Out-Of-Character Forums > Suggestions > Newbie Help Related to God Moding
Lou

Character Info
Name: Paradox
Alignment: TG
Race: Centaur
Class:
Silver: 8874
Naota suggested that I write this to help clarify Godmoding behavior for new role players.

If you are new to role play and struggling to understand the above concepts, I suggest you try this form of role play. I use it as my primary form and have had very little trouble with it, in regards to powerplaying and godmodding characters. This is just one of many types of role play formating, so if it doesn't fit you or your character, that's perfectly fine.

When I rp, the action and intention is stated, but the actual result is dependent on the other party.
Ex:
1st Poster (How I Post)
Sally hit Sam (action), and broke his nose (intention).

2nd Poster
Sam saw Sally tense her arm and ducked under the blow. (What Actually Happens/ed)

The character receiving the action is who determines the actual outcome of the event. Sally's creator intends to hit Sam and break his nose. That's as far as it goes.
So does Sam end up breaking his nose? Or does he duck or do something entirely different. I don't know, that's up to Sam's creator to decide. 
I just state the intention, as well as the action. That doesn't mean it necessarily happens.

This is just a format I have found simple, easy to use, and easy to understand for many role players, regardless of how novice or advanced the individual is. I also strongly advise telling the individual(s) you are role playing with, that you use this format before going to deep into your story, as this prevents a lot of unnecessary confusion and miscommunication later on. Happy rping!

I use Action & Intention Roleplay Formatting

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |

Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
I've said it to you before, I'll say it again: this is a fantastic way to get new RPers comfortable with writing without having to stress themselves out on whether anything they're doing could be considered Godmoding or Power Playing.  So many people can get worried that what they do might contradict or be incorrect to what their fellow writer(s) do in a thread, I feel like this is an excellent format to use while starting out.  But also to keep up!  I really like it, and I know that I'll start adapting it to my threads.

It would be really cool if we could think of a name for this, almost like a header tag, so that if you're writing with someone that uses this format you'll know that nothing they do is trying to force your character.  Because I know that everyone knows GM/PP is against the rules, but sometimes people slip up without meaning to or realizing it.  Some people don't realize how far GM/PP actually goes, and I feel like this would be an excellent training format to use and can help all of us keep ourselves inside the borders of GM/PP.

It could also cut down greatly on relying mainly on messages to check if something your character does would be possible or not.  Not everyone can get on every day so sometimes it can be hard to wait a day or two for someone to answer a simple question such as "Is it ok if my character hits yours?"

I just know that GM/PP can be a tricky thing to learn and get used to and fully endorse any and everything that can help people learn more about it as well as learn how to avoid doing it as easily as possible.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Lou

Character Info
Class:
Thank you Naota.

Also Mods/Admins. Would it be possible for you to delete the duplicate threads I made by mistake? I was hitting the back button to edit the thread, since there lacks a post edit button (or I merely haven't found it yet), which ended up creating more threads instead of editing an original.

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |

Lou

Character Info
Class:
We're calling this A & I Roleplay Formatting
(Action and Intention)
Just for future references.

| Caligo |
| Aspect |
| Paradox |

Dalanesca

Character Info
Name: Dalanesca
Alignment: CE
Race: Former Deity
Class: Assassin/Rogue
Silver: 10180
Hi Lou!

This is an interesting post - thank you for sharing it with us.

I will remove the duplicates for you.  In the future when you have duplicate posts, just send one of the mods (myself or Nemesis) a quick message and we can get it taken care of more quickly.

No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold… nothing satisfies me but your soul

OOC: I'm Whitney!

Lou

Character Info
Class:
Alright. Thank you Dalanesca.

| Caligo |