Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Highlands > Just a Girl (P:R)
Daciana

Character Info
Name: Daciana
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Novice
Silver: 221
She felt her eyes go wide when Sirona made her wings invisible and started to simple walk down to the cave.  Now she was finding herself curious.  Daciana did as asked, placing the axe back in the belt loop, and followed quietly.  She stayed quiet as the woman made her demands, and raised an eyebrow.  The men didn't seem very impressed.  The man with the crossbow was staring at her while the other went to get their leader.  Then a slow grin seemed to slither across his face.  Daciana found herself cringing before he even started speaking.  "I know ya… was in that farmhouse.  Heh.  So ya didn't just crawl off an' die," he said.  She managed to hold her tongue and only glared at the man. 

The other man returned soon with the leader, and 3 others.  So there were five now, against Sirona and Daciana.  And they all had weapons.  She knew what was coming.  But Daciana held her mouth and her motions, knowing she wouldn't be able to make too much of a difference.  "So, you're here to make us…  what was it, repent?  That's a laugh.  Ain't worth the effort.  Try and do the right thing, and ya stay in the dirt.  Just like that gal behind ya.  Out here?  We live by our own rules.  Sure, some people get hurt along the way, but that happens all over," he said with a shrug.  Daciana shuddered, realizing that this was what happened when people stopped caring about others, and about doing what was right.  Or at least not taking advantage of others.

"And I'm thinking we ain't about to start groveling.  So just what were you thinkin' coming here and telling us ta repent?" he said, hand dropping to the sword at his belt.  It was a queue as the others drew weapons as well.  The man with the crossbow took a step back, and shifted the bolt to Daciana. 
Sirona

Character Info
Name: Sirona
Alignment: LG
Race: Angel
Class: Holy Knight
Silver: 0
Sirona only stood and waited in silence until the leader showed up, ignoring what the one guard said towards Daciana. When the leader came out that made it five against two, but that didn’t make it an uneven, or even, fight, not that the bandits knew that. As the man spoke Sirona sighed, she figured that would be his answer. ”Two right don’t make a wrong. You have enough man power and land here you could have started a farm and raised cattle and grew crops and make a living that way. Instead, you go about stealing from other peoples’ hard work and kill those who get in your way, you have devalued life in your minds and hearts, I don’t believe Angela would be happy about that.” Sirona stated.

The leader laughed. ”An’ who are you? Her lap dog?”

Sirona gave a small smile, taking note that the crossbow was now trained on Daciana. ”No, no, hardly, I was simply making a point. I am here to offer you repentance in the Light, to come out of the Darkness you hide in and take Strength in your mind and body…”

”Oh shut the fuck up. Boys!”

The crossbow fired at Daciana but the bolt was stopped in the air about a foot from her chest, like it was stuck in something. Something like an invisible wing that Sirona had moved into place to block the bolt from hitting the human. ”So be it.” Sirona said, her voice harsh but holding some sadness. The one holding the crossbow started to reload while the other four men, leader included, started to charge the distance between them with weapons drawn. They skidding to a halt when a flash from Sirona signaled that her wings had reappeared, and she drew her weapons as the bolt from before clinked to the ground. ”May your sins be cleansed in the Light.”

Sirona was off like a streak towards them, wings out wide as they now realized that they were up against something more than two simple women. Sirona threw her Faith shield and it struck one of the bandits before ricocheting off of him and into another before it had cracked all but the leader in the leg before it returned to Sirona hand. That gave her the openings she wanted to get up to them and drop them quickly. She didn’t make them suffer, a quick swing of her sword and they were dead. The crossbowman did manage to get one more shot off but it careened off of Sirona’s armour as she downed him to.

The Goddess was back in front of the leader in a heartbeat and he could only stare dumbfounded at her. ”I…”

”You had your chance, your hubris also costed your men their lives. The Goddesses of Life and Death will take them now, and you. I gave you the chance to step into the Light, and you refused.” She walked over to him sheathing her weapons and when he brought up his sword Sirona just grabbed it. But instead of ripping it from his grip she squeezed until the blade shattered in her hand and his eyes went wide again.

”P, please have mercy!” He pleaded dropping to his knees.

”Mercy? We are past that. There is no mercy for the wicked and sinful.” Sirona replied and held her hand out. From the sky came a beam of pure sunlight from the sun itself. It only last for about two seconds but when it was gone so was the man. All that was left were some ashes upon the ground where he had been kneeling.

Silent for a few moments Sirona turned back to Daciana. ”It is finished.”

Sirona, Goddess of Light and Strength, Lady Glory and the Stronghold of Peace

Sirona's Divine Powers;
1. Light From - Sirona can take on a form that is made of pure Light, she has no physical form while like this and can move at light speed.

2. Grant Strength - Sirona can pass some extra Strength onto those around her if they need it. The kind of strength they get is up to them, be it magical, physical or spiritual, it is a small lone of her Strength for a short time.

3. Solar Flare - Sirona can call down a beam of pure sunlight from the sun itself! She can focus this beam to a surprising degree, from the ability to target one being in a crowd to wiping out said crowd in a luminous cleansing of Light!

OOC: Shawn

Warehouse – If you need synth and stuff check here, if you want to buy anything please PM me on Sirona or find me is Discord :)
Daciana

Character Info
She listened, taking in the woman's words.  There were so many who did just what Sirona suggested, living a peaceful life.  But there were others who didn't see it that way.  And thinking on it, Daciana realized that she didn't want to be one who took from the people trying to make an honest life for themselves.  So lost in thought she was that she didn't quite realize what was happening until she heard the thuck of a crossbow firing.  She froze, knowing there was no way to outrun the bolt.  But it stopped before she had to make that decision, and the young woman took an involuntary step back.

But there was nothing for her to be afraid of.  The men had been given a chance, but they seemed to be unrepentant.  At least until death was staring them in the face.  She threw an arm across her eyes when the light dropped from the sky, and it still burned a little.  She found herself staring, then swallowed hard at the statement.  It took her a few long moments to find words to break the quiet.  "Thank ya.  Hopefully my family, an' everyone they've hurt, can rest now.  Hang on, I want to look in the cave for somethin'," Daciana said.  Without waiting for an answer, she headed into the cave, hoping the angel would respect her want for a few minutes of privacy.

It was pretty much what she expected to find, piles of coin and supplies everywhere.  She would have to tell the village elders about it, they would find a use for everything.  Then she spotted the familiar things she sought, carefully taking her family's treasures back.  Her mum's necklace, her dad's ring.  The weddings rings of her brother and his wife.  She slipped the rings onto the heavy silver chain, then around her neck.  Then she found Finn's pendant, a carved bone falcon.  He'd wanted to train them someday, but now that would never come.  She slipped it on too, and let her tears fall.

Then she heard a noise, and she jumped back to her feet.  But what she saw wasn't what she expected.  A wolfhound pup whimpered, then crawled towards hers.  Despite what had happened, Daciana couldn't help but smile.  She stayed still, putting a hand out.  It came to her, and the pup leaned into her leg, almost knocking her off her feet.  Daciana had a feeling it had come from one of the farms, some of the neighbors bred hunting hounds.  She found a chunk of dried meat and started feeding the hound as they headed out of the cave.  "Found what I was lookin' for, and someone I wasn't.  Guess I got a friend now," Daciana said, finally looking a bit more cheerful.
Sirona

Character Info
Name: Sirona
Alignment: LG
Race: Angel
Class: Holy Knight
Silver: 0
Sirona nodded at Daciana’s words before the young woman headed into the cave to look for something. Sirona waited patiently as she surveyed the area a little more but found nothing of interest beyond the cave itself. It wasn’t too long before Daciana came back out of the cave, now being followed by a cute little wolfhound puppy. Sirona smiled when she saw it and heard what Daciana said. ”Good, and he’s just adorable.” The Goddess reached down to see if the puppy would let her scratch him behind the ears for a moment.

Standing upright again Sirona eyed Daciana for a moment. ”With that finished, I can offer to teleport you to my Cathedral now. Or, you can travel there on your own when you’re ready. To find the Cathedral you’ll first have to travel to Onnen. Once there find passage to the Efe mountains, most specifically the eastern most river that flows through them. Day or night you’ll see a glow in the distance and pathways lined with lights along it, I have left no test of will or Strength, just a pleasant walk. Once you see the giant statue of an angel you’re close, just keep going. When you’re inside, give whoever greets you your name, if I’m not there already, I’ll let them to expect you at some point.” Sirona explained and waited to see what Daciana wanted to do from here on.

Sirona, Goddess of Light and Strength, Lady Glory and the Stronghold of Peace

Sirona's Divine Powers;
1. Light From - Sirona can take on a form that is made of pure Light, she has no physical form while like this and can move at light speed.

2. Grant Strength - Sirona can pass some extra Strength onto those around her if they need it. The kind of strength they get is up to them, be it magical, physical or spiritual, it is a small lone of her Strength for a short time.

3. Solar Flare - Sirona can call down a beam of pure sunlight from the sun itself! She can focus this beam to a surprising degree, from the ability to target one being in a crowd to wiping out said crowd in a luminous cleansing of Light!

OOC: Shawn

Warehouse – If you need synth and stuff check here, if you want to buy anything please PM me on Sirona or find me is Discord :)
Daciana

Character Info
She shook her head at the offer.  it was kind, but not what she needed right now.  There were rites to perform for her family, and Daciana needed time to think.  She wanted to sit on the bluff overlooking the place that had been her home, and to speak to the dead.  She had a feeling that they wouldn't answer, but she knew that she would feel better if she did what was on her mind.  "No.  Not yet, anyways.  I got some things that need doin' here.  But thank you.  I get the feeling I'll be seein' ya soon," she said with a slight smile.  Daciana waited for whatever advice would be offered, then bowed and left.  

She knew what she had to do before she could leave her home behind for now, but Daciana knew that she would be able to come home at some point.  She wanted to be better, and to not be helpless.  But that would take time, and patience and experience.  Every thing had been taken from her in a few brief moments of cruelty, and a part of her heart knew that she wanted to keep that from happening to anyone else.  But there was also the part of her heart that wanted merciless vengeance on anyone who preyed on the week, no matter why they did it.  And that was something that she knew she had to come to terms with before she could choose the right path.