Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Koschei Isle > Koschei Forest > Rememberance of faces old [P, R]
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Alignment: CG
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
When Kyu whimpered, Akira had giggled again. ”Kyu not trouble. Was reminder, silly puppy!” Yet when they made it to the edge of the forest, Akira took the offered hand. She looked upon the city with sadness written on every inch of her, right down to the drooping ears and hanging tail. ”Rowan no live here. Akira no know where. Sail away from color city, look for shiny.” Even her voice dripped with depression.

Climbing up upon Larka, Akira wrapped her arms around the woman's neck, burying her face in her hair. ”Akira stupid to leave. Akira want go back. Walk on color bricks. Full nice women, play with kids. That Rowan live.” With a little bit of soothing, the pair continued on their way to the city sprawling before them. The sun had since went to bed for the night by the time they were within touching distance of the buildings. It was apparent that they would not find a way off the island until morning. Not to mention, Larka still had her business to attend to here in the swamp.

”What Larka do in swamp?” Akira asked suddenly, eyes only for the woman. She was not all that interested in the buildings here, or the resentful glances in their direction. None liked strangers here except the common traders. Yet, they would not turn any away if they had the coin or goods to barter. Sadly, Akira had neither.

Larka

Character Info
Name: Larka Nash
Race: Human
Class: Berserker
Silver: 0
Showing that she was more intelligent than normal wolves, even for her age, when Akira said that she wasn't in trouble the wolf puppy perked up and her tail wagged now that she knew she wasn't in trouble.  They came into view of the city but Larka's comments made the little one sad, and the drooping ears made Larka's heart ache for the child, the poor thing.  Akira climbed up on Larka who chuckled a little as Akira spoke a little more, upset now with herself for leaving, and with those added details Larka knew exactly the city that Akira was speaking of.  It was impressive for one so little to make it so far away!  "We'll get you back there, Akira, I promise.  We can find a friendly made in this city and they make us a magical gate to take us both all the way to the colour city and Rowan."  Larka replied as she carried Akira towards the city, thinking of where to find a mage that could make a gate for them for a few coins, shouldn't be too hard, Larka had done it before.

The questioned from Akira however made Larka blink, she hadn't expected to be asked that.  Still, no point in lying to the little fox.  "I was out exploring since I had heard of this place and wanted to see it.  And, I am looking for someone, another woman named Celeste, she's my wife."  She somewhat regretted saying that, wondering how much of such things Akira knew of, it seemed in these lands that not everyone like the idea of two women marrying.  Still, it was out there.  As they walked Larka ignored those around them staring, keeping Akira close.  "I was hoping to find any clues about her in the swamp, but I don't think there are any, and, if there are, I don't think I'd find them."  She continued.

Larka looked about and spotted a sign that said magical services were available, so she, carrying the child, went up to the person at the booth.  "Hello.  I was wondering if you can make a magical gate for myself and the little one back to Sularia?"  Larka asked watching the man carefully as he stared at her for a moment.

"Forty silver."  He replied simply.

Larka nodded and gently let Akira down and reached into her pocket and pulled out her coin purse.  She had to set it down on the table and take a handful of coins and count them one at a time from her hand onto the table in a different spot.  She got to forty and shoved the small pile towards him who scooped it up and dumped the coins into his own pouch before standing.  He took a few steps away to an open area and made a circle with his arms and a shimmer in the air appeared before the air itself opened up and one could see through the opening to the coloured streets of Sularia.  Larka smiled taking Akira's hand and looked down to the child.  "Ready?  It doesn't hurt, it kind of tickles and it'll be over before you know it."  She said as only a mother could in a reassuring voice to a child, even if they weren't her own.  She didn't know if Akira had taken this kind of gate before so warned her anyway and waited to let Akira take the first step, or she would have if Kyu hadn't barked and gone through first.  "See, Kyu is okay."  Larka chuckled, willing to carry Akira if the fox wanted it or drag her if she had to, whatever got them through the gate before the mage closed it.

OOC: Shawn
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
Sadly, for only being five years old, no one knew quite how much Akira truly understood, how much she's actually witnessed. Too many nights she watched a woman approach different people, disapear with them for some time, then come back to do it again. She has watched women walk off with women, men with men. Once she followed them, and they made the oddest moaning sounds while hugging! She also didn't understand why one would hug another with their pants around their ankles. It was too weird to even think about replicating.

"Celes walk in swamp? She like ghost?" Larka had found a place she was looking for, and asked for a gate to a place called Sularia. "Larka, Sulerya has color rock?" Just like Celeste's name, she didn't quite pronounce the city properly, not that she understood that. Remembering what Shiloh had mentioned about trading things, the man requested what sounded like a lot of coin. Eagerly, balancing on her tippy toes, hands and nose on the counter, Akira strained to watch each and every silver be counted.

Each clink of the precious metal was musical, and she had to fight to keep her hands where they were, not outstretched to grab for the shiny. The right amount was counted, pushed toward the gate maker, and the pouch retrieved. He made the air shimmer, and an image appeared of the colored blocks she remembered. Excited, Akira clapped her hands. Kyu ran through, and Larka was laughing about the puppy's preemptive action.

Standing before the portal, Akira bent her knees slightly, little fists clenched close to her ribcage, her butt wiggled slightly as she aimed. As the child she was, she squealed as she jumped through. Arms were raised triumphantly while she and Kyu ran around in circles. "Larka! Larka! Rowan this way!" Akira exclaimed, before darting off with Kyu close at her heels. Never straying too far from the Reaver, the pair acted as if they were both pups of the same pack. Leading her way through the streets, the child found the largest house, The Yellow Rose mansion. "See? See?" She was literally bouncing up and down as she pointed at the house, beaming up at Larka.

~~

Sadly, her return to Sularia was short lived, as the promise of adventure and shiny lured her away again.
[End]