Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > [EVENT]Her First Outing[P/R]
Dusk

Character Info
Name: Lewis Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Ex-Assassin
Silver: 5996
If it wasn’t one thing it was another. Lewis just wasn’t having any luck that night. At least Lady Syn had kept her….remarks short and to the point. Etiquette lessons were not something that he was looking forward to, and if anything, Lewis was dreading it. It was hard enough having to pretend to be likable, but now he was being forced to learn how to be presentable. This is why I enjoy my work. I don’t need to be presentable if I’m never seen.

“Lady Syn,” Lewis replied with a fake smile, taking a half bow. “Such a…pleasure for you to…uh…grace us with your…” He paused, trying to think of the word. “Existence.” Not the right word, but at least an attempt was made. Oh well. Maybe he did need the lessons after all. It couldn’t be much worse than having to deal with that brat of a child, Talia. In fact…it would be the perfect excuse to not deal with her. Perhaps maybe then she would stop hounding him for ‘lessons.’

“Oh please,” Lewis stated with an eye roll. “I’ve done nothing of merit lately other than the usual tasks that Lord Raith presents. Just the usual scouting and quick kills, nothing that deserves a story.” He was only semi telling the truth, but the story of meeting a Goddess and diving into Simone’s mind was not exactly a casual story to tell around drinks.. The story of him becoming Lord Raith’s apprentice wasn’t much to tell though. But at least this one had some kind of substance that could be discussed.

“It’s nothing special,” Lewis said. “I’m not sure if you’re aware, but I used to be a part of a thieve’s guild in Hoja Mesto. Long story short, their leader is a fool of a pacifist who refuses to kill, but goes around parading himself as a protector and savior of kids just like we were. He and I didn’t see eye to eye.” There was a sparkle in Lewis’ eyes. It was obvious that he still held some kind of respect for his old leader. “Dae…when you met me for the first time, I was hunting a man who was into some sick things…by killing him, we saved far more than if we simply left him alive. Xeik refused to acknowledge that. The ends justify the means. He kicked me out.”

“The rest is simple,” Lewis said as he took another sip from his glass. “I found my way into Lord Raith’s domain, and he saw my potential. And he hasn’t killed me yet, so I assume I’m doing something right.” Another sip. “Last I head, the thieves guild was destroyed when that crazy goddess went and destroyed a bunch of “Dark” places.” That had been the last time he had seen Xeik.

“Like I said, nothing special.”