Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > The Winking Mermaid > The Weave [P/R]
Lotus

Character Info
Name: Lotus Rose
Alignment: CN
Race: Rosenite/Succubus Demon
Class: Succubus?
Silver: 171
Lotus nodded up to Xunatar and let a deep sigh go. She was troubled by everything. “No, it’s not. Generally because to make something like this you need old blood on both sides. Bloodlines generally dilute but with the right breeding… following the right lines. Well Colden and Kirika meet the criteria rather well. If you meet Kirika… You could see it. She doesn’t even know it herself but the darkness? The darkness knows.”

She gave an apologetic look towards Dante as he got lost. He knew enough to follow along but unless you knew what she had read… well it was a hard thing to put together. Lotus took a step back when Dante did but Eldora? She didn’t. She didn’t seem scared or upset. Matter of fact… she seemed hollow.

She stepped up to Xunatar and looked at his eyes. If he would move to do something she would blink away but she could see him. She could read him. The spirits were yelling loudly. The bellow made Lotus jump but Eldora just leaned in. “Someone’s death just became certain. The spirits are screaming. The Soul-Stream is howling. The Casimir is singing.” It was a low tone she took. “Someone is going to die. It was uncertain before but now it is clear.” Her voice had changed dramatical. For a second she had a voice that was more like a perfect alto singing voice. It was gorgeous. Her eyes were flickering to a normal state of emotions and control.

“Maybe…” Eldora stepped way from Xunatar. “The time is right.” She felt the air and twirled her finger as if she was pulling on something. “You need to meet her. She is the guide.” She pulled at the air and it was a pulling motion towards Xunatar. “She is the key in multiple strings.” Lotus tilted her head for a moment.

“Eldora you don’t mean to bring our sister here do you? It’s dangerous.” Lotus spoke up finally and Eldora looked over at her sister and ducked down from something.

“But she is not stupid. She is intelligent and strong. Mother doesn’t know this. Mother hasn’t seen it. She doesn’t see what I see. She doesn’t know what the girl can do. The darkness does. It knows. It sees.” Eldora was fiddling with something now. “You need to meet her. Her blood is key. It will lure the witch out.”

For a moment Lotus was confused and then it was almost like an ah-ha moment. “You are going to ask Kirika for some of her blood?”

Eldora fiddled with a knife. “Just a tad.” Her eyes went to Xunatar. “The only way to lure the witch out… is to dangle what she so desperately wants. If we are lucky she won’t gamble and she’ll send Colden to fetch her.” At this point, Eldora knew that Colden would go. However, she was confused on who would be sent to fetch Kirika if she left her safe spot. “Mother knows nothing of Kirika’s personality. We use that.”

For a moment Eldora was gone. Before long she came back in a swirl of darkness. By her side, there was a slender girl. Her frame was gorgeous and supple but nothing like her sister Lotus. Her hair was long and dark, longer than Lotus’s. Her eyes though cut through the darkness of the room with an icy but warm glow. That was the only way Lotus could describe her blue eyes. “You see? Eldora doesn’t mislead you!” It was clear that there had been a disagreement between Kirika and Eldora.

“No, I suppose you did not.” Kirika’s voice was low and sweet as she stepped away from her strange sister. She moved with uncertainty. She didn’t trust a soul in the room. The dress she wore was black and cupped at the sleeves. Silver decorated just below the bust line. It was the darkness that swirled around her that was interesting. Lotus had never taken the time to see just how protective it was of her. It was grabbing at her or wisping around individual curls as if it needed to protect everything about her.

“Eldora said that… Mother took Colden,” Kirika said Colden but she looked to Lotus to see if that was the actual name of her brother. She knew of him but never his name. “Colden, then.” Her fingers played with each other as if she was confused on what to do next but she stayed far away from everyone. Her eyes lingered on everyone in the room. “I barely know my mother but what I do know of her… I would like to help.” There was a charge in her voice now. She was charismatic, like Cyprus, but her heart held no malice. “Too long have my people lived in the shadows fearing what she would do to them.” A person of the people. A leader. “I wish to have her ended as she should have been. I’ve buried the bodies of those who she has ended and it is high time she paid for her crimes. What she has done to my family and to my court… what she plans to do. I could care less about myself but I do wish to help Colden.”

Lotus bit at her lip a bit and looked at Xunatar. “This is Kirika. Do you see what the book says? It’s true.” Lotus let out a frustrated sigh as she stepped towards her sister. Kirika took a step back and stared at Lotus. “Good, you remembered what I said about trusting people.” Kirika nodded to her. “Lord Xunatar… if using my sister’s blood as a bait would work… would you agree to it? I would rather not hold her down and make her… She is alright with it so I see no problem with it. We could give it to you in an attempt to either lure her out or get Colden back.”

OOC: I am Brittlez! My name is Angela Rose!
Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
Dante had to admit that he had never seen his father in such a foul mood before. Clearly dealing with the woman had finally found its way underneath his skin with her scheming, lies, betrayal and more. Cyprus was as good as dead as far as he was concerned, and surely everyone in the room would felt the same. Eldora’s cryptic words were starting to grow on him- typically he would have rolled his eyes at the strange woman but it couldn’t be helped. She was but another person that was damaged by her mother in her path to hell.

What did surprise him was that she had the gall to move up towards the demon as he stared into her, demanding to know what she spoke of. Fortunately she gave it to him, though when the actual message came out, he looked dumbfounded at her. If she doesn’t know who it is that will die, then how does she know someone will?”, Dante asked, scratching his head as he thought more about it.

Xunatar calmed himself down and his eyes returned to their blue hue, though the feeling radiating from him made it obvious that he was still frustrated. How he wished to snatch her soul away and imprison it for his own amusement. If only he was so lucky to be the first to caught her. Cyprus would rue the day she had ever let herself be bedded by the likes of him. He shot a look towards Eldora and what she was suggesting- to bring the sought after sister here. Dante tilted his head,“Are you sure that is a wise idea? Her agents may still be lurking about.” He shook his head at her strange motions and looked towards his father to see what he thought about this.

The older demon didn’t seemed phased by her words, but there was a bit of understatement as he nodded. She disappeared and reappeared with Kirika, and the new sister made his eyes widened. She was a sight for sore eyes much like the others and he was pondering how lucky he was to be in a house full of beautiful women at once. Mentally he was licking his chops but one terrifying glance from Xunatar squashed any lustful daydreams he could muster. “I’ll behave”, he sighed with some annoyance behind his words.

The idea intrigued his father as he stepped forward and casted his impartial gaze onto her before turning to Lotus. “If that is the case, then so be it. I care which one I lure; if it's your brother, I will make sure he isn’t harmed. If its Cyprus that cames to the siren’s call, then…”

A devious smile crossed his face, perhaps more terrifying than his foul mood from earlier. “She will wish that she was dead. At least then I couldn’t reach her.” He came around to Dante and leaned into his ear, “Carrie, Beelze and Steele will be informed and they will hunt her down. Rize and Freya has not been seen for some time now. Keep your eyes and ears open, Dante.” He nodded and rubbed at his temples; the family was coming back together now it seems. 

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Lotus

Character Info
Lotus gave an apologetic look to Dante and moved in to explain. “Fate strings Love. Everyone at least has five hundred at one given time. It all points to a different scenarios and different outcomes. However, once you make a choice those narrow down. For instance, Eldora is probably reading death as an outcome for several of us. At any given time she is reading everyone around her. She has to concentrate to find those she wants. Which is why it takes her so long to find Colden. Mostly because he is not right there with her. She paws at the air because while she can see the strings we can’t.”

Eldora was watching the air again. “They are all different colors. All very pretty.” The oracle gave a smile to everyone in the room. “The blue ones are my favorite. They look like that.” She pointed to the color of Xunatar’s eyes.  Lotus was about to say she could protect Kirika when Eldora spoke up. “Kirika is the mistress of assassins now. If anyone should be afraid it is Mother.” There appeared to be an alternate reason for wanting Kirika there. 

Lotus was a bit taken back by what Eldora was saying. “She must have read that as well… The things she sees are different. I can’t see Kirika giving the order to kill someone right now but… maybe that has changed?” There was a musing.

Once Kirika was there and they were all engaged Lotus looked amused by Dante. Kirika was all for the luring aspect but she felt like she could do more. “I can also work on finding her. If we work on finding where she has been there might be a sort of pattern.” Kirika was playing with her fingertips as she spoke. “Information travels in the shadow district fast. My people know what to do if they are found so our goals would be shroud in secret.”

Lotus cocked an eyebrow. “And what’s that?”

Kirika appeared uncomfortable for themselves. “They will kill themselves in light of no way out.” Such was the line of work that Kirika had taken over. “I am not above carrying on what Arri needs me to. When it comes to sensitive information I shall do whatever to make sure that we have what we need. Adapt or die. I’ve only one set course.” Eldora giggled at her last words. “Unless Eldora has something she hasn’t told me?”

Eldora shook her head. “You’ve grown up. A lot.” Eldora came over and danced around Kirika for a moment looking her over.

“Yes, you are not the girl who took over a year ago.” Lotus narrowed her eyes on Kirika. She was playing with the fabric of her dress.

Kirika tilted her head at everyone. Was it that hard to think that she could handle business? She was given this job for a reason shouldn’t she have been able to handle it. For a moment she had a weird look on her face. “One moment.” A man appeared by her side. He was whispering in her ear. After a few words and a thank you from Kirika he left. “You shouldn’t have any more trouble in Adeluna. I’ve cleared the city. Eldora said there were people here hunting so I thought I could at least make it safe for Lotus.” Kirika was fast and obviously good at picking who took care of her problems. “If there is anything my assassins can do that is within my power please let me know. I do offer to map out where she has been.”

Lotus nodded and got a vial so she could put the blood into it. Kirika pulled a little dagger out and took the vial. “I can do it,” Kirika said lightly as she cut herself and put the blood into it. The wound healed as soon as she was done with it. Kirika approached Xunatar wearily and held the vial out to him. “I need to return home but I do hope if I can help… that you’ll have Lotus or Eldora tell me. I’ll be in Arri. Cleaning up Mother’s mess.” She nodded to her sisters before she made her leave.

“Busy girl for how young she is,” Lotus laughed nervously. Eldora was bored of everything as she was laying on the bed pulling at the air. “You can leave too you know?” Eldora rolled and looked at everyone.

“I like Xunatar. His strings are pretty and chaotic.” The sister laughed and Lotus rolled her eyes lightly.

“Priorities Eldora. This should be everything now. We just have to lure Colden or Mother. I would suggest we take Kirika’s offer. Under the threat of violence Arri’s assassins were some of the best. I bet under Kirika they are ten times better. Punishment versus reward system… and all that.” She waved her hand as she thought. Eldora was now watching thing around Xunatar as if mesmerized by something. Lotus began to snap her fingers and Eldora was thoroughly caught in whatever web she was staring at. A sigh let her lips. “Honestly, is this why you don’t come out often?”

“Dead men are more interesting, they don’t talk. Long-lived men are better for tales but talk too much.” Eldora tilted her head. It sounded weird but for Eldora, it wasn’t. It showed by how quiet she normally was. She was assaulted constantly by the voices of the Soul-Steam. It made sense why she liked quiet people. Lotus looked at Dante and gave another apologetic smile. Eldora was useful but weird.

Xunatar

Character Info
Name: Xunatar Norcross
Alignment: CE
Race: Demon
Class: Fallen God
Silver: 3157
This was beyond absurd; the demon lord didn’t wish to align himself with the other offspring of the shrew. It was bad enough that he had helped her spawn Colden, though the boy had received one of the gifts that he sought out. That only made him wish to safekeep him from all, including the boy himself. He was truly unconcerned with whatever happened with the rest of her children, but it seemed it couldn’t be helped- they were Colden’s blood as well plus Dante had to get involved with one of them. Truly lust was more of a curse than a blessing when one couldn’t control their own loins. But nothing of his true thoughts came out of his mouth nor showed in his expression. If anything at all was lured out of Xunatar, it was that of a bit of uncomfortableness that came when Eldora paid him a bit more attention. It had been bad enough that she seemed unfazed by his temper- it was as rare as it was dangerous to express that side of him.

No, the woman’s quirkiness for a lack of another term seemed to be the result of Cyprus’ motherly love. No doubt all of her children had been broken one way or another. Hell knows he had to mold Colden to his liking, even though he was already an adult. That would just make it all the more challenging.   

While the women talked and Dante continue to ogle them, Xunatar took it upon himself to open his mind to Carrie and let her hear the conversation through her own head. She was the closest to where Colden was supposedly hidden and likely Beelze would be there two. They were giving the permission to do what they saw fit if Cyprus or her lackeys showed up. He was beyond playing her games now. It was because of that he was willing to stomach this alliance though there would be darker motives for his participation.

Taking the vial of blood into his hands, he nodded and held it high to the light to inspect it. His fingers lightly tapped at it before Kirika took her leave. He suppose that since her mother was keen on getting her hands on her daughter, he would find some way of making her a piece of his game. His thoughts were disturbed once again by the weird one, though he saved face and looked to her inquisitively instead of giving her an awkward stare. He had no idea of what these babblings meant, but he couldn’t say that she was far from being right in terms of prettiness and chaotic. “You have no idea”, he spoke with a faint smile before he could hear his own daughter sigh in frustration. He mentally hushed her before taking another look to the vial. “Will there be anything else we will be requiring?” Would it be enough to lure the witch out of her cottage and into the daggers awaiting her?   

Dante had been out of the conversation until now, a thought hit him. “Father, has she been informed of this yet?” He would have spoken his right hand’s name, but felt as though his father would have disapproved sadly. It didn’t take Xunatar long to guess who he was talking about and shook his head. “Not yet, but she will be shortly.” Lilith would have to be contacted soon and hopefully either she was looking for the brat or she was keeping a close eye to where he was.

Perhaps he wouldn’t have to so much as lift a finger at this point, just be there to watch these assassins rip her into shreds. If it was Colden, then he was unsure if they would be content with just capturing him. Eldora did say one thing that made sense to him, though he was unsure if they met the same thing. “Truer words were never spoken in that regard. Dead men also don’t lie.”

|You prophet of hate
You profit from faith
Truth-less, two-faced, two-bit
hypocrite
|

The Mad Admin, Brandon*
Lotus

Character Info
Lotus shook her head. “No, the blood should be enough. Though if you wish to make it entertaining you could always lace someone in an incognito spell and dab them with the blood. It will really piss her off.” There was an amused smile as she thought about her mother being angry. 

Eldora peeked up. “You should intentionally piss her off Lotus,” there were concerned blue eyes staring up at Lotus for the first time.

“An eye for an eye Eldora.” The words were flat but filled with a charged meaning. “I’ll make arrangements with my father. The last thing of him I heard was that he enjoying a new whore house that had opened up in Kurayo. That was last month. I’ll need his permission before I join in anything. He’s been oddly specific about what I do when it comes to her.” She crossed her arms. “He doesn’t have many rules but that one… it’s his biggest.”

Eldora tilted her head again. “I didn’t think incubi cared much.” She didn’t want to make a general statement about demons as she turned her head back to Xunatar. Her blue eyes were glowing so bright as she stared. 

“It’s true most of the time they don’t. Maybe someday I’ll tell you why.” Lotus was a woman who never played her full hand. She knew a lot of things but for right now she had told them everything she knew about the situation with her mother. If she didn’t she would get killed. However, things about herself didn’t matter and she could hold that information close. 

Eldora hopped off the bed and went back over to Xunatar. Lotus was watching her carefully as sometimes she went too far with what she said. “Mage knuckles.” As if she knew he would ask her why she tilted her head at him. “If you want help… want to know what could happen or what to do. Mage knuckles are my price. I like the cemetery. It’s quiet. Fresher the better. You save our baby brother I’ll help you. My sight is never wrong only changed. Also– lying is irrelevant to me.” There was a ghost of a smile on her face. “History, spirits, and the world around tell more truth about a person. You don’t need their words to tell you things.” She looked at the pool of water and went towards it. “Also,” She turned on her heel and stared right into Xunatar’s eyes.

“Angela isn’t your best friend but perhaps a trip to see her would be in order?” The words that fell from her mouth made Lotus’s mouth drop. “Colden might not be in one piece when you get him back. Should that be the case having a temporary truce with Angela will help. She is the best healer in all of Arri. Flawless work unless you want to be reminded of something.” She took the time to stare at Lotus who was glaring now. “Absolutely flawless. You could be hacked to be bits and Angela could piece you back together.”

“Eldora that’s enough. They don’t need to hear anything else. Go.” Lotus’s temper had been filled at that point. “And stop taking peeks at what you aren't supposed to.” There was that smile again on Eldora’s face as she climbed into the tub of water and away from the room. Lotus crossed her arms and scoffed. “Unfortunately what she says is true. If for some reason Colden is hurt Angela is your best bet. Plus I would image the other two gods are helping her now to track Cyprus. It wouldn’t hurt. I’ve seen her wrath. Only once but I’ll never forget it. A true mother’s wrath is the scariest thing I’ve ever seen in my whole life. You could take the time to ask Angela to protect Colden. If you do, she won’t go back on her word even if she needs to.”

It was clear that for as much as she complained about Colden she cared about him. “Artemisia wanted me to tell you that once if I ever met you. She loved Colden the most when he was born. Taught him how to walk and his first spell. Mother has taken everything from us. I don’t want you to feel sorry for us that’s not why I’m telling you this. I’m telling you this so when you kill that bitch you make sure this time she can’t come back. I’ll be damned if she takes anything more. Eleven siblings more I once had. They all protected Colden the best they could when he was born just like how they did for me when I was young. Dante knows how that ended Eldora showed you. Arte told me to make sure that Colden gains Angela’s protection but I have nothing to bargain since I owe her. I’m not strong enough to take on Mother. However, you are. If you could do that for us we would be appreciative. You don’t owe us any favors but I know you want Colden alive.” Lotus bowed softly to him and them a smile.

“I’ll have to go to Kurayo and find my father. If I get involved anymore in this I’m going to incur his wrath or get tied up and not let out. The last thing I want is to be a stuck princess in a tower because I disobeyed. I’m a lover, not a fighter.” She chuckled a bit at Dante before looking out the window. There was a flash of worry on her face for a few seconds. She was good at hiding things but not when they built up this much.