Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Throat of the Moon > Great City of Mamlak > Open for Business
Teu

Character Info
Name: Teu Balatro
Alignment: CG
Race: Diowolf/Elf
Class: Healer
Silver: 2479
“Dae, please do not pull on that. I need everything where I have already placed it. No. Please, really put that back.” The mother’s tone went from stern to the depths of begging in a quick turn. Teu pressed her lips tightly together as she contained her anger at having to once again lecture her son not to misbehave. She had finally set up her home slash herbal shop. Long deep black hair was braided in one single braid to drape over her shoulder. Relaxed white robes wrapped about her slender frame as she was able to confiscate the flask from Dae in order to place it back on the table. “Those are not for you, young sir. Please, return to the den with your sister.” Large gray eyes stared up at the mother with a small pout, but he did not need additional encouragement. Dae understood all too well that his mother was doing all she could to get their life in order in the new land they had come to.  

“Sorry, Mother,” he responded in the most mature tone he could muster. Teu’s expression softened as she leaned down to place a kiss on the top of his black haired head. “Get back to studying. Let Alairia know that I will be opening soon and she will need to make sure that the house is tended to. You will help her like the good brother you are.” She gave his backside a small pat as he trotted off towards the back room

Teu let out a heavy sigh before turning around to look at the small shop that was around her. It had taken time for her to scrape together money in order to move forward with her next planned step. Everything had happened quickly for the small family, and Teu had to keep her focus in order to make it through each day. She had to keep that focus for her daughter and son. They needed her more than anything; she would do anything for them. Without looking down her right hand reached over to gently trace the simple band around her ring finger. Strength and hope filled her again and the tears were fought back. She would do what was necessary.  

“Syn, can you please stay with the children while I open shop? I am a little more concerned with Dae not getting his chores done and trying to leave it to Alairia. She will do more than her fair share. I also don’t want Dae to experiment with his powers while I am not there.” The sphinx that had been sitting near some of the live herbs stood up and bowed her dark skinned head with a gentle smile. Her falcon colored wings were tightly pinned to her back. “Understandably you are concerned, mistress. I will tend to the children. If you need any assistance with the shop, let me know.” Syn walked past Teu and gently pat her friend with a light paw before moving to the back.

Teu was ever grateful for the sphinx deciding to come along with the vagabond family upon their first arrival to Revaliir. The transfer had been unexpected, but the three had made it from DaeLuin to the new land with everything intact. Teu had the children retained their memories and even a few of their possessions. Their world had fallen apart in a swirl. Teu wondered from time to time if it had been her old patron lord that had hurled her and the children to Revaliir to save them before the end. A gentle smile touched her lips as she thought about the selfish deity that had given her more than he could have ever known.

With a quick and steadying inhale, the healer walked over to the front door of her shop and flipped the sign to indicate that she was now open for business. Cases were lined in a U shape only a few feet from the walls to display the herbs and healing tomes that were for purchase. Shelves were full of new plants and crystals that had come into stock. Much were from Teu’s own garden kept in her home. There also was a section in the back that was available for healing of injured patrons. “Please let today be a good day, huh? What do you think my dear?” she questioned while touching the ring one more time. “A good day.”

Kinnara

Character Info
Name: Lan Ying
Race: Possessed Human
Class: Wandering Minstrel/Exorcist
Silver: 0
Mamlak was wonderful in the mornings. The fresh scent of fragrant flowers and exotic spice came in earthier tones than her home in Abed, and it was a new experience. After the incident that took place in the Blessed Isle, she wouldn't be able to go back for a while and spent time traveling. Naija missed her sisters and parents, but there was no reason to be sour. The singer chose to make the best out of her current situation. Poking her head into the windows and doors of the shops, the Abedi woman was taking in all the sights with eagerness. Her eyes were bright, a celestine blue taking after her mother. They made a sharp contrast against the rich, warm color of her complexion and dark hair. With a colorful patterned wide sash acting as a shawl, she entered a shop which had opened fairly recently.

"Hello, good morning!" She called out, her voice retaining a bit of the melodious notes the bard was so accustomed to. Song and dance were as much as a part of her like the air she breathed. Her bangles chimed as they shook on her arms, and she stepped in to survey the stock. She was looking to see if this place had any cumin or anise seed. Cinnamon was common due to the Laeto Rainforest right on Mamlak's doorstep, but she was feeling homesick. A bit of turmeric and garam masala would make her feel right at home. There were so many curious things in here–crystals, plants, dried herbs. She herself had been thinking of mixing her own spices and perhaps letting the city's inhabitants have a taste of Abedi life. The cuisine of Mamlak and Abed had quite a few things in common, the difference mainly in their choice of seasoning. Tropical fruit like mangoes and even the infamous durian were familiar faces to someone halfway across the world.

Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars–let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars…
Grey

Character Info
Name: Grey
Race: Appears Elvish
Class: Spell Singer
Silver: 905
Grey was wavering a bit as he finally passed through the grand entrance of Mamlak. Most who saw him stumbling along assumed he was drunk and still reeling from a night of debauchery. That would have been much better than the state he presently found himself in. He wasn't a large man. In fact, if you looked closely, he  looked barely old enough to be on his own even as his bright white hair belied his young age. In point of fact the young elf had only recently left the tiny village he'd grown up in, though the villagers there never let him forget that he was different. His pointed ears and sharp facial features had gifted him only with being an outsider in a tiny place where everyone knew everyone else, it was Grey's opinion that they were a bit too closely related making them stupid as well as arrogant. In truth though, they hated their lives and Grey served as a whipping boy to help them feel superior to someone. Anyone. He'd probably have lived a short life there as their designated outcast save for that bright day when his flute gave him the courage to leave. He didn't know it yet but that tiny, silver instrument and the dove grey cloak whose color leant him his name were the only two things left of his parents. The cloak he'd always had but the flute had only recently presented itself to him and gifted him with magic which, so far at least, had been both boon and bane to him. It's arrival that fateful day had signaled the end of his forced servitude in the nameless village. But while it's gifts might be powerful in the right hands, he had not the skill or knowledge to use it. He'd only learned of it's power by learning to play it. But he had yet to master any but the simplest of magiks. In truth other than some colorful lights the only thing he'd learned was that by playing and concentrating he could move stones. This had actually been useful for he could move the stones from the villagers fields a talent they grudgingly paid for as it made their land able to grow much more and stave off starvation more easily than before. More than one child had been sacrificed to make it possible for their families survive the long, bitter cold of winter. But when all the stones had been moved from the fields of those that could pay him, and the few who'd actually shown him kindness, Grey took his fortune (27 copper and 2 silver!) and left in the night. He'd seen the glint of light coming from the waterfalls in the morning and it reminded him of the glint of his flute in the sunlight. With nothing more to go on than that his decision was made and one bright, spring morn and he left believing that before him lay a great world full of promise and an easy life. He'd been right about the promise but wrong about the easy. It turned out the road would be long and anything but easy.

He'd used some of his "vast" fortune to buy the tough bread that was a staple among the villagers but after several days of travel he soon realized that the distance to the ever brightening glint of sunlight on water was a lot further than he'd first thought. When your longest travels had been an hour each way to gather mushrooms the size of the world was difficult to judge. In his mind if you could see it, how far could it be? Quite far as it turned out. And the people on the road weren't the kind, well read people he'd always dreamed of. He'd been lucky to find only those who turned up their nose at this smelly country bumpkin for most of the distance, but as the night began to fall on his last day of travel he found the ones who found even him a possible source of income. His pace quickened as his journey's end was finally within reach but just before he topped the last hill a small group of rather large men moved from the forest and into the road in front of him. "There be a toll to take this road into the city, mate. You just pay up and you'll be on yer way quick as ya like."

Grey had halted and smiled at the bunch having no idea this was anything but ordinary. "Yes sir! I'm sure to keep up such a fine road as this there must be costs involved and I'm happy to pay my share." He dug into his pockets, pulling out his entire "fortune." "This is what I have. Please take as much as you need for your hard work. I'm very glad to be able to help." The man in front of him sneered and snatched all the coins from his hands before putting a hand on the hilt of his knife and grinning at the ignorance of the young elf. "Why thank you, young master. But that's not nearly enough for all our" he looked back at his comrades, all of whom were grinning at their easy mark. " 'ard labor now is it? We've mowvs ta feed and a little wine to pay us for our 'ard work. Idn't that right boys?" A few chuckles followed his question and all their hands were now resting on their swords. Grey finally began to realize he was in trouble. Serious trouble. "I fink we'll be 'avin that fine little silver flute of yours as well. You wouldn't our babes to go 'ungry, " His eyes narrowed," would ya?"

Grey was young. He was inexperienced. But he wasn't stupid. He smiled vacantly as he'd learned to do with the bullies in the village before replying. "Of course not good sir! And you shall have it if you like. This is a special flute though there are many like it in my village. Let me show you what it can do." He raised the tiny flute to his lips, looked around and began to play. The men stood there, actually enjoying the sweet, high tone but soon enough the boss said, "Aye. That'll do nicely, now 'and it over." Grey kept playing. It was the tune he used to move rocks from the field and before they knew it the highway-men were being pelted with stones of every size. Many went down under the barrage and the rest quickly scattered. It was then Grey made his move. He darted for the top of the last hill between him and safety hoping the guards at the gate would come to his aid. But before he could run down the other side an arrow found it's mark and buried itself deep in his side. Grey yelped but he kept running as long as he could and as he'd hoped they dared not follow him so close to the city walls. Not knowing any better he yanked the arrow from his side and held his cloak over the hole, the blood making a widening stain as he stumbled through the gates and into the crowd who simply saw him as another drunk.

Grey, stumbling and beginning to slur his words asked one of the guards if there was a healer nearby. He should have explained what was happening but he feared the same treatment he'd received on the road. The man shook his head at the "drunk" elf and said, "Yeah. There's a new one nearby. I don't know that she can help with a hangover but yer welcome to try." Grey nodded his thanks and kept himself upright only by force of will at this point. Indeed the physical labor he'd been forced to endure was all that was keeping him from passing out. Grey might be slight of build but what of him there was was muscle and sinew. Keeping his hand over his wound, while he couldn't completely stop the bleeding he slowed it down as much as he could and entered the healers shop.

Using every bit of strength he had he entered Teu's shop. "Good m..morning M'Lady." He honestly didn't know if she'd be like the theives who'd attacked him, she was one of a very few people he'd spoken to in his life. Maybe their actions were the norm? "I'm terribly sorry to bother you but if you could see fit to help me I'll be h…happy to… work off my d'debt. I'm a ve…very hard worker." He realized how he sounded and that it was anything but strong so he added," I prom…ise you. Once this wound is gone I will work very hard." Looking down he realized he'd left a trail of blood into her store and even now he was leaving a pool at his feet. "Oh! m' very srry. I'll wait outside…" And he began wobbling his way out the door.

Teu

Character Info
The act of flipping over the sign to indicate that the shop was open sent a wave of nerves shivering down her spine.  A long and frightful journey had brought the young woman and her children to the new land.  She had worked hard to create a home for the family as well as a proper source of income.  Purchasing a shop location in a prestigious town as she had, it had taken much toil.  Now there was even more work to do in order to make the place a success.  Teu lightly traced one of the counters with her finger with a smile on her lips.  She had earned everything that was in that building.  With one more resolute breath, the elf hybrid pinned back her long sleeves and turned to the potted herbs that were on the back table.  For some healing ointments the living ones were more effective than being dried out.  

"Please let patrons come today," she thought to herself over and over again as if willing someone to walk through the door.  Teu was not disappointed.  At the sound of the door opening, she used every ounce of willpower not to whip around to see who it was.  The shopkeeper took in a slow calming breath to make herself seem at least a little like she was a veteran at this.  Finally, Teu turned and had a smile that was relaxed and welcoming.  "Good day to you as well!"  Her response was just as cheerful as the newcomer, though not as melodious.  She smiled brightly as the woman began to take in the shop to see what was available.  "Thank you for coming in today. Is there anything in particular I can help you with? Anything that you are looking for?"  Hopefully she was coming off as helpful and not as desperate.  Whichever, she was certain that nerves would be coming off.

Grabbing a spare towel she wiped off her hands from the soil that had been her focus mere moments ago.  Carefully the towel was tucked in the belt that was around her waist along with a pouch full of random necessities she found were needed from time to time.  Teu touched the tip of her braid as a nervous tick before moving towards the front of the shop.  Words were halted as the door opened once again, but this time it was not just a shopper.  Her sensitive nose picked up the scent of blood instantly.  Emerald eyes narrowed as they began to search for the source.  Her eyes danced as she continued to search him over for the initial wound, and almost could not hear what the young man was saying.  

Once he realized that he was leaving a trail of blood, he quickly apologized and attempted to leave the shop.  "Nope!" she called out quickly.  "Ma'am can you please help me get him over to the table in the back?"  Teu instantly went into healer mode and pulled the lads arm over her shoulder to help him to the back.  The blood loss was already having an effect to indicate that he had been injured earlier and had not been tended to fast enough.  It was moments like this that the socially awkward woman was the steadiest.  She smiled gratefully at the shopper that helped half drag the injured to the table.  The women were able to get the long haired elf up onto the table and lay him down comfortably for an examination.  "I am sorry, but I am going to have to remove your top to see this injury."  Eyes shifted to the other woman and motioned with her head to grab the waiting bowl of water and towels.  "My name is Teu Balatro.  I own this shop as well as I am a trained healer.  Are there any healing methods that you cannot take?  I can stick to conventional methods if your body is incapable of magical ones."

Her fingers worked quickly to pull away the clothe that covered up the deep wound.  It had been a barbed arrow head from the looks of it, so they removal had to have been painful as well as damaging.  She leaned down and grabbed a wet towel from the bowl brought over to begin cleaning away the blood that obstructed her vision from the true issue.  "I apologize.  This will hurt as I work, but I will give you some painkiller to help."  Teu turned to the first patron with an apologetic look.  "I am so sorry to drag you into this, but can you please put pressure on the wound here while I get the medicine?  What is your name miss?  Again I am so sorry if this is asking too much. I can do this alone if necessary.  This is most certainly what you did not ask for coming in here this morning."  

The half elf trotted over to her medicine shelf and pulled down a marked flask.  Quickly she moved back and lifted the patient's head.  "Drink this. It will help with the pain."

Kinnara

Character Info
The shop's owner greeted her warmly, and as Naija began to browse, she asked her what she was looking for. "Do you have any cumin or anise? I prefer the whole seeds to the powder if it's available. I'd also like to purchase a few dried leaves from the bay tree, along with some coriander seed." The minstrel smiled at the woman, bright eyes shining. "It smells wonderful in here. It reminds me of home." Then the door opened, and her head turned to see if there were other people coming in for a purchase. Slurred speech and a shuffling walk told her something wasn't quite right before she smelled blood. She was just able to make out his words, thankfully since he didn't seem to have a strong accent. How strange, why wasn't he asking for help instead of asking for work?

When the shop owner saw the man, she immediately stopped him from leaving. He was certainly in bad shape, and it was a good thing she had done so. "Ma'am can you please help me get him over to the table in the back?" She asked Naija, to which she gave a nod and began bringing the injured man right over. The woman positioned the wounded man once he was on the table, and went to work. As Naija watched her movements, she was sure that this woman had done this before. There was urgency in the air, and she went to bring the water and towels she saw the shopkeeper motion to. The woman gave her name, and began asking the man if he had any special conditions which might affect what methods of healing he could take. 

While Naija was standing around, Teu asked her to assist once again. Coming to the table she began to do as instructed. "Like this? Please do not hesitate to tell me if I am not applying it correctly. I am Naija, Miss Balatro. There is no need to apologize! He has been bleeding much, from what I heard in the sound of your voice. A handful of spices is nothing to be upset over compared to someone's life." If Miss Balatro did not have the spices she had been thinking of purchasing, she could always come another day. The Abedi woman was not a person who worried much over small things.  

Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars–let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars…
Grey

Character Info
Grey was terribly embarrassed by all the attention. Usually when his injuries were severe it was after a beating and he'd pass out, often long before the entire thing was through. Having people help him was pretty rare as most of the people he'd grown up around were either too busy with their own problems or too callous to care. Usually he'd wake up hours later and end up in the remains of the house his step-mother had owned. Still, he was too valuable as a farm animal to be allowed to die and he'd often be patched up enough to at least stop the bleeding while he was unconscious. The only "pain-killer" he'd ever been offered was potato alcohol and he'd have to be literally forced to consume it until he passed out to stop his screaming and thrashing during their "gentle" ministrations. The next day he often felt worse from the alcohol than from the actual injuries so when he was offered the pain-killer he at first tried to push it away but after smelling it he submitted. The effects were immediate and the slight, young elf began to relax. The lessening of the pain helped clear some of the fog from his mind but that did nothing to stop him looking away from their faces in shame as his cloak and shirt came off.

It wasn't that he was shy for the reasons most people were, rather it was because of the reactions people often had when seeing his torso for the first time. It was truly difficult to find a spot on his chest and stomach that wasn't scarred and there was a sizable lump on the right side of his rib cage where three had broken and mended badly. In fact his chest was worse than his back for his tormentors often enjoyed whipping him from the front so they could see the torment on his face and hear his gasping and whimpering more clearly. As Grey had aged he'd slowly learned to let his mind go during his beatings. It did help a bit as it was much less "fun" if he was just hanging there silently.

The look of concern on his saviors faces were… strange. It reminded him a bit of what anger looked like. The knitted brows, the deep frown but by then he'd given up any semblance of struggling. There was a point where the adrenaline was just gone and any animal, man or beast, simply let everything happen. He honestly thought he was dying and he grasped the flute and though it was soft and breathless if one listened closely, they could tell he was singing… and, on it's own, the flute began to play. He managed a smile as he heard the simple melody. To him it sounded like hope and the promise of peace. Perhaps eternal peace. He was drifting off but before he did he looked up at the pair, "Thank you so much, fair ones. An it be her will I shall see you again soon. But if not I shall sing of your kindness to the Gods when I meet them.

His eyes closed again, his breathing grew more regular and that small smile remained.

Teu

Character Info
"Cumin or anise?"  Teu moved over to one of her shelves in the back corner where she kept the larger supply of her stock.  Bottles of varying sizes were organized by label and color for easier selection.  "Yes, I do have both actually.  I keep them in larger quantity since they are a little easier for me to get them in.  I keep them in whole seeds and if someone would need powered I could handle from there," she said while turning with a smile.  Both bottles were in one hand as she moved over to her main counter where she would be able to handle orders.  Placing them down, the shopkeeper turned back to the same corner to open a middle drawer to pull out a packet.  "Bay leaves dried right here.  They were dried out in just the last week, so still might be a little fresh.  If you want them drier, I would wait just a couple of days."  There was a sense of accomplishment that washed through her as she continued to have the capacity to provide what was requested.  "Thank you for that compliment!  That means a lot for you to say, Miss."  She was about to turn to find the coriander when the shop door opened.

Things moved forward somehow in a whirl while still slow motion.  Teu had made her shop known for the healing capabilities, but she had not expected a patient that soon.  It had been a good thing she had worn the proper attire for such a situation.  The female customer was helpful and she glanced at the other with a grateful look.  She was glad that someone had been there to help assist.  Teu glanced over when asked for correction if necessary.  "No, you are doing wonderful.  I really appreciate it, and it is a pleasure to meet you Naija.  Please, just call me Teu."  The two women were diligent with their efforts to help the young lad.  The healer wanted to get to make sure that he had the pain killer as quickly as possible to handle the work that had to be done.  It was certainly going to be uncomfortable in the most delicate way to be described.

The removal of his shirt and cloak allowed the reveal of his many scars.  Past injuries had not healed properly and obviously had not been tended to.  Trained eyes noticed the lump on the side of his chest where ribs had been improperly set if it had been attempted at all.  She grit her teeth to hold back the agitation that healing had not been done.  It took effort for her to not look at him in pity.  Instead, she examined the injury site.  Bruising had already begun as blood had pooled under the surface.  Brows knit together as the sound of the flute began to play in the shop.  "Sir, you need to stop using your magic.  It will train your life force at the moment with how week you are," she instructed with a gentle smile.  Her hand lightly touched his in an effort to get him to rest.  "You must focus on relaxing and your essence.  Do not worry about anything else.  That's what healers are for."  She wiped off the blood on her hands upon the apron wrapped around her waist.

Teu bit her lower lip as she attempted to work out her next step.  The injury had been made by a well placed arrow.  Internal bleeding was going to be a problem, but not an extreme.  Hands intertwined together as she finally came to a conclusion. "Naija, when I tell you please remove the towel.  I'm going to be using healing magic and need to get in there quickly.  Sir, this is going to be a bit shocking to feel; quite cold to the touch, but it will help.  Trust me and remain still.  Do not pull away."  Emerald eyes glanced at the other female and then glanced at his shoulders to indicate she should hold him if he tried to move.  

Holding her palms flat together, frost began to cover her skin.  Swirling cold crept its way up to her elbows mixed with black shadows.  "Pull the towel, now."  Healing hands quickly moved to the injury to spread the cold from her to his body.  Frost and black shadow swirled along his skin and filled the injury.  Muscle began to mend from the inside out.  Only a small scar would be visible, but faded enough that it would hardly be noticed.  Teu released her hold, and once it she confirmed that her work was done took a seat in one of the vacant chairs behind her counter.  Her already pale skin had turned even more so after the efforts.  Revliir's magical lines were different from her original home.  Working with it was harder than she was accustomed to.  Small beads of sweat had formed on her brow, but it was already beginning to pass.  "You will be fine," she confirmed with a pleased tone.  "Try to dodge a little better next time."

Kinnara

Character Info
Naija gave a smile and nod when Miss Teu told her she was doing as instructed. He certainly was very fortunate to have found a healer with such little time to spare, and Naija herself wasn't skilled enough to do such things. Stitching wounds closed and applying balm perhaps, but that was the extent of her knowledge. Her attitude shifted when Miss Teu removed the injured man's shirt, revealing many scars and old wounds that had been left untended to heal on their own. Worry was clear on the healer's face, but she kept her mind to present matters. The high notes of a flute caught her ears immediately, and soon realized what this injured man was trying to do. With a soothing voice, Naija whispered to shush him. "Shh, not yet. A lovely tune you play, but let us wait until you rest and this is over–yes?" Her natural charm was at work, making her words more agreeable and easier to accept.

Her attention was focused again when Teu gave her next set of directions. On her word, she would remove the towel. The motion of the healer's eyes told the minstrel that she should prepare to keep the man still if necessary. As soon as Teu said the word, Naija pulled the towel off and quickly held onto the man's shoulders to hold him fast. With curious eyes she watched as the magic worked its way into him, mending the injury. It was miraculous–all that was left of it now was a small scar that would fade easily given time. The sound of Teu's voice was wavering compared to before, and the healer sat to rest. For such a feat, surely it had taken quite a toll. Releasing her grip, she straightened and gave both the patient and healer a smile. "How wonderful, soon you will be back on your feet again. Take Miss Teu's words to heart and keep them well. You were hurt quite badly when you came in." 

Going to wash her hands, she folded up the used towel. Seeing as everyone needed a bit more time to recuperate, Naija herself had many questions to ask them both. She would present them after Teu was feeling better and their initial exchange was finished. Like any Abedi native, she was in no hurry for small things. 

Grey

Character Info
Grey wasn't sure what she meant  about his magic draining his life force. He'd never felt tired afterward, on the contrary he often felt invigorated. That probably had something to do with the flute as he was certain he couldn't possibly do magic. It was the flute that gave him strength and confidence. Still… both her and the winged one seemed to think it best and so he acquiesced and the melody stopped. He'd watched the pair recoil from the injuries on his chest, as he knew they would. Everyone did that the first time they saw him and he couldn't blame them. After all he looked like a monster some evil God had stitched together as if to mock the human form. But in this case instead of turning their head they kept working, determined to help though he wondered why. After all he hadn't any money and all he'd offered in return was the cleaning of his own mess in the shop of the one named Teu. It was easily the most beautiful home he'd ever seen as were the two females working over him. The one called Naija even had wings. Wings! "How does one gain wings?" He wondered silently.

Finally the winged-one moved over his shoulders to hold him down. He wondered wh…!!! The cold hit him like a blow and his body stiffened for a moment, resisting Naija, but she was strong and he was weak. His addled brain remembered Teus' warning and with all the strength he could muster he forced his body to relax. There was the shock of pain and cold but almost immediately he began to feel the pain lessen. Not just the cold but the burning of his injury. Slowly he felt something touching him inside. Pushing out the pain and he relaxed. Though it was just the remains of the pain-killer he felt… good. Not turning to keep the weight off his wounded ribs nor feeling the constant ache of other fractures. Was this how other people felt all the time? The thought of that angered him, made him even more bitter t'ward the bastards who'd spent years of his life enjoying his suffering. Remembering the thieves on the road, even the people who mocked him as he asked for help. A bitter seed was sewn that day but not for his saviors. Not only for the kindness they'd shown him but for showing him the evil he'd endured and that even now others, near and far were enduring.

The seed of anger grew as he knew he was helpless to do anything to help anyone who suffered as he did. But someday he was determined to find a way. To make those that hurt others simply because they could, be given pain even as they given it. The flute chirped all on it's own to the two females in the room. Hoping against hope they could hear it and be warned about his broken mind as they'd helped with the broken body.

Grey sat up, then, determined to begin the work of at least cleaning up his own mess though the ground still wavered beneath him. He smiled as he waved his hands toward the pair, "Don't worry. Just help me down and I'll begin my work on my hands and knees. After all. No other way to truly clean a floor save that! Trust me when I tell you. I've worked in a lot worse shape than this…

Teu

Character Info
The healing took place and went perfectly even with the magical currents still fighting the usage from the woman. She needed to have more practice in order to be the most proficient possible. Teu sat with her elbows resting on her knees. The sweat had begun to already leave her as everything began to equal out. Teu allowed her green eyes to glance at the door that led to her home and the children that played on the other side. The healer could feel the presence of Syn just on the other side of the door in wait to make sure that she was not needed. Teu could not hold back the gentle smile on her lips. The children did not know anything that had just transpired.

“Well, Miss Naija, you are a perfect assistant. I could not have asked for better. Again, thank you for your help. Let me find what you had asked for previously. Coriander seed was it?” She pushed off her knees to stand up. Readjusting her braided hair off of her shoulder, the healer shifted back to shopkeeper mode. “As for you, sir, take your time. I have no need for you to start cleaning up right now. Do not undo all the work that I just did.” She laughed gently while walking past her patient. He seemed concerned about being an inconvenience to the two women who had just worked on him.

“I am sure you have been in worse shape considering the evidence riddled across your body. You have permission to sit and rest. Also, you can have some water with a hint of lemon. That is all for the moment. You need to get rehydrated.” Teu motion towards the glasses and pitcher of cool water that she had previously chilled. She wanted to wrap her head around all that had happened. It was a rather eventful opening day for her shop.

Teu moved over to the opposite corner of her store to open one of the many cabinets that were hanging on the wall. She caught a glance at her own reflection of the glass window of the cabinet. Her hair was slightly ruffled, but most of all she was still in one piece. Dasor would have been proud. With a quick grab the coriander seeds were in her grasp. “How many would you like? By the individual seed? Or by weight?” She wanted to get back to being the proper store keeper.