Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Vilpamolan Coast > Nyella Ocean > Sickly Sailing Along[P,R]
Larka

Character Info
Name: Larka Nash
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Berserker
Silver: 0
Larka had heard rumours speaking of an elf woman that had been seen on another continent, so she had decided to go there and see what she could find. However, the biggest problem now for Larka was actually getting there. Oh she had the money, a job not too long ago had paid well and Larka was able to get a few items in her possession, finally feeling like she had most of everything that she would need to be on her own.

The Reaver hated ships, with a passion, she hated being on them, the look of everything about them she hated. So that left her with possibly booking passage on an airship, they were known to be safe and reliable and fairly comfortable. However, Larka hated them even more than she did ocean baring ships, so, she had gone to the docks to find a ship that was heading from Canelux to Parvpora and seeing if she could book a crossing with them.

She had found such a ship, apparently it was called the Jolly Roger and her captain was named Harrison. So Larka had been told anyway by the crew member who had been in charge of booking her on and taking her coin for the passage. That was almost a day ago now, and already the one armed woman was leaning against the railings feeling ill. “Fucking kill me.” She moaned, her stomach as rolling with the waves that she could see and while she would love a drink she knew she'd just puke when it hit her belly. Then again she felt like she was going to puke anyway, so it wouldn't change anything for her at the moment.

Larka was wearing everything that she owned, she had there wedding rings on her fight hand, one on the ring finger and two in her middle and the two together were a matching pair. She wore good quality leather armour, simple but practical, she had a bag on her right hip and a backpack on her back. On her left hip she wore two swords in sheaths that were attached to each other, one looked like a normal blade of three feet while the other was a rapier a little shorter in length.

Larka moaned in her illness and pushed her hair away from her face, damn the world for having so much water in it! Why couldn't there be a better way than sailing on a chunk of wood that floated by Gods knew what means, was powered by the wind or paddles, and was crewed by a bunch of men who she was just waiting for them to try and hit on her.

OOC: Shawn
Harrison

Character Info
Name: Harrison Jones
Class: Devilishly Handsome
Silver: 773
The crew of the Jolly Roger had been taking on some odd jobs as of late in order to maintain the ship and more importantly themselves.  There had been some issues with their acquisitions as of late and desperate times called for desperate measures.  It had been Wyatt who had overheard a woman who needed to book passage across the sea and immediately approached her.  Larka was her name, and the first mate was quick to get her booked and all set to sail across the ocean.  Fortunately they had been blessed with good weather and a strong breeze.  They were making fairly good time all things considered, but it would seem that the waves and the rocking of the ship didn't agree with their guest.  Brenhin and Wyatt went about their duties on the ship while Harrison was currently at the helm of the ship, he seemed fairly happy up there for the moment.  Brenhin had thrown a judgemental look at Larka for getting sea sick as she leaned against the rail.  Wyatt seemed to preoccupied with whatever it was he was doing before he climbed up the main mast to park himself in the crow's nest for the time being.

It was Avery who approached her, a sympathetic look on his face.  In his hand he was carrying a wooden mug in his hand containing a liquid, he felt bad for her.  "The sea can be rough to get used to.  Here, drink this it might help.  I have more of it below deck in a barrel, it's just some mint tea.  When I first joined the crew I used to get sea sick too, took a while before I was able to get used to the movement of the ship.  I'll be honest even after all the time I've spent on the ship I still get sick during storms."

"That's why no one respects you Avery!"
  Wyatt shouted down from the Crow's nest.

Avery shot him a look that only drew out some laughter from the first mate, his eyes glanced over at Captain Jones at the helm.  The man was focused entirely on the task at hand.  The navigator let out a sigh as he tried to think of something to say, he at least wanted to keep their guest comfortable and happy.  Though perhaps she wasn't the talking sort, she carried everything on her at all times and he wondered why she hadn't left her things where she was sleeping.  Avery was sure that Wyatt had conveniently left out the part of the nature of their work and how they acquired things.  Though with the route they were taking the navigator was sure that they weren't going to run into any problems.  The lighter haired man leaned against the rail, his eyes glancing over at the Captain once more before he looked fully at their sea sick guest.

"If this weather keeps up with the good breeze we have we should reach Parvpora within a few more days."
  He paused for a moment.  "I know the crew's not that big but they're good people.  Though as  a warning, you look like you can handle yourself pretty well in a  fight, Brenhin might try and spar with you at some point.  He's the guy who's been sulking about with the longer dark hair.  Captain Jones, the man at the helm, or Wyatt, the man in the crow's nest, may flirt with you.  They may be keeping their distance now because you're sick and at least decent enough to give you space.  I wouldn't take their advances too seriously, I think half of the time they flirt it's just a game to see how far they can get."

"A game, huh?"

Avery flinched a little in surprise as his eyes glanced over to the Captain who had approached the pair.  It would seem Brenhin had taken control of the helm for the moment so that Captain Jones could make his own rounds and probably get in some sleep.

"And how is our guest doing, Avery?"  Harrison asked with a charming smile on his face as his eyes locked with that of his navigator's.

[Made by Brittlez]

Larka

Character Info
Larka was holding herself pretty well considering how she felt at the moment. When man walked over to her, Larka thought she had heard him being called Avery, she eyed him as he held out the cup for her and spoke. Mint tea, tea wasn't her most favourite drink, but maybe it would help. She accepted the cup with a nod of thanks while he spoke of his own continued sickness in storms. When the man called up from above about the lack of respect for Avery, the guy yelling down was the one whom she had spoken to about booking passage on this ship in the first place.

Larka followed Avery's gaze to the man at the helm, the Captain Jones, she heard Avery sigh and glanced away before he could see her watching him. She sipped the tea, it tasted alright and she hoped that it helped while Avery started to talk again and she listened, the spar she was fine with, the flirting she had expected, but they'd find her unattainable. Though in the past that hadn't stopped some males from continuing to try, at least until Larka forcibly stopped them that was.

As Avery finished speaking Larka noticed the captain coming up behind him but before she could speak the captain cut in, calling out Avery for calling his flirting a game. He questioned Avery but the man seemed a little off from getting caught speaking as he had, so Larka cut in into the conversation finally. “She's remembering why she hates sailing, though, to be honest, I hate airships more.” She looked to Avery and put a small smile while her stomach did a roll. “Thank you, for the tea, hopefully it will help.” She looked back to Harrison. ”And thank you, captain, for…”

She irked turned and went pale and put head over the railing for a few moments as she became sick. After she was done she spat a few times before turning around and taking a larger gulp of the tea, despite herself, getting sick kinda help alleviate some of Larka's sea sickness. ”That, actually kinda helped.” She commented, mostly to herself before looking back to the captain, she didn't look embarrassed or anything for getting sick, it's just what happened to her. ”As I was saying, thank you for allowing me to take passage on your ship, captain, on such short notice.” Larka thanked, trying to civil, she was stuck on here with them until they reached shore, and they were all men and she couldn't swim that well, not that she could when she had two arms anyway. ”If there is something I can do to help, please don't hesitate to ask, I dislike being a burden on anyone.” It was a half loaded question, one, it may tell her what he thought of her 'disability', two, it may bring out any intent on flirting with her, and finally he may have nothing for her to due, she did pay to be here after all.

Harrison

Character Info
A smirk crossed the Captain's face as he watched the expression on Avery's when he fully noticed Harrison.  Harrison's blue eyes watched her as she spoke of hating to sail but hating airships more and a small chuckle came from him.  He patiently waited for her to finish retching over the side of the ship and she seemed to be doing better all things considered.  That charming smile crept across his face once more as he looked at the lovely woman before him.  "You are certainly most welcome, love, you're a breath of fresh air to have aboard the ship.  As things stand right now I have nothing that I need you to do, but I'm always appreciative of anyone who's willing to lend a hand."  When he mentioned a hand he held up his left arm and at the end was a silver hook with a sharp point on it.  He had seen she was without an arm entirely, at least he had really only lost his hand.

Avery didn't look to thrilled by the hand joke, he had rolled his eyes a little and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Don't mind Avery, he's sometimes a bit of a sourpuss and quite sick of my jokes."  Harrison rocked back on his feet a little as he looked her over, she certainly was attractive, that was something that he couldn't deny.

Avery's eyes fell upon his Captain's face for a brief moment before he looked to Larka, "I'm glad that the tea is at least helping a little, if you want more I can show you where to get it later.  Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go check the navigation charts."  With that he turned on heel and walked towards the room just under the helm, the door closed firmly behind him.

Harrison grinned a little more and his fingers traced over the curve of his hook.  "I think I've made it my goal that by the end of this trip you'll want to sail with us again.  Less so as a passenger and as a member of this very fine crew.  Avery's already taken a shine to you, as have I."  His eyes looked out and scanned the horizon, there was nothing but miles and miles of blue around them.  The sky was  a clear blue as well with only the scattered white fluffy clouds that lazily sailed through the sky along with them.

"Why don't you come with me, I'll give you a tour of the ship.  I'll show you where Avery keeps his teas but then I'll show you were we keep the better stuff."
  He grinned at her and waved her to follow with his hook.  They headed below deck, "Watch your head."  He warned as he ducked below a lower hanging beam and they  continued downward into the belly of the ship.

"This is where we keep the cargo, as you can see we're traveling pretty light for the time being, part of why we're moving so quickly."  There were crates that were sealed as well as barrels.  They moved towards where there was a desk with dried herbs hanging around it.  It smelled wonderful in this area.  Not to far from it was a cloth hammock hanging from the ceiling along with a few smaller barrels arranged on the wall with a label on each on.  "Here's where Avery keeps his teas, I personally don't touch the stuff."

They moved back upstairs and they headed towards the stern of the ship.  There was a room that had several hammocks hanging in it along with chests near them most likely filled with the crew's personal belongings.  Considering that there were only two more men on the ship it was likely just Brenhin and Wyatt shared this space but there was clearly room for more men.  "This is obviously where the crew sleeps.  And as we head back we'll be heading through the mess hall and the oh so exciting kitchen."

There were a few tables nailed to the floor and the kitchen.  In the kitchen were barrels of whiskey and other alcohols that Harrison was happy to point out.  "I have even some nice bottles of wine locked away if you're interested."  Towards the front was where Larka had been staying was a small room where she could get some privacy.  Then it was back to the main deck and towards the back of the ship where he opened the door to where Avery was pouring over a map.  He briefly glanced up before getting back to his work.  "And I've saved the best for last."  As the moved through that room towards  a door in the back that opened up into a full bedroom.

The entire back was a window that looked out over the ocean with a large comfortable bed that could comfortably fit three people.  The room was warmly decorated with nautical things and a various shades of red.  "This is my room.  If you ever change your mind you're welcome to join me in it."  He said with a wink and a grin.

Avery gave an audible groan when he heard that and Harrison only chuckled at him.  "You're the one who said I was going to flirt with her, I feel I've been issued a challenge now."

"It wasn't a challenge, Captain Jones."  Avery responded sounding a little more exasperated.

"No, it was, and I do fancy a challenge."  Which only drew a groan from Avery and a long laugh from Harrison.

"CAPTAIN!  You're needed in the crow's nest!"  Wyatt shouted down to them.

"It would seem I'm needed, I'm sure Avery wants to show you his 'maps' or something like that."  Harrison said with a grin before exiting the room and making his way up.

Avery watched Harrison leave before running a hand through his hair and looking back to his maps.  "Nothing really exciting in here unfortunately, sorry."

[Made by Brittlez]

Larka

Character Info
Harrison replied respectfully enough but when he raised his arm to show the hook on the end of it Larka raised a brow a little. ”Hm, I think I'd look a little weird with hook on the end of what's left. Still, I'm curious, you seem to manage well with it, yes?” Deep down Larka was just a little jealous, he had only lost the hand was able to get the hook attached. Larka had none of that and that nagged at her some days, but she always kept feelings like that hidden from everyone, usually making a joke or something about it instead.

Her attention went to Avery for a moment but he was looking at his captain's face, he liked to look at the man, he seemed to have great respect for Harrison. Avery spoke and took his leave and Larka nodded her thanks again before looking back to the captain as he spoke of his goal before the end of the trip. Larka grinned and laughed lightly. [B”If you can create a cure for sea sickness steady income isn't something I would turn down. That said, I wouldn't hold your breath, I don't like boats, whether I get sick or not, and I can't swim to literally save my. I tend to go in circles.” She chuckled, what she did was just flounder and then sink, even if she was in water that she could stand in she may not realize it as she panicked. ”A tour sounds good, may as well get to know my way around if I'll be on board for a few more days.” Larka replied to his offer and followed him below deck.

Larka ducked under the beam he warned her about, having been on a boat to get to these lands she was used to low hanging solid object at her forehead height when she was on a ship. Cargo area first and they were indeed travelling light, next was where Avery kept his teas and Larka grinned at Harrison's remark. ”Neither do I normally, but it helping at the moment. That said, I prefer rum.” She had a canteen of it in her backpack, if only her stomach would actually keep it down she'd have some.

more men. The place felt a little homey to her, back when she was younger at her parent's mercenary camp she sometimes stayed in set ups similar to this. The crew would take their tents and gear on longer trips with them into the field, so, despite its location on a ship, this room felt rather nice to Larka.

They moved through the kitchen next, Harrison showing off his barrels of booze, Larka making a mental note of where they were. While she prefered rum, anything that could her drunk worked just fine. ”Wine is good as well.” She commented as they continued, passing the room that they had given her to stay in for the trip to give her some privacy. Best for last? They passed Avery who was looking over some maps intently as they reached a room that was a full bedroom, ah, he saved his own room for last, Larka should have known.

The bed looked comfortable and the view of the waters outside was beautiful. And there it was, the easy offer of company should she like it, which got a groan from Avery as the two spoke now it seemed it was a challenge of the captain's to get her in bed. ~Just what I needed, though I did expect it.~ Larka thought to herself.

As Harrison finished speaking Larka was about to cut in and cut him off and explain that she liked vagina, not penis, when Wyatt called down to that he was needed in the crow's nest. Harrison took his leave and headed up leaving Larka and Avery alone, the man confessing that there wasn't much exciting in there. Larka studied him for a moment, she had a suspicion about him, she wasn't sure she had enough evidence yet so for now didn't say anything about it. ”Your captain seems intent on, uh, wooing me, it seems.” Larka chuckled and stepped a little closer. ”Here's a plan, make a bet with him, tell him that he won't be able to have me in his bed, make it whatever you like. Trust me, it's a guaranteed win on your part.” She held up her hand and wiggled her ring finger with the single ring on it. ”I'd bet my wife's wedding ring on it.” She grinned and stepped back, going to head back up to the main deck to see what was going on. ”Thanks again for the tea, Avery.”

Harrison

Character Info
Avery was about to respond to her encouragement to make a bet when she dashed outside to see what was going on.  He held on to his thought for the moment  as he then sauntered outside to see also what was going.  He glanced up at the crow's nest to try and catch what Harrison and Wyatt were talking about.  The pair were whispering to each other while Harrison gestured with the spyglass in his hand.  There was something wrong, either it was a storm approaching or there was a vessel that was gaining on them.  It was then he took the spy glass out of his own pocket and extended it out to get a better look in the direction they were pointing.  It was hard to see even with the spyglass but there was definitely a ship approaching, he knew the colors of that flag without even having to see the rest of it.  He let out a sigh and then set about the deck preparing the canons without saying anything for the moment.

Harrison made his way down and started to prepare the ship as well.  Harrison then looked and realized that Larka was left without a task and no idea what was about to happen.  He paused for a moment trying to consider how he would tell her what was happening.  It was then it seemed the normally talkative man finally found his words.  "It would seem we have another vessel that is in pursuit of us.  It is the ship The Revenge captained by a fierce unforgiving woman named Sybil Knight.  I've crossed paths with her before, we should be fine, just need to take some precautions."

"We can try and outrun her.  We've got the wind to pull it off this time."  Wyatt said as he climbed down from his perch.

"No, I can tell they're gaining on us fairly quickly.  They'll be upon us before the sun sets."  Avery responded watching the speck of a ship on the horizon.

Harrison shifted uncomfortably, it was then his eyes glanced towards their destination and extended his spyglass once more.  Off course there was a storm brewing, "We could take shelter in the storm."

"We wouldn't make it in time."  Avery said flatly.  "I'm not just saying that for the sake of avoiding it altogether."

The Captain gave a sigh before he pulled out his flask filled with rum and took a long drink of it.  "Well then, I suppose it's time to wait then."

"Since we're waiting we have time to talk, what have you done this time Harrison?"  Wyatt asked.

"This time?"  He asked, his hand went to his chin as he scratched the scruff of a beard on his face.

"We should be honest with our guest."  Brenhin said firmly as he came in closer.  "The truth will be revealed shortly, might as well get it over with."

"Fine."  Harrison said before he turned to Larka, "We're pirates, the ship that is coming after us is also a crew of pirates.  Their Captain and I had… Come to an agreement at some point that I wouldn't steal from her and she in turn wouldn't kill me or blow my vessel to smithereens.  All was good until I had heard a rumor that she had obtained some magical artifact that a wizard in Parvpora was willing to pay a high price to get back.  I managed to get one of her crew mates to use it as a bet in a card game and won it.  She didn't take too kindly to it.  That's why we're traveling light, that's our only cargo but it would be enough the maintain this vessel for quite sometime."

"What kind of artifact?  What does it do?"  Avery asked, his eyes narrowing a little.

"Bloody hell if I know, I didn't ask what it did!"  Harrison exclaimed.

There was a moment of silence as the crew mulled over things for a moment.  "How drunk were you?"  Avery asked.

"Doesn't matter, we'll deal with her and then we'll be on our way hopefully."  Harrison said as he went about checking things on the ship.

It wasn't long before the other vessel had pulled up beside the Jolly Roger, the crew of the other vessel was starring menacingly at the small crew of the Jolly Roger.  A plank was place to connect the two ships and a woman walked across and Harrison made sure he was he one up front to great her.

"Captain Knight, a pleasure to catch you on this fine day.  To what do I owe the pleasure of basking in your radiant glow this day?"  He asked with that charming smile on his face.

Sybil was a fierce looking woman, standing nearly as tall as Harrison with dark hair and piercing blue eyes.  Her long locks were pulled back with a long ribbon and her clothing was clean though she definitely looked like she could hold her own in a fight.  Her orbs narrowed dangerously at the Captain, "Skip the flattery Harrison, it will do you no good."

"I am painfully forced to speak the truth, lovely.  I have no idea what brings you to my ship today."

"Hand over the artifact or I take your other hand Harrison."  Sybil said bluntly, clearly in no mood for his games.  "I was merciful the first time, I won't be this time.  Hand it over or I may decide to take more than your hand.  Whatever would you do should you not be able to be with a woman anymore?  I'm sure that's the only thing you're half-decent at."

Harrison narrowed his eyes at her.  "I don't know what you're talking about."

"The crewman you had won it off of told me everything and then I executed him for presuming to bet with something that wasn't his against a cheat.  This is your last warning Harrison Jones, be a good boy and bring me up the item or I kill everyone on board and sink your shitty ship to the bottom of the ocean with you tied to the mast with the entrails of your pathetic crew."  Sybil watched him, her hand on her sword, waiting for his response.

"Avery, it's the crate closest to the stairs.  Please retrieve it for me."

"You know what give me half of what you have in your cargo as well.  I've been through quite a bit of trouble to chase you down."  Sybil said with a wide grin on her face.

With that Brenhin, Wyatt, and Avery went to work bringing up the requested Cargo and loaded it onto The Revenge.  All that while Sybil watched Harrison closely, a smug smile on her face knowing she had bested him once again.  Once the cargo had been loaded Sybil was handed a smaller wooden back which she cracked open.  There was a yellow glow that came from it and it light up her face.  She seemed pleased with it, closed the box and looked once more at the crew.

"Thank you so much for your cooperation, I look forward to doing business with you again Harrison."  With that she left he vessel and  it wasn't long before they were sailing away.  Harrison's fist was balled up at his side as he watched her sail away, his body trembled with a burning rage of having lost to Sybil once more. 

"Harrison, I-"  Avery began, reaching out to his Captain, but then Jones turned on heel and went to his cabin for the moment, the door slamming firmly behind him.

"Well that could have gone worse."  Wyatt said before him and Brenhin split off leaving Avery on the deck looking at the closed door his Captain had locked himself behind.

[Made by Brittlez]

Larka

Character Info
Larka came to the main deck and looked up to see the captain in the crow's nest, he and Wyatt were talking but Larka couldn't hear them. She turned to see that Avery had followed her up top and was now looking through his own spy glass in the direction the captain was looking. She watched Harrison come down and get things going, but finally spoke to fill her in on what was going on. Another ship was in pursuit of them. Oh great, just what Larka was hoping not to deal with, pirates. She had hoped they could outrun them but Harrison soon squished that idea and the idea of hiding in the storm was stopped by Avery. Larka didn't like that idea, not one bit, so she was happy that the navigator spoke up about it.

So they would wait and see what would happen it seemed, there was no other choice. However, when Wyatt asked what Harrison had done 'this time', the Reaver's eyes widened a little before they narrowed, what was meant by that? Honest with their guest, Larka sighed, what had she gotten herself into now? When Harrison looked to her and spoke Larka placed her face in her hand, pirates! ”Fucking pirates, every fucking time. I have such shit luck with boats, I swear.” She muttered out loud but mostly to herself. She continued to listen to Harrison and Wyatt exchange words to each other about what happened.

She had to wait with them, so she found a place to sit and removed the canteen from her backpack and drank some of the rum within. She watched the other boat sail into view and she was back out of the way from anything should a fight start but close enough to hear and see what was going on. The woman who came on board, this Captain Knight, Larka eyed, wow, now there was a powerful woman who knew how to handle herself. She listened to Harrison's words and rolled her eyes as he spoke, who was he trying to fool? The jig was up, that was much was clear, why try and lie still?

Larka watched the whole drama without saying a word, not wanting to add the spark to this potential fire, there was enough tension in the air already they didn't her commentary to add to it. Larka wondered at her chances though if things went south, would they believe that was not really crew and just a passenger? A stupid one, yes, but still, otherwise not involved in this whole thing? Would they even care? It's not like they owed her anything, but maybe Larka could charm her way into Knight's good graces? A woman like that, captain of a pirate ship, Larka had to guess at the very least the woman may swing both ways.

The Reaver was happy that she had kept everything with her and not in cargo as they loaded it and gave Knight the smaller box that glowed from within. What was in there anyway? Larka drank a little more as she watched the other crew get back on their own ship and start to sail away, while Harrison stood there shaking with rage, she could see that even from where she was sitting. She watched Avery closely as he tried to speak with and reach out to Harrison but the captain went and locked himself into his cabin.

Wyatt made a comment and both he and Brenhin went their own ways and Larka sighed over her canteen watching Avery looking at the locked door to the captain's cabin. Interesting. She stood and walked over to the navigator and offered him her canteen of rum. ”It's good shit.” She grinned, if he took it great, of not fine, either way, once done Larka took her own drink. ”I think it's best I stay out of the way for a bit, I'll be in my quarters if anyone needs me. I'll be around for dinner at least.” She commented and headed below again to the room they had provided her. Larka sighed as she dropped onto the bed and laid back, what a day and there were still a few days yet.  ~I should have tried my luck and saw if I could have gone with Knight instead, at least I'd have something to look at then.~  She thought to herself.

Harrison

Character Info
When Avery was offered the canteen he held up his hand a shook his head, "I don't touch the stuff, thank you for the offer though."  He said, his eyes watched her as she went below deck.

The navigator let a long sigh as he looked at the shrinking ship.  This wasn't the first time that they tangled with Captain Knight and it certainly wouldn't be the last encounter.  Harrison would just need some time to cool off and lick his wounds, as it always was, it wouldn't be long before he was back to being himself.

In the meantime Harrison had taken his jacket off and pulled back the sleeve on his left arm and removed the hook from his arm.  His arm had been feeling sore and it felt nice to relieve the pressure from his stump.  There were still times he could feel it burning like it had been cut off once more, it usually got worse when he came across the very woman who had liberated his hand from him.  He was sure there were some who would agree with her reasoning but he still didn't agree with it considering that the circumstances were beyond all their control.  Harrison's right hand gently massaged his stump before he then put the hook back on, strapping it firmly in place and put his long jacket back on.  He then found his favorite bottle of rum and took a long swig of.

The captain gave a sigh, feeling the tension and anger release from his shoulders and mind.  There was a conversation he needed to have with a certain navigator.  He exited the room and saw that Avery was pouring over a map, instruments in his hand as he charted courses for them to sail.

"We need to talk mate."

Avery perked up, he bit his lip a little, he knew what this was going to be about.

"I know it was you who had taken that artifact after I had talked about it.  You've always been good at cards, even better at cheating at them.  I'll keep this secret between us.  Do not mistake this for weakness, the next time you do it you'll be thrown to Davy Jone's locker and no one will be the wiser."  Harrison said in a low tone, he didn't need anyone else to overhear them.  "Do I make myself clear?"

"Crystal."

Harrison patted Avery on the back and that signature smile crossed his face, "Good."

Dinner was fast approaching and all the men had gathered in or around the mess hall.  Avery and Brenhin worked in the kitchen getting the meal together.  It was a simple meal of dried meats, cheeses, as well as some salted halibut.  Harrison and Wyatt were sitting at the table drinking their rum from wooden mugs.

"So Captain, how close are you to getting Larka into your bed?"  Wyatt asked with a wide grin on his face.

Harrison laughed, "You know she'll be waiting in there tonight after dinner for a little dessert."  He laughed, him and Wyatt clapped their mugs together.

Avery peered up from the kitchen, his blue eyes fixated on Harrison, "I bet you can't."

That was when the laughing ceased for  a moment.  "Is that so?"

"Yeah."
  The blond man said as he finished his work.

"I bet my month's wages that you can't bed her.  If I win double it."  Avery said with a flat face.

Harrison let out a chuckle before he finished off his mug.  "I would like to make a small change to your little wager.  If I bed her I keep your wages, but if you fail to bed her yourself then I'll keep your wages, make things interesting.  If you manage to get your pole into her I'll double your wages for the month."  Harrison extended his hand out to shake on the wager.

Avery fell silent, Brenhin and Wyatt had smiles on their faces in silent laughter.  Avery knew that even if she was willing he wouldn't do it.  In the time he had been on the crew he had never taken a woman back to his room.  He knew it was something they were painfully aware of much to his dismay.  However backing down from the bet would only earn him more disrespect from the crew, but if he accepted he would likely face some wrath from Larka for taking such a bet.

"No thanks, I'll pass."  Avery said before returning to making some final preparations.

"That's what I thought, you should stick to playing cards, it's the only type of betting you're good at."  Harrison said before grabbing some food for himself and taking a seat at the table.  The rest of the crew followed suit and started to eat, laughing and making jokes mostly at Avery's expense.  He knew that he would have to deal with this for a little while but it was the better route.

[Made by Brittlez]

Larka

Character Info
At some point Larka had fallen asleep in the bed and settled in for a nap. However, even her slightly rum addled mind didn't prevent the dreams from getting to her. In her dreamland Celeste came to her, wondering why Larka hadn't found her yet, accusing Larka of abandoning her. Larka moaned and spoke in her sleep but it was unintelligible at best, as she tossed a little on the bed. Lilith came to her as well, Larka's first wife, more false accusations, about not protecting their children, or Lilith herself, about living when the three of had been murdered. All of these things at some time Larka had thought herself, and sometimes still did, though her wounds from losing Lilith and their children were healed, deeply scared but with Celeste's help Larka had managed to move on. But now Celeste was missing as well, Larka was only the similarity between the two events.

Larka woke with a start a little over three hours later and groaned as she laid there. She didn't get up right away just waited until some of the fog cleared from her mind, and her eyes dried up a little, seemed she had been crying in her sleep. After about fifteen minutes or so Larka's stomach decide to wake up and tell her it was time to eat. With a sigh she got to her feet, finding that she was feeling a lot better now that she had rested and wasn't on the main deck.

She made her way to the kitchen to find that the rest of the crew was already there eating and drinking, and making fun of Avery again. Larka felt somewhat bad for the poor guy, he seemed nice enough, then again, he was crew on a pirate ship so how nice could he actually be? ”Evening.” Larka greeted as she found a place to sit herself down and started to help herself to the food and got a mug of rum poured as well. The food was simple but good, at least they didn't skimp on that part. ”My compliments, as far as food on a ship goes, this is the best I have had.” Larka commented, meaning it as an actual compliment, even if she may have botched how it sounded.

After a moment she looked around with a grin as she leaned back with her mug. ”So, do we plan on any more exciting… interruptions like we had already for the rest of the trip? Should I expect to fight some authority types at some point or is it smoothing sailing from here on?” She asked with a grin as she took a drink and eyed each of them. Now, had Avery done what he should have taken the bet like she told him? She waited to see what they would do or say next, Larka still had her blades with her of course, just in case their moods had changed suddenly.

”So, let's get this over with, shall we?” She cut in at one point with a slight laugh. ”I know you lot will try and bed me on this trip, fair enough, I expect that from a bunch of males stuck on a boat together.” She glanced to Brenhin. ”Though, you look like more of a fighting type to me, would I be right? I'd be happy to at least spar with you at some point if you like, though that's as far as I'll go.” She had an feeling that Avery trying to bed her wouldn't be a problem, so that left Harrison and Wyatt. ”So, what'll it be? Try and woo me with stories of your past? Flatter me and call me beautiful? Hey, maybe if one of you does a good enough job, I'll let you in on a little secrete of mine.” She grinned, that secrete being her own sexual orientation, she figured she could at least have fun with their minds while on the trip.

And then never set foot on this boat again once she was off of it!

Harrison

Character Info
The crew didn't seem to take too much note of Larka as she walked over.  Harrison didn't even look ashamed to have been talking about her in such a manner, neither did Wyatt.  Avery on the other hand looked a little downtrodden but accepting of his face.  She then decided that she was going to pay compliment to the food.  That was when Wyatt got a cheeky grin on his face.

"Thanks, I hunted down the meats myself and dried them out.  The cheese I may have borrowed from some merchants at the port." He said as he ate some of his dinner.

"No we shouldn't run into any other problems.  Contrary to popular belief we're not constantly hounded by the law.  Unless we encounter bad weather we should be alright from here on out."  Harrison said as he at his meal.

Things seemed to be going fairly well for the moment.  Harrison then looked up suddenly when Larka started to make a few bold statements of her own.  When she looked at Brenhin and said what she said.  Harrison looked at her like clearly she had made a mistake in saying what she did.  Brenhin on the other hand looked fairly upset, the rage that crossed his face was something that the crew was familiar with.

"You should have just left it at sparring with me!  I have no interesting in sleeping with you and for you to assume that simply because I'm male is downright insulting.  I haven't done a damn thing to you the entire time you've been on this ship to warrant such an accusation.  You have just as much of an ego has Harrison and Wyatt if you think that every man wants you."  Brenhin stood up, his shoulders were incredibly tense, his hands curled tightly into fists.  His brown eyes narrowed and he let a small growl before he left the table.  Perhaps he would fight her later after all, he went back up to the deck where he had his small training area set up.

Wyatt laughed a little  as the sounds of Brenhin punching the dummy he had up there.  "Oh, you really pissed him off!"

Avery rolled his eyes a little, "Brenhin hasn't bedded any woman since he's been a member of the crew, and even before that.  His wife and child were killed by who he hasn't said.  That's about all we know, he doesn't talk about it that often. The only reason  we got that much out of him was that he was the drunkest he had ever been."

"You on the other hand are just pathetic when it comes to the ladies Avery!  Brenhin gets a pass but you don't."
  Wyatt said with a laugh and Harrison gave a small chuckle.

"Call me what you want but don't call me late for dinner."  Avery sassed right back at them.

"I already knew some of the simpler tactics might not work on you though, love.  Men who use those tactics are nothing but amateurs.  Wooing is an art form, while some may dabble in it and might have some success, a master knows how to work with the material he's given.  If I am not successful, I suspect that even despite my efforts I won't succeed, half the fun is the attempts at wooing.  If I'm unsuccessful there are plenty of young maidens who would come with me back to my ship.  Thought it'll be interesting to see if I can unlock this secret of yours."  Harrison sat back in his chair, his blue eyes watching her.

The conversation stopped for a moment, the only sounds that could be heard was the rhythmic pounding of Brenhin upstairs and the lapping of waves against the side of the ship.

"Let me ask this of you, you said earlier you hated traveling on ships.  What is lying at the end of this voyage you're enduring?  It must be well worth it all things considered."  Harrison idly ran his hand over his hook.

Avery and Wyatt went to work cleaning up after dinner while the pair of them continued to sit at the table.  "I have an idea.  We're stuck together a few days, might as well get to know one another.  Let's trade questions, I'll answer your questions honestly and in trade you do the same.  Nothing leaves this ship, deal?"

[Made by Brittlez]