Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > Encounter With a Thief? [P]
Nero

Character Info
Name: Nero Hathorne
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class:
Silver: 240
Nero was very glad he made the girl laugh, even if it was unintentional. When they shook hands he made sure to shake her hand gently. He didn't want to hurt his new friend. When he saw the sun rising higher in the sky he let out a large yawn. He listened intently as she spoke. He smiled again after she had concluded. "Malika is also a very nice name! I'm very glade you told me" He looked at the girl as a though crossed his mind. "What reason do you have to be out here?" He asked with genuine concern. "The rumors about this area aren't very nice and you could have been seriously hurt if you had tried to rob some unsavory individual." 

He paused for a moment and made sure he had everything. "I need to start heading down the path. You are welcome to follow along with me. You don't have to I just would like to continue conversation with you." He walked for a small moment. After he had walked a few feet he turned around and waited for her reply.
Malika Jabari

Character Info
Name: Malika Jabari
Race: Half Baethorn
Class: Rogue, Wanted Outlaw
Silver: 74
She smiled warmly when he shook her hand. It was the first real greeting she had actually received from a human. It was nice to finally be treated like an equal and not a monster. She looked up at him when he let out a yawn. Interesting… his teeth aren't as sharp as I imagined them to be. I wonder how he defends himself if he doesn't have a weapon. She tilted her head curiously when he mentioned her name. Oh… he likes my name? Thats a first. Her cheeks turned a soft pink as she smiled warmly. "Oh, the rumors, right." She laughed softly. "I guess thats what drew me out here, along with the pitch forks and swords of some villagers. And I'm sure I could've manged to get out of getting killed if I had robbed a better prepared human."

Her interest was drawn in when he had invited her to follow the path with him. She was debating if she should go with him, or decline his offer and stay in the safety of the ruins where the humans and other species wouldn't bother her. She watched as he took a few steps forward and turned back to look at her. She balled her fists up and slammed them into her thighs. I'm done hiding! She smiled and trotted up next to him. "I would love to accompany you!"

"I never knew you, although you knew me.
I never wanted to get sent here, and yet you had no choice.
You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.
How could I call you a father?"

Nero

Character Info
Class:
"Hmmm, I don't know if I agree with you there. I don't mean to offend, but you aren't the most imposing figure" He took a moment to think about what to say next. " And it doesn't quite matter if you would get out of getting killed. You could've been seriously injured. If a group of bandits would've found you it wouldn't have been very pretty." Nero had a look of genuine concern as he spoke. "We're friends now, we should try and keep each other out of danger."

"Oh, and don't worry I'll make sure no pitchfork wielding villager chases you again." He jabbed the air in front of him a couple of times. "And if they do, I'll give 'em a few whacks until they run away." He let out a small laugh as he finished speaking. He walked for a small while before talking again. "Is there anywhere in particular you would want to visit? I just kind of wander around seeing new sights and meeting new people. I don't really know what to do with my life yet. I'm glad to have you accompany me. I typically travel alone, so it's refreshing to be able to talk to someone. Aha look at me, just talking without giving you a chance to. Do you have any goals you're working towards?" He continued to walk as they spoke.
Malika Jabari

Character Info
She raised her eyebrow as he talked about her height. Sure, she knew she wasn't very intimidating, but that was what she used to her advantage. "It takes a lot of effort to injure me to the point where I would willingly give up. Besides, if I needed to kill them to keep myself alive, I could just turn into a dragon." She said, exhaling a small puff of smoke. Her cheeks reddened softly when he had mentioned them being friends. Friends, huh? She let out a small giggle when he said he would defend her from the pitch fork carrying villagers. As she walked along side him, she kept on thinking to herself. Maybe not all humans are the same as the pitch fork carrying ones. She looked over to him when he asked where she would like to visit. "Hm.." She paused before speaking again. "Not really, I've already been to most of Canelux. If we could go to Egjora we could sneak onto an airship and go across the seas. Then there is the option that I could just fly us there."

She paused for a moment when he asked her if she had any goals. Goals…? I haven't thought about having a certain goal that I want to work towards. "Goals…" She paused to think, and spoke slowly. "Well… I haven't thought about it actually… maybe to find my family could be one, but I haven't made any progress. Staying alive could be one of my goals if one could call it that." Her tail swayed curiously. "It seems I still have to find out what my goals are I guess." She smiles warmly, and walked over to catch up with him. "What are your goals?" She asked curiously.

You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.

Nero

Character Info
Class:
Nero let out a slight chuckle as Mari spoke. He didn't really believe she was a dragon, but he continued to listen as she spoke. "I'm not sure if staying alive is really that much of a goal. It would be more like the prerequisite before you could accomplish anything I would think, but that still sounds good. Were you separated from your family? Why would you need to find them." Nero gave her a moment to answer before speaking again. "I don't think I'm quite done in Canelux yet, but going to another continent does sound like fun." He let out another light laugh as she spoke. "I'm not quite sure if you would be able to fly me across the ocean, I'm almost twice your size."

"I don't really have any goals yet. I'm just wandering around for now trying to find a purpose and maybe gain experience along the way." He paused for a moment to think about his next answer. " I would like to see new places I guess. If you couldn't tell I truly enjoy meeting new people. I would like to attend services at most of the major temples, maybe that would help me find something to do… maybe I could learn some magic!" He smiled as he spoke and began to laugh after he had finished
Malika Jabari

Character Info
Malika smiled warmly when he told her staying alive wasn't a goal. She knew full well it couldn't be considered ones goal to stay alive, but she couldn't think of anything else she wanted, or needed, to achieve. She kicked a rock out of her bath and watched it roll into a ditch. She looked over to him when she mentioned her family. She looked up at the sky as she took a moment to think. "Well… I actually don't know who my family is. Its almost like someone stole my memory. I have bits and pieces, but not enough to know who I am or where I came from. One moment I was running through a large rose garden the next I was falling from the sky and landing in a large field. And Its not like I need to find them, it would just be nice for them to tell me who I am, ya know?" She sighed, and reached her arms up to the sky, and began walking with her elbows behind her head.

She nodded slightly when he said he wished to stay in Canelux. It was an interesting continent to say the least. A small smile crept onto her face. "You just met me not an hour ago, I have a few secrets that will be able to carry someone thats two times my height large distances." She listened closely as he told her he also didn't have any specific goals. She paused for a second when he mentioned about finding a purpose. A purpose, huh? I've never thought of having one myself… She shook her head slightly and continued walking. She giggled and smiled when he mentioned he liked meeting new people. "I can tell you like to meet new people, no matter how bad they might be.." She looked over the landscape. She looked over at him when he mentioned about learning magic. "Magic huh… I can teach you some simple spells if you wish."

You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.

Nero

Character Info
Class:
Nero continued to walk along side her as she spoke. He wasn't quite sure if he believed everything she was saying. How crazy was it for someone to fall from the sky. "Sometimes it's better not to know them. Saves a little unneeded sadness later down the road. But if you want to find them, all power to ya!" He smiled wide at her again. "I think it matters more who you are now than who you were before! You're young enough that I'm sure it's not that big of the deal." He looked down at her as she stretched. A moment of silence followed. When she said she might had a way to carry him he let out a hearty laugh. He held up his arm and flexed his bicep. It was about average size. "I don't know…. I'm pretty large!" He couldn't contain his laughter as he spoke. "I really love meeting new people, you're right. I'm not sure if I think anyone is truly bad or good. It's all just a bunch of choices that we make every time we wake up. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not, but ya know what I mean."

"Magic huh? I guess we could try, let's find a good spot then!" He walked with her for a couple more minutes. "This'll be the perfect spot!" They had come to a ring of trees inside what looked like a courtyard. The stone building around it was weathered and worn with age. The trees made an imperfect circle around the open area. The cobbled ground was smoothed over with grass growing in between the stones. Nero ran to the middle of the courtyard. He spread his arms out wide and did a spin. "If this isn't magic-y I'm not sure what is! Ok, now what is it you want to teach me?"
Malika Jabari

Character Info
She perked up a bit when he said it was better to not know her family. Is it really better to not know the people ho cared for you? She thought as she kept walking. Unneeded sadness huh.. She looked down reflecting on his words. I'm pretty sure it could also be a necessary sadness as well. She looked up again and smiled when he wished luck on her finding her parents. "Thank you!" She smiled wider and began to walk with her elbows behind her head. "Yeah… it also matters about who I want to be in the future along with who I am now." She commented. She paused to let him speak and she let out a small giggle when he talked about his height. "I dunno! I can into a really big animal if I wanted to!" She looked up at the sky and nodded. "You can never know if a person is truly good or truly bad until you take the time to get to know them. But at the same time, theres always evil in good and always good in evil.

I never believe someone can be 100% good or 100% evil. Even deities can't be 100% good. And even Nemesis can't be 100% evil. I believe there has to be good in him somewhere." Her eyes flashed with curiosity as he mentioned wanting to try magic. As they continued walking, she watched as Nero ran over to the center of the aged building. She let out a childish giggle as he spread his hands out wide and began to spin. "I guess you could cal it magicy! But I wouldn't really know!" She smiled as she swiftly moved over the cobble stones to where he stood. Hm… what should I teach him? She stood in a stance with her feet shoulder width apart. "I don't want to teach you any complex spells, like Mythic Polymorph or anything else super duper tricky. So we should start with some simple spells, like Parvpora's Sight, which is a psionics spell. Do you think you could handle that one?"

You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.

Nero

Character Info
Class:
Nero was glad that what he said made her smile and laugh. All he really wanted to do was make people happy. Nero laughed again when she said she could become a large animal. He still wasn't quite sure whether or not he believed her, but he'd heard of people doing weirder things. "If you say you can carry me, I have no reason to doubt you." He shrugged his shoulders and continued to converse with her. "Yeah! I agree, I don't think anyone can be 100% bad or good. So even if someone has a reputation that would make other people shy away, I'd like to get to know them." Nero did believe the things he said. Nero felt that even people the world considered to be lowly and evil were worth meeting at least once. 

When she began to speak about magic Nero was completely lost. He didn't even know what was considered to be a complex spell. Terms like Mythic Polymorph and Parvpora's Sight flew directly over his head. He scratched the back of his head. "I'm kind of lost here. I don't really even know what a psionics spell is. Could you uh… maybe explain what Parvpora's sight is?" Outside of swordsmanship and getting a basic education, there wasn't much Nero had done. Of course he'd heard of magic, if he hadn't there wasn't a reason he would want to learn, but specific details such as types of magic and names of spells were completely lost on him. He flashed an awkward smile at Malika. "I hope this doesn't make you reconsider teaching me."
Malika Jabari

Character Info
Malika hummed to herself in her head as they continued to walk down the path. She felt a warm feeling in her chest when talking to Nero, a feeling she had thought she had forgotten long ago. She felt like she could be completely honest with him, and not have to hide her feelings. Well, I could hide the fact that I burned down several nomadic villages, but I would have a reason. She shook her head to clear her mind of the thought, and continued walking down the path.

She had glanced over at him when she began to talk about the spells and magikal abilities, and paused a moment when she saw the look of confusion over his face. Surely he has heard of magic since he asked me to teach it to him. So I guess thats something I could go on. She talk and listened to his response. "Ah, I see. Its very easy for one to be lost when first learning the early stages of magic." She said. Malika raised an eyebrow when he said he didn't know what a psionics spell was. Well, he might now know the types of spells, but he at LEAST knows what Parvpora's Sight is right? She froze in her tracks when he asked her what the spell was. She was completely unmoving, and looked like an expertly carved statue. Is he serious?! He try's to learn magic without knowing anything about it?! This dude has guts, I'll give him that.

She sighed, and began to move her body parts one by one. "Well… I guess we can start with the basics today. Finding which type of magic fits you most." She sat down with her legs folded under her, and placed her hand over a small shrived flower. Almost instantly, the flower began to grow to its full beauty. "Element one. Earth." She opened her palm in front of her, and a small ball of air began to form into her hand. "Element two. Air." She let the ball of air hang suspended next to the flower. Next, she filled a small bowl with water and placed it in front of Nero. "Element three. Water." She then tore a small piece of cloth off of her jacket, and opened her hand and mouth. A glowing orange and yellow light ignited in the back of her throat, and a small stream of fire shot out, lighting up the cloth which she then placed on a stone. "Element four. Fire."

She then looked up to Nero, and stuck her hand into the ground. The dirt trailed over hand hand and her eyes turned fully black. Small patches of earth began to shift around them, and half eaten rodent corpses began to rise from the ground, their fur tattered and bones showing. "Side element. Necromancy. Or as humans call it, black or dark magic." She released her hand from the ground and yet the dead rodents still moved and groomed themselves like they still lived. "I want you to chose which element speaks to you the most." As she said this, her eyes returned back to the normal orange and yellow with the light brown sclera. "If I can identify which element seems to be linked to you strongest, then I can train you the best to my ability. Although, if you do happen to find the sun attracts you the most, I will do my best to help you through your training in holy magic, though it is not my specialty."

You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.