Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Zujiuchu Mountains > Hoja Mesto > Assassin Game [P/R]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
Xeik was fast, and even without information on what was happening, he moved quick and disarmed and knocked Simone out in a single motion. “Llywellyn? What the fu-” He was cut off as the elf king spouted off a set of instructions. It seemed like it was an emergency, and that was enough to at least get Xeik moving. “Fine, but talk as we work.”

Roma, Xeik, and Llywellyn worked together, and within half an hour they had gathered all the kids and opened a gate. It had taken some explaining, but the younger kids were panicking. If it had not been for Rex and Lucas taking charge of the younger ones, it would have taken much longer. Xeik wasn’t privy to all of the details, but he at least had an idea what was going off. “Lewis is in trouble…being hunted even. That’s…” He grimaced. “We have to figure out how to help…” Alshaya was in his arms, and Everett in Lucas’. The two kids were worried about their father, and neither one of them wanted to leave without him.

“It’ll be okay,” Xeik replied, smiling to Alshaya. “I promise.”

Lewis was in agony, but he wasn’t going to die. With the resonance cut, at least Simone wasn’t in danger of receiving the effects of whatever the toxin was, but without her magic, that left him with only his weapons and his wits. He swayed, the poison still hitting his senses. Without hesitation, he pulled out the scalding fire dagger, and slammed it into the same arm.

At once, the searing pain lit up his senses, and he hissed. But the pain was sobering, at least for the time being. And the dagger of choice instantly cauterized. “Lucky I had it on me,” he muttered. Next, was to get out of the burning house. What a shame…I liked this place, he thought. Still, the front door was obvious. They were expecting him to panic.

I could use the portal, but it’s likely everywhere else is on fire as well… He decided to go for the rooftops. Even without Simone, he could probably survive the fires above long enough to hit the Vilpa roofs. It took little time to navigate the burning building, and soon he was next door, out in the cool air.

Surely enough, there was a small mob at the front of the house, waiting for Lewis to appear. What even is happening? Lewis had a lot of questions, but no one to answer them. “Hm…I wonder if Jas is home…” The assassin narrowed his eyes, looking across the rooftops. There’s his house…let’s pay a visit…

It was likely that he wasn’t home just yet, but with it being late in the day, surely he would be home soon. And Lewis would be waiting…

Simone

Character Info
Name: Simone Terrowin
Class: Songstress/Novel Writer
Silver: 13883
Shaya and Everett had run for the kitchen trying to get the kitchen knives. “We’re gonna go get Daddy right?” They yelled at Xeik. It took a little wrangling from Xeik and Lucas to get them to put the knives away.

Ezili was petting Everett’s hair as he was crying. They all were pretty upset. Even the twins were upset as Ezili held them. “I want to go get Papa too,” Ezili whispered but she kissed the twins’ hair to keep them from crying too much.

Jas was whistling as he came into the house. It was a good day a great day. “What a good day for business~” He sang as he hung up his tattered top hat. “The Dusk Assasin~” He was humming as he lit the candles.

He dropped everything with a scream as he spotted Lewis. “YOU! How are yo–” Jas went to run for the door but he wouldn’t be able to get it open. “DON’T KILL ME. Come on we’re friends Lew my boy!”

Dusk

Character Info
As Jasper walked in the door, Lewis merely smiled. The moment that he was noticed, Lewis couldn’t help but twirl his dagger and give a snarky remark. “Have a late night, dear?” It was like one of Simone’s bad romance novels that she read late at night. It was evident, though, that Lewis was barely taking Jas as a threat.

“Jas, why would I kill you?” the assassin said as he stood up, walking towards the informant. “You’re so much better to me alive…” Lewis tossed a dagger into Jas’ shoe, pinning him to the ground. As he yowled in pain, he tried to look around for something, anything to escape. “Now, now…please Jas…I just have a few questions.”

It didn’t take long for Jas to spill everything. The two wealthy brothers in Hoja threw all the wealth they had behind the bounty, and when the Vilpa society learned of the mark, they tripled it immediately. The Dusk Assassin was bad for business. Or, good for business if you looked at it this way. Once Lewis was out of the way, it would free up the higher value targets again, and flood the market with work.

“So basically…I’m too good,” Lewis said with scoff. “There’s a lot more out there who are on my level, or better…”

Jas was whimpering, “But…none of them had a bounty placed on them. You just happened to be the one. I’m sure there are loads who would love to do it, but none of them want to flit the bill for it.”

Lewis crossed his arms. “Oh…I raided your medicine cabinet. And…Jas?”

“Yes?”

“You sound so much better without the bullshit accent,” Lewis yanked his dagger out of Jas’ shoe, and pushed past him into the streets. “Take care now…”

“Simone…” Xeik said as he slowly tried to wake her. Llywellyn had set her up in her own room. Lucas and Ezili were there as well, taking care of the twins. Rex was in charge of the others, helping with the young kids and keeping them entertained.

“Hey, Simone…” The healer sighed. “Don’t freak out Simone. Just…stay calm…”

Simone

Character Info

Simone was laying in the bed and she gruffed for a moment at Xeik. “Don’t tell me what to do.” She tried to get up and Llywellyn pushed her back down.

“No way, you are staying put,” the elf king crossed his arms at her. “Seriously, you’ll get yourselves killed if you go. If I understand right he can’t die unless you do. So you are staying right here.”

“But.”

“No buts. You would do the same thing to me or worse. SO, you are staying put,” Llywellyn looked towards Roma as he spoke to Simone. “She should be okay to talk to now. You are going to behave right Simone?”

“I guess,” the mother was finally allowed up. “You took my daggers off of me.”

“Yeah, I did,” Llywellyn put his hands up. “I’ve seen you naked.”

“Yeah, when we were fucking sixteen, asshole.” Simone smacked him and Llywellyn held up his hands.

“I probably deserved that.”

“You did. Give me my babies,” Simone made a face as she held out her hands. “They are upset.” Once she got Lila and Janus she began to calm them down.

Lewis? Are you alright? Please talk to me. She bent down and kissed both of the twins. Please… Tell me you are okay for the situation you are in.

Dusk

Character Info
I’m fine,

Lewis was prowling the streets of Vilpamolan, keeping to the shadows and laying low. He was good at keeping unseen, but there were so many out looking for him, that he had run into more than a few. Luckily, they weren’t anywhere near on his level, and they were easily disposed of. Still, there was only so long he could keep with up, and he was starting to get tired.

How about you, are you safe? Of course she was safe. She had been knocked out, and the only one capable of that was Xeik, which meant he was there. That meant she was somewhere safe, either on the island or Elysia. Wait…Llywellyn? Are you sure it’s safe enough there!? And he what!? There was a rush of frustration and anger.

Now’s not the time, though… he thought. He pushed the feelings aside. No, she was safe and that was all that mattered for the time being. I’ll take a break at Angela’s temple here in Vilpa, and then check on some of the other safe houses. I don’t think any of them are safe, but just in case… It was a solid plan of attack.

Just stay safe, Simone…we’ll handle this like we always do…

Simone

Character Info

One-moment love. She put Janus down. “Llywellyn come here please.”

“Sure, how can I help.”

She cracked him hard across the face and smirked. “That’s for Lewis.”

“…Tell him I deserved that too.”

“You probably did,” Simone looked more relaxed now that they were talking.

We’ll be safe here in Sulwal. Llywellyn moved us here immediately under his protection. Nowhere is safer than this castle right now. I promise. He might be an idiot sometimes but if I know him he’s upped security. He’s serious about nothing happening to us. He’s also trying to help you.

“Xeik? Can you get supplies to Lewis at the temple in Vilpa? Just make sure he is taken care of please.” This should help you. It’s the least I can do is make sure you are taken care of while we’re away. Do you need anything from the house? I’ll get you it and give it to Xeik.

Dusk

Character Info
There was almost an audible laugh from Lewis, but he stifled it. Even in this dire situation, Simone knew how to make Lewis feel better. Do your best. I’ll be fine with the supplies I can scavenge. Don’t worry…

It took him about an hour to navigate to the Angela’s Vilpamolan temple, and when he slipped inside, he was greeted by none other than Xeik himself.

“What are you doing here?” Lewis asked.

“Came to make sure you’re set,” the healer replied. He walked up to his friend, and sighed. “I won’t be able to do this often, but if you give me a heads up, I can meet you in the temples and give you a quick once over. I can’t do much without a lot of time, but…” He looked at the arrow and dagger wound he had received. “I can at least patch you up a bit…”

After a quick heal, Lewis felt better, and as he gathered supplies, Lewis looked back to Xeik.

“Just…take care of Simone. Make sure she doesn’t try to come after me…”

Xeik nodded. “Watch your back, and good luck. I promise we’ll figure out a way to cancel the bounty…”

Lewis nodded. “Keep in touch…” With that last goodbye, he disappeared into the night…