Out-Of-Character Forums > Help > A Ship Crew
Harrison

Character Info
Name: Harrison Jones
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Devilishly Handsome
Silver: 773
Do I have to purchase a military unit for a ship crew even though I'm not going to use them for any kind of fighting?

[Made by Brittlez]

Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
My initial gut says yes.  I'd look into buying Support from the Military Units shop :D  They seem to be more fitting for a ship crew.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
Military units are temporary, and only last 6 months, so the better long term solution might be getting craftsmen npcs and just getting clothes for how many you need if this is the case. However, I thought I recalled ships coming with NPC crews, but maybe that's just war airships and war galleys. Need a mod or admin to clarify.

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
It seems like buying that many craftsmen would end up costing a lot of silver.  It'd probably be a good end goal but 6 months is a long time to be able to build up silver.  One would only need to make a 200 silver payment once rather than a 300 silver payment for multiple craftsmen.  It'd be good for an end goal, but for a nice safe 6 month coverage then Support for 200 should be a good sub.  

As for what comes with ships though?  That I don't know, that will definitely need clarification.

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
Considering that the support units are basically non-combative, I would say go with them. If you want to personalize/flesh them out more than the typical NPC, then likely go craftsmen. 

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!
Luthene

Character Info
Name: Luthene
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Mercenary
Silver: 3175
A war galley includes 10 spearmen NPCs, which is mentioned in the description and factored into the cost of the ship. They're also permanent.

You could purchase a unit of support NPCs from the Mercenary Camp shop if you want, say, a caravel with non-fighting crew.

OOC: Jenna