Roleplay Forums > Temples > Conclave of the Ancients > Future [Gods/R]
Ivacus Manaclaw

Character Info
Name: Ivacus Manaclaw
Alignment: CN
Race: Kobold
Class: God of Exploration and Inspiration
Silver: 609
It seemed he was welcomed with kindness for the most part; a welcoming that he was most unused to.  It almost raised his suspicions, how willing these beings were to accept someone like Ivacus into their midst.  He knew nothing of the other gods besides his new friend Dal, whom he had revered during his tenure in the mortal coil (enough at least to let her pat him on the head like a kid with nothing more than a playful pout in response…an otherwise grave insult that would be met with immediate and swift verbal punishment delivered by his damaged ego).  Yet, they all seemed to understand him in some fashion, as he hoped to understand them.  If there was one thing he knew, being amongst beings that knew more than you was a dangerous situation.  It was probably why he dedicated himself to knowing as much as he damn well could in life.

As Angela, the woman he would come to know as Mother-Earth-Love, walked towards him offering a cookie, he initially eyed it with suspicion.  Giving it a good long stare before he even picked it up, he then tilted his head and turned it over in his hands until he took one, small, experimental nibble.  However his eyes instantly lit up as he did so, and he soon began to dig into the delicious, melty treat, chewing hastily and uttering an enthusiastic "Thank you!" with his mouth still full of mashed cookie.  It was undoubtedly the best thing he'd ever had in his life…sure beat trying to chase squirrels up trees just to have dinner.

Then it seemed the Conclave was called into session…though he was raptly paying attention, trying to garner some sort of idea as to how this godhood thing worked, at first all that was coming to him were names and family relations he knew nothing about.  Being a loner for most of his life it was a totally foreign concept to him…family.  He'd had one before and all that ever came of it was betrayal.  Perhaps immortal gods didn't have to worry about being stabbed in the back.

But then came the talk of a world-eater, and multiple dimensions.  Now things were getting interesting.  He was sitting up so much in his little feather-bag that he was liable to fall out with the slightest push.  The little lizard had travelled most of Revaliir…but thinking of other dimensions, other worlds entirely?  That was something to start wrapping his mind around for sure.  Though he hadn't been here long, he was already ready to pipe in and offer his two crescents on the situation.

"We should find this thing before it finds us…laying traps and waiting idly has only ever cost my brothers and sisters their freedom.  We should explore these dimensions and the nook-crannies in between!  Slay the beast!  Ssuu-ra!"

The look on his face was perhaps one of too intense excitement, not quite understanding the danger behind the concept of a world eater.  It seemed to make everyone think seriously about it, but for him it was an opportunity for adventure, the wanderlust in his heart burning brightly at the thought.  Even if those assembled didn't like the idea, he was bound to follow through with it at some point anyway.  But hey, it was worth a shot. 

I am Kaane OOC

Ivacus is the God of Exploration, Travellers, and Motivation

Powers

I: With a divine sense of direction, can find his way to where he or another wants to go in any situation, even places he's never been.
II: Can read the innermost desires and needs of those he speaks with for the purpose of motivating them into taking action.
III: Can operate any mode of transportation (ship/airship) no matter how complex, and tame any creature that can serve as a mount.
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Despite her laid back appearance, Dalanesca’s face took on a rather grave expression as Angela began to explain the circumstances of Moliira’s return. In truth, Moliira had been a good friend to Dalanesca in the past, but her disappearance had been, of course, unsettling. Upon hearing Angela’s explanation as to why she had disappeared, Dalanesca furrowed her brow. It was worrying for many reasons, the multi-dimensional destruction of a world eater being the highest, of course.

Dalanesca shook her head at Angela as she made the comment on Moliira not visiting any of the deities whatsoever. “If anyone, Angela, she would have come to you or I - but she has not. This is most troublesome indeed,” she said, bringing a hand to her forehead and shifting in her throne. Her fingers drummed on the armrest as she rested her head in her hand, contemplating in silence for a moment. “Xunatar has a point - do we know that Moliira is completely truthful in this? Has her consciousness been tested? We all know how vicious a fall can be for one of us,” she said, taking a moment of pause.

“I’m afraid that’s something that none of us know,,” she said, in reference to Shiloh’s question on whether or not there was some sort of means by which a wold eater could be defeated. “We’re going to have to do some digging, if this is truthfully what has happened,” she added, and turned to Angela. “If we can figure out a way, I can send some of my messorem to other dimensions and their lazy asses can do some foot work for us,” she continued. “Any suggestions on that?” she asked, addressing the rest of the group. “Unless any of you lot would like to venture into another dimension…” she trailed off for a moment as though deep in thought.

“Drae - have you any ideas in that handsome head of yours?” she asked, turning to look at Angela’s husband. “I mean… knowledge is kind of your thing, isn’t it?” she asked with a smirk.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Porthyrius

Character Info
Name: Adraejen "Drae" Porthyrius
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Elf Were Bear
Class: Blade Pact Warlock of the Fiend
Silver: 49802
Drae had fallen pensively quiet, his relaxed position moved to the pose one might encountering him using while doing research in the Occulus; leaned forward, elbows on the arms of his chair, eyes focused forward while his fingers were steepled in front of his mouth. His lips were pressed into a near grim line and it wasn't until Dalanesca addressed him directly that he seemed re-enter the conversation. 

"Quite correct, Dal," he said, proving that he had definitely tracked with the conversation. "Knowledge is my domain, and as Luck would have it, and I may thank Shiloh for this turn of fortunes in my direction, I think I may have some insight that might prove useful," the Keeper replied as he straightened up in his chair before he stood up. 

"The fact of the matter is this; Moliira's claims are not outside the the realm of possibility. My recent studies into the Void and the cause of the Void Storms has dredged up a lot of work done by men who have in the distant past been written off as lunatics. But they all have something in common. Each of them claims to be privy to knowledge and foresight of creatures capable of coming through the Void to 'devour worlds'. Normally I might have given it a second thought, but if we perhaps give Moliira the benefit of the doubt here, I do think it is entirely possible that she may have seen what she did while about her dimensional travels. We've already seen and proven that individuals can be sustained in the Void between Worlds. As you may well know I helped retrieve one such individual myself. It wouldn't be too far outside the realm of possibility that there are things that actually live and propagate inside the Void. While I have my doubts that Moliira may have actually faced one of these so called World Eaters, it is possible that she did come across one that was say… not full grown," he explained. 

He stood as he rubbed his chin. "What you suggest, about sending messorem into the Void to explore other dimensions is actually more feasible than one might expect," Drae said. He waved his hands, the atmosphere around them growing dark, as a sphere of translucent glowing blue and white materialized in the air above the deities heads, and it began to rotate, mimicking the movement of their world. 

"Revaliir has two places where the barrier between our material plane and the Void is thinnest. The largest, and possibly most famous is in Koschei Swamp, where the World Tree of Parvpora fell. The falling of that Tree left a what is essentially a tear in the fabric of space, where the energy of the Void can build up and crash upon the land, creating Void Storms. The other, is in the Himiria Scar in Canelux. When that star crashed into the desert there, the sheer intensity of the crash weakened the fabric of space there, though not as greatly. It is actually from the Himirians of the Scar that we have the knowledge of the beings that exist in the Void," he explained. "If we were to send scouts out, these would be the two places to do it from. Koschei would be the easiest, but because of the size of the tear there, the amount of energy of sending multiple beings through may attract the attention of the dark denizens that reside within. Himiria Scar has a natural gate that something may be able to slip through relatively unnoticed though," he said, indicating to the two flashing points that had appeared on his illusion. He waved his hand and the image vanished. 

Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
He watched in silence, the fatigue slowly leaving his eyes as adrenaline coursed through his veins with everything Angela relayed to the conclave. Moliira was back, and her time away, so far, seemingly wasn’t a pleasant one. She was a great warrior, with or without her deityhood, so to think that she may not have been successful in her battle was a little more than disturbing. He didn’t presume to know what it was like in such a void, but there was something to be said about her even being able to come back.

The others conversed, and while he heard what they were saying, his eyes slowly drifted down to the wisps of light that were in constant motion in the crystal structure of his throne. They flowed lazily, making soft designs as they moved through, making new and unique paths as they went. Gradually the talk of the others faded to his ears and became white noise as his eyes glazed over slightly in meditation. It was too risky to think that Moliira was being deceptive, and even if she was, what would be her goal? What could be achieved by spreading a falsehood that would bind the conclave together?

There was still the matter of how she had not contacted Angela nor Dalanesca, and he hoped that it was only for personal reasons and not anything conspiratorial. Falling from grace wasn’t an easy thing to suffer, as Dal had pointed out, and he couldn’t imagine the state of her mind. Even the strongest have to kneel for recuperation at some point. This void, this in between, was troubling to say the least. There was too little known about it.

The tendrils of light in his chair glowed brighter, lightly pulsating in their movement and his eyes fixated on one. It braided with a few others, and it was partway him consciously doing it, but also the will of his own energy as if it were sentient all its own. The way they looked now reminded him of a flowing river. No, he thought to himself, Not a river, a stream. A stream. His lips parted and his eyes blinked quickly as he pulled out of his meditation just at the tail end of Adraejen’s explanations. He looked out to the rest of the circle.

He spoke softly as usual, waiting until the other had finished, before voicing a particular concern, “This…thing, it travels through different dimensions, takes advantage of their weak points and tears.” His eyes moved to Drae as he had been the one to just explain some of this, and then moved to Dalanesca and Angela, “Is there vulnerability in the soul stream? It is the in between for all of us here, and I know I don’t have to explain what those implications could mean…” Angela and Dal protected it well, but still, he couldn’t think of a more dangerous place to be vulnerable were it a possibility.

“If the soul stream is the in between of life and death, is it not possible that it could be an access point for a being that travels exclusively through those blurred lines?” He shook his head a little, leaning back in his chair more as his eyes grew distant in thought, “I’m sure it could be nothing, but it might be worth considering…Just in case. If a being that threatening started with the souls of Revaliir, well…Then it’s terrifying to think of what havoc could be wrought, or what power could be gained.” They needed a way to see it for themselves, learn about it without the only teacher being books or hearsay.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]