Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Awakening (Open)
Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Alignment: CG
Race: Minadrias
Class: Guild Leader
Silver: 2848
So far the man had said nothing else and anyway he was inconsequential as far as Kythe was concerned; all that Kythe was bothered about was Liara, the woman was lost and confused and she was Kythe’s responsibility just as she always had been and always would be – now that the woman was back in her life Kythe was going to do her utmost to take care of her.
She felt Liara’s hand take her own and the woman turned her head towards her and gave her a small smile, squeezing the hand in return as she saw the tears in Liara’s eyes. Kythe’s defensiveness where the woman was concerned was probably fairly familiar to the fallen Goddess; how many years as Liara’s Champion had she stood between those who had come seeking an audience and the Goddess she had pledged her allegiance to? Always with one hand upon her sword hilt, ever aware that any one of them could try something villainous.

Smiling she nodded. ”Dear heart I would never have pledged my life to yours if were awful.” She snorted as she immediately took the bag from Liara and slung it over her own shoulder to carry it for the woman; casting Mordekai a warning glance as she saw the Elven man open his mouth to protest against her carrying anything she did not need to. ”Of course you’re coming home with me; where else would you go? As if I’m going to let you out of my sight.” She snorted. ”Valandil has returned to the Fort to send home my Airship and pre-warn Kiba of our arrival; last thing we need to do is give my poor son a heart attack when he sees you with me.” She smiled, all thoughts of the man that had interrupted them gone from her attention (short of ensuring he didn’t hurt Liara) while she dealt with her poor friend.
Liara Shadowborn

Character Info
Name: Liara Shadowborn
Alignment: CG
Race: Half vampire
Class:
Silver: 481
Liara managed a genuine smile as Kythe picked up her tatty pack and slung it over one shoulder. As she surveyed this dear dear person from head to toe, she felt ready to start stitching together a new life with fragments of the old, and she felt confident that little by little she would gather her fractured memories back to her. All would be well.

Although, as she looked over Kythe, something else slowly dawned on her. Kythes waistline was more than ample. “You’re pregnant” it was almost an accusation. “You’ll need a midwife. I’ll take care of that.” She flicked an imaginary speck of dust from her dress primly and smiled as if everything was now organised to her satisfaction. “We’ll discuss it in depth later. Now, how long until this airship of yours arrives ? I’m eager to be away.” 

By by the time the airship did arrive and Liara followed Kythe from the tavern, she was already contemplating how she might find her feet, earn some money, make a home of her own and perhaps afford some better clothing. She would think about her lost children and their father later, when she was braver and more ready to face whatever the truth may be.

Head held high, shoulders back, looking every inch the imperious lady, Liara Shadowborn, former Goddess of Death, boarded the airship belonging to her former champion, taking the first steps in returning to her former glory, endlessly grateful that Kythe had happened across her, bewildered in this new world. As she left, she took a moment to glance back at the stranger who had interrupted them, allowing him an apologetic smile. Perhaps one day soon their paths would cross again and they would have the opportunity to talk.