Out-Of-Character Forums > Help > Just a Couple of Questions
Padexin

Character Info
Name: Aries Alba
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Elemental Ranger: Uses long ranged weapons alongside elemental magic, sometimes in unison
Silver: 204
Hello! I'm looking for a new RP site, and I think you guys are it; but first, I have some questions about character creation and whatnot

1.)I'm pretty confused on how the spells work, are they consumable? Do I have to re-buy a spell every time I use it? 

2.) There's a thing in the lore that says not to use anything post-Middle Ages, and I was wondering if that included concepts as well? I wanted to create a character that knew Calculus and basic physics, but I was wondering if that might be pushing it. For reference, Calculus was discovered in the 17th century

2a.) In connection to the above, is it possible for me to research magic in a scientific way? Like, would that be allowed? I figured, if that were the case, the best place to study would be the Magic Academy in Parvpora, but if there's a more suitable place around, I'd love to hear about it
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
First off, hello and welcome to the site!  We hope you do make it one of your RP homes :3  To start with your questions:

1. So basically how the spells work, is they are unlimited so long as you've actually purchased them.  Consider your purchase of a spell as your character 'having trained in that spell'.  It's up to you how strong or weak they are, etc, just be sure not to power play or godmode and you'll be fine!  Once you buy that spell, that spell is permanently yours on that account.  So, if you make another account with a completely new character, then you have to buy that spell again but only on that NEW account.

2. This one seems tricky but it's actually a lot more simple :3  We more want to make sure that the world stays in the 'past' so to speak.  Meaning we don't want any electronic tech, or skateboards, anything that's from the modern era or passed what we all recognize as medieval time periods.  As for concepts, this is much more…I don't want to use the word 'lax', but you're a lot more free with ideas.  Of course don't have your character 'invent an Ipad', but new ideas?  That's fine, so long as you don't go overboard.  Tarishitar is one of the most advanced cities for its strives with airship technology, which is a great blend of magic and science.  For more information and help with different forms of math and whatnot, we actually just added an article in the wiki about measurements of the time period to help you if that's your fancy :3 ( click this link: https://revaliir.com/wiki/lore/global_almanac/methods_of_measurement/ )

2a. Of course!  As stated above Tarishitar is a great example of how societies in the world of Revaliir have explored magic in a scientific way.  This is up to your imagination!  Just remember not to let it go further past the medieval realm.  

I hope this helped you!  Feel free to keep asking if anything doesn't make sense :D

And again, welcome!

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Padexin

Character Info
Class: Elemental Ranger: Uses long ranged weapons alongside elemental magic, sometimes in unison
Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for answering! That clears things up. I won't invent something like, as you said, an iPad or something (that'd be really dumb, I feel); I mostly just know projectile physics, and wanted to use it for that. Thanks again for answering! 
Naota

Character Info
Sure thing!  As for anything that's projectile, just be sure it's not already available in the shops.  If there's anything in the shops close enough to what your character would come up with, you'd need to buy that weapon and sub it.  Just be sure to check first so that you get the best bang for your buck and can do exactly what you want!  :D  We can always help you figure out which weapon would work best for you, so feel free to post in the Help Forum if and when that time comes :3

God Rules:
Padexin

Character Info
Alright, cool!

One last thing, how do you earn money?
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
Naota has most everything right. The Mage Academy in Wyllmochvar is considered to be the best place for magical study, though magic and technology are combined more so in the works of Tarishitar.

For projectiles in particular, the main stipulations are no guns and no gunpowder. Even if you stick a rock in a metal tube and try to use magic to fire that projectile, that's against the rules(magic canons are allowed on war airships, though). Other than that, projectile physics are welcome.

Inventors are allowed, though. My advice to you is to just make sure to ask in the help forums before you do anything radical until you get a feel for where the boundaries are. :)

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
You earn silver by posting in the roleplay forums. I would suggest heading over to the Greenhorn corner so the people there can get you started.

Linkage

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Naota

Character Info
And to answer your last question, you get money from doing RP posts!  It's based on how long your post is, so the longer the post, the more silver you earn!  And then you can use that silver to buy things in the shops :3  

God Rules:
Padexin

Character Info
@Naota: I didn't want to post in the Greenhorn area cause I'm a semi-experienced RPer, and I didn't want to take anyone away from people that might need help more than I do

@CodeAni: That's interesting about the metal tube and magic propulsion. Thanks for the info. Do Journal posts count as silver things, or does it have to be out somewhere in the roleplay in an actual area and whatnot?
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
There are alternative ways to getting silver: Drawing icons, doing advertising for the site, or writing stuff for our tumblr.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.