Roleplay Forums > Temples > Conclave of the Ancients > A Recipe for Disaster [open to Gods][R]
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Angela laughed at Torn and nodded. “That he is.”  She took pity on Naota for a single moment and sighed. “Naota is actually taking care of a very important person to my sister. I was only teasing but I wish you would relax.” She smiled over at him. “It just happened to work out the way it did.” 

Angela did her talk on everything and she let out a sigh at Dalanesca and frowned a bit. “The Voice has a right nasty sense of humor. It gave me more duties than I had hoped for but I did put a hole in reality…” She crossed her legs after sitting down and smiled up at Naota. “Sometimes we get put up as Gods to do something extra with our lives and other times we are needed for the people we are.”

Nodding to Moliira Angela took a sigh. “Moliira was there to help me through my ascension. We’ve been good friends ever since that moment. We’ve seen a good lot of our friends fall so take our uneasiness lightly. We’ve seen gods get their spots only to fall shortly after. The Voice has a way of testing all of us. Even if that means making you take on extra responsibilities. For instance, Dalanesca just became a Triune member.. and me? I took on the whole slice of life. That is the role we gods have to deal with.”

Angela snuggled into her chair and took a sigh. “Torn! How is Keira doing by the way? I wanted to ask before I forgot. Having twins is no easy feat especially for someone who has never birthed before!” She was a proud great aunt and she sure Moliira was as well.” Her eyes drifted to Naota and she chuckled. “As for Echo-Rose… try to be gentle with her. I think she is very much still a child in some aspects. Her mother wasn’t the kindest person. The truth of that matter I would rather not let it get back to Echo.” She put her finger up to her lips. Echo’s mother had died that much was true but not the way Echo had heard.

“Adjusting your personal lives will be hard… though for you Torn I think it got a lot easy. You were about to go away for a while and leave Keira home. I’m sure this makes things a lot easier.” She smirked towards Torn and laughed. "Though I'm not sure about you Naota. I don't know much of you but what I've been told by Holly so I'm afraid I don't have a lot of words of wisdom beyond what I know about Echo. If you have any questions now would be the time."

She tilted her head to Dalanesca. "That means you as well. You are in a new role yourself dear."

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Torn

Character Info
Name: Torn Flashborne
Alignment: TN
Race: God
Class: Prince of Epics
Silver: 169
Torn smirked in amusement at Naota’s discomfort, finding the man’s reserved nature rather interesting. The hazing also served a more pragmatic purpose - by pushing Naota out of his comfort zone, Torn hoped to rid the man of a few inhibitions and make him feel more confident about his position. The way Torn saw it, if Naota was chosen as a deity, there was a damned good reason for it - and while humility may be a contributing factor, Torn had no illusions that that was all. Therefore, his hope was to see some of the other virtues Naota possessed - which was difficult when he was so reclusive.

Torn gave a lazy salute of thanks to Moliira at the standing invitation to Maral’hal. “Thank you, Moliira. You’ll be my aunt by law soon, and the kids will have to learn how to hunt. So I’ll be sure to bring Keira along when I decide to visit,” he said, his tone more serious and candid than before. In truth, Torn had very few doubts about his godhood - he found it rather suited him - so he was more inclined to use Moliira’s offer to get help with the twins. “You’re all of course welcome to visit in Musalia as well,” he stated with a smile. “The Chambers of Mystery are protected by barriers, not guards, and those will not stop my fellow deities. So drop by anytime,” he continued. “Feel free to drop by just to watch the games, too,” he added as an afterthought.

As Angela addressed him, Torn gave a sly smile. “Suffice to say that whatever you put in that salve… It works,” he replied, fondly remembering a number of nights he had spent with Keira. “She has more attendants now than before, so handling the twins is a lot easier on her,” he continued, before having another sip of tea. Torn had arranged for a number of facilities for his betrothed while he built his temple, including her own valkyrie attendant. He’d also set a few muses to be nannies, for when Keira needed a break.

Torn chuckled as Angela implied that Torn has an easy time of his new godhood. “That’s no lie or mistake,” he answered with a grin. “I find it agrees with me. It’s all rather exciting.” Torn watched the other discussions unfold, preferring to lie down in his hammock and observe, for the time being.

Torn's god rules:
i: Torn can make anyone feel an intense desire to overcome massive challenges, even where logic dictates it should be impossible. This also incurs a blessing to help them succeed.
ii: If Torn approves of - or praises - a piece of music, that song will evermore sound more appealing to mortal ears.
iii: Torn has the ability to summon any creature he has personally slain, to serve any purpose - or transform into one himself.

Voice Actor: Jon Cozart (Paint)
Theme Song: Masatoshi Ono - Departure!
I am KeeXeyn.
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
So far that had been the song of the day since his ascension: to come out of his reservation.  As he looked at all of them, knowing that Moliira’s words were true with them having all been mortal as he had been, he couldn’t help but think that godhood suited them all much better.  Then again he hadn’t known all of them at the beginning of their reigns.  Hopefully it would be something he’d come into sooner rather than later, it was more than a little intimidating that his fellow recently ascended came into his so easily.  Some people were more easily suited than others. 

His eyes softened, managing to keep them from drifting to Dalanesca’s protruding belly, and he nodded quietly to her offer, “I’ll find time…”  And that was a promise.  His fingers laced with each other, keeping his hands rested calmly in his lap to hold back the urge to ask more about her stomach.  Pregnancy was something that still fascinated him, most likely because it was a side of life he had been barred from. 

Well…not pregnancy of course, he was a man, but being able to produce children at all.  After everything that had happened though…?  Those doors had opened for him, and nearly everyone around him seemed to be expecting or had expected at some point in their lives.  His thoughts turned to Echo, remembering what Angela had told him at his temple, and his eyes dimmed down…Either way, he kept his eyes respectfully up and listened on quietly as the others conversed.  What would it be like to visit their realms, their temples?  Aside from Angela he’d never gone to one before, Natsumi and himself always met somewhere else for one reason or another.

Even at Angela’s most angry, even when directed towards himself, he’d always felt welcomed in her domain.  That’s how a good mother was supposed to be so it shouldn’t have come as a surprise to him.  The last time he’d been there was after her…mishap, but the memory of being in her new babe’s nursery had turned into a pleasant one.  Another thing he’d started to pick up on though was the manner in which they interacted with Torn.

Was there something he wasn’t grasping?  Sure the man was confident, downright cocky really, but you’d think he’d shown up naked at a party from how they were speaking to him.  It wasn’t…bad, it was almost tired.  It made him think of chasing a toddler and he realized even more how little he knew about the personal lives of these people.  More importantly though, it did help him realize that they were just that: people.  Each of them chosen for their own reasons, and that alone helped build confidence within himself.

He nodded to Angela, knowing there’d be no strain on his part when it came to being understandable with Echo.  Heavens knew that the girl already had more than enough on her plate from her past, he didn’t want to add to that if he could help it, especially not with darkened news.  As for Holly…they were on better terms now, but he could only imagine the things she might have said about him to her mother, especially after their initial…falling out.

His lips upturned, the smile tight but real as he answered Angela, “Perhaps, but another time.”  There weren’t many things for him that he liked to keep so close to the vest with no loosening, but Echo was one of them.  Ever since their misfortune in the dead zone he hadn’t loosened his protective view towards her and could still hear the rip of tendons from when her arm had been relieved of its socket…Angela had visited his temple once already, he knew there’d be other times to discuss personal matters with her.

When Torn spoke he found himself easing more, what was it about him?  His own manner was so different in comparison, and he really couldn’t get over the man’s confidence.  Maybe he enjoyed basking in it since his own had been so fleeting as of yet.  Or perhaps it was nice just to see someone not have a care in the world…they should all be so lucky as to live in bliss.  Life came one day at a time, and now that he was immortal he had a countless amount of them.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Dalanesca smiled at Moliira as she invited the newcomers to their conclave to join her in Maral’hal.  “You’d all have to be crazy not to visit Moliira - Maral’hal is one of the most beautiful places I have ever stepped foot in,” she said.  “And believe me - the more I come to realize, I have been to many, many places…” she said, but trailed off as she felt a rather strong kick from inside her.  “Oh,” she said, softly.  “The little one in here wants you to know that she agrees,” she said, with a bit of a laugh and leaned back in her seat once more.

“Thanks for taking one for the team?” she said to Angela, with a laugh.  She loved that she was able to joke with her friend, even in times that required seriousness.  “That will teach you to mess with things that are bigger than you,” she joked, as she knew that even something as huge as ripping a hole in reality would not stop Angela from meddling in things if she felt it necessary.  She nodded solemnly as Angela went on to address the rest of the conclave, in agreement with everything that she said.  “You know I”ll never hesitate to ask for help when I need it,” she said to Angela, with a knowing glance.  She also looked to Moliira, whom she had also gone to for guidance in the past.

She took the opportunity of the others conversing to recline in her chair, both hands resting proudly on her belly.  When Naota took her offer of visiting the Blinded Scales, she smiled.  “Maybe give it a few weeks, this one will be here soon… but we would love to have you.  I think Marth would like you,” she said with a smile, speaking of her spouse.  “He’s mortal, of course… but he resides in the realm with me, most of the time.”  

She looked back to Angela.  “Other than your offer of guidance, and to discuss ascensions, is there anything else you feel we should cover this night?” she asked, and then turned to Moliira.  “Or you, as well… you are both my elders.  Are there pressing matters at hand, my friend?” she asked, wondering if Moliira would have anything that should be brought to their attention.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
Her eyes drifted to Torn's for just a moment when Angela mentioned Keira, and her storm cloud eyes were unblinking.  It was a threat, but just that, so long as her niece was happy.  The moment that changed, he would have a force of nature to deal with.  It was interesting to note how the other members on Conclave were already related to the Rosen matriarch, and she wondered how much further it would go.  But that wasn't a bad thing, it made Moliira think of them all as an extended pack in its own way.  She smiled at the thought of teaching her niece's children to hunt.  "Maral'hal would be a safe place for them to learn, and you and your lady can have some quiet time off while I take over," Moliira said with a chuckle.  The twins would likely be so enthralled by her home that they wouldn't notice their parents slipping off.

Turning her gaze to Naota, she could understand his few words.  It had to be something of an uncomfortable situation for the young man, and she wanted to ease his entry into their circle.  "Naota, if you please, allow me a question.  What was your mortal life?  I know little of you, so I am curious," she asked, keeping her tone only questioning and not that of an interrogation.  But given her blood, some assumed that was what all her questions were.

The drow only chuckled when Dalanesca asked if there was something at hand.  "There is always something brewing.  We cannot always see it though.  We cannot see the trap that leads to treasure, or the necromancer's hand that would cause a plague to sweep across the lands.  I would advise to always be ready for something to happen… and to enjoy the calm times while we have them," Moliira said.  Her wisdom came from age and experience, and the paranoia of her people.  It was a foolish, and often dead, drow that let their guard down.

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Angela’s smile never faded as she thought of the salve. “That salve is an art piece. I don’t think I could ever improve it.” She tapped her lips as if in thought. “Not that anyone other than a god could get close to it. Art is meant to be replicated and appreciated, alas.” Angela was no stranger to the amount of stress that young Keira had been under before Torn became a deity. “She is probably glad for it. She is so used to being independent and on the run, this is probably killing her. Well, used to kill her. From what I’ve seen she is adjusting well now thanks to your help.”

Taking what looked like a long stick that had fallen from the World Tree by her feet she used it to poke at Naota. “Lighten up, and you’ll be able to handle anything. Tighten up, and the world will eat you because you will crumble at its feet. Best thing to do is find yourself and I’ve always found spending time with loved ones to be the best cure for that. The only exception I’ve EVER found is Torn because he most certainly doesn’t need to find anymore of himself in that big head of his.” She twirled the stick in his direction. His head gets any bigger and we’re going to have to rename Revaliir to Torn Flashborne.” She let a chuckle leave her lips.

Angela’s grin went to Dalanesca. “I love messing with bigger things as there aren’t many in this world. I am a lazy individual so more work is rather dull to me. Brings a whole host of new people to my temper. Can’t say Iva doesn’t love it. She seen an orc for the first time the other day and… about five thousand questions later she decided she wanted to be one. I don’t want to tell her that’s not how that works but… alas.” Angela dropped the stick and shrugged.

From here she let Moliira take over. She listened with open ears and it had to be the first time the goddess seemed…. Quiet.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Torn

Character Info
Name: Torn Flashborne
Alignment: TN
Race: God
Class: Prince of Epics
Silver: 169
Oh, I’ll make good use of that offer,” Torn said, as Moliira offered to babysit the twins from time to time. Not that he and Keira had ever had difficulties finding time to enjoy themselves, but Torn naturally preferred his kids had an exciting upbringing.

When Moliira mentioned that there was always something brewing, Torn laughed out loud. “I would hope so!” he exclaimed, swinging in his hammock. “This would be an incredibly dull job otherwise,” he continued. He looked at the rest of the conclave, his grin as bold as brass. In truth, there was a single realization that kept Torn so happy-go-lucky in the face of godlike challenges - the fact that the Voice, most ancient of things, had selected them in particular. If a threat could be overcome, this conclave would do it. And if they couldn’t, no one could. Such was his belief.

In any event,” he continued, still rocking from side to side, “Since my domain is heroism and song, I hunt down heroes on a daily basis,” he said, leaning his head back and relaxing. He addressed conclave with his eyes closed. “And I make sure to keep them reachable. If a crisis pops up, I’ll be able to supply some talent to aid the issue,” he concluded, before apparently taking a nap.

Torn's god rules:
i: Torn can make anyone feel an intense desire to overcome massive challenges, even where logic dictates it should be impossible. This also incurs a blessing to help them succeed.
ii: If Torn approves of - or praises - a piece of music, that song will evermore sound more appealing to mortal ears.
iii: Torn has the ability to summon any creature he has personally slain, to serve any purpose - or transform into one himself.

Voice Actor: Jon Cozart (Paint)
Theme Song: Masatoshi Ono - Departure!
I am KeeXeyn.
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
His lips parted, eyes softening as The Justiciar addressed him.  He wasn’t sure why she thought this Marth would like him, but took it as a light form of compliment.  It was strange to sit here and watch them all interact with one another in such a setting.  Even with the weave in of important topics, there were always such personal matters going around the circle.  As oxymoronic as it seemed, it made the whole situation that much more…human.  That was something he’d never have expected, but then he still wasn’t familiar with the ways of deities.  Though even he had to admit that it was comforting.

He nodded silently to her, a small smile forming on his lips as he envisioned her with an armful soon to come.  Any mother would need time after that, much less one with newborn twins.  Her poor stomach.  Without meaning to, his markings gradually glowed brighter when she touched her belly.  It was nothing more than a babe’s kick but now he found himself staring and didn’t know how to get out of it without being completely obvious.  Pregnancy was still such a foreign thing to him: a gate that, before, had always been one to stay locked.  Only now did he realize how much he’d avoided women in this state in the past.

Luckily Moliira’s question gave him an out to look away from her now still stomach; meeting the gaze of The Storm Wolf.  Again his lips parted, closed, parted once more as he tried to think of the best way to sum up his past in one sentence without sounding like a monster.  Was there a point in trying to soften it?  The glow dimmed back down and his fingers absentmindedly moved on the crystalline arms of his seat.  Mortal life.  It sounded so final. “Well…”  His eyes moved to Angela, as if she’d somehow know the right way to answer this, but he felt guilt stab at his gut and looked back to Moliira,

“I was a hunter.”  Leave it at that?  Don’t leave it at that? “A very specific type.  I was adopted into a noble family, and they were and still are part of an organization of vampire hunters.  If I’m completely honest it’s where my training in light and holy magicks came from…”  He thought about the daemon, his twin that had shared his body with him…finally forced out by his ascension.  What a mockery he had been: filled with such evil and hatred while all the while trying to harness as much light and holiness as he could.

His eyes moved to the ever swirling wisps of light in his throne, how they kept gentle and moving but never showing bias one way or the other.  If he’d realized then that light didn’t equal good, then would he have turned out the same?  Would he even be sitting here with them all?  He looked back to her, “It’s barely been seventies years and it seems like multiple lifetimes considering the ups and downs.”  He sighed, his smile turning tired as he spoke a line that he’d heard his entire life and almost sounded rehearsed from childhood, “But, we persevere.”

Angela poked him and a breathy laugh escaped him as he looked up and over at her, “Yes, and I assure you that my loved ones are going to be the first people I go to after this.”  Though he didn’t like putting that stress on them.  His problems before?  They were bad enough.  A deity sized problem?  That was something entirely different.  The emerald of his eyes shifted to sapphire and warmth moved into his cheeks as he looked from each set of eyes and then nodded his head once, quickly, hands resting in his lap again.  It was the most he’d spoken thus far with them and realized it was probably best to go quiet.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Dalanesca remained, for the most part, silent as her fellow deities conversed around her.  She was feeling rather tired, and looking forward to heading back to her own realm and the arms of Marth.  She nodded wisely at Moliira as the drow answered her question.  It was cryptic, as were many things the deities discussed, but she understood what her friend and colleague was getting at.  They always had to be on guard - but they needed to be able to balance relaxation with guarding during peace times.  She withheld the urge to roll her eyes at Torn as he expressed his glee at the fact that there would always be problems.  It was clear that he was still a new deity - even someone who loved chaos would not revel in the problems that the deities had to face on occasion.

Dalanesca sat back in her seat, grimacing slightly.  Katja was due to make her appearance any day now, and the closer that day came the more uncomfortable she found herself feeling.  She made an attempt to shift herself around, but it was to no avail.  With a bit of effort, she moved herself into a standing position and addressed her fellow deities, one hand resting protectively on her pregnant belly.

“I am afraid, my friends, that I must take my leave,” she said, softly.  “I am very, very tired… and I need to get some rest,” she added.  She gave them all a smile, and turned her gaze to Angela.  “I am thinking that I will be seeing you very soon,” she said, in reference to the fact that Angela was to help with the birth of her daughter.  She turned back to everyone else.  “Please, feel free to visit whenever you wish,” she said, specifically meaning Naota and Torn.  “But wait a few weeks until I’ve had time to evict this little monster,” she said with a laugh - and she was gone, back to her realm where she could easily rest.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
She shook her head at Torn's enthusiasm.  There would come a time when he would regret those words.  Perhaps not soon, but some day.  But the thought of having a number of heroic types at hand, that could be very useful.  Her eyes brightened when Naota spoke and told her, and the rest of them, who he had been before.  That was interesting, and she nodded in appreciation.  It was good to have someone with practical experience in the world sitting under the Tree as well, and he seemed far calmer than Torn.  It was a good balance between them.  "For me, it is always a pleasure to meet another hunter.  Perhaps another time you can tell me of your exploits?" she asked.  There were times she arrived unannounced, but she sensed Naota would appreciate her asking permission.

Her eyes snapped back to Dalanesca when her fellow goddess begged their pardon, and the drow made herself a mental note to send a gift soon.  Her people were renowned as herbalists and alchemists, and not all of their concoctions were poison.  "Be well, my friend.  And you know where to find me, should you need help," Moliira offered.  She only hoped Dalanesca wasn't having twins like she had.

Looking at Angela once Dalanesca had left, there was a grin on Moliira's face.  "She is a stubborn one, and our help may not be accepted.  We may have to force the issue," she said with a laugh.  But things were at the back of her mind, and her friend had opened the door to tend them.  "If you will all pardon me as well, I have work I should be doing.  But please, visit me, all of you.  My home grows lonely at times," Moliira said.  She waited long enough to make sure there were no more pressing matters, then took her own leave.