Out-Of-Character Forums > The Tavern Hall > Roleplay Discussions > Um, I'm new...
GamerGrrrrl

Character Info
Name: Thia Coatl
Alignment: CN
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger (sharpshooter)
Silver: 100
I have no idea what to do or how to play this game, I've tried reading little things in ooc areas but I can't seem to figure out what to do or if I set up my character right…
Any help please? 

Backstory; (sorry for the lack of descriptions but I'd prefer to just write the gist of it)
- daughter of two Druids in a small village that didn't believe in magic. Parents were supposed to protect the village so they hid their magic to keep their family safe.
Age 8- eventually someone finds out and hires an assassin to kill the family. Father stays back to try and talk it out while mother and thia run to the Forrest. He is killed.
- mother and thia are tracked by the assassin and while they are running this hears a sound and looks up from where she was originally looking forward while running with her hand in her mother's, and the arrow aimed for her head ends up skimming her right eye and immediately blinding it.
- assassin attack mother, who calls out for help. Assassin removes mothers head and approaches thia. However a dryad interviens and saves thia with a lack of wolves.
Age 8-51- thia is raised and taught by the dryad and wolves. The dryad teaches her how to hunt and defend herself.
Age 51- thia and dryad are out for a walk and are asked for help by a pseudo dragon. Led into a trap and dryad sacrifices herself to save thia who gets away.
Age 65-92 - she realizes she can sell her animal pelts and other things to a village nearby. Becomes widely known for her abilities and gets her own little stall there.
Age 92- the assassin that tried to kill her when she was 8 (he is also an elf) finds her and tries to kill her again because the village she was raised in, which also ended up being the village she was selling her pelts to, had a bounty on her head since they knew she had lived. She leads him away and fights back, her wolf pack helping. However he was prepared for the wolves and kills all of them, but she is able to get a goot shot in and he falls into a deep cave where the fall damage kills him.
Age 92-293 - spent the rest of her years doing animal bounties and killing people who abuse power while also outrunning her own bounty and the people trying to kill her for the money.

Personality:
- angers easily.
- defensive over those she considers friends.
- prefers not to speak, instead using grunts and head indications to speak for her usually.
- has a habit of shooting first and asking questions later.
- doesn't trust very easily and would rather die than give up any information someone who torture out of her.
- is more comfortable around animals and the Forrest rather than other people or villages.
- threatens people very often as a defense mechanism.
- is a virgin and has no care for changing it yet.
- when she has friends she likes to make use of her small size and light weight to sit upon the shoulders of larger friends and prefers to travel by running through trees or rooftops than moving along the ground.
- she is half blind but it doesn't hinder her anymore besides altering her depth perception slightly which she has adjusted the way she moves and reacts to accommodate for it, though she prefers to hide tha damaged and scarred eye with her hair rather than show it off.
- doesn't eat much but loves the taste of dear meat.
- ignores any attempts of flirtation towards her and will get violent if someone becomes more physical with it.
- when with people she is comfortable with, she can become very playful and smiley in a very quiet way, but it's difficult for her to do this because of her lack of experience with dealing with other people that doesn't involve death or blood.
Chalky

Character Info
Name: Cha'Kwe'Tza
Alignment: None
Race: Reptilian
Class: Sacred Guardian
Silver: 639
Think of each thread that you're in as a book, and everyone writes the chapter for their own character. I would recommend checking out the Greenhorn's Guild https://revaliir.com/forum/tavern-hall/Roleplay-discussions/105/ 

Also, you may want to put the backstory part for you Character into your profile under where you did your Age, height, eyes etc…It would save room on the page when you make posts. It is entirely up to you though.
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
Basically what Chalky said. Each thread is a story, and the participants are all co-authors with complete control over their own character. You write a post that controls your character, and the other people in the thread reply to your character's actions with their own posts. Each post in a roleplay area generates silver based on the number of font characters in it. This silver can be used to buy more items for your character to use in future posts. Right now, the item rules are relaxed, so you can say your character has an item or spell before they actually get it from the shop. Once that reprieve is over, you will have to have an item before you can use it in a post.

The Greenhorn's Guild is a great place to start out if you're new to Play-by-Post like on this forum. There is also a message system that you can use to send questions to the admin team. To access it, just click on your name tab near the top of the screen. You should see options for Write and other, similar, e-mail functions.

Hopefully all this information helps. :)

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'