Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > Encounter With a Thief? [P]
Nero

Character Info
Name: Nero Hathorne
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class:
Silver: 240
Nero had been wandering for a few days, and had finally come to the Ancense Ruins. He loved discovering new places and seeing new sights. Nero had heard stories about the catacombs and what lay in them. Did he believe these stories? Not really. He didn't come to this place in search of treasure. All Nero wanted to do was see the beautiful place the surface of the ruins were. From what he had seen so far it was a nice place. However, Nero couldn't help but feel on edge. He didn't know if it was the ghost stories getting to him, or if there was some reason to actually be anxious.

He pushed those thoughts aside and tried to find a nice place to rest. When he had found a suitable spot underneath a tree, he laid a blanket over the grass. Nero set his small amount of belongings next to the tree and laid down. It had been a good day of travel for him and he was content for the time being. The feeling of weariness faded as Nero relaxed. Eventually he dozed off and started snoring.
Malika Jabari

Character Info
Name: Malika Jabari
Race: Half Baethorn
Class: Rogue, Wanted Outlaw
Silver: 74
She had come to the ruins to escape from the busy city life of Adeluna. There were guards everywhere in the city, so it was hard for her to pocket a simple apple or pastry from shops or vendors without being noticed. Yet, she had managed to grab half a loaf of bread before running to escape the angry shop keeper. She had decided to take rest in the ruins, where her hard earned bread was stolen by some sly pixies. She had attempted to chase them, but the rubble was hard to navigate, and she had tripped over a root that had been sticking out of the ground. She sighed, and decided to look for a place to rest, for traveling from Laeto to Adeluna was hard work by foot. She was considering resting under a tree when she saw him.

A human traveler, who appeared no older than twenty had entered her line of sight. She quickly dashed behind a run-down stone structure and hide in the shadows, her dragon-like tail swaying slowly. He didn't appear to be hostile, but he had a rather large sword attached to his side. He was both taller and most likely stronger than herself, so she stayed crouched as the young man approached the tree she was going to rest in. She watched his movements closely, from the moment he laid the blanket down to the second he laid he belongings beside him. She narrowed her eyes at the small bag, and watched as he closed his eyes. She made her move quickly and quietly, moving over the rocked on all fours as she approached his bag.

She was about to take it when she noticed his face. He didn't look as scary as when his eyes were open. He looked peaceful and gentle. She smiled softly, as her bright fire-colored eyes glowed for a moment, before she returned her attention to his bag, and reached for it with slender hands.

"I never knew you, although you knew me.
I never wanted to get sent here, and yet you had no choice.
You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.
How could I call you a father?"

Nero

Character Info
Class:
Nero lay still as the woman reached for his bag. He was not deep enough in sleep to dream, nor was he a light enough sleeper to be woken by the small woman's light footfalls. As Malika's hand reached Nero's bag he suddenly turned to his side away from Malika. His arms splayed out and smacked the tree. The sudden jerk was enough to rouse Nero slightly. He slowly opened his eyes and groaned. "Ugh…. What time is it? Where am I?" After a small amount of confusion after waking himself up in the middle of his nap. He began to regain his senses. He sat up suddenly and stretched with a yawn.

"Ahhhhhhhh, Well I guess it is time to be off." Somehow he had still not noticed the thief next to him. He rose to his feet and began to stretch the other parts of his body. It was only after he had begun to collect his blanket had he noticed the small thief with her hand on his bag. It didn't startle him. A better description would be confusion. "Who might you be?" He asked quizzically
Malika Jabari

Character Info
She had tensed when she saw him flip onto his side, but payed no mind. But when he had flung his arms out and hit the tree, she knew she was in trouble. She watched as he rose from his sleep, and began to ask random questions. What time is it? I don't have a clock. She thought, tilting her head. Where am I? Well shouldn't it be obvious? We're surrounded by ruins! She let her look of alertness turn into a look of confusion as she raised her eyebrows slightly and narrowed her eyes. Then her expression turned to a look of suppressed fear as he began to sit up. She was as confused as she was scared. Should I make a run for it while he still hasn't noticed me? Se thought as her grip slowly loosened, but didn't leave the bag.

Then he stood up at his towering height and turned towards her while reaching for his belongings. He dragon tail rose up and curved behind her back in defense, as he locked eyes with her. She looked dramatically small compared to him, and was clearly the weaker opponent if it came to brute strength. But his question startled her. He didn't look scared or shocked at all, but had a look of confusion. When he asked who she was, she paused, looked away, then looked up at him again, her fiery eyes flashing with the glow of a flame, and the horns on the side of her head tilting upwards slightly as her lips parted slowly, and a small and child-like voice came from her mouth. "Your… not afraid of me?"

You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.

Nero

Character Info
Class:
"Huh," Nero yawned in the middle of his sentence. " What reason would I have to be afraid of you? You look and sound like a child." He was even more confused now. What reason would he have to be afraid of her. Nero was easily at least a foot taller than her. Nero still had a quizzical look on his face as he went about cleaning up. He continued to fold his blanket and collect his few possessions. Nero put two and two together eventually. He realized that the small woman was trying to steal from him, but it didn't really bother him. it's not like he had anything worthy of theft. " I don't have anything of value in that bag." He spoke with warmth as he finished collecting his belongings. He held his hands up in what could best be described as a non-threatening manner. He then pointed to his bag. "I need my bag so I can put my blanket and other belongings away." He held them up as well when he spoke. Nero looked down at the girl and slowly began to reach for his bag. His intent was to gently tug it from her grasp. 
Malika Jabari

Character Info
She shifted her weight from her left side to her right as he spoke. So I guess this human isn't as scared of me as I thought. She narrowed her eyes when he had said she looked like a child. Yes, she had a small appearance and a light voice, this she knew well, but she took great offense when someone mentioned her child-like appearance. She watched his face, and he showed no fear, just an expression of question. She followed him with her eyes as he began to pack his things, and tidy his sleeping area. Her dragon tail swayed slowly, as she tilted her head. She perked up when he had said he didn't have anything valuable in the bag. Thats exactly what someone would say if they had something expensive in their bag. She tightened her grip slowly as he raised his hands, but loosened it when she saw it was in surrender. She watched his hands closely as he pointed to the bag. So he holds items in it, huh?

She raised her eyes to meet his gaze again, and slowly began to shift her weight to the tips of her fingers and the balls of her feet, her metal boots scraping against the rubble of the ruins, making small sparks. She narrowed her eyes when they locked their gaze to each other, and her fiery orange and yellow eyes flashed a warm, yet menacing glow. When he reached for the bag, he tail curved over he back, and she let out a low hiss, baring her small wolf-like fangs, smoke coming from her nose and a small glow in the back of her throat, almost like a fireball waiting to be cast by a wizards wand.

You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.

Nero

Character Info
Class:
Nero brought his hand back slowly as soon as he saw the small woman ready an attack. Nero's confusion continued as the small girl hissed. "I have nothing of value in that bag." He smiled as he spoke. "You can check it, there is a whetstone, a dagger, and pair of gloves in there." He looked up as he thought for a small while. "Oh! I also have a few pieces of silver in it, but nothing worth fighting over."  He slowly set his blanket down and raised his hand again. "I have no desire to cause harm to you. I just want my bag back so I can put my blanket away." He backed away further. Nero didn't want the girl to feel threatened if she checked his bag.

It was after he backed away he noticed her tail. He didn't really care that she had one, it was just surprising. "Hmm?" He said softly. "You have a tail?." If it wasn't obvious now to the small girl Nero was not very observant. "And horns? That's odd. How did I miss that? But anyway just check my bag, I'm sure you'll find nothing of value." He smiled again.
Malika Jabari

Character Info
Malika slowly lowered her tail, and closed her mouth, the spark of light in the back of her throat disappearing. She tiled her head as he smiled. I could have gravely injured or killed him if I attacked, and yet he smiles like nothing happens? She was slowly beginning to believe him when he repeated he had nothing of value in his bag. She listened carefully as he spoke. Whetstone… a dagger, gloves. Nothing I need currently. She shifted, and slowly began to shift her weight, and lowered both knees to the ground in a more relaxed position, as her eyes filled with curiosity towards to the young man. She perked up as he tailed swayed when he mentioned it, and her eyes flashed curiously when he pointed out her horns. Did he just now notice I have these? Very unobservant this creature is.

She looked at his bag, which she still had a firm grip on, and slowly began to loosen it. She was tempted to look through his bag, but for some reason found no interest in it, only trusting him that there was nothing of value inside of it. She looked up at him, as she slowly began to rise to her feet, holding the bag in both of her hands, her large trident and bow staff clinking together. She looked smaller than most would expect when she stood up fully, her metal boots clearly giving her a few extra centimetres of height. She picked up the bag with both of her hands, and looked up at the young man, taking a few steps forward, and reaching her arms out, offering the bag to him. "I don't need to search your bag. You can have it back now." Her tone sounded more relaxed, as a very small smile spread across her face.

You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.

Nero

Character Info
Class:
Nero's smile increased in size. He was very glad he could resolve this without violence. He grinned from ear to ear as he slowly approached her and picked his bag up. Once he had retrieved his bag, he knelt down and began to pack his blanket into the bag. He spoke in a jovial tone as he continued to pack his belongings away. When he had finished he stood up and threw the bag around his shoulders. He rubbed the back of his neck. "I'm sorry about saying your horns were weird. I'm not the most observant person and it just kind of came out." He smiled again

" I really enjoy meeting new people, would you like to tell me your name?" He paused for a moment, " You don't have to tell me, but I'd really like if you did." He desperately didn't want to offend the young woman. He very much would like to get to know her name, but he wouldn't push if she said refused.  Nero facepalmed as the realization struck him. He hadn't told her his name! "I'm so sorry, how rude of me to ask your name, but not give mine. My name is Nero!" He held his hand out to shake.
Malika Jabari

Character Info
She smiled wider and her tail swayed happily as he picked the bag up from her hands. Wow, he's a lot kinder than I thought he would be. She thought, as she relaxed and looked around the ruins while he packed his things. It was quieter, but the sun had risen more, so less shadows were now visible.She turned her attention back to him when he hoisted his bag over his shoulders. She giggled softly when he commented about what he had said about her horns. It was nice for her to finally meet someone who didn't think her horns we're scary or who thought she was a threat. She perked her attention to him when he had mentioned her name.

She tensed when he smacked his hand to his face, and looked at him with a look of concern and confusion. Is this a normal reactions that humans do? She relaxed when he exclaimed how rude it was of him to not tell her his name. She looked at his hand curiously as he held it out in front of her. He doesn't appear to have a weapon…Oh! I remember now! This is a greeting many humans use when first introducing themselves. She slowly reached out her own small and slender hand and took his, shaking it gently. "Nero… thats a nice name! Oh, and my name is Malika, but you can call me Mari." She smiled at the thought that she had just met someone knew, and hopefully, made a new friend.

You never looked for me.
Never sent me help.
Never loved me.