Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > Open for Business
Kinnara

Character Info
Name: Lan Ying
Alignment: CG
Race: Possessed Human
Class: Wandering Minstrel/Exorcist
Silver: 0
"Coriander seed, yes. I am more than happy to have helped, and all went along smoothly!" Naija responded, placing the palms of her hands together. Miss Teu then asked how much coriander she would like, and she ran a quick count on her fingers. "I will take a few grams. With how we use spices, I feel you will be seeing me again very soon." She laughed as she ran a hand through her hair. "Would you like to have a taste of Abedi-style cooking when you are not busy? I live a few houses down the market, on the second floor of a building with three great palm trees. I should pick up a few fresh coconuts as well. Coconut milk gives the curry such a fragrance compared to the tartness of yogurt. I hope you won't mind a bit of heat in the curry."

Trying out new flavors in her dishes was something that spurred her creativity. With such an abundance of tropical fruit here, there was no harm in moving away from the traditional ingredients. Fresh hot peppers were plentiful, mangoes were sold all year round, and she could make sangria every day. Mamlak was like a second Abed to the minstrel in atmosphere and food alone. Paying for her purchases, she took the spices and tucked them safely so they wouldn't accidentally spill or come in contact with moisture. Waving to the shopkeeper and resting patient, she set off to start washing the rice for her midday meal.

Walking down the market streets, she stopped after a large cream-white building with fan-palm trees by the door. Clusters of moss and birds of paradise added splashes of orange and green to the beds, and she ducked below some branches to ascend the steps leading up the building's side. Her room was on the second floor, and had been a sun room or storage of sorts before the landlady rented it out. Inside she had some rugs and floor cushions to make it feel as much like home as possible. With the rice simmering away, she leaned out onto the veranda where she watched the locals pass by. Her mind drifted to the injured man she had helped treat earlier today. He must be a musician of some sort, but where was he from? She had missed the chance to ask, but thought she could simply do so come tomorrow morning.

Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars–let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars…
Grey

Character Info
Name: Grey
Race: Appears Elvish
Class: Spell Singer
Silver: 905
Grey winced before smiling softly at his saviour. *softly As he looked up at her* I… I am so very sorry m'lady. My death is the goal of someone from my village. He is… is strong and he knows me. Can see through my eyes. By coming here, by asking for your help I have involved you in our struggle. He knew and he hated my parents. But with their deaths he was not content. It is his wont that all I know, all I care for be laid waste as well. I must leave now lest he believe that you mean anything to me. *he forced himself to laugh* Of course you don't. *softly* Of course… you don't.

Grey

Character Info
Name: Grey
Race: Appears Elvish
Class: Spell Singer
Silver: 905