Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > A New Job [P/R]
Ayla Volkov

Character Info
Name: Ayla Volkov
Alignment: LE
Race: Vaewolf
Class: Warrior
Silver: 1293
Hearing that he didn’t think of her as weak made her smirk a bit. He really did god for honest think that control was how this worked. He was innocent in a way. Ayla figured that she could forgive her mate for such a thing now. At least he admitted he was wrong and included sweet words to boot.

There was something about Ivan that screamed he would need to get used to her as well. Something that was shining deep down that showed him wasn’t truly as mad as he let everyone in on. He led them astray to underestimate him. He was a hunter just as much as she was.

There was a surprised noise that left her lips as he picked her up bridal style. She didn’t mind it much but her arms went around his neck as he carried her in. During the time afterwards she snuggled her head against his neck and looked up at him. “I had thoughts that maybe you would jump up on the nightstand and dance once we had sex but I am pleased to see that wasn’t the case.” There was a light chuckle from her lips. “But not second thoughts. You are someone else deep beneath the mask you put on.” She lightly tapped his nose. “People just don’t look deep enough I think.”

Back to their current errand Ayla smirked up at Ivan. “And that’s how you got me. I must admit at times you do try my patience but it isn’t wholly bad. You are a good husband after all… but if you ever pull what you did during our vows again I might have to sew your lips shut.” She chuckled a bit as she remembered almost fondly of punching her husband in the face once he started to tell the small group at their ceremony all about their sex life and what he promised to do to her.

They carried the basket of durian fruit up to the front of the mansion. Her ears twitched a bit. “Is that… an infant’s cry?” Ayla looked towards Ivan. They HAD been gone for a long time. Could something have happened? The she-wolf pulled the large mansion doors open herself as she came into the foyer. There stood a woman she didn’t recognize but the smell. “La…. Lady Celeste?”

A tall beautiful elven woman with a child on her hip. “Welcome home both of you. I’m glad to see your work complete as usual… I’m also sure you have questions…”

The wolves, my love will come
Taking us home where dust once was a man
Is there life before a death?
Do we long too much at never land?
Ivan Volkov

Character Info
Name: Ivan Volkov
Class: Assassin
Silver: 1275
Ivan was a complicated individual, though most that interacted with him would claim otherwise. Perhaps his maker knew that to be true and decided to see what he was capable of if given the chance, which may have been while she turned him in the first place. But now there seemed to be another that might have looked past his antics. Perhaps he wasn’t as crazy as he led on. Perhaps…

Ayla rested against him after they consummated their new relationship, clearly showing some more trust towards him. “I would have, but I’m too tired. Maybe in the morning”, he smirked, though it might have all just to see what her reaction would be. He had no intention of changing her from who she really was- it was because of that that he liked her to begin with. And it looked like she would grant him the same courtesy, though it wouldn’t be hard to imagine what would happen if he ticked her off as he does.

“Hey, I’m pretty sure hungry minds were wondering…can’t let our guests down right?” Except for no one literally asked for it. Even Nemesis had walked out in the middle of the embarrassing moment only to come back at some point later. Ah, good memories. Still, he looked at his wife with the same goofy grin as they made their way out of Kurayo and soon to the estate where their masters lived. Before long, his own ears perked up and looked at Ayla strangely. “Yes…has Papa Volkov gone mad? To steal and even…eat a baby?” Clearly, they weren’t in synch with the situation and when they entered and saw the woman with the child, he strained his eyes a bit and sniffed the air. “Mama Volkov…you’ve grown”, he spoke, half in shock and the other in excitement. He darted over towards her and stopped dead in his tracks as he reached them and looked at the child.

“Oh no. I knew that this would happen. He’s always acted like a baby…but for Papa to turn into one? Mama, what happened to him?”

Ayla Volkov

Character Info
Ayla sighed a bit and watched him. He was an odd one to pick as a mate but he was a good man. You just had to look really deep beneath the crazy he had on top. Her honey eyes watched his smirk before they made it inside. “Careful, I don’t want to be a widow so soon. Well, I do suppose that one hundred years together is quite a long time for most people,” She chuckled knowing full well Nemesis would probably strangle her husband for his words.

Celeste brought her hand out and stroked his face. “It is me and I promise you this child isn’t Nemesis.” Her words were sweet with him like always. Sergei’s eyes watched Ivan curiously. It was enough to stop his fussing. He had never seen such bright red hair except on the woman who came to make sure he was healthy.

Ayla crossed her arms. “I’m happy to see that your wish has finally come true my lady.” She bowed softly before biffing Ivan upside his head. “You should make sure Lord Nemesis doesn’t hear that or you’ll be in with the roses.” She took a sigh once more as her honey eyes met Sergei’s. “A son at that… You both are rather lucky…”

Celeste smirked down at Sergei. “Girl or boy it didn’t matter but we had to sign a contract with a devil for all this to happen.” There was a slight frown but it didn’t appear like the lady of the house was going to be explaining anymore. “Ivan I would like you both to meet Sergei. He is the future leader of the Volkovs should anything ever happen to my beloved.”

Sergei reached out and took Ayla’s face who was looking him over. She hadn’t seen a baby in a long time. With instinct, she looked up at Ivan. “Absolutely not.”

Ivan Volkov

Character Info
Ivan threw his arms behind his head, Celeste wouldn’t have him dead just yet. He was far too valuable to the family alive more so than dead. It wouldn’t be the first time she would have to talk Nemesis out of removing his head but these days the master simply gives up when it comes to Ivan. “Oh, oh ok. I’ll…behave, he spoke with a scrunched up face. He had known that the couple had always tried to have a child of their own and he had seen the small ceremony behind the house serving as a reminder of the failed attempts. Still, he wasn’t expecting to see Sergi nor his now grown up master.

Her touch against his face was still the same as ever though, soft and loving. It was far different from when he felt his mate’s touch against the back of his head, which made him pout. “I’m being good right now.”

“I’m happy for you both. I know you wanted this for so long.” He smiled at her happiness as he softly poked at the baby’s stomach with a finger. He was so small and squishy as he moved around a bit in his mother’s arms. “Sergi, eh?” He peeked at the boy that looked at him with a similar glance. He turned to Ayla to already give him an answer to a question that was about to form from his lips.

“Aw, spoilsport. Don’t want little mes running around?”, he said with that grin of his. “So how long as this been a thing?”, he asked, referring to her state. He had never in his vaewolf life seen her so tall and filled out. Perhaps that devil she mentioned had to do with that too, but if so, he wouldn’t press it as it made her sad.

Ayla Volkov

Character Info
Ayla patted the top of Ivan’s head as he pouted at her. He was surely going to be on his best behavior now. “I see that… You are being quite good.”

Celeste studied the two and mentally noted that it was good for Ivan to have someone he would listen to always and who would put up with him. Even if she felt bad for the girl most of the time. Celeste smiled down at Sergei and nodded. “Yes, we’re both so happy to have this little one in our arms now. He will be a good addition to our family.”

There was a rough sigh that came from Ayla’s lips. “It would be a cold day in hell before I thought about having children.” With him especially. “Our lifestyle isn’t fit for a child after all.” On the move. Always on the hunt… Then there was the fact that Ivan wasn’t good parent material. She could see him throwing the baby into a group of animals to see what it would do, not that he would actually do it… but she could see him contemplate it.

Celeste pondered the question. “Ten months or so. We conceived Sergei almost immediately after my body was changed. The person who made this all happen was a goddess by the name of Angela. Her and Nemesis have a complicated history together but the goddess granted us this gift in exchange for mentoring her daughter. Which leads me to… what all has changed in the house while you’ve been gone… Serafina is no longer Nemesis’s wife…”

Ivan Volkov

Character Info
Ivan’s head nuzzled against his mate’s touch, pleased that she was complimenting him. It wasn’t very often when she did and she had to be in the right mood for it, but he took it whenever he could. They made for a strange pair on the surface, but it worked out most of the time. Sergi was a strange wonder himself to look at, the first vaewolf to be born into the family naturally if Ivan recalled correctly. His birth would seem very taboo considering the blood that flowed through him. The little bundle of joy cuddled up more against his mother and Ivan looked back to Ayla.

“Suppose you are right.” Besides, now that he thought of it, she was already scary enough as normal. Imagining her with a child inside and seeing what pregnant women went through with mood swings didn’t settle too well in his mind. Especially since he damn well knew that he’d be the one that she targeted the most. He didn’t really picture himself as a father; the only redeeming thing would have been that he never hurt children. There were some lines he didn’t feel right crossing and that was a huge one for the vaewolf- no matter how much he was offered on his side jobs.

“So, this all happened after we last visited…didn’t want to send a letter or something to prepare us for something…this groundbreaking?” He was hurt a little but then it changed when she announced that Serafina and Nemesis had split. His eyebrows came together as he couldn’t picture those two calling it quits. Though…the longer he pondered, the more evident that the impossible seemed more possible. He had wondered time and again if having two or more mates would be actually possible without conflict. In this case, it didn’t appear as so. He looked around and clamped his hand against his mouth yet he could still speak mumbling from said hand. “I hope he didn’t hear me earlier; he might be in his foulest mood yet.”

What if Nemesis did hear and would actually kill him this time and mean it?

Ayla Volkov

Character Info
“No, I figured you both could handle it… That and a lot more has happened. It is hard to pinpoint you both my dears. Try doing it while carrying a child or dealing with stress here as well.” Celeste just gave them a smile and Ayla nodded. The Volkov matriarch was right.

“Sera was quite livid about Sergei even though we had tried again and again before… She was jealous at all the attention I was getting even if she refused to ask for it.” Celeste sounded sad. “She went out and turned someone without permission and brought him back to the house as her new mate. It was terrible. All the blood. All the wounds… All the yelling. They about killed each other.”

There was a sad smile on her face. “I couldn’t write it into words… but the more Nemesis stewed in it the worse he got. Until it happened… He found someone else as a meal and he took it too far. I punished him for being unfaithful but I knew how much Sera hurt him. You can’t put these types of things into letters… So things have been a bit rocky here… at least a little. I’ve forgiven him but that’s because he groveled and for Sergei’s sake we take good care of him. Even Sera has warmed up to what she calls the potato.” Red eyes looked down to Sergei who was bubbling happily in his mother’s arms.

“All… this in such a short amount of time. I don’t recall it ever being this exciting in the last hundred years I’ve been part of the family…” Ayla blinked a bit and looked at Ivan. “What about you? I also suppose that we should pay our respects to Nemesis while we are here? No?” Ayla tilted her head at Ivan. “And on our best behavior?”

Ivan Volkov

Character Info
Ivan once more threw his arms behind his head and paced around a bit. Fortunately, the interior of the place hadn’t changed too much yet it had been a while since he was allowed here so he did take advantage of getting familiar with their home. He listened silently of the tale that explained Sera’s straying from Nemesis and upon hearing that a new vaewolf was made without permission made him quickly turn on his heels. “So, am I gonna have to do something?” That something meant killing another of their kind, usually when they get too rowdy or disobedient to the masters of the house. Though it would be something different since the blood in question was made by one of the alphas.

Celeste didn’t take any comfort of telling this story nor when she got into the part where Nemesis crossed the line and committed adultery. Ivan looked a bit peeved in hearing that, especially since his master was a good woman (perhaps not entirely, but in his mind, she was completely). “Forgive me for earlier, Mama Volkov… I didn’t mean to sound rude.” But it seemed like everything was handled and he wouldn’t have to do the “thing”, which he was okay with either way.

“This is a lot of craziness in the family, more than what I’ve seen.” He nodded to Ayla and went over to the window. “I promise I will be good. I rather not get eaten or something by him.” He nearly put his face up against the glass as he observed something close by the thicket near the house. Sure enough, he saw the large white wolf pulling a great elk with his jaws clamped against its neck. “Ooooh, that’s a big one!” Ivan wasted no time in darting out of the house and headed for the lupine. As he finished dragging his prey close to the house, crimson eyes immediately move to the oaf and a soft growl came from his maw.

Of all the people…

“Papa Volkov! It’s been a long while, I had feared you were shrunken.”

“What in the hell are you talking about?” Nemesis was clearly not in the mood for Ivan, but that was par for the course. When his eyes hit Ayla, his tone softened just a bit. “Always a pleasure to see you, Ayla.” If only his mate had waited a bit longer and made the girl her beta instead. He could stomach her far, far better than he ever could Ivan.

He dropped his kill and shifted into his human form which made Ivan not only cover Ayla’s eyes but he did so himself as well. “Rude to stare at our leader in the nude.”

At least the boy learned that much, which gave Nemesis time to stroll about and retrieve a pair of trousers to put on. “And what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?”, he sighed as he went to lift up the elf and toss it over his shoulder. “I doubt it was because you were in the neighborhood.

Ayla Volkov

Character Info
“No, Nemesis has decided that he will stomach Xerxes being alive if it means Sera is happy again. I have a feeling if Nemesis wants him killed he will do it himself… Xerxes went on a growing pains run a few months prior and painted mustaches all over Nemesis’ portraits. He was scolded of course and threatened. Xerxes was a shifter like Ayla.” Immediately Ayla’s eyes went to Celeste’s. It didn’t sound like this shifter had as much honor as Ayla did though.

Celeste waved her hand at him. “Worry not my dear Ivan. You were not rude in the slightest. You have always loved this family even if you were not living among us.”

With Ivan’s face against the glass, Ayla let out a chuckle at how childlike her husband could be. Ayla and Celeste followed him to keep him out of trouble, Ayla a bit more closely than Celeste for obvious reasons.

Ayla bowed her head to Nemesis with the utmost respect as he chastised Ivan. “I’m afraid that Ivan thought you were Sergei.” She scratched her chin lightly not quite sure how to put it. Ivan covered her eyes and there was a light sigh from her. “Shifters aren’t bothered by the nude, my love. I know better than to stare.” She moved his hand slightly her honey eyes on Ivan. “You need not worry.”

Tilting her head Ayla thought about the best way to answer such a question. “We were brought back into town upon rumors of one of our boats thieving our property. We were right to come back as it was true. We made sure the captain would see the error of his ways or die like the scum he is. I did tell him that it wouldn’t be us visiting him the next time he acted up. Told him to paint the decks red if he wanted a new crew of course. We got a bit distracted by Lady Celeste’s new form and of course by Sergei. Much has changed since we last were here.”

Nemesis
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Nemesis Volkov
Alignment: LN
Race: Vaewolf Deity
Class: Alpha (lawfully mean)
Silver: 354
Nemesis merely looked at the buffoon before shaking his head. The boy was never right in the head, to begin with and the turning only made it worse. While he didn’t hate Ivan per say, he damn sure couldn’t stand him for more than a few moments. To co-exist in the house with him…the thought alone was enough to sicken him. Of all the asinine things to believe in…he thought that he had been turned into a baby… Still, he kept his lashing tongue at bay, no matter how tempting it was to unleash it.

Only for Celeste’s sake, of course.

So when they mentioned that the deal with the captain that would normally provide Celeste with her exotic fruits went a little south, the master of the house turned his attention over to the pair and thought for a few moments. That man had always seemed a bit shady, not that most humans weren’t which would explain why he let his gut feelings pass by until now. But it seemed like they had handled the situation accordingly. “You were right- he would have received far worse if I was to come to handle the situation. For the sake of his life and that of his crew’s, let’s hope that he had learned his lesson.”

He passed by them with the elk still swung over his shoulder and was about to enter the house when he thought of something else. “Well, seeing how you both are here- I may have something that requires your particular set of skills. Come with me.” He went inside to drop off the elk before meeting with his wife and child. Sergi knew immediately who came over and kissed his mother’s head and immediately flailed his arms for attention. Carefully his father took him into his arms and nuzzled his face against his own. The baby was growing bigger and stronger with each passing day. It made him proud to watch Sergi grow and cradled him as he discussed the situation he had mentioned before.

“There’s been some talk, some zealous fool’s been leading some sort of cult worshipping a false god. While I care not for such things, I do when it comes to interfering with my businesses. Apparently, this cult figured it would be wise to steal from Lord Crowley, a good friend of mine that provide a good deal of imports. I don’t care how, but I’d like for you two to deal with the head. If need be, kill the body as well. Do that and…”

Nemesis held out a long sigh, almost contemplating the words that were to come out next. “And I will let you in this house more often.” He made sure it was directed at Ivan, who was beaming with joy at this point. While Ayla’s presence would normally not be unwanted, Ivan was her little-lost sheep; wherever she went, he was sure to follow.

Nemesis is the Lord of the Daybreak and Nightfall.
God Rules
I. Formido Tyrannis: The lord is unmatched in the fields of dark and light magics.
II. Sacrum Lumen: Nemesis' skin contains the essence of pure light of which he can control. His very presence can harmful to those weak against sunlight/light while contact with him can be near fatal.
III. Timor Comedenti: The god is able to feed on fear psychically within contact.
The Volkov Family
Brandon, the Mad Admin!