Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Sandawe Savanna > Welayta Mountains > Exodus [P][Event]
Attie

Character Info
Name: Attie
Alignment: CN
Race: Human (Dead)
Class: Wanderer/Scholar
Silver: 0
Anybody with sense could tell that something was wrong. Every animal in the village was frightened and making some sort of noise. Even the blind could understand that something was up. Attie couldn't help but feel a little proud at the work she had done. Chyrs began to explain how it went and it seemed to have gone well for her. With all of this madness going on, in addition to the sun acting weird, the villagers would be foolish to stay. They couldn't force the villagers to leave. At most they could trick them. However, Attie hoped that they wouldn't have to go to that measure. But Attie felt positive about this. She had hope in her heart and a smile on her face. Things would turn out alright in the end. They couldn't give up now. 

Kawo Yared. She'd never heard that name before but she could only assume was the leader. She followed the other two as they left to go see the rest of the villagers. Things were tense among everybody. A middle aged man began to speak, asking Chrys a question. It seemed that the villagers were taking this issue seriously. Chrys had a talent with words, especially when she was talking to other people, trying to convince them to leave. The villagers seemed convinced so Attie let out a small sigh of relief. Then suddenly, a stranger showed up. A brunet boy with a cheeky grin. Attie would have immediately rushed over to say hello but the situation with the village seemed more dire at the moment. Attie did notice him begin to speak with Chrys. 

"Who's your friend?" Attie asked Chrys, "Will he be able to help us?"

Attie was trying to be friendly but there would be some serious work ahead and they could use all the hands they could get. She looked over to the mixture of houses and huts. A plan began formulating inside her mind. If they spaced things out, it would be faster and safer than to rush everybody at once. Everybody running about in an unorganized mess would end in disaster. But if they scheduled who was to leave first then it might help them create a sense of organization. 

"We probably will want to have people leave one at a time. If everybody is rushing at once, some might get trampled." Attie suggested. 
Chrysanthe

Character Info
Name: Chrysanthe Albaret
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Pathfinder/Druid
With negotiations being so successful, what scared her the most was not being able to move people out fast enough. Even when she was smiling on the outside, it felt like her stomach was up at her throat. If she told them they would take Strelitzia to fly to Namibia, it would undermine the sense of urgency everyone had worked so hard to build. And trust was a special resource that couldn't be restored easily. At times it was an even more powerful motivator than money, but when you lost it…there was no way to get it back. Even if you did, it would never be the same. Trust was the ambassador's most potent and fragile tool. Her fears were dispelled when a familiar voice and face showed up out of the blue. "Belen!" There was a gasp of relief as she was genuinely surprised. She quickly explained to Attie. "He's one of our childhood friends. My brother and I've known him forever. This is great! Now we can really get things moving!" Chrysanthe was being careful not to let the villagers or anyone else catch onto just how big of a lifesaver Belen's unexpected arrival was. 

Attie's suggestion was right; they needed to make arrangements to make sure everybody left in the shortest amount of time. But first, she needed to communicate with Kawo Yared. "I have great news! One of my friends from across the sea has come to help your village. As it would take far too much time to send each family away on the back of my flying beast, he will open a path between this village and Namibia to allow your people to pass." She then turned to face the heads of the households and the village chief."Please inform all of your family members to prepare to depart. To ensure nothing is left behind, I will leave the decision as to who should leave through the gateway first to Kawo Yared. Do not hesitate to bring whatever you can carry. We will also move your animals along with your households too." Although she was responsible for the evacuation, Chrys knew that she needed to let the people here feel they had a say in this. These were Kawo Yared's people. He held a position of respect here, and he knew his people best. It would do no good to let them feel like they were merely following orders. If they went with willing hearts, they would take care of each other and be less likely to argue among themselves.

Once that was settled, she left the matter to the village chief while she went to get Belen up to speed. Belen waved to them all, putting his hands behind his head with a grin. "Hey! So, that's happening? Word down the grapevine said you were looking for your lil' brother to help out with something. Cyril overheard and passed it on, so I thought I'd come ask you myself." Giving him a hug, which made Lys make a face until she let go, she corrected Belen. "You're half right. I was hoping Efrain would help by making a portal, but you know how he is. He's always grumpy if you ask for a favor on short notice. Anyway, all we need is for you to make a portal to Namibia while we help this village move out. If you've heard Lady Sirona's announcement, then you'll know why we're in a bit of a rush. See that statue over yonder? That's the thing that's keeping it daytime when it should be night already. Pretty soon there'll be people who aren't too happy with what she's done, and they'll be coming up the mountains."

She sighed and crossed her arms as she looked at the statue in the distance. "It's not fair for the locals who are just living their daily lives here. There's a lot of angry people heading this way, and these people will likely get hurt. But if we can get them all out before the fighting happens, it'll give me more peace of mind knowing they'll be ok. We're also trying to move out the animals too, though we won't have to worry about the wild ones. We have Attie here to thank for that!" Rubbing his chin, the brunet boy had a thoughtful look. "So all I gotta do is just make a big portal to Namibia? Sounds easy enough to me! Give me a holler when they're ready to move, and I'll have it open in a snap." Grinning, Chrys gave her friend a high-five. "Sure thing! You're the best, Bel!" Feigning arrogance, the boy fanned himself and looked off to the side. "I know, I know." While Lys pulled him aside for a few personal words, Chrys was left with Attie. As the elders were leaving for their homes, Kawo Yared waved before he went to his own house. 

Taking in a deep breath, Chrys watched people start packing up and making bundles to carry along. She couldn't shake off those jitters now that everything was coming together. "Hey Attie–do you want to lead the village animals through with Lys? You're the best out of us when it comes to communication with animals."

'All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.'
Attie

Character Info
So Belen was going to help them! They needed the help, especially when Chrys pointed out the issue of getting the people out of there in enough time. A caravan of people travelling down to the ground would attract attention as well. There might be friendly or good people coming to stop Sirona but there would be many more creatures of darkness trying to stop her. These dark creatures wouldn't hesitate to attack the traveling villagers. Or at least that is what Attie assumed. She hadn't met many dark creatures, only a vampire or an undead. Still, it was dangerous! She realized that Belen would be holding a portal open for a while. And it would have to be a portal that is large enough for everybody. Digging around in her satchel, she pulled out a large mana potion for Belen. Walking over to him, she handed him the potion. 

"When your mana gets low, just take a sip of this and you'll feel better." Attie said with a smile, "If you are running low, feel free to take some from my satchel. They are all labeled." 

She placed her satchel on a boulder then turned to Chrys and Lys. There was so much for them left to do. And the villagers would need time to collect all of their stuff. However, the animals were ready to get out of there. It seemed that Chrys was having the same idea. After being asked to communicate to the animals, she nodded her head but she realized that the animals would need something in order to leave safely. 

"The animals will need somebody to lead them but it'll be easier if one of us is an animal. An animal that is trustworthy and that most listen to when in dangerous situations." Attie paused for a moment, scratching her head trying to think up of something. 

Then it hit her. 

"I know!" She exclaimed, "Okay once I transform, I'm going to gather up the animals and ready them to leave. Lys I'll need you to make sure the animals stay in one place while I'm gathering them all up.

Suddenly a bright light surrounded her body and she began to shrink and shrink until the lit faded away, revealing a white dove. Doves were known to be peaceful, even among regular animals. And one could always follow flocks of birds when looking for a safe place. The animals would be easier led by a bird speaking to them. She flapped her wings and began to fly towards some of the rainbow alpacas. 
Fleur-de-lys

Character Info
Name: Lysandre Albaret
Alignment: LG
Class: Defender
Unexpectedly, it was Belen who came to the rescue. He was being surprisingly dependable this time around–which meant he was either trying to find an excuse to escape from the aftermath of one of Tempest's experiments, or he wanted something to do. Either way, it was a godsend he was here. And it took only a few minutes for everybody to be on the same page. Belen thanked Attie when she offered her own stock of mana potions. It was good that they were all getting along, but now the real work began. While Chrys helped Belen coordinate the portal, he was with Attie to help the animals move to safety. Lys watched as Attie transformed into a dove with ease. "That's amazing! I admit I am a little jealous when I see other people shape-shift into other creatures. Can you transform into other beasts as well? Those who can in my family only have one form. People who can use multiple forms must be very talented." He heard Poppy's older brother Rohan was able to shift into more than one form, thanks to his father being a shifter too. Most of those on Tempest's side were lycanthropes, so it was obvious what their beast form was. 

Following after Attie's dove form, he listened in as she and the papels worked out some last-minute details before they were ready to go. It was then he realized that they probably didn't need to wait for the households to finish packing to move the animals out. The animals already knew which families they lived with according to voice, appearance, and smell–so if they were to leave first, they could just regroup with their owners once the entire village had evacuated into the city. Animals were much smarter than people believed them to be. Once they had the consensus of all the village animals, he pulled his sister aside to ask her if it was possible to have the animals go on ahead. "I'm fine with that. Though I'm not sure how to explain it to Kawo Yared… Oh, I know! I'll say that Attie is some sort of magician with the gift of beasts given from the Great Tree. That way they'll believe us when we say letting out their animals from the pens won't cause chaos. 'Under Attie's command, they'll follow after their owners'–something like that." It was a good thing that magic was a widely accepted thing across many cultures. That made explaining unusual phenomena much easier.

Shouts in the local language were heard as the first of the families arrived in the center of the village where Belen and Chrys were preparing the portal. Kawo Yared was calling out groups and there were people standing with all sorts of bundles in their arms. A few of the larger work animals were loaded with whatever their backs could carry. His sister called back in the native tongue in response, and she gave Belen a signal to open the portal. A gateway showing the busy streets of Namibia appeared in the swirling energies of the portal. The first family stepped up, with mothers holding the hands of their children as they walked through. The animals that belonged to them followed, making noises which translated into conversations about the whole situation. Some were confused as to why they were getting so many new smells through the strange wavy image their owners walked into, others were just relieved to be safe. 

The process of the evacuation took several hours, but it passed more quickly once most of the families were ready. "I'm going to follow and help set up arrangements for the village." Chrysanthe told them. "I'll be back in a while, in the meantime, here's a map I made of a few other settlements nearby who might need our help next." With its people gone, the village felt like an empty husk. All things of value had been moved out, leaving behind vacant pens and houses. While Belen was helping himself to one of the potions Attie had previously offered, Lys took the map his sister had drawn. They had their work cut out for them alright, at least until this revolution was done.  

Attie

Character Info
"Thanks! I can transform into a griffon and a jaybird as well." Attie responded back to Lys, "But honestly its kinda draining. Both to my energy and to my mind." 

In truth she didn't know why she could use this ability of hers. All of her magic seemed to be available but she hadn't figured out why she had the magic. All she knew was that it existed. Her mind snapped back to the task at hand. Now was not the time to be questioning her past. She discussed with some of the papels to figure out who would go in what group and how they would travel. They wouldn't need to wait for the humans or households since the animals could identify their owners far better than any person could. She gathered up the animals once they were freed from their cages and their pens in a tidy group. Each animal was gathered in groups of their own. Chickens stayed with the chickens, the papels stayed with other papels. This made it so that no smaller animal would get run over. She also had the smaller animals go in the back, since she didn't want them to get trampled. 

She watched from her place in the sky as the villagers began to move faster. Then she flapped over to the animals and began to guide them towards Belen. The portal would need to open soon. All of the animals were anxious to leave. She called out to Lys, letting him know that they would need to keep an eye on the restless creatures. It wasn't a good idea to let a group of fearful creatures just waiting around. 

"How are we doing?" She asked Chrys, landing near her still in her bird form, "The animals are all ready to enter the portal. Do you need any further help with anything? I could try transforming into a larger form to carry heavy items." 

Her only desire at this moment was to help.
Chrysanthe

Character Info
Name: Chrysanthe Albaret
Alignment: TG
Class: Pathfinder/Druid
Everything was finally ready. Attie and her brother had rounded up the animals for the trip. "We're ready to go on our end!" She said to Attie. "I don't think you'll need to do that; fortunately they don't have a lot of heavy items or things that can't be rebuilt or replaced. You're been a big help so far. I don't think we could've done this without you." It was a good thing too, which was one of the reasons why Chrysanthe held such a deep appreciation for these people. They weren't wrapped up in the infectious desire to own more things. They only cared about what they needed, and nothing more. If they had tried to move out a single estate in Adeluna belonging to a minor noble, it would take the same amount of time as this entire community. When it was time for the animals to go, first were the larger herd animals like papels, then smaller creatures like goats, pigs, chickens, and other domesticated creatures. With Lys' and Attie's guidance, they were coaxed through and were told to wait until their owners arrived. Moving animals safely took a while, which gave the villagers more time to ensure that everybody was accounted for. 

Kawo Yared was instructing his people so they would follow the plan. Large groups of people with arms full and things tied to their bodies walked into the swirling portal leading to Namibia. The herders called for their animals through the same signals they used when calling them to meals or out of bad weather, calming them. The familiarity helped ease the animals' anxiety towards going to a new place.A portal opened with the villagers going through, family by family. When the people and their animals were reunited, the portal closed behind Chrys as she went in to handle the accommodations. "Whew, time for a break. I'll open it up in a few minutes after I finish this bottle off." Belen said, uncorking a half-finished mana potion. Chugging it in a few gulps, he rubbed his hands together before casting gateway again. "It's finally done. What a relief…" Chrys' older brother said. He was tired, and now that their work was done it was time to rest. Herding animals was never an easy feat, even with assistance. That said, at least it was somewhat more manageable than keeping Belen and his twin in line. "I'm gonna stick around for a little longer in case you have somewhere else to be." The brunet boy said, leaning back against the side of an empty house. Looking at Lysandre, he said: "If you wanna see what your sister's up to, the portal's open. Otherwise you'll have to wait until she's done being an impromptu tour guide for a handful of people."

He was making it clear that he couldn't make two portals at once, so if they needed to leave, they would have to wait. "I can wait. When she gets back, tell her I'm with Strelitzia." Lys said. Waving to Attie, he walked off to the outskirts of the fully evacuated village. It was a long wait until Chrys came back, and Belen had finished off a few more potions. "Ok, everything's done! Good job guys! We got them all out, just in time." She threw a glance at the statue in the distance. "We'd better go. No point hanging around now everybody's made it to Namibia safely." As much as she wanted to try to move out another village, she knew she couldn't push herself or everyone. At most she could ask Belen to get some things to make it harder for outsiders to find the villages still here if they ran out of time. "Your brother's with your mount." Belen piped up. "Oh ok, I was wondering where he went. The weather's still good, so we'll be flying in no time." Turning to Attie one last time, she gave her friend a big hug. "I think that's all we'll be able to do today. We really pulled out all the stops in teamwork! I'll be leaving soon. If you're still going to hang around in Welayta, stay safe."  

'All that is gold does not glitter, not all who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.'