Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Sandawe Savanna > Sandawe Grasslands > Medic for the Medic [P]
Raziel

Character Info
Name: Raziel
Alignment: TG
Race: Angel Nymph hybrid
Class:
Silver: 558
"My job is to take life… not to restore it." Though the words were aloofly spoken, they resonated deeply with a memory, a time when she had tried to help but lost two lives in her own naivety. It was a memory she wanted to stuff back down, back in its dark cage within. But it had shaped her morals, a lesson hard learned for her profession of restoring life. Still, the scent of the food did not agree with her, and she was going to request its removal when that unexpected question was blurted out. Of course, Monifa would suggest a practical stranger to climb into her bed. It seemed just like her to believe a warm body beside Raziel would be ideal in both of their healing. Two birds with one stone.

Raziel wanted to hide beneath the blankets as she recalled the few times she slept with the pack. ”Yes… I did. It was very comforting to feel safe and secure for once…” To not have to worry about a kidnapper, an attacker, or assassin coming for their group in the middle of the night was the greatest relief one could find without a weighted blanket. She gave him a nod when he asked about her worry. It was something of pride for her to ensure the job was finished. Raziel was confused as to why he cleared his throat. No one had entered the room, she had not heard the door, nor were there any scents but his own with her proximity. The sling was finally removed, set gently off to the side. Her fingers froze in their movements momentarily, fear flashing across her face before she relaxed and continued unwrapping the bandages from his arm. A lump formed in her throat, which she swallowed against.

For a long moment, she considered answering him as her fingers explored the wounds. Something unfamiliar had been absorbed by his flesh, leaving an oily residue that felt almost gritty under her fingers. Raziel rolled her tips around before bringing them to her nose for a closer investigation. It was herbal, probably something from Monifa. Satisfied, she rewrapped it with the supply of fresh bandages that was left on the dresser. "I was searching for my father, whose location was apparently a closely guarded secret. Thelron sent his interrogator to find out if someone leaked any information…" The last knot was tied, the angel now trailing her thumbs over her scars as she was lost in the fog of pain she had endured. "They didn't believe a word I said. Not about being blind… Not about what I gave them… They broke my fingers, bent them back… Tried to cut the flesh off to loosen my tongue. Broke my ribs in the beating… Yanked my feathers… Crushed… my ankles…" Her voice faded into silence as she felt each bone break, each sharp blade drag across her skin as it cut open flesh and nerves alike.

It burned, strong and fierce. Blood flowed freely as she fought against restraints, attempting to curl her hand into her chest. As if she were drowning, arms reaching into the sea of pain to securely pull her out, embracing her in reality. Raziel blinked, feeling Zehrili’s arms around her, holding her comfortingly. A rasping gasp was taken as she gripped him, burying her face into his warm chest. Silence stretched between them as he held her. It was almost enough for her to relax into another slumber. She pulled her head back enough so she could be heard. ”I need to rest… But I’m afraid to lay back down… Is there a couch or something I can rest upon instead?”