Roleplay Forums > Temples > Antikythera: The Machinarium > Fear Led Me Here [GO]
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Alignment: CG
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
Shiloh was being cryptic. What could be friends and something more? Neera, perhaps, who was both friend and guardian, protector, and the unheeded voice of reason? "Akira agree. Why they so curious? They no snoop if not." The pair continued their catching up, and somehow, Akira missed the fact that the goddess said absolutely nothing about the revelation of her father once the description was given. She was also unaware of what was going on through Neera's mind.

The puca was looking up at the goddess with an almost inquisitive gaze. Neera nodded at the question. She could sense power emanating from the woman similar to that of power only matched by deities, yet she knew the child was being deliberately withheld from the knowledge. If this woman wished her strength be concealed in the unknown, it was not in Neera's place to betray such a wish, for the child was not in danger due to it. At least, not with the way the woman and godly offspring reacted. "Yes, it is. With a child running in blind fear, and the threat of drowning, it was the first form I could think of that would ensure my survival without hindering Akira."

When the question of Akira's arrival was asked, Akira looked down in her lap forlornly, her fingers idly running through Neera's fur. "It wasn't a want. Akira needed to. Akira was chased by scary thing outside of Rai-lock. Akira can run long, long time when need. By time thing gave up, Akira forgot because Akira too afraid of angry sky. Neera guide me here for rest." "Her mothers, living and deceased, expect me to act in their place. Larka is with child, and while they would very much enjoy being with Akira, they are still very new to this land, and must establish their way of living, in a less dangerous vocation, to provide for both Akira, and the unborn child. As I'm sure you're well aware of, Akira is a wandering soul, and to keep her in one place is like trying to keep water from flowing." The puca added her two cents into the mix. "Can Sissy Shiloh show Akira home? Want to see what you work."

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
Shiloh thought for a moment before she caught onto what Akira was saying. "Oh right, I'm guessing you ran into one of those old golems wandering around the place? Yeah those are pretty nasty. I fought a few once, almost buried me into the ground." Scavenging the parts off the old golems was easier said than done. The smaller ones were fine one their own, but in swarms they were terrifying. But that time she had ran into one of the bigger constructs, and one hit had sent her flying. Somebody else had been after that particular golem too, so she had to settle with just taking the core mechanisms. She wanted to study them to better understand how past engineers had built their machines. Not only did she want to know how they were wired, but what caused them to malfunction on the first place. They didn't have memory banks like her automatons, so they were only capable of repetitive actions and basic motion detection.

The name Larka rang a bell, and she vaguely remembered an incident back in Canelux's underground. "Larka's settled down then? I see." How she managed to get pregnant was beyond her, as Shiloh remembered that Larka had a preference for women. Akira was still wandering as ever, apparently it was part of her nature than just a way to survive. Even after being accepted by a family the fox child had wanderlust. Akira looked up to her and asked if she could see the rest of Machinarium. Looking down at the girl the deity gave a rare smile. "Sure, thing. It's pretty boring stuff we work on but we have more facilities outside of the workshops. You can leave your stuff here while I give you the grand tour. There's a lot of moving parts in the workshops, so fishing out a dropped item will be…er, difficult." The image of something accidentally falling into one of the turning gears or the crucibles did not end well in Shiloh's mental scenario. 

"Come on, I'll start with the boring parts first." The first stop was the workshops. The temperature was much hotter here than anywhere else, and the loud roar of furnace fires and moving machines boomed all around. Automatons and employees shoveled rare ores into the smelters where they were poured out and refined into ingots. Smiths hammered ingots into sheets of metal, and other craftsmen cut the metal into smaller pieces. There were metal pieces for all sorts of things on the workbenches, from replacement parts for automatons to more delicate items such as internal mechanisms. "This is where we do most of the work here in Antikythera. Things get fixed, made, and put together. Then they go in for testing and if they pass, they make more of the items. It's a pretty repetitive process." Pointing back at the hall's other doors, she listed a few other locations of interest.

"We've added several new wings over the years. There's a library with whatever books I find, an art gallery for employees to show off their best work, and a greenhouse where we grow food and decorative plants. There's also the chapel, but that's in a separate area. The gallery and greenhouse are the places people use the most after the workshops."

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.