Out-Of-Character Forums > Announcements > Event: Madness and Disease!
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Recent stories of rifts appearing on the mysterious isle of Bakulaw were known to the northernmost city of Parvpora, Tarishitar, for weeks before the madness took it; but the leading guilds did nothing to investigate despite being repeatedly warned of the inevitable. Now they have paid the price. All of the smaller rifts on Bakulaw have coalesced into a giant tear in the sky that glows with a sickly green. The appearance of this breach was marked by a powerful explosion to the north, and the spreading of a noxious gas produced by mutated flora on the ancient isle.

The Sirena Huli Secundus, a new split off species of the already infamous Sirena Huli, has been outputing psychoactive gas for months now. This gas is inert, and has not dissipated for the entirety of the plant's existence. Now the appearance of the giant rift has thrown it outward in a massive, exothermic reaction. Luckily for most, the altitude of the nova was too high to hit most settlements; but Tarishitar soon found themselves not privy to the same exemption.

Madness now afflicts the city in the sky. The gas flowed through the streets with little warning, turning the once proud capital into a laughing stock. Jailers became prisoners, guild leaders became peasants, and carriage drivers turned into the new horses! Even worse, violence and fear have spiked incredibly in the area. Only those who dwell beneath the surface escaped the gas, no doubt due to their lack of access to free flowing air.

Strangely, however, there were several warnings given by a mysterious individual weeks before the giant rift opened. There was not enough time for Tarishitaran citizens to send out a call for aid before the leaders turned mad, but this stranger predicted the disaster before it occurred. Because of her actions, the Auzial Academy for the Gifted has a significant amount of a new potion on hand: a cure that can counter the gas's effects. They have called the potion Angela's Wan Tou, and it is a glimmer of hope for the wailing city. However, there is still no telling whether Tarishitar will survive thanks to this potion or consume itself in the bowels of its own insanity.

There are also reports to the North of a looming, airborne fortress that has emerged from the Rift with magic beyond the wildest imaginings of most mages in the realm. The same stranger who was rumored to have warned the cities of the oncoming disaster is also rumored to be fighting these invaders even now. 

How to participate:

While the Auzial Academy for the Gifted has brought their stock of potions to the borders of Tarishitar, they don't have the manpower to pacify the roaming madmen in the streets. There are also dreams escaping from the underground that are waylaying all efforts into the city. The call has gone out for heroes to deliver the cure into the city, contain the dreams(see Century's thread Afraid, and prevent the citizens from harming themselves or others.

(Posting in Tarishitar will give you Angela Wan Tou as an event item.)

There are also reports from the north that Natsumi, the Goddess of Keys and Secrets, has gone to the island of Bakulaw in search of a way to seal the rift and also to combat the floating fortress. Additionally, some members of the Auzial Academy are on the island, trying to collect additional ingredients for Angela Wan Tou. The production of this cure requires the acquisition of the cursed gas from Sirena Huli Secundus. The gas, when collected and condensed, is named Mendean Fu Ye, and some adventurers have decided to go to the island in order to collect it: for the guild or otherwise. Others have come to fight a battle at ground zero.

(Posting in Bakulaw will give you Mendean Fu Ye as an event item.) 

Acknowledgements from CodeAni:
I'd like to give a special thank you to Daniel(Century) for letting me include his Afraid thread as part of this event. I encourage people to join his thread if you're after the Angela Wan Tou potion. Have fun everyone, and remember that it's time to spread the word. That word is "panic." ;)

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Nihr

Character Info
Name: Solomon 'Nihr' Blaque
Alignment: TE
Race: Eldritch Prince
Class: Count/sorcerer/alien?
Silver: 667
Woot! Both my characters are already in that thread :P
Combating the dream! Mhuahahahah!

I had sugar today…I'ma bit hyper. x-x

Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!  Already in one and might bring my alt in for the other so that I can still do both, this is so neat!! :D

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
Scrubble

Character Info
Name: Scrubble
Alignment: CN
Race: Goblin
Class: Grand Inquisitor of The Faith of Holy Paladins of The Most Holy Lord Scrubble Blessed is His Name
Silver: 413
Scrubble isn't fighting the dreams he is the dreams!

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear simple and wrong.

Italics is god Scrubble, bold is paladin Scrubble.

For those wondering why Scrubbles name is said so much in these posts its because I refuse to refer to Scrubble as anything but Scrubble.

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
You guys to get your potions after you posted in both/or one or the other you need to pm me or I might not see you've posted. I managed to catch a few that have posted xD but you need to pm me if you want me to for sure see you've done it. -herds her precious rpers-

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
I feel I should elaborate more on this event, especially in regard to Bakulaw.

Tarishitar:

Tarishitar has been hit by a hallucinogenic gas that only affected the upper portion of Tarishitar. The gas itself is now gone from the city, but residue remains that can mess with the minds of those adventurers who entered after the initial gust.

There are normally people in the lower levels, but the gas was moving too fast and was too buoyant to float down to them before it left the city. The gas has the effect of basically turning the townspeople into a rendition of Topsy Turvy from The Hunchback of Notredame. It produces random effects on the minds of those who inhale it, so you can play with it. You wanna say your character thinks they're a horse now? Go right ahead. Let your imagination flow.

The dreams mentioned in the event are physical dreams coming from another source down in those lower levels that were spared from the gas. These dreams are spreading out to the outer reaches of the city and making entrance more difficult. They are unrelated to the gas itself.

The Auziel Academy has several camps on the cliff edges surrounding Tarishitar, but their staff are being waylaid on the way into the city. They've called for people to help their healers through the barriers thrown up by physical dreams, and also wish to contain the violence as much as possible.

Bakulaw:
The floating city in Bakulaw is an alternate version of Tarishitar. It is armed to the teeth with magical cannons and small, war airships. Even the people have been turned into weapons, resembling automatons more than humans anymore.

The ground underneath the floating platform is scorched from the cannons. It doesn't resemble anything like Bakulaw because the platform is attempting to eradicate all life in the immediate area.

There are airships from the major nations of Parvpora trying to ferry people to the mechanical nightmare in the sky, though they are having to dodge the cannons as well.

If you land in the platform, you will be met by an army of its citizens trying to hunt and kill you.

Your goal is to either try and sink the platform through any means necessary or you can go collecting poisonous gas from the plants called Sirena Huli Secundus for the Auzial Academy representatives on the island who are trying to synthesize more cure for the people of Tarishitar.

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Telperion The Second

Character Info
Name: Girfic
Race: Satyr
Class: Berserk
Silver: 495
I got a few questions.

[ol]
  • When does this event end ?

• I don't understand the whole dreams thing quite well.

• I'm still not quite sure I understand how we're informed of the 'siege'.

• [/ol]

CodeAni
    Developer

Character Info
    1. The event started on the 10th, so you have until midnight Eastern time to get items. You're, of course, allowed to continue posting in those areas after the deadline, but the actual event items will be cut off.

2. The dreams are basically whatever your character would have as a dream or nightmare. They form a wall around the city and play on the fears and insecurities of those that try to enter. These dreams, however, aren't harmless like normal nightmares, and can inflict physical harm. For example, if your character had a fear of arachnids, they would be waylaid by armies of spiders that attacked them. If someone with them was afraid of rats, on the other hand, they would see that same army as an army of rats. If you've ever played Dragon Age Inquistion to the point where you saw the terror demon's domain, the dream walls are like enemies within.

3. Anyone in Parvpora would know about the siege simply be looking at the northern sky, as the breach itself is large enough to be seen from all corners as a sickly glow on the northern horizon. In Canelux, Natsumi, the Goddess of Keys and Secrets, has been sending out missives warning of the danger for months ahead of time. She enlisted the aid of the NPC guild, "Auziel Academy for the Gifted," in this endeavor, so they could have used other methods to notify people as well. I didn't say this in the event description, but, if it helps, everyone can say that the world leaders announced the invasion just after it had occurred.

CodeAni
    Developer

Character Info
    midnight Eastern time on the 24th*

Telperion The Second

Character Info
    Name: Girfic
    Race: Satyr
    Class: Berserk
    Silver: 495
    I see. And our means of getting there are up to us, true ? No portals like last time ?