Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Sidhiel, The Living Myth > As it were... [P/R]
Starchaser

Character Info
Name: Gideon Starchaser
Race: Half-Celestial
Class: Star Hunter
Silver: 12048
"Thanks," Gideon said thanking the food merchant for the strips of dried meat he cut for them in exchange for the coins he had offered. He turned back the way they had come with Rynn and chewed on the meat. The spices were different than they were used to, but it was still pretty tasty. "I think your right. Certainly would be a shake up to what we usually cook," he agreed. 

Gideon sighed. "Not really," he said. "But I think I can confidently say that he's not in Parvpora," he said, sounding certain. "I could feel his aura in Canelux, but it was faint. Here it is even harder to detect," he explained. "It really seems like there is a common thread though. Everyone we ask insists that we should speak to the Goddess of Life, at least in Adeluna they did. And here, the common consensus has been to talk to the God of Knowledge and Magic," he sighed. "You know, I don't think I've ever wished to see Magnus so bad. He always had answers…"

Shadowfang

Character Info
Name: Rynn Alzrahi
Alignment: CG
Race: Celestial Draconian
Class: Dragon Knight
Silver: 1051
Rynn crossed her arms, nodding in agreement about Magnus.  "I do miss the old spirit.  He always had something new and interesting to say when he was head of our library."  She let out a sigh.  Her lynx, jokingly, let out a pretend sigh, and laid down next to her.  "Oh hush you," she said, glaring at it.  "The God of Knowledge and Magic.  I know its detracting from the search for Jace, but I think we should detour their.  Maybe he can help me find a star to channel."  It was a sound idea.  

"You didn't happen to catch where his temple is located, did you?" she asked, looking to Gideon.  Hopefully it's not too far out of the way.  But Jace doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so we've got a little time.  Still, she felt impatient at the thought.  As much as her heart ached to find her brother, she knew it would be unwise to continue the search without even a fraction of her current strength.  

"Well, anyway," she said, "First thing's first…we'll get back to the inn, and make a plan from there."  She looked back at Gideon, "You did remember to get separate beds, right?  I'd hate for you to be sleeping on the floor again."
Starchaser

Character Info
"How he managed to be Head of the Library and Master of the Academy at the same time will be a mystery to me," Gideon chuckled. "But I do miss his advice…" He chuckled at Rynn's suggestion at postponing searching for Jace in order to help her sync her magic to the realm. He might didn't like the idea of postponing the search, but they were already taking a detour. And Rynn getting her magic capabilities back to full was going to be very good for them. 

"You might be right," he said with a sigh. "It would be worth the wait to meet with this… so called God of Magic," he said with a sigh. "If it means either finding you a star, or finding a way to tether your magic to this realm at the very least," he said. 

When she asked if he had remembered to get two beds at the local inn, he gave her a look that suggested she didn't give him enough credit. "After sleeping on that floor in Adeluna? Please, give me a little more credit than this," he insisted. "Of course I got two beds," he said flatly. 

Shadowfang

Character Info
Name: Rynn Alzrahi
Race: Celestial Draconian
Silver: 1051
"Well, I guess I can give you some credit," Rynn said with a smile.  "Should we work tonight?" she asked.  She knew a few good tales from Canelux, as well as which songs from their own world were hits.  It had taken some trial and error, but after the first night, and a lot of tears, they had found a good mix to play at each inn they stayed at.  "I had an idea about changing a few things around with the Bard's Tale.  I don't think the…"

The blue lynx suddenly darted in front of Rynn, causing her to trip.  "W-wah!?" she yelped as she fell forward, falling to the ground.  She managed to brace herself, but growled ferociously at the spectral animal.  "You damned lynx!  Get back here!" she exclaimed at it ran off into the crowded city.  Without even waiting for Gideon, she darted after it, weaving in and out of the crowd, chasing the ethereal blue glow.  

When I get my hands on you, I'll-  She paused, slowing down to a walk.  "Wait…"  She looked around.  "Gideon…?"  Where…am I?  "Oh Gods no….I'm lost again…"  She let out yet another sigh.  "Oh….what am I going to do?"  

Stupid lynx….
Firesong

Character Info
Name: Drake Alzrahi
Race: Celestial Dragonstar
Silver: 787
I'm still lost.

Drake waded through the crowd, unable to really get a feel of where he was in the grand scheme of things.  The magic in the air was far more than he had ever felt, and is was messing with all of his other senses.  What was worse, was the silver-white wolf that seemed to be following him around.  It had appeared roughly around the time he had lost him map, and had been following him at a fixed interval ever since.  If Drake sped up, the beast sped up; if he slowed down, it slowed down with him.

"Would you stop following me!" Drake yelled, spinning around suddenly, throwing his hands up in the air.  The wolf stared at him, and then sat down, it's silver eyes unwavering.  "What do you want from me!?" he asked it.  No movement, just the unwavering gaze.  Drake let out an exasperated sigh, and turned around.  "Fine.  Whatever."  He continued down the crowded path.

"Least I can do it get some food," he muttered to himself, noting the silver wolf was following him once more.  He shook his head, and let out a second sigh.  

Hmm?  Drake sniffed the air, catching the scent of spices.  "Oh?"  Across the street was a small stall, selling dried meats.  He looked to his coin pouch, which was painfully bare, and started to pout.  I guess there isn't really a meal in store for me, he thought as he turned away.  He didn't make it more than a few steps when suddenly he felt something at his heel.  He turned, looking down to see the silver wolf, with a slice of dried meat in its mouth.

"Is…is that for me?" he asked.  The wolf nuzzled his hand, pushing the dried meat into it.  Drake didn't need convincing, and took the food, scarfing it down.  "You're not so bad, are you?" he said out loud.  The wolf made no sound, and instead sat down, once more staring at Drake with it's unblinking eyes.  "A bit creepy…but not bad," Drake replied, and pet the wolf.

The wolf accepted the pats, and as Drake finished, shook himself off, and then proceeded to sit back down.  

"Well then," Drake said.  "At least that's one problem down…"

Starchaser

Character Info
"Wait! Rynn!" Gideon yelled and tried to push through the crowd to follow after her. He got bogged down really bad with the sudden influx of people that had swarmed in to do their shopping. He tried to follow her but lost her down one of the side streets. With a growl he took to the sky to try to get a bead on her but she was long gone. He swore to himself and landed again and headed off in a direction that he figured that Rynn might have gone. 

As he came out of a side street, he spotted a young man with a spectral wolf like his kestrel and walked over to him. 

"Hey, excuse me?" he said as he came up to the individual who didn't look like he could have been much older than him. "You haven't seen a lady run past here, chasing after a spectral lynx like your wolf there, have you? She's about ye tall, long black hair and draconic wings? Really pretty too!" he said describing Rynn and what she looked like, hoping that this guy might have seen which direction she had gone.

Firesong

Character Info
Drake found himself starting to enjoy the company of the silver wolf.  He had grown accustomed to being alone, but for some reason the wolf was welcome company.  "I guess you'll need a name if you're sticking around.  How about…"  He thought for a moment, and suddenly a name came to him.  "Kiros.  Kiros the Silver Wolf.  That sounds like it fits."  The wolf didn't seem to have a reaction, whether it was okay with the name or not.

"Well, I guess we can-"  He was interrupted as a blonde haired man with a bird in tow broke through the crowd, walking towards him.  He asked, seemingly exasperated at his lost companion, if Drake had seen her.  As he described her, his heart skipped a beat when he heard black and wings, but realized when he said dark hair and draconic wings.  "No, I haven't, I'm sorry.  But I'm willing to help if you would like."  

Drake crossed his arms.  Draconic wings.  Like mine.  Maybe meeting her could help me figure out how to use them to fly.  Maybe she's like me and can use draconic powers.  "All right.  Well, let's see what we can do.  Do you have anything of hers?  Maybe Kiros here can track her."  

The wolf looked up to Drake with what could only be described as disdain.  Drake shook his head and sighed.  "No?  Okay…." 

Starchaser

Character Info
"Damn," Gideon muttered when the stranger mentioned that he had not seen Rynn. "I guess she went a different direction," he said with a sigh. He looked hopeful when the guy offered to help, suggesting that his magical manifestation could possibly track her. The look on the wolf's face suggested otherwise and Gideon chuckled. 

"Even if he could, I don't have anything of hers on me. She either carries it with her or left it back at the inn," he explained with shrug. He rubbed his face. "Go figure… we get lost in a coastal town with a rampaging magical rabbit on the loose coming this way, and I get separated from my partner after she goes tearing off after her spectral lynx," the half-celestial sighed. His wings fluttered in irritation. "What do you want to bet she blames me?" he asked rhetorically. He looked at this stranger and offered him a hand. "Gideon."

Firesong

Character Info
Drake couldn't help but let out a chuckle, "Hey, I understand.  Things can get really crazy, really quick.  There was one moment I was falling from the sky from a magical mishap, and the next, I was fighting a nigh indestructible lady with paralyzing blood.  Things happen, you know?" he said matter-of-factly.  "And knowing what I know of most strong willed women, she probably does…"

"Drake," he replied, taking Gideon's hand.  "So…you have some nice wings there."  His own fluttered a tad in response, but he kept his cloak tightened around them.  "I have a set of my own, though they…don't entirely work like they should.  I'm not quite used to them yet, but maybe if you took to the sky, you might be able to spot her?  Or is that frowned upon in cities like this?"  It was not something he had thought to ask, or even considered.  It wasn't as if he looked up on a regular basis to see what was flying above him, though when he though about it, it might have been a better idea to do such a thing from this point forward, lest he get caught unawares by something.

"If not, I guess we can head that way.  It seems as though most people are headed away from that general area.  If she has a lynx headed for it, perhaps it's headed towards the danger, and not away from it.  Can't hurt, right?" 

Starchaser

Character Info
"Nah, not frowned upon. I already tried it. Couldn't see her at all," Gideon replied as he leaned up against the wall of the shop behind him. "There are too many people flocking here to try and circumvent that rabbit they say is coming this way," he explained. "I'll meet up with her back at the inn eventually, I'm sure though…"

When Drake mentioned that maybe instead of heading away from the danger the lynx had been heading towards it, he realized it made a lot more sense.
"Of course it would head to the north. We NEVER get to run away from trouble," he said sarcastically. He ran a hand through his hair. "At least a giant spectral rabbit isn't THAT bad…" 

"What about you then? You here to help against the giant fluffy rodent?"