Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Umbral Depths > An Open Secret [Open to one more]
Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Alignment: TG
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
Hiro knew his father would probably storm the place and start knocking heads immediately, but the son was a little more cautious than his father.  He did not have the raw power his father had.  He had to be more careful in battle, considering he couldn't just flatten lesser mortals with godly magic.  Moliira complimented Hiro on his thoughts, he smiled a little bit, pleased a bit, but not going to let it go to his head.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Arlin.  I hope you can handle yourself, because it's quite dangerous here, especially for people like us.  We both stick out like a sore thumb, unfortunately.  I bring my swordsmanship and fire magic to the table.  What are you?  A some kind of ranger?  A mage?"  Those were typical professions of elves.  He looked over the man noticing the shield and sword at his side.  He didn't see a bow nor a staff on him.  "No, you must be some kind of warrior, considering how you're armed and how strongly you're built.  That's unusual for elves, no?"

Moliira brought out a map of the town, he noticed the tavern they were in was on the map, and there was indeed a church in town, built alongside one of the city's walls.  It would indeed be easy for a passage leading into the Depths to be located there.  "I agree, though I'm wondering how to approach this without having an army of cultists and possibly city guards descending on us.  Just barging in swords and spells a-blazing would get us likely killed.  On the other hand, stealth was never my forte.  Any ideas?"

DarkArlin

Character Info
Name: Arlin Malavar
Alignment: CG
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Berserker
Silver: 533
Arlin nodded as the two introduced each other.  He quickly grabbed the chair in front of him, spun it around, and straddled it with the back between him and the table. “Indeed, I do need something to occupy my time here.”  One could never be too careful with new companions.  It also let him rise easily if any of the hostile drow in the bar behind him were thinking they would start trouble with him.  Let them, brother.  I’m growing so bored. It’s been at least twelve hours since we killed someone.  Do you ever shut up?  The voice chuckled and lapsed into silence.  Letting out one small soft sigh, Arlin continued listening to Moliira and Hiro.

His gaze turned to Hiro’s questions first.  “Ah, a warrior is close enough to the mark. My clan was…unique… Time molded us differently than our more scholarly, physically-lacking brethren given our choice in combat and in habitat. ” Oh come now.  Tell him you’re a blood-crazed fiend, a butcherer of babes and women, and torturer of men. Everyone loves you when the party starts.  Sit in your cage silently until you are called. No. That is not how this works, brother. Arlin’s eye twitched in barely suppressed irritation as he patted his current arms. “These aren’t my usual choices however, so as soon as we leave here I will procure my preferences in the market outside.  I have yet to battle test a dwarven-made blade. “

The redhead’s mind turned back to Moliira’s comments concerning the church and passages into the Depths.  “What is our goal in seeking entry further into the Depths?”  He glanced over at Hiro. “ Disguises, perhaps?  We could seek out three cultists and steal their garb. I assume the cultists here are most likely dwarves or drow, so we could have Moliira take point and we keep our heads down to avoid the confrontations that would arise due to our races.”  Or…you could grow a pair and walk straight through.  Are you getting a little squeamish, brother? Arlin did his best to ignore the voice.

"Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore if it be goodness. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of our own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
There was something strange about the elf, something that Moliira could not quite put her finger on.  Not without a bit of probing, something she wasn't going to do without a good reason.  Again, she let the young Kouen have his words, and she was glad to see that he had learned caution.  There were times that his father's brash attitude could still be of use, and Moliira found herself wondering if he would find a good balance.  She nodded as the elf explained himself, he was a bit odd.  Most elves eschewed up front and physical combat, even her kind.

For a few moments, she let them sort out what they thought might be a good idea.  It wasn't until Arlin was done did she speak again.  "My kind can see through most disguises, be it in your mannerisms or something else.  The best that we could hope for would be my claiming you as slaves, and there is a chance of that getting you killed as well," Moliira said, with a firm shake of her head.  No, to retrieve an artifact, it might be better to try other tactics.  Taking another sip of he tea, she considered the options.  Moliira had a few thoughts as to just what might be going on.

"I think we should go take a look around that abandoned church first, make sure of our idea.  they will likely be focusing on our kidnapped friend.  I would guess they are trying to get more information from him.  So let us go take a look and see what we can find out," Moliira said with a grin.  She dropped a coin on the table and headed into the city at a calm saunter.  She led the pair towards the church, making small talk to distract anyone trying to listen in.  There was something odd about the church once they arrived, something Moliira couldn't put her finger on at first.  "Those stones, they are different from the surrounding stone.  Even if our friend is not there, something interesting is happening.  Front door or side?" she asked, curious as to what the two would choose.

Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Alignment: TG
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
Arlin suggested disguises as a way to get in.  Neither of them could pass as Drow unless magic was involved, disguise magic was something Hiro lacked.  Moliira brought up the point if the two of them would pass as slaves, but would likely be found out as well, since drow were adept at seeing through such ruses.  Hiro scratched his head in frustration.  "Such a pain.  Parley wouldn't work without saying, disguises won't work, we have to do this either stealthily or the brute force way.  What if Moliira sneaked in, she's the only one that could pass as one of the cultists.  We need more information, though, what are they worshiping?  We need recon.  That's what I'm curious about.  I've heard stories of Drow worshiping some kind of spider goddess or some such.  Maybe it's something like that?  At any rate, I'll look forward to seeing Arlin in battle.  I've never heard of a warrior tribe of Elves."

They decided they would make their way to the church, they discussed small talk while they walked.  Once they arrived at the church, Moliira pointed out that the stones around the church were different from the surrounding rock.  "That's strange, it wouldn't make sense to transfer rock from somewhere else here, considering we're surrounded by nothing BUT rock.  Would this building have been literally MOVED from somewhere else?  Would that make sense?"  The front door or side door?  He thought about that, any of them could be defended just as well as the others.  Then it occurred to him.

"Why not both?  There's three of us, right?  We can split up, take the front and side doors.  They won't know what's going on.  They'll be confused about where the enemy is coming from.  Surprise we can take advantage of.  They can guard all the doors, but they wouldn't expect a pincer attack, I think."  His father would probably approve of such a plan, since it seemed tactically sound, and wasn't underhanded.  Hiro wasn't as concerned about honor as his father was, there were right things and wrong things, but most people would take advantage of you if you let them.