Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > Why can't I just drink alone?
Degant123

Character Info
Name: Johann Helmut-Ribentrop von Blackwald
Alignment: LG
Race: Human
Class: Aspiring Mercenary
Silver: 0
The Winking Mermaid, the Tavern most known for it's informal singing contest and for the fights that break out and often spill into the streets because of this contest, though this tavern, as always, will be just a backdrop for the story of a lone grumpy man trying to drink his cheap and kind of shity alcoholic beverage in peace. The name of the this man about whom this story will be about is Alexander Krieger, son of Augustus Krieger and Susan Krieger, a simple man hailing from from equaly simple villiage of Generica, a Mercenary willing to do most things if the price is good enough and a guy who pushed a knight from the cliff because he rambeled too much, also he declined the proposal of raising Alexander's pay a bit, this haves to do with fact that Alexander could do with this asshole's rambling if he paid him a little bit more BUUUT NO, IF HE DOESN'T LIKE HIS RAMBLINGS THEN HE CAN LOOK FOR SOMEONE ELSE  BOOHOO, if the afterlife exists I bet that this knights regret not paying Alexander more. But nowe we should describe the look of Alexander so our dear readers would have at least consisten idea of how he looks, first of the thing that is most visiable: The clothes, Our Grumpy Mercenary man wears full plate armor with the exception of the helmet, which is laying on the table next to Alexander, insted of Vambraces he weares full platt gauntlets, the rest is kind of normal with,again, exception of the helmet which look somewaht like an metal hat with metal mask attached to front of it, and on the back there is a chainmail hood, under which is also a leather hood. The front plate of the helmet has to somewhat narrow slits for eyes and few very small holes in the region of the mouth for breathing, the top of the helmet has a medium sized brim, and forgive me for the using this comparison again, like that of a hat. Besides his armor, this man also wears a simple sleevles robe, which clearly isn't sleevless by design, no someone or something must have torn the sleeves from the robe, but is one would to look near the belt region of this man body one could easliy indetify the person who is the perosn responsible for this robe's lack of sleeves, for this man wears an improvised belt made out of torn out sleeves, to this belt is also tied simple mace but sturdy mace, on his back rest a simple backpack, in his right arm he holds a tankard filled with cheap and shity booze and in hi left he holds his wizards staff. His face was rather pale with clear bags under his brown eyes, also he clearly didn't shave for a long time for a proper bronw beard decorates his face while on top of his heads rest messy, beaver like, mass of , you guesed it, brown hair. By the way Alexander was sitting next to the table in the middle of the tavern, because, and i quote here "Corners are for those perpetually mysterious jakcasses with an agenda"
lilithrie

Character Info
Name: Lily
Alignment: CN
Race: ??
Class:
Silver: 396
The singing contest in the Winking Mermaid was something every sailor at the docks had been speaking about excitedly. Not only on the docks had they been speaking about suck a contest but also upon their ships. When the sailors of the cargo ship arriving from Parvpora found out they would arrive just in time for their favorite weekly activity there was excitement and a lot of practice upon the ship on the way. The ship had few passengers requesting travel across the sea, usually air ships were the preferred method of travel seeing as they were much faster. One passenger who preferred the sea to the sky was a woman returning to Cantelux after a brief stay on the opposing continent. Even though she had paid for her stay upon the ship she had insisted upon helping where she could. She hated the feeling of being useless or doing nothing when others worked so hard around her. The trip had been an eventful one with all the singing for the contest. She had happily sang and danced along with these crude sailor songs and dis so without a care in the world. Rumor would have it that a woman being alone on a ship full of men might have something not so pleasant happen to her, but the men had all been polite and very much the gentlemen… after she had made it clear she was not one to mess with…

After having made port the talk of singing had remained and grew as the sailors from other ships joined in the chatter. When it was getting close to time she was invited along with them and happily accepted. Upon entering the tavern with the group of men she looked quite out of place. She wore a fine light blue dress that seemed to flow about her making her look almost like an air elemental as she fluttered about here and there ordering drinking for her new friends. Her pale skin stood out from their sea tanned tones as she mingled. Normally her long white hair would have been cascading down her back but she had found it got in the way when she was on the ship so it was currently braided and wrapped up upon her head. It was much easier to do even the simplest of things without it getting in her way. 

The music had started and things were starting to get a bit rowdy as the night went on. Mercury colored eyes scanned the crowd during one particularly crude song. Among all the joyous faces there was one that they rested upon, a most unhappy looking man. Usually those who were not enjoying themselves kept to the corner and side tables but here was this man sitting in the middle of this rambunctious crowd looking (in her mind at least) like someone had killed his pet then decided to throw a party because of it. This peaked the woman's curiosity. Why was he here if he was not into the singing? There were plenty of other taverns yet he had chosen this one. The gods must have their reasons. She thought as she made her way to the bar. She ordered two mugs of ale, a bit better quality than the one he was currently drinking, and made her way to his table. Somehow it had managed to remain empty of patrons except for himself which seemed unusual but that was a bit of a relief to tell the truth. She still was a bit wary of large crowds so a temporary relief from being surrounded so closely on all sides was welcome. Without even asking she sat down at his table with a polite, warm smile and slid one of the mugs his direction. "Hello, I couldn't help notice that you were all alone and grumpy looking amidst all of this. So I decided to buy you a drink and try and cheer you up." She said with an almost childlike innocence attached to her words.  Her eyes fluttered over his attire, sure he looked a bit…odd…. to her with his choice of clothing especially the belt…if you could call it that… but she was raised not to judge people based off of appearances. She also was raised in a way that if someone around her wasn't happy, or needed help in any way, she felt like it was her duty to help them, and that feeling ran deep within her. This man seemed so out of place and grumpy that she had an overwhelming need to make him be just as happy as everyone else around them. She smiled once again and spoke, "I'm Lily. I've just arrived from Parvpora and the whole way here the sailors could speak of nothing but this contest so I decided to check it out. What brings you out and about on this fine evening?" She had to start off with the usual small talk to get to the bottom of his grumpiness. He was a stranger so she couldn't just get into it from the get go, there was such a thing called manners and she would have them, unless someone didn't deserve them.
Degant123

Character Info
After a momment of rather intense and akward silence from the stranger, where he also didn't move an inch , something happened HE …………………. had taken the mug given to him and started drinking from it and he only stoped when he emptied the mug,after that came another long momment of silence where he only eyed her, scaning her from top to bottom……..then this wierd grumpy man finaly spoke
- Ok what needs to be done and what is the price, I hope that it is big seeing as you bought me a drink to sweaten the deal
lilithrie

Character Info
Class:
When he accepted her drink she was happy, bit her happiness melted into surprise as he downed the whole glass. There was a silence between them as she stared at him with surprise still clear upon her face. Then he spoke and she was confused about his words. What did he mean? There was more silence as she puzzled over his words for a few minutes until she finally came to the conclusion that he must think she was trying to hire him for his services. She wasn't sure what those services might entail but if it was like any of the girls she had met in taverns, then he was selling his body for money and that made her a bit sad. Sad at what this world had come to since her time forcing people to make a living off of the sins of others, selling their bodies and being degraded in such a way. She let out a sigh and said, "Don't worry about that. Let's just go with you enjoy yourself tonight without worrying about work. It's on me." She really felt bad for the man. He most not be making very much if the state of his clothing was anything to go off of. She couldn't offer him much in that department but she could give him a carefree night where he wouldn't have to worry about clients and just relax. "Just wait here a second." She said and slid her untouched drink over to him. She grabbed the empty mugs and made her way back to the bar. She ordered more ale and some bread, cheese, and a variety of spreads for the bread. She balanced out the two glasses of ale and the tray of food and made her way back to the table dodging the drunken sailors who had started up a fight, flitting about between them dodging their flying arms. She set the tray down and one glass of ale in front of him and said, "I haven't had anything since this morning so I'm a bit hungry, feel free to help yourself to some as well." She took a sip of her glass of ale and a bite of cheese on bread and smiled. Once she finished her piece of bread she asked, "So anyways, what's your name?"
Degant123

Character Info
This girl was realy odd, thought to himself Alexander, when the girl told him to "Not worry about that" in this voice filled with what seemed to be pity, then she walked off to somewhere but before that happened she asked him to wait there
- Pity?Why she would pity if………. oh fuck me she must be some kind crazy ass preacher hmlmmm If I play my cards right……. - whispered to himself the Mercenary
He started observing her more closely and he must admit that she doges those sailor with such a proficiency,It is almost like if they weren't there at all. Soon she came back with platter of bread,cheese and other stuff like an refilled mug and the best part is that he could take some of it,a offer he almost imidietly took by reaching towards bread to stuff his face with but before he could do that she asked him what was his name to which he answered
- Alexander
then he started stuffing his face
lilithrie

Character Info
Class:
She smiled and said with sincerity, "It's a pleasure to meet you Alexander." She seemed to be ignoring the fighting that was really staring to get out of hand all around them. The sailors were arguing and fighting over who had sang the best and should be the winner. As she took another piece of bread, watching as Alexander stuffed his face someone was pushes into the back of her chair.  She kept a smile on her face but the aura around her seemed to darken. "Excuse me for a moment please." She said with a tone of politeness carefully masking the anger she was feeling. These grown men were acting like children.  She stood up and turned around. The ominous feeling her aura was giving off seemed to spread throughout the room as she spoke, "If you would all please stop acring like children it would be much appreciated." A hush fell over everyone and the sailors froze as they felt the change in atmosphere. A few sailors from the group she had walked in with flinched at the sight of her and apologised quickly, "we're sorry Miss Lily, please forgive our rude behavior." The man speaking looked a bit frightened as he waited for her response. She looked at him with an emotionless gaze for a moment before the dark and ominous feeling I  her aura suddenly disappeared and ahe smiled again and nodded. She sat back down and ignored the few whispers before talking and then more singing eventually started up again, but there was a suspicious lack of violence for such a group of hardy sailors. She smiled at Alexander and said, "I do apologise for the interruption. Men can be such children at times." She grabbed the piece of bread she had been about to eat before and took a bite. "So, you seem to be a bit hungry, would you like anything else?"
Degant123

Character Info
"Well that was something" thought Alexander as he watched her reduce full grown man into a state of pants darkening fear, she must either br blackmailing all of them or she is somekind of witch, which wouldn't be suprising looking at the fact that she isn't exactly normal looking with the white hair and strangly colored eyes, well good thing is that unless someon throws a punch his way or he is paid to get involved, he will not get involved. So he waited there wondereing how to aproach things as to squeeze out as much free food out of her as he can, which shouldn't be too hard seeing as she just asked him "So, you seem to be a bit hungry, would you like anything else?" , "Man what a sucker I found or she wants to add something to my food buut if she wanted to do that sh could have just spike his drink the first time, unless she done that on purpose so he could be lulled into false sense of security hmmmmmmmmmmm" he thought as he considered his answer, but soon after that he came to conclusion that he will just ask for something solid which would be hard to poison just by adding something to it, though she could have used some spices……………….
- No there is no need for it, that will be enough for now - he said as he scratched his beard with his right hand while with his left he tightened his grip on his staff as to be ready to use it should the need ever come. Also while he preapered himslef for fight he also studied the room for any posible escape routes, good Merc should always have escapes routes at his hand at any given momment
lilithrie

Character Info
Class:
He seemed a bit uncomfortable or something with the way he was gripping his staff so tightly. And the way his eyes were darting about as if looking for a way to escape. She rested leaned back in her chair and observed him for a moment or two. Mayne he disnt habe anywhere to stay for the night and seeing as it was getting late wanted to go looking for somewhere? She then got an idea that she was certain would make him feel better.  Her face brightened and she said, "Hey, do you need a room for the night? This place does have a few rooms to rent. I could get you a room, then you could take a bath and feel netter and OOOOOH! I could help you with your hair! You'll feel like a new man and I'm sure it'd help your business if you were a bit more put together, all the ladies would come calling." Her excitement was starting to get the best of her. She jumped up with both hands on the table a look of childish excitement overcoming her. "It would be so much fun, what do you say?"
Degant123

Character Info
Alexander was very confused by what she said and also kind of terrifed, seeing as if he would to agree then he would have to spend his entire night with HER, a woman which made entire Tavern willed with hardy sailors who eat fists for breakfast, piss themselves, not very good companion, not to mention that she said something about bath and doing his hair and ladies coming to hiiiiiii……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………. "Oh Gods" was his first thought as he just realized that she thought that he was a male prostitute, which in perspective clears a lots of things up, though now he was even more confused, so much infact that all the grumpiness melted away from his face and was replaced by confussion as this guy tried to fiugure out who the hell was that Woman but but but but but butbutbutbut he was interupted by ehm something no one expected to happen for in this darkest and coldest hour for Alexander a light like of the flames bursts through the door of the tavern, quite literaly seeing as through those doors like realy through them as in something made a hole in the door and came through it, this something was ab Elf that was on fire and he was screaming his lungs out but not from pain no those were screams of anger
- ALEXANDER KRIEGER YOU TRUD MUNCHING MOTHERFUCKER - were his screams as this elf threw himself at Alexander though he failed to tackle him and insted he landed on the table at which Alexander and Lily sat at
- HOLY SHIT BOB?! I THOUGHT- Before he could end that some drunken sailor took a chair and smached it on Alexander's head knocking him out, after that Tavern spirraled into complete Chaos as a realy massive fight broke out in which the flaming Elf also participated because like he said
- OH FUCK YOU I AM THE ONLY PERSON WHO HAS THE RIGHT TO DO THAT TO HIM
lilithrie

Character Info
Class:
Her excitement was short lived as someone literally crashed through the door. She plopped back in her seat and stared at the elf who appeared to be on fire. The only reason she didnt go and help him was because his screams werent that of pain, he was yelling at Alexander. She stiffled a laugh at the language the elf chose to use. Her amusement was short lived as he lunged at the am across from her, missed and crashed onto the table. Her face became a mask of neutrality at this point. Chaos then broke out. She felt a rage build inside of her. She watched as Alexander was hit over the head with a chair and knocked unconscious. She closed her eyes trying to calm herself but the chaos around her was building even more. Her mercury eyes flew open burning with a boiling rage as those around her continued to hurt eachother. She glanced at the bartender who was looking bored cleaning a glass. He nodded slightly at her and sighed. She stood up quickly, knocking her chair over in the process and in a loud echoing voice said, "That's  ENOUGH!" She stamped her foot on the ground and a net of electricity sprung out from the contact, freezing everyone that was involved in the fighting with a paralyzing spell. A dark aura eminated from her as she glared around the room. Those who had not taken up fighting ran out the door. "Shame on you, all of you. Where are your manners. You are guests in this establishment! Didn't your mother's teach you anything! What would they say if they could see you now." She whirled her attention to the flaming elf, "and YOU! Put those flames out right now! Are you trying to burn the place to the ground?! If you don't put them out, I will force them out!" Her whole body glowed with a menacing magical aura. If he didn't put out the flames she would make it go out. He would get drenched in a stream of water from above his head. "What were you thinking breaking down the door! Do you not know how to use a handle? It has some you know!" She turned her attention to the sailor that had smashed Alexander across the head, "Why would you attack him? What has he done to earn an attack from you! Gah! You're all such children!" She sighed, her rage subsiding slightly. "Anyone who is injured stay here for healing, the rest of you, get out of my sight." She released the paralysis and almost everyone quietly left the tavern, feeling like scolded children. She made her way quickly through the remaining sailors and healed their injuries before turning her attention to Alexander. She sighed and went to check his condition, before letting her magic heal him so he wouldn't have any brain damage… She hoped…