Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Pirate Haven of Vilpamolan > [O] A Brave New World
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
The sharp crack of the pine boards splintering upon hitting the ground followed by the rattle of the metal chain sounded in her ears. As the smell of salty air creeped through the loosened planks of wood, Shiloh knew freedom was within reach. Taking advantage of this opportunity, she strained her eyes in the cramped darkness and ran her fingers along the surface of the coffin lid until she detected a break in the planks. Using all her might, she kicked and punched until the wood gave. From the outside the large crack in the lid began to widen, until finally a hand broke through. The coffin shook violently as the person trapped within continued their struggle when the lid itself split open sending chunks of frayed plywood all over the ground like a more explosive version a moth emerging from a cocoon. With the cover decimated, the now useless chain fell limp as Shiloh scrambled out of what should have been her final resting place.

Any individual with a sense of humor would likely notice the irony of a live person emerging from a coffin in such a manner, but the thought never crossed Shiloh's mind. She was too preoccupied with filling her lungs with as much air as possible and flushing out the adrenaline from her system. Her senses still jumbled and disoriented, her eyes frantically darted around looking for any sign of the soldiers and robed figures who had locked her in that awful box. Should she catch a glimpse of any faces she knew, she was ready to bolt like lightning at a moment's notice.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
Walking down the streets in of the town known for gangs in human form was not her favorite thing to do but it always had something interesting going on, and she always tended to be in the center of it. That morning She had got into 3 fight's and was starting to make a name for herself. As victor she was higher up on the ranking list now, that also meant more people would attack for a bit but she was ok with it for the moment. 

Hearing wood and the riddle of changes she went to investigate. She rounded a corner as the coffin exploded. definitely not the weirdest thing she saw but it did spark her interest a bit. She leaned against the wall with her hood up. she than watched to see what would happen.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Shiloh's eyes and ears were in overdrive, bringing in more information than she could process properly. The first thing she noticed, was people. People everywhere. She had never felt comfortable around humans and being in an area absolutely full of them was not improving her state of mind. No, no–she couldn't let the paranoia go to her head. She had to keep calm, stay collected. From what she had observed since making her great escape, the people here didn't seem to notice that someone had burst out of a coffin in plain view. That could mean several things: they didn't care, they were watching her to see what she would do, or they thought she was crazy.

In response to the crowd's lack of acknowledgement–or interest, she held her breath for a few seconds to dull her initial panic and straightened up. A few quick glances around the area informed her that she wasn't in the executor's courtyard anymore, but she had no idea where and what this place was. Checking the inside of the smashed pile of wood she recovered a few of her most important worldly possessions: her sword, her dagger, and whatever the guards had failed to confiscate from her knapsack. With her mind and body more or less intact, she dusted herself off and took another quick look around for mages. Particularly human ones with long robes, staves, and beards. She already cheated death once, and she wasn't going to let the council of the magi get a hold of her again.

Surveying the damage she had done to her former wooden prison, she decided that the mess wasn't worth salvaging. There was no point in prying half a dozen used nails and carrying a bunch of useless plywood. Shiloh then began her search to find the nearest exit, or at least figure out where she had crash landed in.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue watched as the woman got out of the box and started looking around. she could synce her panic and felt bad she herself knew the feeling of being new to a world of people. but yet she also noticed that everyone kept going as if nothing happened as they always did. They did not want to mess with the coffin person incase of it being someone from a rival gang or thinking that if they got involved a pirate lord would be after them. 

Vinsue smiled at that thought if she could get in the hair of one of the many Pirate lords she may have a fight and with a fight, she would have a chance to take their place. "Coffin woman follow me." She said just above a whisper as she walked past and into an alleyway.

She leaned against a wall and waited. She had hoped for a chance to make a Lord mad and now thought she had a chance if she could get the woman out of the city safely. Course she had no idea she would upset the council of mages but even so she had higher beings on her side.

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
In the midst of the noise, Shiloh picked up the whispers directed at her. She looked out of the corner of her eye in the voice's direction, and hesitated to follow. She wasn't going to just go along with somebody she had never met. She wouldn't go along even if it had been somebody she had met. This clearly was a trap, or the most boldfaced attempt at an alleyway robbery she had ever seen. You don't just tell people to follow you and expect it to happen. How would you give them the peace of mind that you're not going to have a gang of hooligans waiting on the other side ready to strip them bare like vultures or shiv them in the gut? However, if she didn't tail them there was a possibility that they could reveal her location to the council. Both possibilities were undesirable, and she had no way to determine which of them this was. She hated when that happened.

After several seconds of stubborn resistance, she took the risk. She slipped her dagger into her boot before she went in case it did turn out to be a mugging. If they asked for trouble, they would get it and even if she couldn't win she at least wouldn't go down without a fight. 

Her God Powers are:
Vinsue

Character Info
Seeing the human came she smiled. "So before i get into more trouble and help you what piret lord is after you?" She was not going to hurt the woman but she asked for the simple fact that she wanted to know who she was dealing with. She looked towards the street to see some poor drunk run into someone. She almost wanted to join the soon to be fight but now had a mission. "i am Vinsue, And if i were to have wanted to mug you I would have done it in the street so that my stats would be higher." She pushed herself off the wall and started walking deeper into the ally away from the street. "Come, before someone else does."

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Shiloh sized up the person who had beckoned her into the alley. Based on her hair color she wasn't human–or at least half human. If she was a fae then things would get ugly if this act of goodwill was a front for something darker. Shiloh blinked when the woman asked her a question. "…Pirate lord? What pirate lord?" So apparently not only was she in a seaport, but a seaport run by pirates. Wonderful. Shiloh wasn't going to mention anything more about who really put her in that coffin, after all they likely had spies all over the place.

As she was processing this new information, she racked her brain for anything related to trade cities or pirates she had heard of before being captured. If she was near the coast, then that would mean she had somehow managed to travel at least fifty miles away from the capital. But that didn't make sense. The closest port city on the coast from the capital was Marhaven, but that place was 126 miles away if you drew a straight line between the two. Where on earth was she then? Shiloh found herself with more questions than answers as she delved deeper. She had no idea what this Vinsue person was talking about when she rambled about 'stats' and ignored the comment. Instead of blindly following, this time she stopped and crossed her arms. "And why should I follow you? You're one of those pirates aren't you?" It wasn't that odd of a guess since she clearly knew the factions of organized crime in this settlement.

Her God Powers are:
Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue stopped and turned at the statement of herself being a pirate. She almost laughed. "Me a pirate. not if my life depended on it. I can't stand those rats and the way they treat others." She shook the thought. "In a city ran by pirates and known to be a safe haven for anyone from assassins to thieves i can see why why question me." she looked back towards the street and then at the woman's face. "you have no reason to come with me but i can guarantee a young girl like you will not survive this city alone. so i'm leaving you can take my offer or get lost i could care less."  With that she turned and again started walking. 

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Reading Vinsue's facial expressions and body language, Shiloh determined that she was not lying…for now. She wasn't one to let personal pride get in the way when there was help available, and the source seemed reliable to a certain degree. Still, once she had a better grasp on her current situation she'd reevaluate the benefits and risks. "Very well then. I don't have a reason to stay in a place overpopulated with humans on the baser end of the moral spectrum." She followed a couple paces behind, always checking to see if they were being followed or if this was just another layer of a trap. The alleys were much kinder on her ears than the street had been. Less noise meant less things competing for her attention, allowing her to focus more accurately. Once she was out of pirate territory, she planned to gather information on the local government. She had to check how safe she was relative to her position and what were her options if she was pursued again.

Her God Powers are:
Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue thought it was funny how she used the mortal spectrum as a way to rate this town. To her it was lower than the "Mortal spectrum" could have it rated. "you never told me who was after you and by the way you look around i would say they had an army of spies or something. Anyways what do you plan on doing outside the city." She stopped just before a corner and crossed her arms. She had spotted someone hide and knew how to handle them. after a few seconds some men stepped out behind them and three men stepped out in front of them. "You two must have a death wish coming through here." The tallest man in the front said definitely the group's leader. "You're in my way which is not a good thing for you so i'll give you two choices step aside or find out why I do not carry a weapon." She said in a serious and stern voice. 

She smiled at his smile. He thought it was a joke. She unfolded her hands and formed an electric ball in it and shot ot at the leader. It hit his chest and he screamed like a little girl having a nightmare. She then took another ball and split it than shot it behind her. Two of the three fell to their knees with a scream. "Now I did warn you." She looked at the remaining two in front as she knew the only one in the back had decided to flea. "Tell Kadeum That Vin stepped by for a visit and left do to the company. Let him know that his guards needed a lesson for sleeping on the job" She said then started to walk past them. They had gone ghost white at her statement which made her happy. "Why you two still standing here i gave you an order." The men turned and walked off not wanting to see what she would do if they did not. she than continued walking.