Out-Of-Character Forums > Help > Roleplay questions.
Telperion

Character Info
Name: Antonin Theoleth
Alignment: CN
Race: Half demon
Class: Traveler seeking adventure
Silver: 26
I had a few questions about roleplaying here…

a) Am I allowed to make NPCs (sailors, bartenders, bar customers, pedestrians…etc) and control or kill them ?

b) Considering I can make more than one character (through different accounts), am I allowed to roleplay with myself ?

c) Is there a limited list of races, or can I just be whatever I want (satyr, centaur, demon, human, dwarf, elf, Hobbit…etc)

Thanks, have a nice day !
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
a) You can make and use NPCs, but try to limit their descriptions and make sure we know that they are not your primary character. Also, keep in mind that NPCs can be controlled and killed by anyone else in the thread. You have to get a companion from the companion shop and outfit them with specific items if you want an NPC you solely control.

b) You are allowed to roleplay with yourself if you have two accounts, yes.

c) Other than not being able to have futuristic races(like cyborgs) or saying that you are a demigod of some kind, there aren't any restrictions on character race. Rev keeps things open as much as possible.

Any other questions I would be happy to answer or drag a mod in here for. :)

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Telperion

Character Info
Thanks a lot !
Also, am I allowed to use items that aren't there ? Like, items that aren't in the shops; let's say owning a pet tarantula for example. It's not in the shop, but am I allowed to have/use it ? And not as in divine items of any sort.
Luthene

Character Info
Name: Luthene
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Mercenary
Silver: 3175
If it's not in the shop, buy the item that's closest and use that. We have a giant spider, you can use that for your tarantula.

OOC: Jenna
Telperion

Character Info
I see. Thank you !
Telperion

Character Info
Alright, sorry to disturb, but I got another question.
I can have broken items, right ?
Like, I have a broken longbow. I can't use it, because it's broken, but I didn't buy it.
Luthene

Character Info
I see you have a hunting bow in your inventory, is that what you're referring to? (It's not broken, though it's missing an icon right now because one has not been drawn for it yet. Fully-functional, however,) That item was in the Ranger starter pack, so that's how you got it. You may use it in your posts.

Telperion

Character Info
Aside from the Hunting Bow, I'm allowed to have a broken and unusable longbow that supposedly once belonged to my character, true ?
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
I think Telperion is asking if he can have one bow and one collection of debris that used to be a bow at the same time, Jenna.

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Luthene

Character Info
Oooooh, I understand. Technically, if you wish to "use" said broken longbow in a post (ie, have your character pick it up and have a sad about it being broken and otherwise comment on it), then you would technically need to own said item. You may not be using it as a bow, but you'd still be "using" it in a sense.

If you just wanted to say, "I used to have a longbow but it broke and now I have this hunting bow," and your character no longer owns either the longbow or the broken remains of said longbow, that's fine.