Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > New in town (Open)
bob_bobinson

Character Info
Name: Borton Roth
Alignment: LN
Race: Human
Class: Sorcerer
Silver: 40
After many months of travel, the young man Borton Roth has found himself in a wonderful city. Tired and weary, he heads to a bar to collect his thoughts to figure out what to do next.

Eventually Borton decides to ask the bar keep if there is anything he could do. After a bit of pondering, she says "Well, you could grab that broom there and start sweeping. I got this here jar of ale ive been meaning to get rid of." Borton nods, and gets to work.

Briefly, Borton turns and asks "I didn't catch the name on the way in. Whats the place called?" "The kyngesed." she said. "and mine is Seloua. Now get back to sweeping."
"Yes mam." says Borton as he begins sweeping again.

B. Roth
Raziel

Character Info
Name: Raziel
Alignment: TG
Race: Angel Nymph hybrid
Class:
Silver: 558
The weather had calmed. No longer was the sky angry, its loud voice had sent deep reverberations through her chest. Though she could still hear it rumbling softly in the distance. Was that storm localized in the one area? Raziel tucked the questions away for a future conversation with someone who knew the area. For now, the air surrounding her had warmed, was not damp, and no longer charged. Where she had left had felt like energy tickling along her arm.

Zander yipped excitedly, causing a small laugh to escape the four foot six angel. "What did you find, boy?" The large timber wolf bounced around her in circles as she continued her steady pace. As the pair approached the city, everything seemed to grow louder. Tools carving into the earth by farmers were being drowned out by the cascading cacophony of a myriad of voices bursting forth from the city walls. Not to mention the aromas. Damp earth had given way to growing vegetation, which was now being replaced by tantalizing cooking scents.

"Reminder: Find transportation to Canelux. Travels to Bohar are relevant." A small blue almost transparent, gem about the size of a fist with darker scrolling designs across the surface floated just above the angel's head, glowing as it spoke. "Thank you, Maurelle. I recall." This was why they were here. Staff in hand, feeling its way before her, Raziel made her way to a bar. Upon opening the door, the city sounds became muffled by the walls. Sweeping filled her ears instead.

The lavender haired angel managed to make her way over to a chair and sit down, well practiced to hide her lack of vision. Her wolf trotted over and laid down with a huff at her feet as a well trained canine. Then it hit her. There was a severe lack of voices, no clatter of dishes, as if this place was empty of patrons. "Not very busy are we? Are you actually open?" she asked… Though she probably should have asked before she sat down.

bob_bobinson

Character Info
Soon after you speak, you hear a firm yet calm voice respond: "No, m'lady. Closed up naught 15 min ago. Didn't want to leave so the lass that owns the place put me to work. Me'd think if you really want to be here it be the same story for you, but your pooch just might complicate matters."

B. Roth
Raziel

Character Info
Class:
The angel appeared disappointed as she contemplated the reply which she received. While this meant no meal, or drink, there was at least one opportunity to converse with someone. With a smile, Raziel cupped her hands under her chin, resting her elbows on the table. "Zander is no trouble whatsoever. He obeys every command I give, and protects me from any threat. The "pooch", as you call him, is my companion, my… Eyes."

The entire speech was made with her eyes staring straight ahead of her, unmoving, yet unseeing. Raziel did tilt her head slightly as she considered the refusal to leave of his. "I doubt anyone would have use for a blind herbologist here. But before I go, why did you not want to leave? Seems kind of odd, don't you think, for a place that reeks of being a bar would close this early? Aren't shops beginning to close down and their keepers seeking refreshment after a long day of haggling?" Of course, she had no clue what time of day it truly was. This was just her assumption.

bob_bobinson

Character Info
After a few moments of silence, the air hanging quite heavy,  a loud sigh fills the room. " In truth, I have been travelling for manydays, hoping to find something. I had heard of this city, and its culture of magic. Finally, i found my way here and walked in, wanting to relax to forget about my troubles. But once me did step through the door, I realised something. I had left my past behind me, but i has made no plan as to what to go to. I am far from what I know and ise far from knowing much else. So I sat down. And did nothing else for a good long time. Did nothing until ise told I had to leave or get to work, witch by that point time has escaped me. So now here we are. But that all aside, I do have to apologise. I never got your name. By what do you go by?"

B. Roth
Raziel

Character Info
Class:
A frown creased the angel's forehead as she listened to the increasingly troubled tale. It had not occurred to her that people could have left home just to run away from it all. She had forgotten that people could have harsh lives, harsh realities, that she has been sheltered from. Every passing day, Raziel thought of how hard she had it, being blind and alone, ever searching for those she knew but did not with a sick, and dying mother back home.

Knowing better than to ask, the angel smiled kindly. "Raziel. Pleasure to meet you. And your name?" While she had been traveling for quite some time now, it was probably the only thing the pair had in common. Perhaps she could help him formulate some kind of plan though? Once the thought passed her mind, it became set into stone. "Indulge me, and forgive me, but what were you before you … escaped your past? Everyone, including myself, are searching for something. But do you know for what you search?" The kindness in her voice made it clear she only desired to help.

bob_bobinson

Character Info
"Names Borton." said Borton, rather mater-of-factly. "and as far back as I can remember, ise been rather 'enchanted' by magic. The arcane arts have always been something that ise aspired to learn. By matter of nature ise always been curious. Unfortunately by maters  of blood im the son of a chieftain. A chieftain of a isolated, small minded, paranoid norfern tribe. Upon learning ove my aspirations, they where completely hostile, like ise never knew em. Couldn't continue to live in such a place. So I left. Now im here." As he finishes his speech, he leans the broom against the wall, and takes a seat. 

B. Roth
Raziel

Character Info
Class:
Raziel listened with growing interest. She had never met the son of a chieftain before. Though, her interactions with the rest of the world had been severely limited. No one came to visit Zets'Ki's Cradle often. "Small minded meaning they do not take kindly to magic and the arcane?" If it wasn't for magic, her mother would be dead right now.

As the sound of him sitting down filled her ears, Raziel started speaking her thoughts aloud. "Sounds to me you made the right decision. Might I suggest the college here? I've heard that they accept just about any who is willing to study. But if it's any consolation, my mother is dying and sent her blind daughter to look for two people. People I don't know anything about except their nicknames. Someone finally gave me a clue as to Rammie being in Bohar, and apparently she has a set of large wings like me. Um… Is the owner going to be alright with us talking like this?"

Deep in the back of her mind, something tickled her thought processes. It was what she said. "Large wings like me." Does she really know them?

bob_bobinson

Character Info
"They dont trust it. Cant explain it so they fear it." He says this as he remembers his last few days in his tribe. "… and Id have to agree." would have cut me down if i had stayed. Fed me to the dogs they would. "Ill be sure to check out the college." Years and years of bonds just thrown away. "Its a shame about your mother." They gave no second thought to chasing me away. "id think that we should be able to talk. Im basically done sweeping." It was inevitable. Couldnt hide forever. Couldnt hide forever. Couldnt hide forever

B. Roth
Raziel

Character Info
Class:
Borton sounded as if he was distracted, trailing off between statements. It was hard to imagine living in a group of people who were so set in ideals, they'd reject anything new. The angels did not know what had caused her blindness, or how to fix it. So they accepted it as part of her, and found ways to teach around it. What he described was a nightmare in comparison.

"I am sorry, it pains me to hear about such closed-minded people. If Zets'Ki Cradle was like that, I don't know where I'd be." The diligence of herbology training, learning by feel and scent. The long hours spent in the healing ward to identify and treat a plethora of injuries quickly, and efficiently with minimal undue pain from her exploratory fingers.

"Without their acceptance, their efforts, I would never have made it this far alone. Granted, there have been some harsh bumps, but this journey has been enlightening. Don't let them get you down. Look at this as a stepping stone in the path to becoming who you were meant to be." It was an unrequested piece of advice, but it fit. For both of them as well. "As for Mother, she is old. Who knows how long she existed before finding my father, and how long after that before she came with child. But I'm almost a century old, so I know she's maybe a half century older?" Raziel blushed, realizing she was speaking so openly about herself to a relative stranger.