Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Republic of Iria > Iria City > Reaver, the Conqueror [P,R]
Marth

Character Info
Name: Marth Coralax
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Battlemage, "Redeemer and Destroyer"
Silver: 399
“I didn’t give you the opportunity to hold back,” Marth replied flatly to Dalanesca’s quip, with a hint of a smirk. “Besides,” he said, looking at Dalanesca, his smirk even wider. “I have a view from here, and art can be savoured even from a distance,” he said, before his attention was once again turned to his food.

When Dalanesca emerged from behind the partition, Marth found himself looking at her new features closely. He looked Dalanesca in the eye and smiled, with a hint of playfulness. “Well hello, there, beautiful. You must be the second sexiest woman I have ever seen,” he said, in what was a painfully obvious attempt to be smoother than he really was. He quickly wolfed down the rest of his breakfast, bringing the death toll up to seven slices of bread, two eggs, a whole lot of bacon, and other food items besides. “Alright,” he said, “Off we go to finish the job.”

Marth and Dalanesca headed to the Skylance and teleported into Revaliir once more. Marth was carrying a mage’s staff instead of the Dragon Lance, for obvious reasons - but the two weapons were connected, and Marth could summon his spear if he needed to. But for now, he was carrying a regular mage’s staff.

Marth led Dalanesca to what he knew would be a great point from which to begin their sleuthing operation - the students of the Mage’s Academy were infamous gossips, and entry to campus only required you were once a student. Marth had been, and had the alumni signet to prove it. He showed it at the entrance, and both he and Dalanesca were allowed to tour the campus.

There were many rumours flying about. The most reliable ones came from children of wealthy or influential families, students who overheard their parents do this or that. Two claimed that their parents wanted to investigate Kavesz for practising forbidden magic, and a third said that a tribunal squad would be assembled to carry out the arrest. Almost all the children said that people had been shocked and disgusted at Kavesz’s apparent felony. What was more, one student divulged that Kavesz had been seen visiting one of his warehouses the previous night, and apparently picked up a chest. Where said chest had wound up was impossible to say, but it seemed to be an artifact of some importance.

Once Marth and Dalanesca had met up and was heading out, they could overhear the talk of a few graduates. They spoke Adelunian, and it was clear they were all from Canelux - children of merchants, knights, and nobes, who had been sent to study the craft of magic overseas.

I, for one, would destroy them both given the chance,” said a woman in her twenties, firmly gripping an elaborate staff. “I am positive the gods wouldn’t abide such demons, even here in Parvpora,” she continued, to which a large number of her peers nodded. They all carried some sort of jewelry in tribute to the Conclave.

While most of the students were getting to a consensus that the woman was right, Marth pulled at Dalanesca’s sleeve. “Hang on,” he said in a low tone, gesturing at the students. “Members of the parish. A club for the few religious students at the Academy,” he said, indicating he wanted to see how the conversation turned out. The group of students, numbering about thirty or so, seemed to have come to an agreement when another young woman spoke up.

I was there,” she said, to which the group responded with silence and a stare.

Well?” Said the other woman, clearly the most outgoing in the group. “If you were a witness, surely you have some kind of thought on the event,” she demanded, to which the other student nodded.

I do,” she confirmed, looking a little insecure. “It was carnage. Pure carnage. They were both vicious, but…” She fell silent, her shyness getting the better of her.

Well, don’t leave us hanging, Grethe,” said the other one, clearly keen to hear what she had to say. “But what? You think there’s something we’re missing?

The shyer woman - named Grethe, apparently - spoke up again. “Well, ja,” she said, her brow furrowed in thought. “There was something rather odd about the demon’s behaviour,” she said, to which the group responded with silent anticipation. “He was rather loud about them parting ways. The whole avenue could hear him call the senator a demon summoner,” she said, scratching the back of her head. “But demons are your field, Neldes. You’re the one who wanted to be a demon hunter - what do you think?

The woman named Neldes thought about it for a moment. “That is odd,” she conceded.

The group kept talking about it for some time, apparently more keen on exploring each other’s thoughts and debating than they were actually doing anything. Marth looked at Dalanesca, then back to the group. “Think we could recruit them to our cause?” he asked. “They would be useful. They know the city and are children of furnished homes. They’ll expand our reach quite a lot,” he said.

- High priest of the Justiciar, titled Redeemer and Destroyer.
- Marth's alter ego, Reaver, is -not- a demon. Rather, it is a result of a demon's exorcism - a mental scar that won't go away. Reaver is, however, CE.
- Marth is deceptively strong in combat, though easy to misdirect when destabilized.
- Voice Actor: Michael Bell (Raziel)
- Theme song: Dragonforce - Soldiers of the Wasteland (Marth) / Blue Stahli - Takedown (Reaver)
- My name is NOT "Tom".
Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
After a bit of eyerolling and laughter at Marth’s reaction to her new appearance, the pair had successfully found themselves in Revaliir once more.  It was odd being with Marth but not being with Marth, and it was certainly going to throw her off for a short while.  She had, of course, concealed a few blades in strategic places within her gown, but she did not rely on the steel as much as she once had thanks to her newfound divine powers.

When the two had been sent off on their own separate tours of the campus, Dalanesca kept her ears alert for any mutterings that she could hear.  Most of the things that the students rambled about had nothing to do with what she was listening for, but a few choice things caught her attention.  A couple of students mentioned something about Kavesz being investigated by their parents for dark magic, and another said that there had been a strange pickup by Kavesz in the night, something about an odd chest.

When she met back up with Marth, Dalanesca opened her mouth to speak to him - but snapped it shut again when a few students near them began to speak, wanting to hear what they had to say.  She fought back the urge to correct the student who made a comment about the gods not abiding demons - something along the lines of ‘You’re wrong, a god is in LOVE with one of those demons,’ but she knew that Marth would most likely not appreciate her blowing their cover.  Instead, she remained silent until the group was done speaking.  

Dalanesca nodded at Marth’s question.  “I think you could be right,” she said.  “And of course, if they aren’t willing to listen to pure vocal reason… we could always… encourage them,” she added, that devious glint returning to her eyes.  It wasn’t quite clear as to whether she meant showing them her true divinity, or physical coercion… Either way, there were options available to the pair if merely speaking to the students didn’t help.  She gave Marth a knowing glance, letting him know that if they were to approach the students, he would need to be the one to do it.  He knew the way that mages thought and spoke, whereas she did not.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Marth

Character Info
Marth nodded, and headed over to the group of mages. “Svijetlo dana,” he greeted, to which they responded with nods and curious expressions. Marth suddenly realized that since he was in Clive’s form, he didn’t look as old as he actually was - and seniority was a big thing for the mages of the college. He cleared his throat. “Is there somewhere we could speak in private?” he asked, in Adelunian this time. The group looked a little perplexed. “Why?” asked Neldes. Marth looked at Grethe, his expression and voice flat. “The demon whose behaviour was peculiar killed his last victim by snapping his neck, immediately after tearing out his achilles.” The girl named Grethe’s eyes widened. “He was there,” she said, and that was that.

Once the group was in a private room - a laboratory for alchemists - Marth took a deep breath. “What I am about to show you might prompt some aggressive responses from you. I urge you to put such base thoughts aside, and observe as academics,” he said, to which the group eagerly nodded. What was this odd fellow about to show them? Marth held his staff forth, and called out. “Re-equip: Dragon Lance,” he said, and the staff was immediately swapped for his iconic weapon. The woman named Grethe let out a yelp. “You’re him. You’re the demon,” she cried out. The group recoiled, some of them looking prepared for violence. Neldes in particular looked aggressive. “This had better have an excellent explanation, demon,” she said. Marth simply smiled.

“I am no demon,” he said, looking at Neldes. “Go ahead and attempt to banish me.” The woman looked skeptical, but did as she was bid, and cast a greater banish spell - which naturally provoked no response from Marth. Neldes took a step back, humming. “He’s not a manifestation,” she said, looking at Marth. “He may be possessed, though.” Marth looked at Neldes, smiling still. “Close. I was once. A demon called Reaver,” he said, to which neles visibly paled. “Violence manifest?” she asked, to which Marth nodded. “Kavesz sent me out to find one of the shards. I found the Marauder shard,” he explained. The group looked both a little afraid and fascinated. “I was exorcised about a year ago,” he continued. “But by then I had gotten acclimatized to demonic magic,” he said further, which propted some ‘aaaah’s of understanding from the group of students. “I am here to tear Kavesz down and destroy a shard I suspect to be in his possession. But since I was forced to assume the role of a demon, I am no longer welcome in the city,” he continued. Neldes narrowed her eyes. “And how do you intend to destroy it?” she asked.

Marth chuckled. “I am the Redeemer and Destroyer. I have my means,” he said, looking at Dalanesca. “As does my mistress,” he said. The whole group looked at Dalanesca wide-eyed. “She’s… No way,” said Neldes. Marth looked at Dalanesca again. “Care to show them, milady?” he asked. “I’m sure they have your likeness in their clubhouse by now,” he explained. Some of the group nodded enthusiastically. Neldes looked awestruck, but terrified more than anything. Despite this, she spoke with some sass. “I’ll verify that it is not some sort of illusion,” she said, her staff at the ready.

- Marth's alter ego, Reaver, is -not- a demon. Rather, it is a result of a demon's exorcism - a mental scar that won't go away. Reaver is, however, CE.
- Marth is deceptively strong in combat, though easy to misdirect when destabilized.
- Theme song: Dragonforce - Soldiers of the Wasteland (Marth) / Blue Stahli - Takedown (Reaver)
- My name is NOT "Tom".
Dalanesca

Character Info
Dalanesca followed closely behind Marth, remaining silent while he addressed the group of students.  She was highly amused by the response that one particular student had when Marth revealed he knew intricate details of the happenings that had taken place with Senator Kavesz, but she contained her amusement and kept a solemn expression.  She knew it would be important, were they to need her true identity to help further their pull with this particular group of students.  

As they entered a different room, far from the prying eyes of any passerby in the more public location they had been in, Dalanesca stayed off to the side, allowing Marth to have center stage.  As far as the students could be concerned presently, she was merely Marth’s companion in whatever effort he was attempting by speaking to them.  She could not help but crack a bit of a smile at his dramaticism as he allowed his mage’s staff to be replaced by the Dragon Lance once more.  When the students seemed ready for a fight, Dalanesca stood her guard, though not in any way the students would be able to notice.  

As Marth gave his explanation to the students, she found herself reminiscing about the time Marth had explained the same to her - though the explanation she had been given had been quite a bit more graphic than that which he was offering to the young mages.  It was, however, interesting to see how easily they understood what he explained.  It had taken her quite a while to adjust to the fact that Marth was not, in fact, possessed, but that he still had the… affliction, if one could refer to it as such, that was Reaver.  

Marth chuckled. “I am the Redeemer and Destroyer. I have my means,” he said, looking at Dalanesca. “As does my mistress,” he said. The whole group looked at Dalanesca wide-eyed. “She’s… No way,” said Neldes. Marth looked at Dalanesca again. “Care to show them, milady?” he asked. “I’m sure they have your likeness in their clubhouse by now,” he explained. Some of the group nodded enthusiastically. Neldes looked awestruck, but terrified more than anything. Despite this, she spoke with some sass. “I’ll verify that it is not some sort of illusion,” she said, her staff at the ready.

Soon, it was her turn to make a revelation.  She stepped forward as Marth addressed her, a small smile on her face.  “If you insist,” she said, and within moments she appeared as herself once more, save the different style of dress.  “It is true, what he says.”  She spoke with a much stiffer tone than usual, but she knew that an air of authority would go a long way in this situation.  “Come, we must step outside for what I am about to show you.”  She motioned for the group to follow her and made her way outside, into a small, secluded courtyard that she had seen during her tour of the campus.  

“Math, instruct Clive to retrieve us,” she said, clearly indicating the entire group.  When he obliged, the group blinked out of sight in Wyllmochvar, reappearing in the Tower of Redemption and Destruction.  “Welcome to the Blinded Scales,” Dalanesca said as she stepped out in front of the group.  “I, of course, am the Justiciar - but I think you have figured that out by now,” she said, with a bit of a wink.  She walked over towards one of the windows, from which she could see both Sanctus and Malum.  “You’re a very lucky lot.  Very few are allowed into my realm without first passing through either the Black or the White city,” she added. 

She allowed the students, including Neldes, their time to check for any illusions.  When they were satisfied that Dalanesca was, in fact, who she claimed to be (though still quite awe-stricken), she spoke once more.  “Master Coralax here thinks that you lot could be a good addition to our cause,” she said.  “I’ll let him explain - but it is truly up to each one of you if you wish to aid us.  Just know that, should you assist us, you will forever be in the good graces of a Triune Goddess.  I hear that’s a pretty good thing to have,” she said.  Truth be told, she was very entertained by the fact that she was able to be a bit eccentric and overdramatic.  It was very unlike her, but it was a bit fun… and she did need to help Marth recruit them.

Marth

Character Info
Marth let Dalanesca take over the procedure of convincing the young mages to join their cause. He watched with some glee as Dalanesca awed the students several times over, and complied when told to get Clive to pick them up. That particular course of action had been his general idea, anyway, so he had already telepathically told Clive to stand by at the tower. He didn’t even have to say anything - he just looked up at the sky and made a gesture, and Clive, who was observing the whole thing, immediately teleported the entire party to the Blinded Scales.

“Now. I’d like to get any questions out of the way before I explain what I want you all to do,” he said, standing in a militant at-ease posture, looking over the group. Neldes, Grethe, and the rest of the wizards (they numbered about a score) talked amongst themselves for about a minute, coming to an agreement on what to ask as per the democratic procedure encouraged by the Mages’ Academy. When they came to an agreement, they addressed the pair once again, with Neldes speaking for the group.

We are satisfied that you are who you say you are,” she began, having understood that at least Marth preferred to be spoken to directly and without excessive formality. “Naturally, as pious mages of Canelux, we are at your command, my lady Dalanesca.” She then addressed Marth directly, with questions. “We would, however, like to know whether you really are a graduate of the academy, what you were before you were Redeemer and Destroyer, and what exactly you plan to do,” she said. “We are satisfied you are not a demon, as you are in service to a lady of the Triune. You need not share these details if you would prefer not to.

Marth nodded, satisfied with the group’s reply. He decided to speak as concisely as possible, so as to avoid overcomplicating matters while time was still a factor that needed to be considered. “I was, fourteen years ago. Kavesz was my mentor, who taught me command, martial theory, and dracomancy. I moved on to become a CO of the expeditionary forces, and was a captain when I was possessed.” He gauged Neldes’ reaction, and both her and the group seemed happy with what they’d heard, at least for the time being. “What we want you to do is to assist us in keeping an eye on Kavesz’s assets, and join the fight when called upon. He’s a threat to all humanity, tampering with forces he cannot possibly comprehend.”

After a few more minutes of back and forth - establishing a reliable communications line by way of a student specializing in psionics, assigning tasks to various teams in the group (5 teams of 4 students each, with Grethe, Neldes, and the psion as an auxiliary team to handle management. Grethe, it turned out, specialized in healing magic, and it made sense for her to be equidistant from the other teams. As they organized themselves, Marth went over to Dalanesca. “Well, that went smoother than I expected,” he said, grinning. “Look at these guys. Minimal preparation and explanation, and they’re organizing themselves so neatly.” He looked back at Dalanesca. “Now you know where I have it from,” he said, jokingly, poking her side with his elbow.

Shortly thereafter, Neldes approached. “We’re ready, my lady,” she said, clearly awaiting instructions. Marth stepped in, assuming control. “I am the one you address in the field,” he said, “as I am the highest-ranking mortal in this realm.” He looked at Dalanesca, smiling. “And her elder,” he said, good-naturedly. He looked back at Neldes, his tone more serious. “We’re headed back to Wyllmochvar. Your planning is done?” When Neldes nodded in reply, Marth looked at Clive and gave him the go-ahead.

In about ten minutes, each team was in position, mingling with people around them. Marth and Dalanesca sat with Neldes, Grethe, and the psion Fjándìnn, in one of the city’s many teahouses. Marth was sipping on a cup of coffee (“Oh, I’ve missed this,”) while the students seemed to prefer iced tea. Telepathic reports from strategic locations in the city were pouring in, as each member of each team was looking for specific markers. Marth looked at Dalanesca while Neldes and Fjándìnn talked to one another, relaying messages back and forth. “Maybe we should consider hiring these guys,” he said in a hushed tone, only half-joking. “Look at these guys,” he said, looking at the students, smiling fondly. It was evident that Marth liked these young mages - they reminded him of his own days as a student, happy times with few worries.

- My name is NOT "Tom".
Dalanesca

Character Info

Dalanesca nearly winced as Neldes referred to her as ‘my lady,’ but she managed to hide her discomfort from the group.  She was not a fan of titles or formalities, but she was also beginning to learn that they were quite necessary to uphold her authority over her underlings.  While she still preferred for those closest to her to refer to her by her given name, she did not stop those such as this group of mages from referring to her in the proper ways.  When the students seemed satisfied with her, she took a few steps towards Marth, standing proudly by his side as he addressed them.  

She raised an eyebrow at Marth, laughing as he jabbed at her side.  “And here I was, thinking that you were an anomaly,” she said, giving him a quick smile.  She hadn’t much experience with mages of any sort, not personally anyway, and it was nice to see Marth interacting with his own kind of people - it gave her a little more insight about his behavior and mannerisms.  She loved Marth through and through, but every once in awhile she found herself perplexed by some of the things that he did.  

Dalanesca gave Neldes an approving nod as she informed her that the group was prepared.  She allowed Marth to step forward, herself taking a step back - though she gave him a bit of a playful glare as he referred to himself as being her elder. She was never offended by such a comment - she knew that Marth had nothing but respect for her.  She said nothing, allowing him to address Neldes and in turn the group.  After a few more minutes of discussion, the group was sent back to Wyllmochvar, with the help of Clive and the Skylance.  Dalanesca always felt a bit silly using the contraption, but she knew that Marth was quite proud of it.  Were they travelling in Canelux, she would have been able to simply transport the group as a whole - but travelling to Parvpora was a bit of a different story.  She had enough power left in that area to transport herself, and possibly Marth as well - but a group the size that they were travelling in would have been a difficult task.

A cup of steaming tea sat before Dalanesca. She reached forward and took a large gulp of the scalding liquid, relishing in the way it burned her throat as she swallowed.  She set the teacup back down with a clink on its saucer, giving Marth a brief smile.  “Perhaps, after the task at hand is taken into account, they can be offered residence at the Scales in return for their continued service,” she said, obviously contemplating what Marth had said even though he had said it off handedly.  “I think they’ll be rather useful to us,” she added.  A smile crossed her lips, a full blown grin - but it was not due to her looking at the students - it was because she enjoyed seeing Marth in his element, and these were his people.  

After a few moments she took another sip of her tea and spoke to Marth in a very quiet, very serious tone.  “We need to get a move on if we want any chance of this being successful,” she said, giving way to the fact that she was getting rather antsy.

Marth

Character Info
Marth looked at Dalanesca, picking up on her antsiness instantly. He leaned back in his seat, shaking his head gently with eyes closed, before taking a sip of his coffee cup. He put the cup back down and gazed out the window. “In Adeluna, there is a saying. ‘Don’t just stand there, do something’. Its meaning is obvious, but here in Wyllmochvar, another approach is encouraged,” he said, before looking back at Dalanesca, leaning forward, and raising a finger. “Don’t just do something, stand there!” He leaned back in his seat again, his expression serious. “We reveal our hand now, and you can be certain we’ll regret it. Kavesz has always been an ace at turning a situation - in fact, he’s responsible for my skill at it.” He looked out the window again, how brow furrowed. “As it stands, time is on our side. He has to make a move before we do. And with the kids, surprise is ours to utilize.

Just then, Neldes poked him in the side, and Marth turned with a perked eyebrow. “Yes?” The young enchantress looked serious. “One of our scryers is picking up on a cart that just left one of Kavesz’s locales. A container within is sealed. Our scryer…” Marth nodded, understanding. He looked at Dalanesca, and gave her a firm nod. Go time. He turned back to Neldes. “He senses nothing. Indiscernible to most, but very telling. The moment we move to sieze it, Kavesz will show himself - I’m sure of it. Have the teams rendezvous. Where should we strike?” Neldes looked at a map, drawing up lines to correspond with her incoming reports. “Here. Two seconds northeast of foxtrot.” She pointed at a location just outside the reach of the main city guard, along the cart’s predicted field of movement. Marth got up from his seat, and without another word, got on the move.

As the group moved into position, Marth grabbed a hold of Dalanesca’s sleeve and pulled her in for a kiss. “Luck,” he said, even though he wasn’t particularly nervous or superstitious. The cart was approaching, and the group was just outside the city limits. Kavesz was nowhere to be seen, but Marth had no doubt he’d turn up quickly enough if the cart containing the Shard of Reaver was attacked. As the cart approached, marth began to flinch a bit. He looked at the cart, intently - and feeling the demonic resonance within. “It’s there, alright,” he said, through gritted teeth. “And this shard is intense,” he continued, which drew a glance from Neldes. “You didn’t tell us you were still attuned to them.” Marth looked at the enchantress with a glare - the discomfort was making him irritable, as was Reaver’s creaming in the back of his head. “I was posessed by pure magic energy for a year and a half, with barely a year to recover. Do the fucking math,” he replied, too sharply. To her credit, Neldes realized the situation, and decided to put her faith in Dalanesca, if not in Marth himself. “Apologies, sir. Shall we proceed?” Marth’s expression softened a bit, and he nodded.

Three minutes later, there was still no Kavesz in sight, and the chest had been opened. It had been implied all along that Dalanesca was probably better off handling the physical shard, as the demon within would be destroyed the instant it tried to possess a deity. Marth was positively fuming. “Where is he!? He should have been here by now!” In his frustration, caused by his desire to see Kavesz punished for his actions and intensified by the powerful demonic presence nearby, Marth kicked the chest that had been transporting the item. His eyes flared red as he kicked, and whether the force that sent the chest flying in splinters was demonic or draconic was hard to say. The students all looked at one another nervously, still in formation. One of them spoke up - Fjándinn, the psion, noticed the changes in Marth’s psyche. He sent a telepathic message to Dalanesca, one that marth would be unable to hear. All due respect, my lady, but sir Marth is getting dangerously close to psychotic. We need to remove that artifact’s influence soon, or I fear what might happen if he snaps. Beyond mere anger, I’m sensing bloodthirst - a lot of bloodthirst - barely half of which is his own. The young psion flinched as Marth threw him an angry glare, but the dracomancer quickly turned away - he was just angry, and Fjándinn was unlucky enough to catch his gaze. Still, it served to emphasize the young psion’s point - Marth was growing increasingly volatile.

- My name is NOT "Tom".
Dalanesca

Character Info
Dalanesca stared rather pointedly at Marth as he explained to her how rushing into the situation would be detrimental to their cause.  It made sense - she had spent the majority of her time in Adeluna before her ascension when she was not travelling to fulfill contracts - of course she was going to be of the mindset of those people.  “You scholarly type always like to take your time,” she muttered under her breath, though her demeanor would give way to Marth that she truly understood and was not going to argue with him. “When you’re right, you’re right,” she said, defeated, and took another sip of her tea as he gazed out the window.

She shifted her eyes to watch Neldes as she approached Marth, finding her method of getting his attention rather perplexing. She listened carefully to the exchange between the two, returning Marth’s nod with one of her own.  She understood that this was it - this was the signal they had been waiting for.  She did not move right away, but instead finished listening to the discussion between the two, not interjecting in the slightest.  She understood what was needed of her, and she waited to rise from her seat until Marth had done so himself.

She found herself a bit taken aback as Marth grabbed her and pulled her in for a kiss, but found herself wanting to hold it for as long as possible.  She could tell that he was not necessarily worried, but was glad nevertheless that he had given her a brief display of affection.  She returned the kiss gladly, and afterwards stood by Marth’s side as the cart came towards them.  She could sense his unease as the cart grew closer.  For a brief moment, she grasped his hand in her own, squeezing tightly.  She knew it would have no real bearing on his emotional state, but she felt compelled to show him, at least, that she was there by his side.  Dalanesca opened her mouth to say something to Neldes when she spoke, about to warn her that now was most certainly not the time to question Marth - but he spoke up rather harshly himself and Neldes seemed to understand, apologizing.  Dalanesca was glad to see that Marth’s face gave way to the fact that he understood Neldes meant no offense.  

The chest had been opened, and even Dalanesca could sense the power resonating from the shard within.  It did not affect her in the same way that it affected Marth, however with how attuned she was to the balance between darkness and light it most certainly caught her attention.  She eyed the artifact in question.  It looked much the same as the last shard she had encountered with Marth, but it also looked different.  She assumed that this was because it embodied a different aspect of Reaver, but she could not be quite sure - and now was most certainly not the time for her to question Marth about it.  Reaching into the chest, she took hold of the shard, knowing full well that she was the only person in the immediate vicinity that would garner no negative effects from being so close to it.  She held it close, tucking it away in a planned place.  

When Marth demolished the chest, she shot him a look, seeing that he was quite close to breaking.  She, too, was worried that Kavesz had not shown himself yet - but she needed to control the situation at hand more than anything.  Fjándinn shot her a mental message, and she shot one back in a sharp tone.  ”I am well aware of what these do to him - I am much more attuned to his mental state than you are,” she spat, a feeling of annoyance travelling with her words. She turned her attention away from  Fjándinn and back to Marth.  She looked at her soon-to-be husband with narrowed eyes, mentally going over the options on what she could do to.  The safest option would be to transport the entire group back to the Blinded Scales, where she could destroy the shard.  She let her gaze rest on Marth for a moment.  “I’m going to need you to focus,” she said.  Her voice was firm and commanding.  ”Marth, I need you to tell me what you need me to do next.  The Scales?  Is that the safest place to destroy it?” she asked, her eyes never leaving Marth’s - ready to transport the group back at his word.