Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:23 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

I see. Thank you !

Author: Luthene, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:33 AM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Should be. As long as the site allows you to directly link an image, it's fine.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:05 AM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Is imgur fine ?

Author: Nemesis, Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:56 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Just in case you didn't know, make sure that your signature is put onto a image hosting site like photobucket or tinypic since it can't be uploaded directly from the computer to the site like the avatar.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:42 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Oh, thanks a lot !
c:

Author: Luthene, Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:29 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

1) Click on your username, then Profile:

2) Click Edit:

3) Scroll down to the signature field:

Author: Telperion, Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:17 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Also, it's not related to roleplaying, but how do I add a signature ?

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:33 AM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Anytime!  Thanks for asking questions and awaiting answers rather than assuming.  We (the staff) really appreciate that.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:24 AM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

I see. Thank you !

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:52 AM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Yes - that would be an acceptable item.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:31 AM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

So a hunting bow would be a substitute item for a broke bow, true ?
If yes, then I guess I'll buy one as soon as I'm about to make a post including my broken old bow… A recurve bow, for example ?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:40 AM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

If you wish to have a broken bow to use in your posts, the only appropriate item to use would be a bow. Please purchase a bow from the shops for your posts, or use the one you received from your starter pack.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:36 AM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

I see. I see.
What about a branch ? What would be a substitute item for that ? I'm thinking maybe that when the bow broke it resembled a tree branch.. Or became one… You know what I mean.

Author: Dalanesca, Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:40 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Substitute items only work in the event that a suitable item is not available.  In this situation, a suitable item exists for the broken longbow, so no - a block of wood would not be sufficient.  

Author: Telperion, Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:26 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

So I can't have a substitute item like a piece of wood ?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:46 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Oooooh, I understand. Technically, if you wish to "use" said broken longbow in a post (ie, have your character pick it up and have a sad about it being broken and otherwise comment on it), then you would technically need to own said item. You may not be using it as a bow, but you'd still be "using" it in a sense.

If you just wanted to say, "I used to have a longbow but it broke and now I have this hunting bow," and your character no longer owns either the longbow or the broken remains of said longbow, that's fine.

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:45 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

I think Telperion is asking if he can have one bow and one collection of debris that used to be a bow at the same time, Jenna.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:38 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Aside from the Hunting Bow, I'm allowed to have a broken and unusable longbow that supposedly once belonged to my character, true ?

Author: Luthene, Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:37 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

I see you have a hunting bow in your inventory, is that what you're referring to? (It's not broken, though it's missing an icon right now because one has not been drawn for it yet. Fully-functional, however,) That item was in the Ranger starter pack, so that's how you got it. You may use it in your posts.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:31 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Alright, sorry to disturb, but I got another question.
I can have broken items, right ?
Like, I have a broken longbow. I can't use it, because it's broken, but I didn't buy it.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:13 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

I see. Thank you !

Author: Luthene, Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:07 AM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

If it's not in the shop, buy the item that's closest and use that. We have a giant spider, you can use that for your tarantula.

Author: Telperion, Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:19 AM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

Thanks a lot !
Also, am I allowed to use items that aren't there ? Like, items that aren't in the shops; let's say owning a pet tarantula for example. It's not in the shop, but am I allowed to have/use it ? And not as in divine items of any sort.

Author: CodeAni, Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:42 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

a) You can make and use NPCs, but try to limit their descriptions and make sure we know that they are not your primary character. Also, keep in mind that NPCs can be controlled and killed by anyone else in the thread. You have to get a companion from the companion shop and outfit them with specific items if you want an NPC you solely control.

b) You are allowed to roleplay with yourself if you have two accounts, yes.

c) Other than not being able to have futuristic races(like cyborgs) or saying that you are a demigod of some kind, there aren't any restrictions on character race. Rev keeps things open as much as possible.

Any other questions I would be happy to answer or drag a mod in here for. :)

Author: Telperion, Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:54 PM, Post Subject: Roleplay questions.

I had a few questions about roleplaying here…

a) Am I allowed to make NPCs (sailors, bartenders, bar customers, pedestrians…etc) and control or kill them ?

b) Considering I can make more than one character (through different accounts), am I allowed to roleplay with myself ?

c) Is there a limited list of races, or can I just be whatever I want (satyr, centaur, demon, human, dwarf, elf, Hobbit…etc)

Thanks, have a nice day !