Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Kurayo > Seeker [P,R]
Paulina

Character Info
Name: Paulina Manaroot
Alignment: LN
Race: Elf/Baba Yaga
Class: Bog Witch
Silver: 2035
She could hear the confusion dripping from Gabriel’s words as she opened up to him. It was confusing for her as well. There was shock mixed into all the emotions as he told her that he wasn’t about to throw her away. Her bi-colored eyes watched him as he scratched the back of his head. He was nervous… He probably didn’t know how to go about what she was telling him. She didn’t know either but she let it all out regardless.

As soon as Paulina had let out that she was scared and what her fears were she listened as his voice drifted off. He leaned against the railing of the balcony and she stood closer to the doors of the ballroom. The distance between them seemed so cold at the moment and she didn’t know why. Was it was the awkwardness? Or was something bad coming? The bog witch felt her heart beating hard against the walls of her chest. She had never felt it do something like this… Never for something so civil.

Paulina’s hopes sunk for a bit as he told her that whatever she had heard was mostly right. That if he could have he would have changed their relationship to a more business-like if only because of how he was. It took a bit of time for him to come out and tell her that… She was just glad he was being honest with her. Her mouth was dry now as she thought the worst was coming. However, the worst never came.

His eyes had lost the anger in them as she studied them. His movements caused her to take a tiny step back if only because she herself was uncertain what was happening. These were her defenses at were falling down around her. It was a colder place once they were gone but Gabriel was a source of warmth as he took her hand and held it. Her eyes drifted down to it and she listened to the words he spoke. “I’ve asked so many questions and doubted so many things because I don’t know this world Gabe…” Her voice was soft as she spoke. “I’ve never known a companion like you or what could become of this… or what even this was. I just know that when I’m alone at night now… the bed feels empty and cold. It doesn’t feel the same if I don’t have you here with me. I can learn all I want about the world but it isn’t the same world without you.”

Finally, she gripped his hand back just as gently as she left her perch. She hugged herself to him around his waist as she buried her face deep into his chest. Her fingers gripped onto the fabric on his back and she closed her eyes as she inhaled his scent. “I need you to… even if I don’t act like it… Even if I don’t know what is going on at times… I would rather you be there with me when I learn. I was always told I would be nothing… that I would be thrown away. I was scared of that even more so than I have ever been. I numbed myself to that pain by just accepting it but… I was more scared when I thought you would do the same to me. I don’t care if that’s how you were but all I do care about is now.”

She shook her head a bit and smiled up at him. “For all of my faults and problems you haven’t ever questioned them. If anything you’ve taught me and were patient even back when you first brought me out of Feeorin. I never thought I would have any of that. I didn’t even know it existed to be honest. I expected to be treated slightly better than I was but that isn’t what you did at all. It’s slowly broken down all of my defenses I’ve built to keep myself alive. I’ve given myself a weakness whether or not I wanted to. I’ve always hated myself but you even if you don’t know it have taught me to accept myself. And I’ve got a growing pit in my heart when you aren’t with me but Esme says that it is just me missing you. I’m not used to that at all.”

She separated herself from him just a bit so she could look up at him. “That’s what scares me the most… That something would happen to you or that you would throw me away. I don’t know if I would learn to function outside here and I would probably end up back in Feeorin because it’s what I know… I just want to be with you.” She gave him a tearful smile as she hugged him again and put her lips to his cheek. She slid down and let her forehead to his cheek so she could watch the scenery through his hair over the balcony.

“I never thought someone else would do that like they did in there… Mainly because of how I’ve felt about myself. However, even I know that what he showed me wasn’t really how to dance.” There was a chuckle but she kissed his neck and his shoulder. “I would like it if you taught me… if you wanted.”

OOC: Brittlez
Paulina got her name from the song Paulina by The Dreadnoughts.
Gabriel

Character Info
Name: Gabriel Byrkyn
Alignment: CN
Race: Werewolf
Class: Philanderer
Silver: 511
If one got to spend half a day with Gabriel, it would have soon became apparent within an hour or so of learning how he was. He certainly wasn’t one that was open about his feelings for one thing and another thing was plain to see in how he was handling the situation with Paulina. The werewolf only knew of feelings such as lust and anger. The latter had came out because of the man that laid his hands rudely onto her. It struck a nerve in him for more than just that reason. And it didn’t help that she was…afraid. He hadn’t seen this side of her before, but it was clear that the reason had been because of him. She had seen him tear her clan apart before and she hardly batted an eye, but she was more fearful of him when it came to what they faced now.

Gods knew that he was too, even if he didn’t want to admit it. His awkward replies, along with drying throat and somewhat shaking were evident. Still he followed through with what he had to say. She seemed more receptive when he took her by the hand and nothing unsettling came of it for her. “I know some things more than you, but I’m still at a lost when it comes to…this. What I do know is that you don’t have to be afraid while I’m around or worry when I’m not. But I know what you mean- my bed lacks the warm you provide, even if it meant just laying right next to you.” It was odd that he didn’t associate such a thing with just sex only but their situation was just that- odd.

“I liked it when it was us together. Didn’t know how dull life was until we were parted. I’m sure that Esme did it because she picked up on it first.” Gabe couldn’t help but to wonder if she set this whole thing up… though he doubted that she had the man do as he did from the look on her face. But right now he didn’t worry about it any further. It helped even more when she came towards him. “No, you were told that about those old cronies that couldn’t compare to you, in looks or smarts. They wanted to keep you down to feel important, that’s all.” Gabe was shocked to hear that he helped her without knowing it. While he did free her, he let Paulina into a world that she knew nothing off and would have to be taught plenty about it. It looked as though he would have a thing or two to learn as well. But they could do it with each other.

His arms hugged her tightly and petted her dark hair to comfort her so. “You will remain, I promise.You don’t have to worry about being tossed aside. I won’t do that to you…” He wasn’t sure if it was a true promise, but he would try for both their sakes. Gabriel felt strangely comfortable while she was in his embrace but he broke away to notice her words. “You are beautiful and men like him…and myself will let you know just how much. Some are much more subtle and respectful than others.” At least he hadn’t thrusted himself upon her like that fool had when they first met. It was supposed to be all business until lust took over and they used their time to escape on other means. “Alright, I can show you.” He took her by the hand with his own while the other fell onto her side. “Bring your foot forward and to the side, and I will move mine in the opposite side, just think of us moving in a circular motion to the rhythm of the music.” He started her slow and corrected her if there was a mistake, which fortunately weren’t that many, to be honest. As they danced, he quickened the pace, little by little while watching to make sure that she was comfortable with it. His eyes watched her silently the more she got familiar with the steps.

“You look ravishing tonight, Paulina.”

He threw out a charming smile and went in to kiss her upon the lips.

Paulina

Character Info
The witch blinked a few times at Gabriel. After all the talk everyone had about him these were the words that he chose to share with her. For a few moments, her heart was lit up and a smile came to her face despite how small it was. She felt happy and at peace finally. “I will try not to be afraid anymore.” It was hard for her especially since she didn’t know how she felt completely. The witch knew she wanted Gabriel and that she felt colder when he wasn’t with her. That was enough for her to know she wanted to be around him more.

“I think she did too… Esme isn’t so bad even if she did send that man after us…” Though she had a nasty streak in her blood that much was sure. Paulina didn’t dare cross her but it did look like she cared for Gabriel on some level. Enough to make him see that he and Paulina cared for each other even if they didn’t see it themselves.

She stayed close to him and kept her face close to his chest. She could hear his heart and it made her feel more at ease for reasons she could not understand. His hand calmed her as it stroked her hair and she took a deep breath at his words. “I believe you.” For better or worst. She didn’t know any better or else she probably would have questioned if he could completely change his ways in a split second like he had.

They separated and he took her hand as he explained to her just how people saw her. “That is weird but I accept it.” She had never been given compliments her whole life until Gabriel showed up. Even then it had seemed like hollow promises until they had been together longer. He showed her how to dance and she got a funny look on her face a few times as she tried to watch her feet and him. Eventually, she got confident enough not to look at her feet and her eyes met his. “Are you sure?” She tilted her head. “Because I cannot breathe well in this chest contraption your sister has on me.” She was sure that sounded funny but she didn’t want to ruin the moment either.

Finally, she kissed him back and gave a smile. “I suppose the chest contraption isn’t too bad…” She rolled her eyes as she thought about it. “But I am not putting on those pointy sticks… not on my feet. I refuse. I won't do it for you nor will I do it for Esme. They hurt and I fall in them." She showed her stubborn side as she tilted her head off to the side.

Gabriel

Character Info
His ways of the past weren’t much of a mystery if one was to listen to how others in Kurayo would speak of him. Gabriel was a man that did what he wanted, whenever he wanted- earning the ire of many of the elites especially with his appetite for their daughters. He was reckless and therefore very dangerous for all of those around and close to him. Despite that, he was just another person in this world, with both strengths and weaknesses. Paulina had seen much of the former and now the latter was becoming undone before her.

“No, she’s a pain in my rear, but she wouldn’t have pulled that dirty stunt.” The siblings didn’t hate each other, but they did have many differences and were constantly at odds with one another. At least Georgia was kept out of their spats. Gabe didn’t think much of his relationship with Paulina- of course, they had some…intimate moments. Okay, a lot of them, but he also had originally planned to keep things professional between them. But things didn’t work out like that.

Instead, something else came from it, something that he didn’t see coming and certainly neither did she. Keeping her in his arms, he quietly listened to her soft voice as his face nuzzled her head with ease. You do look beautiful, those that say otherwise are just jealous, like your hag mother and her friends. Even now, merely thinking of them gave him a shiver. They were ugly, but inside and out. The thing that fueled nightmares in children everywhere, and even some adults. He started to teach her, slow and steady and move things along when she started to get the hang of it. She was a quick study and before long she was moving on her own accord. He smiled at the chest contraption comment, “At least you won’t have to wear them often. Not sure how others can fit into it and breathe.”

The shoes made him burst out in laughter, “Okay, fair enough. I’m sure I can make sure that they won’t be anywhere near your feet again, Paulina.” He looked back inside where the party was and smirked, “Hey, let’s get out of here…” He led her by the hand and tried to be as stealthy as possible as he led her around the festivities and headed out the door. Knowing his sister, he was sure that she had an eye on him the entire time, but he didn’t care. He led Paulina into a short walk onto the beach close by. “There we go. You should be okay to take the sticks off now.” He released her and undid his boots and walked towards the water barefooted. “Come over, the water feels great and will help your feet.”

Paulina

Character Info
When their faces met and nuzzled against once another Paulina felt a lump in her throat. Her breaths were shallow and her heart was rapid. Her bi-colored eyes closed throughout the affection but opened just a bit when he began to tell her how beautiful she was. The witch held a confused look on her face. She hadn’t ever thought of herself like that nor did she think of the other things he said.

Their bodies came together as he began to teach her the moves of a real dance. At times she felt like she was holding her breath as she struggled to get some things right where other times she caught on quick enough. Soon she was moving on her own with him without too much hassle. A grin was shown up at him. The chest contraption did make it hard for her little pounding heart though. She made that known very well. “I would prefer not at all but I suppose if I must.” She wasn’t about to get on Esme’s bad side. “A lady I must be.” She said it with a bit of a sass and a shake of her head which sent her black locks in different directions.

“Okay, good. I will wear this chest contraption but the torture devices for ones’ feet I will not.” She gave an affirmative nod as she smirked towards him. At least he was willing to help her get out of those. They were horrid little things. She didn’t even have to ask if it would be alright to run away from the party. It didn’t interest her and it didn’t interest him. Even if it was a party for Paulina she would much rather be with Gabriel. “Alright…” Her voice was quiet as they sneaked around all of the guests and made their way outside. “Finally,” Paulina said with some relief as she kicked the shoes off with no regard for how much silver they had been.

The witch didn’t bother to pick them up as she hurried to catch up to him. The sand felt weird on her toes and she stopped a few times in awe of how it felt. It was cold thanks to the night. The sand caressed all around and in between her toes. His voice snapped her out of the moment and she smiled as she ran to catch up to him. Water splashed up but it was very clear she didn’t mind being wet a bit.

“It does feel good.” She took his arm now and put her head into his shoulder. Her bi-colored eyes looked up to the moons and smiled towards him as her eyes looked at him now. “It’s nice here… You know when you aren’t getting slapped about by Esme.” It appeared like Paulina had jokes as she quietly chuckled and slowly moved her arm down so that her fingers could lace with his. It was an odd sensation but she liked it.

“If it makes you feel any better… I like you in your monkey suit.” She had heard him call it that once before and honestly it was a funny name to her but if that’s what they wanted to call it. "Esme said something about making me a lady before your parents got home… Does that mean they won't like me as I am?" She was curious but it didn't appear like she was worried about it. For Paulina, it was normal for people not to like her.

Gabriel

Character Info
A mismatched couple they were; the thought of it made him chuckle inwardly. Gabriel was a man born into an extravagant life and had everything set up for him, yet he was reckless and greedy. Paulina was a woman that had to endure the harsh living beneath her mother and was lead to believe that she didn’t deserve happiness. But the two did share one thing- the need for freedom. It was a chanced encounter that they met, but some would think that fate had played a hand in that. She was a quick study and before long, the two danced in harmony on the balcony. Time seemed to stop for them for a bit before they decided to venture away onto the beach.

Gabe seemed pleased to watch her enjoy the comforts of the water as it crashed onto their bare feet. His arm snaked around her as she drew nearer- it was still pretty strange for him to get used to, but it felt also nice. Looking towards her, Gabe rolled his eyes and grinned. “Someone has discovered a sense of humor, I see.” She was slowly opening up from the shy and underconfident girl he had met back in that forest. Little by little, she was getting accustomed to things in the civilized world.

“Hm, I have so much to teach you about sarcasm…” Gabe ventured more into the ocean, letting slowly going under until it was waist deep. “I’m not used to dressing fancy, never been one to like it.” He thought about something before answering her- he was sure it wasn’t out of malicious from his dear sister that she had said that. “No, she knows that you aren’t used to how things were when she questioned you about your life. Since we are stuck here, it would be better for you to understand how things go here. My folks may think that I just kidnapped you or something, otherwise.” That wasn’t exactly how things had played out; if anything she was the one that reached out to him in the first place. Somehow he didn’t think they’d understand that he took a random job to go and kill some baba yagas for the hell of it and then snatched her up. He fell back a little into the cold waters and let out a gasp as he let himself get submerged before backstroking.

“Eh, never cared for these clothes anyhoo.”