Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Sidhiel, The Living Myth > As it were... [P/R]
Shadowfang

Character Info
Name: Rynn Alzrahi
Alignment: CG
Race: Celestial Draconian
Class: Dragon Knight
Silver: 1051
"Admit it, Gideon.  We're lost."  

While it hadn't been the worst idea to pop over to Parvpora in search of Rynn's brother, Jace, it had been a mistake to lose the map to the city of Maeron that they were currently staying at.  Due to their success as temporary bards, Rynn and Gideon had little worry about their monetary situation, which was at least a bonus.  Rynn let out a sigh, "Gideon.  Let's just go back the way we came.  Or better yet, just fly up and point us in the direction of the inn already."

When they had first arrived, Rynn was excited.  The land was rife with magic, and Rynn had started to feel much better about her ability to draw on the magical reserves.  Without her star, she felt weak and helpless, but Sidhiel seemed to be teeming with magic.  She finally felt at least strong enough to be of some use.  Except, now that they were lost, Rynn realized that even drawing upon the magic of the land wasn't enough to fuel her mana reserves.  

"I've really gotten accustomed to using the star," she said, sighing to Gideon.  "I was far to dependent on it, wasn't I?"  Just like I depend on you, she thought to herself guiltily.  Sorry, Gideon.  I really am.  She shook her head.  Now wasn't the time.  "Anyway, at least we don't have to worry about silver for awhile, right?" she said excitedly, her tone changing immediately.  "And maybe we'll find a substitute star for me to use as well!"  

Things were at least looking up.  Right?
Firesong

Character Info
Name: Drake Alzrahi
Race: Celestial Dragonstar
Silver: 787
Drake let out a long sigh as he scrutinized the map.  With every step he took, he made progress towards finding his way back to Magnus and Lord Drae.  At least, he hoped so.  If not, at least he could try to make his way to the Zets'ki Mountains in search of the black winged celestial that haunted his dreams.  But for now, it was just another stop in his journey.

"It would seem," Drake muttered to himself, "That staying here wouldn't be too bad.  Take a ship back to Abed, and make my way from there," he continued on, musing about his path.  He let out another sigh as his stomach growled.  Not now.  A third sigh.  It was becoming a reoccurring trend of Drake's to be completely flat out broke and in desperate need of money.  Between his unlucky streaks at being warped across the world to petty thievery, he just couldn't make enough silver to support himself or his journey. 

At least I'm still got my charm, he joked to himself.  A fourth sigh.  At least I have a map.  And a way forward.  I can always find work.  He took a deep breath, and started back down the streets.  For the most part, he intended to avoid the middle city, as the shops there might tempt Drake into spending any hard earned coin on something he probably didn't need.  Instead, his focus remained on the docks, where he might find a hard labor job that he could easily do.  

I don't need much.  Just enough to get passage out of here and pay for food.  He started to calculate the funds in his mind.  As his mind wandered, an errant gust of wind from the sea caught him off guard, catching his map like a sail and sending it flying through the air.  

"W-wha!?" Drake yelled in surprise, trying desperately to catch the map before it flew high into the sky, carried off by the wayward wind.  He pouted, and tucked his own draconic wings tighter into his cloak.  I could go after it….if this damned wings would actually work like they're supposed to.  He let out a final sigh.

Just my luck…  

Starchaser

Character Info
Name: Gideon Starchaser
Race: Half-Celestial
Class: Star Hunter
Silver: 12048
"We aren't lost. If I could see the night sky I could tell you exactly where we— wait no, wrong planetary system," Gideon said, looking a bit frustrated. He looked around and sighed. "At this point I am not even sure what direction we came from," he said. "Freaking faerie magic is messing with my senses," he muttered. Parvpora's magic was off the scale. It reminded him of how Orion always complained of mana saturation or lack thereof. It had never been to the point where he could feel more than a simple hum in the back of his skull. Here in Sidhiel, however, it was quite distracting, if not disorienting. But, that being said, it was potent, which meant that it was going to be easier to draw on and used. 

"I can't put my finger on what the difference is between this place and the place we called home… there is more of it, it feels like, but I think that the magic from home was… wilder, harder to control, that's why you and Sera needed to focus it through a star," he mused. "But I get what you mean. It was your hard line into magic," he agreed. 

She seemed bothered for a moment, or rather burdened. He thought about asking her what was on her mind, but in an instant she was snapping back to being chipper and excited. "Yeah, right," he exhaled with a touch of a chuckle. "Dart was a life saver giving us that starter gig," he chuckled. "I did like that guy. He was very grounded," he quipped. "Well, if we are going to find one anywhere, I'll bet it will be here. I've heard Parvpora just attracts all sorts of magical odditites."

As if to confirm his statement, Gideon noticed a pale blue glow coming off of Rynn, almost like smoke. From this smoke a large cat formed with tufted ears, bearded face, and legs that looked almost too long for its powerful body and a snub tail. Gideon raised an eyebrow and pointed. "Who's your friend?" he asked, an eyebrow raised.

Shadowfang

Character Info
The intensity of magic in the area had flared to the point where even Gideon couldn't find his way.  Things were definitely looking down for the duo.  It was as if some powerful, magical event was happening around them and they were merely caught in the middle of it.  Rynn sighed, and shook her head.  It was about this point where Gideon mentioned her new 'friend', and she felt a tingling sensation as her body grew hot, releasing something behind her.

It brushed up against her legs, and she jumped in surprise, practically leaping into Gideon's arms.  "W-w-w-what the hell is that!?" she exclaimed, pointing at the pale blue creautre that had peeled itself from her.  The creature, a lynx, had jumped back and nearly fell over in surprise, same as Rynn, though it righted itself fairly quickly, and started to lick at its paw as if nothing had happened.  

Rynn narrowed her gaze at the lynx.  "It was just startled."  Almost as much as I was.  The tension left her body, and she looked to Gideon.  Her face immediately reddened, realizing her close proximity to him, and with a yelp of surprise, shoved him away.  "D-don't get so close!"  

The lynx stared at her with trained eyes, and Rynn stared back, unwavering.  This went on for a lot longer than it should have, but finally Rynn broke first, and walked up to it, her hand stroking it's blue fur.  "It's….spectral.  But it feels real.  What do you think caused it?" she asked.  "And if I have one…does that mean that you…?"  She glanced back at Gideon, and pointed.  
Starchaser

Character Info
Gideon caught Rynn as she jumped and clung to him. Funny enough, the spectral animal jumped just as bad when she shouted about. It was rather comedic, considering that cats were hilarious when startled. Of course it recovered a lot faster than its…. well, Gideon had to guess that Rynn was technically its host, since it had come from her. He realized he was still holding her, and he actually winked at the cat in thanks. 

"That would be a Lynx, Rynn," Gideon stated firmly as it started licking its paw. He felt her relax, and he started the mental countdown. 3…2…1… Sure enough, she yelped and jumped away from him. Dammit… He raised his hands, showing he had no ulterior motives to keep her in his arms. 

He watched in interest as the Lynx and Rynn had one of those staring matches that people try to have with cats that sometimes ends with the cat flipping out and attacking a persons face. He was impressed by Rynn's stamina, but she did break first. Whatever rapport it had created, the Lynx purred as she pet it, and Gideon cocked his head to the side. 
"It mana… straight up… but it is yours," he said slowly. "You know, people in Canelux kept talking about how some people who had really strong magical capabilities were manifesting animals made completely from their own magic. I think that is what has happened. Your magic has literally manifested into a physical, albeit spectral, form," he said analyzing the large cat. 

As Rynn questioned whether or not he should have one of these animals, his own magic began to manifest in a pale golden smoke behind him, and in the same burst of heat, a small falcon manifested and swooped past the pair of them to land on the Lynx's head. 

"That's a kestrel…" Gideon said, blinking. He began laughing. "I think that about sums up our relationship… Cat and Bird… go figure."

Shadowfang

Character Info
As the kestrel landed on the lynx, the lynx made a low growl, but seemed to tolerate the bird perched on it.  Rynn had taken a step back to let the two spectral animals interact.  When the lynx showed it's irritation, she stifled a laugh.  "Oh, I know.  He can be annoying, but you like that about him, don't you?  She glanced back at her feathered companion, and winked with a sly smile. 

"So how long do they last?  And that still doesn't solve the problem of being lost," Rynn stated, matter of fact like.  "In fact, this does nothing but compound the issue.  I know they're spectral and all, but do we feed them?  What if they cause a scene?  Cat's are notorious for causing scene, right?  What happens if the bird makes a mess?  Or eats someone else's manifestation?  Is that like eating a soul?  Can we even control them?"  Rynn was firing off questions, not letting Gideon have the opportunity to respond.  Oddly, she wasn't even panicking.  If anything, she was just trying to find their way in the most obtuse way possible.

"Gideon…maybe we should try talking to someone?  I know they keep giving us weird stares, but maybe some of the traders would be a little more willing to lend aid to a foreigner."  Rynn crossed her arms.  "And these two…we need to keep a keen eye on them, lest they make more trouble for us." 
Starchaser

Character Info
"Now that's just mean," Gideon said, looking at Rynn as she spoke to the Lynx. "They just don't appreciate us, do they?" he asked the kestrel. The bird cocked its head to the side before it flew off its head and went and landed on Gideon's shoulder and nipped at his ear. 

"No clue. This is isn't a common occurrence from what I've heard," he replied. "And I know it doesn't, but I haven't heard you offer a solution," he said flatly as he folded his arms across his chest. "They are made of magic, they don't need sustenance," Gideon added. "If they cause a scene, blame the giant spectral rabbit," he said thumbing in the general direction of north where the giant rabbit had been said to  have been making its way south towards them. "Have you ever seen a cat? They are more inclined to watch the world burn than actual cause problems… unless that involved trying to murder an individual by tripping them on the stairs," he pointed out. "You are over thinking it. She's over thinking this, isn't she?"  He was barely able to get in these sentences, since she kept ratting off questions. 

The Kestral flapped its wings and the lynx yowled slightly, almost offended at the thought of causing trouble. 
"Great, let's go ask for directions," Gideon said. "Never let it be said that I can't be reasonable or logical. Asking for directions is a simple task."

Shadowfang

Character Info
Rynn rolled her eyes, and started to walk.  The lynx yawned, and stretched itself out before trotting to Rynn's side, matching her pace.  It didn't take long for the small group to find a food stall.  They were selling various dried meats, to which Rynn;'s stomach rumbled.  She glanced to Gideon, her eyes practically pleading.  

"Please tell me we have the funds to spare to buy a little something," she asked as she held out her hand.  It had been decided that Gideon would hold on to the money; Rynn had a terrible habit of spending it all on various trivial things, whether it be a brand new sword, or a pretty piece of jewelry to match her eyes.  So as it stood, it was up to Gideon whether or not she would get a treat.  

As if to add to his plight, the lynx rubbed up against his legs, purring loudly.  The lynx was definitely a manifestation of Rynn's will, mannerisms in all.  

"Oh, right!" she said aloud as she turned back to the shopkeep.  "Could you maybe point us back to the docks?  I know it should be simple, but as of now, this whole…magical event thing going on has us a bit turned around, and we're not from here.  It would be greatly appreciated an-"  She glanced down to see the lynx sniffing the dried jerky, and her stomach growled again.  

"I know, lynxy," she said, petting it.  "We're hungry."  It was strange, how quickly Rynn had adapted to the situation.  But to be fair, after being in a war against all odds, having a cat made from one's own mana was a trivial in comparison.  And hey, the kestrel is cute too.  Just like….  She blushed, and returned her focus to the shopkeep.  
Starchaser

Character Info
Gideon moved his hand back to the pouch on his hip and pulled a couple of coins out of it and handed it to Rynn. "How much will that get us? You aren't the only one with a stomach at the moment," he commented as his own stomach growled. His kestrel chirruped from where it perched on his shoulder. 

"The docks? Oh, simple, really. Turn around and take that street, and it will take yeh right back to the ocean. From there, you just go to where the ships are," the man said pointing. 

Gideon turned and looked straight down the road that they had literally just came from. "You are joking, right?"
"No, sir, wouldn't lie to a customer like that," the elf promised. 

Gideon sighed. "Wow, I feel like an idiot…" he muttered. 

Shadowfang

Character Info
"That would be, because you are one sometimes, Gideon," Rynn replied as she handed him a piece of the dried meat.  She took a bite out of her slice, and started the chew.  The flavor palette was so very different from the one she was accustomed to, but it was so very delicious.  "Mmm, Gideon.  We should try to mimic this recipe.  I wouldn't mind having this every now and again when we travel."

The group headed back down the street, and back towards the docks.  "So, do we have any leads of Jace to follow, or should we just start asking around for someone who looks like me, but not as pretty?" she half joked.  "Or…do lynxes or kestrels have any decent tracking abilities?"  The lynx stared at Rynn with an incredulous look.  "Oh, fine.  I know…cat's aren't really the best long range trackers.  Fine, you just sit there and look pretty for me, then.  Well, Gideon?