Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > Timedeath Mini-Quests
Chae

Character Info
Name: Chae
Alignment: CN
Race: Halfling Lich
Class: Scientist
Silver: 88
Time Death Mini-Quests

The Timedeath Theory is a sound one, and the Clock is large but will be mended. While its lesser pieces lie scattered around the world, there are some key parts that have been discovered intact. These parts were difficult to locate and will be even more difficult to retrieve, for they have been tucked away by greedy hands and the passage of time. As the task at hand is announced to the citizenry, so too are little flyers popping up on town bulletins, market posts, and even the occasional tree in the middle of the wilds. They advertise that capable adventurers seek out the Library in Wyllmochvar, for the Goddess has tasks of her own to assign.

The following are three major parts that must be found. For each, I will be leading a group of player characters in a single thread through a series of battles, puzzles, and other tests of skill. Consider me your DM or, in this case, your thread master. Sign up by posting here which piece you would like to find, and I will keep a list updated by posting it occasionally. I'm hoping to get 2-3 players for each adventure.

The second hand. This thin black rod, as long a man, has been sighted in the wasteland known as Sarchu Valley. Raiders and treasure hunters alike passed it by because it was plain and heavy, but now that its worth is known there are many who would seek it out for a less than honorable cause. Yours is the only one that will save this world from the curse of timelessness.

The fusee. This long chain, used to give accuracy to the Clock's spring mechanism, was discovered long ago by a mercenary strapped for cash. He sold it to a merchant, who sold it at auction, and now it is draped prettily in the private quarters of an Egjoran noble. The woman and her family probably do not know the true worth of their ornament, but will still not be likely to give it away.

The ratchet wheel. Its cogs softened by its association with the main wheel, this large clockwork piece is something of a staple in the dragon's hoard beneath the Zujiuchu Mountains. The dwarves have seen it there for decades, but none have gotten close enough to take it. Their help may be enlisted in offense against the scaled beast, but perhaps there is a subtler way to defeat it.

This is an opportunity to post quickly to gain the parts you need for the synth you want, but it's also a sort of unveiling for a personalized quest feature that I offer at any time. For more information on mini-quests unrelated to the current site event, check out the bottom of this post.

Sign-Ups will close on Wednesday, the 16th or when all slots are filled in a particular mini-quest. In the latter case I will begin the quest early, but I won't be able to post very quickly until after the 16th. 

Excuses

God Powers:
i. Perceives every word that has been written.
ii. Evokes intense moments of inspiration, especially in regard to magic and invention.
iii. Able to reverse the effects of psionic and illusion magic.
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
Two questions for clarification:
1. Is the goddess actually leading these parties or are you purely performing the DM role from a distance?
2. Would my character have to say they signed up for a quest in person with the goddess or are they able to say they arrived by third hand knowledge to help?

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Chae

Character Info
Chae has organized the team, but she won't be present in the thread. We'll say those who did not see the flyers or seek out the goddess for guidance simply felt the inspiration to be in the right place at the right time to meet with the rest of their group. :)

Excuses

God Powers:
ii. Evokes intense moments of inspiration, especially in regard to magic and invention.
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Works for me on the inspiration bit. Sign me up for the dragon one. I also have the same time constraints of the evening of the 16th, as that's when my last final is complete.

Chalky

Character Info
Name: Cha'Kwe'Tza
Alignment: None
Race: Reptilian
Class: Sacred Guardian
Silver: 639
Sounds cool. What do you think CodeAni? 'The Tailed Twosome™' strike again on a relic hunt?
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Chalky and Natsumi for life. ;)

Chae

Character Info
Excellent!

The ratchet wheel: CodeAni & Chalky

Excuses

God Powers:
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
Sign Naota up for The Fusee!  Gotta put these diplomacy skills for him to work :3

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
I'd like to help Naota on my alt Sylvi.  A half demon and a cat demon should be fun.

Chae

Character Info
:D

The fusee: Naota & Sylvi
The ratchet wheel: CodeAni & Chalky

Excuses

God Powers: