Out-Of-Character Forums > Suggestions > User Submitted Lore!
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905

Hello, everyone! This thread is for all of our users to submit ideas that will be used as official lore for the Revaliir wiki. We, of course, have some ground rules for everyone, so that the submitted lore pieces are uniform. We will be offering rewards in both silver and gold to pieces of lore that we use, and you will be given credit in the wiki articles. You can either post lore to this thread, or PM it to me directly.

Also, thanks to Angela Rose for the lovely header!

1. Each piece must be between 50 and 250 words. This is to ensure there is enough information, but that it isn't overwhelming.

2. The wiki articles must be written in the voice of either a player character or a non player character. The NPCs can either be of your own creation, or one of our established NPCs. Narrators can include natives of a region, or travelers, or whatever you can think of. We will be building a list of NPCs that you can use in the coming weeks.

3. It cannot be an area description. However, articles must correspond with a current area of Revaliir.

4. The article needs to fit into one of several categories. One major category is Flora and Fauna. Another is Cultural Aspects. Things that fall under here are food and drink, songs, laws and punishments, agriculture, religion, trading, customs and traditions, and clothing. Feel free to add other ideas. Folklore and history, which includes songs, legends, and tales, are another area that would be great to have ideas for.

5. All lore will be approved by the committee before addition to the wiki. We ask your understanding that just because lore is submitted, that doesn't mean that it will be added. Also, we are offering to either suggest edits to the submitted articles, or to edit them for you.

Silanus

Character Info
Name: Tacitus Silanus
Alignment: LE
Race: Human
Class: Swordman/ Battlemage
Silver: 553
We choose the region we will submit the lore in, right?

"Some men by ancestry are only the shadow of a mighty name."

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
Yes. You get to choose which region. Our only stipulations are the listed rules. :)

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Silanus

Character Info
I find little lore about the Northlands, no problem if I choose that place right?

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Ash

Character Info
Name: Ash
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Paladin
Silver: 210
The highlands are in the process of being rewritten, I would wait for the new description before trying to write anything but yes that would be fine!

Silanus

Character Info
I will write only folk tales, myths or even religion, then! Sorry if I ask too many questions ^~^

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

Ash

Character Info
Name: Ash
Race: Rosenite
Class: Paladin
Silver: 210
:) I prefer if you ask questions! No such thing as too many.

Silanus

Character Info
Ok, I've done some myths about the Steppes, here it goes!

The orcs, fabled warriors, often described as beasts, are feared and respected in all Canelux, maybe all the world; But… Who are they? A legend goes among the orcs, legends that speak about their origins.

Legend says that orcs were once peaceful, beatiful and smart creatures. Their looks were beyond imaginable, some said they were the perfect creatures, the sons of the divines! Ironically, this ended some day, when their traits slowly made them arrogant, and this led to a sad story…

The orcs became arrogant; under the false impression that they were perfect, they stopped worshipping the Gods, not only that but also closed their gates to any other species. This caused the Gods' wrath, and transformed every orc in their opposite: Horrible, dumb, warlover creatures… Their civilization was now badly managed and led the cities to fall and the nation to separate in a lot of clans…

Of course, this is just a legend, for now nobody knows if this is true or not, however, becoming to what they once where is an orc's deepest dream.

-Marcus Annaeus Lucanus.

TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Name: Tristana Deformem
Class: At the moment she is a traveler
Silver: 302
So this is my idea for a folk story that could be spread anywhere. My original idea was that it was created in the Corval Basin a long time ago. It would probably be used to teach children about the importance of intelligence or just be a fun little story. 

—————————
Once upon a time there was a clever little rabbit. This rabbit was poor and slow so tried to steal a golden radish away from a dragon in order to sell it for food. A dragon is a very dangerous creature with fierce claws and powerful wings. It could bite off the head of a bear in one strike! Yet the foolish rabbit, still drawn in by the beauty of the golden radish, tried to steal it. Trickster rabbit sneaked into the cave trying to be as quiet as possible. Inside the cave was a mound of gold and atop the pile was the treasure that she had been looking for. When she reached up to grab it with her teeth, a loud roar could be heard within the cave. The rabbit jumped back in fear shivering as she saw a scaley golden head appear from behind the gold.

"YOU!" A booming voice shouted, "HOW DARE YOU COME INTO MY CAVE!"

Then the dragon actually saw the rabbit and realized how small and feeble it was.

"Small creature. Why have you so foolishly entered my cave?"
The dragon asked.

The rabbit held her ears back and answered in fear, "I was drawn in by that beautiful golden radish." She said, "I have so little and you have so much. I must starve over the winter while you live in luxury. I am small and easily able to be destroyed. All I would want is a golden radish in order to feed myself and my friends."

The dragon thought for a moment, for he was a rather kind dragon and could see what the rabbit said was true.

"I will not give you what you desire. That is something you must earn. However I can give you something else, if you prove that you are worthy. You must pass my riddles and prove your intelligence." The dragon then came nearer to the rabbit. "The first riddle, It only eats smallest creatures and is one of the largest creatures on this world. What is it and why? Second riddle, What is destroyed by fire to begin again but is not a phoenix? Lastly, When it's gone it's called new, when it's full you only see half of it. What is it?"

The rabbit pondered and thought about these riddles. After a few moments it came up with an answer.

"For the first riddle, the answer is a whale. A whale eats tiny fish but is considered one of the largest animals in the ocean. For the second riddle, the answer is a Lodgepole tree. When the tree is burned, it's acorns split apart and the seeds fall onto the ground, as a result new trees are formed. For the last riddle, the answer is the moon. When it is considered gone some of the people say a new moon is forming. When it is considered full only a half of the moon can be seen." The clever rabbit said. 

"Correct." The large dragon said, "In reward for your intelligence, I will give you and all your kind a gift. You will be known as the tricksters of the world. Your kind will become fast, clever, and will be able to dig holes to hide in. And you, clever rabbit, will have the power to become invisible, to change into almost any creature you desire, and you will be able to turn water into wine. Now you won't ever have to try to steal from a dragon again. And I will have some fine entertainment watching your antics. But be warned, if you take your tricks too far, only doom will await you." 

The rabbit thanked the dragon and left into the world to cause mischief and delight. That was how the rabbit trickster was created. 
——————————

A small story, I hope it's not too many words. I also know that realistically a dragon probably can't do all of that power giving but this is also a story made up by people who don't know dragons very well. But I am willing to change the dragon to a more powerful being if need. :)

“Your choices are your own. The past doesn’t excuse now.”