Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Sandawe Savanna > The Ancient City of Namiba > Bad Juju [P]
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
At this point she was too angry to hide the seething fury barely contained beneath her skin. Shadows were swarming around her as she had the most terrifyingly 'normal' smile on her face. Usually when she smiled it looked forced or stiff, but this time it looked so normal that it was uncanny. "I am very angry right now," Shiloh said with a pleasant voice as she loomed over the man. "Oh don't worry, I'm not going to kill you–" Rahadiin had a look of relief before she continued. "–Because if you die, you'll go straight to Serafina's end of the soulstream and who knows how long it'll take for your soul to get out. But as long as I keep you alive, I can bleed you dry for as long as I want." That fleeting moment of relief turned to horror as the color drained from the cult leader's face. Planting the blade of the switchaxe into the ground dangerously close to him, she scratched her chin. "You know, your blatant misuse of the symbol of Antikythera made me quite upset…so I'm going to sue you for emotional distress." Still reeling from the shock, Rahadiin stammered: "T-that's ridiculous! You can't sue someone over that! That's unfair!" Shiloh glared down at him with a deadpan expression. "So is profiting from plagiarism and copyright infringement, but you don't see me complaining now do you?" 

Grabbing him by the collar she hoisted him up like a cat held by the scruff of its neck. "You have two choices: compensate me for the emotional damages you caused, or publicly announce the truth about your scummy little operation and pay back all the people you scammed using my name. If I find out you've committed more offenses that I didn't know about, I'll just add that into the first option. And don't even think about dying in an accident, I don't like it when people try to run away from debt. I'll make sure you stay alive long enough to pay it in full." The man broke down sobbing hysterically. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'll confess to everyone!!! Just please don't kill me!!!" The guards on the other side finally broke open the lock and the door swung open. The mercenaries were greeted by the sight of an intimidating armed woman holding the cult leader by his robes. Turning to them, she flashed a smile as she kept a tight grip on a dangling Rahadiin. "Hello, I'm in the middle of negotiations with your employer right now. He was just about to give you your severance pay since you won't be needed anymore. Think of it as a thank you for your hard work–isn't that right Sir Rahadiin?" The man was clearly terrified, but he wasn't resisting anymore. "Y-yes! That's right! But–"

She cut him off and continued. "I know this is all very sudden, so please feel free to take anything you want from this room as long as someone doesn't leave empty-handed." The man's eyes went wide but she squeezed hard to imply that he was going to agree whether he liked it or not. There were a lot of valuable things in this room, so pawning just one would bring in a nice sum of silver. The combination of business-like courtesy with sheer, unbridled bloodlust radiating from her was disturbing enough to convince the guards she wasn't joking. Or maybe it was because of the murderous dissonance with the switchaxe still in her hand. Now that the immediate threat was over, Dala was free to do whatever she wanted while Shiloh kept a close eye on the guards collecting their final paycheck. This was just the beginning of the cult leader's divine retribution.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
Dala

Character Info
Name: Dala
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Student
Silver: 11882
Dala snatched one of the bowls of fruit that had been given to Rahadiin and popped a grape into her mouth while watching the terror Shiloh unleashed. The girl wondered how this would be handled. Perhaps she would only use violence and end this for good? Or perhaps she would find a use out of Rahadiin that will supply for the misdeeds? The scene playing out before her was fascinating to watch and at some point the child brought out her notes again and began writing down the strategies Shiloh was using to handle the situation. Suing someone for emotional distress, and the thousand other things Shiloh could come up with left unsaid, Dala was fascinated by this approach. It was setting up an image of reasonable intent for the goddess while the man would be damaged in an economic way that could never be recovered from. 

The mercenaries finally broke down the door only to find the armed woman holding the cult leader. She had an intimidating presence that could send lions fleeing to the hills. The hired guards gave each other a look, then nodded before taking a few cups, golden bowls, folded up rugs, and decorations that looked expensive. These hired thugs had little loyalty towards Rahadiin and were only there for just the paycheck. They had realized this would be the last day, regardless of who's side they joined. If they attacked Shiloh, they would probably die or get hurt in a serious way that Rahadiin's basic healthcare plan wouldn't cover. It was easier to take enough materials to cover the next months' rent. 

The mercenaries gave Shiloh a polite nod before closing the half broken door and leaving them to their business. Meanwhile, Dala waltz over to Rahadiin's desk and opened one of the doors, going through some of the paperwork he stored. Rahadiin glanced over at the child nervously and muttered thousands of curses under her breath. Dala found a collection of papers tied together with string labeled, Vulnerable Customers. The list included a series of people with a short description of the trials and difficulties they were going through along with any addictions or sicknesses. The first one was a woman named Amelia Culio who was described with a grief and how the dead husband would be a perfect exploitation point. The rest of the list had similar names and descriptions. 

Disgust crawled onto the child's face as she finished reading the first page. Some of them had already paid hundreds of coins while others were being prepared to join the cult. It was an entire plan on the town on who to manipulate and who to exploit. Placing the stack on the desk, she picked up the first page and handed it over Shiloh. Rahadiin's face turned as white as the moons and he slowly began trying to wriggle his way out of her grasp. 

"There's an entire stack of this shit." Dala said her voice lined with anger, "At least we know where to start with the victims." 

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
"Oh, so you kept a record of all the people you swindled, did you? How nice of you to make my job easier." The dissonant serenity on her face never left as the mercenaries were all gone. "Let's see…now what kind of punishment should I give you?" Browsing the list of Rahadiin's victims one by one, she had a great idea on how to make the con artist regret his entire existence. "…Hmm. Oh I know. I'm going to curse you." Letting go of him, he dropped to the ground, paralyzed with fear. Grabbing his right hand she held it up as a number began to appear on the back of it. Leaning close, the deity's grin grew wider as her bloodlust intensified. "See this number here? You have three weeks to pay back your victims what you stole from them. If you don't decrease this number by then, I'll personally come pay you a visit. But I'm not completely heartless–every time you repay a victim you'll have that three weeks' time reset. However…if you swindle someone again that number will increase and I'll shorten your grace period to two weeks." 

"But-but what if someone is already dead?!" Rahadiin stammered, having finally found his voice. Shiloh's smile reverted back to her typical stone-faced expression as her dull eyes stared daggers into him. "Well that's going to be a problem, now isn't it? Figure it out–you'll find a way to repay their compensation somehow. Let's hope the deceased still have next of kin who are still breathing. Since we're already here, how about starting with your devoted faithful who're waiting past that door? I believe you have something very important to tell them…isn't that right?" She asked with a low hiss. Pushing him towards the door, Shiloh watched as the man scrambled on his hands and knees towards the main hall where the congregation was gathered. They had noticed the 'guards' suddenly leave without notice and were wondering what was going on. 

Looking back at Dala, she was halfway out of the fake holy man's office before she ducked back in. "I'm going to make sure a certain someone stays on script. I've already gotten everything I need to know, so you know where to find me." She assumed the girl had business here too, or maybe she had a bone to pick with the man for trying to kill them with an assassin. Once Rahadiin confessed publicly to his crimes, she was going to confiscate and destroy all the cult's paraphernalia by throwing them into a fire. The local authorities would be glad to learn of his little 'side hustle' that had been going on under their noses, and would have plenty of questions for him too. Before the gathered masses, Rahadiin proceeded to confess–albeit at spear point–on the whole thing. There were many people who were still confused and had held onto the cult's false hope for too long, but they would have to face the truth in time. Accepting how far you've fallen for a lie wasn't an easy thing to do.

Rahadiin's acts of compensation started right away as money was being returned to as many people as possible in the immediate area. Every time a transaction was completed the man kept checking the back of his hand frantically at the number signifying his list of creditors he had yet to repay in full. Shiloh stayed for a while to keep an eye on him, adding further weight to her threats. She would always appear where he could see her, just out of the corner of his eye, before vanishing. It would reinforce the belief that nowhere was safe from her, and that he wasn't getting out of his punishment any time soon. Not even death would save him this time.  

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.