"

The bartender gestured to someone nearby, who jogged out of the tavern.  Moments later, he returned with the boy's mother in tow, and the two family members, finally reunited shared a longing embrace.  Gratitude was given to Evanis by the mother, but he raised his hand and explained, "Someone else did most of the work to get him to safety.  They just tasked me to bring him here."

Regardless, the boy was saved and Evanis at last decided that it was time to depart Jayou.  He exited the tavern and made his way to the docks where a medium-sized vessel was transporting passengers down the river.  Payment was given to the man receiving the money, and he tipped his blue cap to Evanis saying, "You're lucky.  You've got the last spot on our boat."

Evanis nodded and stepped aboard, where he took the last available seat at the back and the boat made its way down the stream.