Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Deal or No Deal? [P]
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
Shiloh said nothing as the man slowly and surely began to peel off his mask, bits and pieces at a time. Her face was impassive, like an observer behind a panel of glass. It was…informative seeing Count Montefort show his true colors. For all his pomp and circumstance, he was a man who had decided to wholeheartedly dedicate himself to a cause after experiencing the dregs of despair. She was mentally ticking off boxes as she analyzed his facial expressions and thought patterns. Driven, disillusioned, hopeful, expectant, easily disappointed, trusting, and most of all–proud. It would seem that her message had been misunderstood. She had intended to make it so she was seeing him eye to eye but he interpreted her as looking down from above. This was why she had so much trouble dealing with nobles; they had so many expectations and if you didn't live up to their expectations they would throw a fit. 'That's not how you're supposed to be!' His face was screaming. 'Gods are supposed to be benevolent, infallible beings of the higher order!' She saw in the outrage within his eyes.

Well too bad for him, because that wasn't who she was. She was a business owner and an odd-jobber before her duties as a deity, and even then it was something she had never asked for. For someone so hopeful believing he would be meeting a paragon of wisdom and grace, she smashed his expectations like a set of fine china. At any given moment she could have interjected and corrected his misconceptions, defended her choices and back them up with reasoning…but she didn't. Instead she listened as he went on a tirade, upset and angry for being disappointed. Shiloh watched as he went on to prove what kind of man he was, voicing how badly he had seen the world suffer without attempting to hide his own prejudices. For a moment, she felt bad. It was terrible, here he was just coming in to discuss the terms of his loan but instead he was baring his faults and shortcomings in painful clarity. So it was true that people felt shame if they were put in a lower position than they were used to. Did he really hate having to ask for financial assistance this much? 

Noting the number of times he had sipped from his cup, she figured his better judgment was already in the process of being impaired about now. He had loosened his tongue too much, and if it weren't for her distorting the air around them–he'd be losing more face than he had. Speaking before he finished would be useless, as he wouldn't listen. Better to let him vent, and think about it later. It was painfully awkward when he kept repeating over and over about 'but a divine should', spilling his guts and other things he might come to regret saying after. It was cases like these that reminded her why she loathed showing her face to the public. The last thing she wanted was a bunch of idealistic sycophants singing praises to her name, putting her on a pedestal like some golden idol. If she was Salem, the odd-jobber or 'that shipping company captain', then people would act more like themselves. They wouldn't have to spend thirty minutes here for putting on airs. Yes she understood the purpose of being polite, but they should really stop treating her like a thing and more like a person.

And so, contrary to what one would expect–Shiloh wasn't too upset when Simon began essentially griping. Though really she would've liked if he had gotten straight to the point instead of telling half of his life story… When he cut his hand a bit too much, she raised an eyebrow. It must be the alcohol getting to him. She just needed a drop, not thirty. Before he stormed out of the tavern, she called out after him with an oddly neutral smile. "That settles it then. The maturity date is five years from now. If you really do intend to use your station for the sake of protecting people, make sure to keep your word." A concerned serving girl then approached and handed her the total for the man's bill, and she fished out a handful of silver. Once she was gone, the deity slipped out the back door and headed for the docks where her airship was waiting. "You're a nice person Simon, I'll give you that. Aside from your pride, maybe if all the nobles had your mindset things wouldn't be so bad." Waving to Erasmus up above, she waited as the door opened to board the Clephsydra.

As the airship left Adeluna she watched as the shore drew further and further away. "How was the meeting?" A bearded man made of metal took a seat across from her, watching where her gaze was. "It was alright. I think I learned a lot today, Archytas. It doesn't matter how high they're born; essentially humans are all the same. I suppose I will have to adjust my strategy the next time I interact with nobility. They prefer niceties and honeyed words compared to who you really are." She stated, leaning back against the seat. "Ah, a bit too blunt today, were you?" The automaton chuckled, crossing his arms while shaking his head. "I did better than last time. He left sorely disappointed with me though. Judging by his reaction, he probably misunderstood half of what I said. How is obtaining achievements out of your own strength something to be ashamed of?" Shiloh asked, leaning forward so that her head was on the table. "Well you could start by giving me a bit more context, captain. I won't be able to make a proper guess with your interpretation alone." He replied, and she began to repeat everything that had happened in the past hour.

"It would be nice if people realized the deities aren't a bunch of all-mighty beings and give respect instead of supplication. I can't be everywhere at once, even though I try to be. I hope his tournament goes well. It'd be bad for him if he had to come see me again after exploding like that. I'm not sure if his pride could handle it." She mused. If all the nobles in the world were like him, perhaps she wouldn't have had to fight tooth and nail just to breathe back in Marhaven. Even if he was a bit self-righteous with a lot of unrealistic preconceived notions, as long as he didn't let those things get in the way he'd do just fine. "Never thought Simon would have such a nasty temper. I wonder who his son takes after…" A wry smile crept across her face as she listened to the hum of the airship's machinery.

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.