Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > New Beginnings
Edward

Character Info
Name: Edward Dawnhall
Alignment: LG
Race: Human
Class: Swordsman
Silver: 283
 It was a new day in Adeluna, the city bustling with people like usual, an Airship landed near the beacon, a group of men women and children walking out of it and going through the Southern Gate, one young man stood outside the beacon, looking out at the city with a mixture of awe and sadness, his green eyes inspecting and analysing it.

The boy's blonde hair slightly blew against the soft wind of the coast, a tired look on his face, the young man had a blue and golden tunic with white trousers and brown boots, a brown cloak around his body with a kite shield strapped to his back, the back of the shield was dark blue, with a white eagle drawn on it, he had a simple belt around his waist, with a sheathed blade strapped to it. 

With a deep breath of courage, the young man lifted his cloak's hood, covering much of his face, and walked off to the Southern Gate with a downward gaze.

"Mother…Father…I will Avenge our family.."
Edward Dawnhall…
Kythe

Character Info
Name: Kythe Sitari
Alignment: CG
Race: Minadrias
Class: Guild Leader
Silver: 2848
If Kythe had remained at the Guild Hall for one minute more she might hav murder her husband… Things between Pol and Kythe had been tenuous since the battle against the Void - given she was Guild Leader she had seen it as her duty to lead her people into battle but Pol had argued that she was unnecessarily risking her life and that of their unborn sons, she had understood his point but she could not expect her people to risk their lives if she was not willing to do the same. Yes ok she had technically died, but their son had saved her life so what was the point of fussing over it still? 

Placing a hand upon her swollen belly the Guild Leader sighed. She had been so happy to have her husband returned to her given she hadn’t expected to see him ever again…  but it had been clear of late that the pair were no longer in the same page with their relationship. She should have been saddened by this thought but the distance between them actually made her feel somewhat relieved. Pol had changed since they had been separated by worlds, he wasn’t the same man she had married anymore, and it was beginning to look as though it would be better for them to call it a day. 

Heading back to the city Kythe resolved to do some more recruiting at the Tavern. The woman moved out of the way of some children and accidentally bumped into a young man. ”Sorry lad, I’m afraid I don’t exhibit my usual grace at the moment. Gods willing the boys should grace me with their presence soon so I’m not stumbling about like a whale on land, the woman chuckled as she patted her belly. ”You look lost, are you new to the city? Can I help at all?” She asked with a smile. 
Edward

Character Info
The young man walked through the Southern gate, looking around for a tavern's sign, dodging the flow of people that came in and out of the Gate, as he bumped into the woman he looked over, the bump causing his hood to fall over and reveal his face.

"I'm sorry Ma'm, I should have seen where I was going" 

He nodded, crossing his arms, his cloak covering much of his body. "Indeed, I just arrived on the Airship, I was making my way to the nearest tavern..but I'm struggling to find it"

The young blonde looked to be in his early to mid-20s, his eyes seemed to tell a tale, a sad one, as they looked at hers in curiosity, he spoke like a noble. It had been a long voyage, his body was tired and his head filled with thoughts, many bad, some good, All he wanted to do was find a place to lay his exhausted body and relax his mind.

Edward Dawnhall…
Kythe

Character Info
Kythe smiled at the lad, he really did seem lost not just in the city but in himself - maybe it was because she was extremely maternal due to her pregnancy, maybe it was just her natural maternal nature but she immediately wanted to pull him into her arms to look after him. 

"My fault as much as yours, not to worry," she said with a smile, waving a hand dismissively at his apology. "Well I'm heading that way myself if you'd care to accompany me? The pace might be a little slower given my condition, I tend to waddle now rather than walk, but I'd be glad of the company. So what brings you to Adeluna? I'm Kythe by the way, I'm the Guild Leader for Nosse, the local Guild, I'm heading to the Tavern to recruit new members."
Edward

Character Info
"Don't worry, I don't mind the pace as long as I get there." he gave her a small smile as he spoke, walking through the city's street with the woman, listening to her.

"It's nice to meet you Kythe, I'm Edward. I've come to Adeluna to.."

He paused for a moment as he looked down, his smile fading from his face "..Start anew." His tone was a sad one and his eyes were downcast. "..A Guild, you say? A Guild of what? Warriors? Merchants?" He asked, glancing at her. He knew he wouldn't be able to live in this land without working, and he was willing to work, especially if it involved blades.

As they approached the Tavern's building, he noticed the sign, walking to the door and opening it for her as a friendly act, before heading into it after her. 

Edward Dawnhall…
Kythe

Character Info
Kythe chuckled and nodded, grateful for the lad's understanding. By the Gods she would be happy when her boys finally arrived, she was sick of waddling along and being fussed at by her family, they drove her mad with their constant nagging to rest.
She was a warrior by nature, she hadn't slowed down for any of her other pregnancies, why they thought she would now was quite beyond her. 

She cast a glance at Edward as he hesitated, sensing that loss within him once again, though mention of Nosse swiftly caught his attention and offered him the distraction he so clearly required. "The word Nosse means family, tribe or clan; we're a bit of everything really from Healers to Warriors and even some Assassins. We live and work together for the betterment of Revaliir, we take care of the world and we take care of our own," Kythe explained as they reached the Tavern, smiling and squeezing his shoulder in thanks as he opened the door for her.

She found a free table, motioned to the barman to bring drinks and offered Edward a seat. "If you're looking for a new start you should join us, we're always looking for new members to join our ranks and work alongside us. We've become better known of late due to the work we've already carried out, so more requests are coming in from across the continents daily, more than we have people for at the minute."
Edward

Character Info
"Interesting." He spoke as he entered the tavern with her, sitting with her and nodding her a thank you.

"I am looking for a place to stay and for work. Would your guild accept me? I assure you I know how to use a blade and am willing to prove it. " He spoke, looking over to her, hopeful that he could get the job.

As the drinks were brought to the table, he thanked the barman, looking down at his drink, staring at his reflection.

Edward Dawnhall…
Kythe

Character Info
The barman brought Kythe a pot of herbal tea with two cups, nodding to her before he left. "The entire point of my Guild is to accept everyone Edward, to give those without a home or a family a place to call their own - all that we ask is that you join us and help complete the work we seek to do for this world. I think you would do quite well with us and you would thrive amongst our number if you're serious about joining," she said softly, sipping her tea. 

"I'm sorry for prying but you strike me as someone holding in a deep sense of loss, may I ask what happened to leave you so lost?"
Edward

Character Info
The young man's heart ached… he took a sip of his drink, shutting his eyes before placing the cup back down, letting out a sigh…

"I guess I cannot hide from my past, can I..?" He opened his eyes, looking at her "My tale is a long and tragic one, so I hope you understand.."

He let out a final sigh, before beginning. "I come from a faraway place, a land made up of War and Famine, King and Queens, Knights and Thiefs…Noblemen and Commonfolk, I come from a Family of Nobles, the Dawnhalls…I was born in a cradle of decaying wealth, My parents tried their best to give me a good education and life, however…I soon learned the harsh truth of our situation, my older siblings had all perished in the conflicts of the crown, I was my family's last hope for a brighter future, and was willing to take up their banner…but…Destiny had different plans for us, Impoverished nobles." The young man let out a sigh, lowering his gaze down to his drink, staring down at his reflection.

"Wishing to try and take what little amount of wealth was related to my family's names, the other nobles plotted against us..spreading…lies" His grip on the cup increased to the point of shaking. "..They said that my Father and Mother..were plotting to assassinate the King and his wife to try and gather the King's treasury and regain our wealth..those were all lies..we were loyal to the king! we swore to be by his side during the greatest of hardships, and not to betray him!..but, it seems like the word of a wealthy noble is much more worthy than of a loyal one…as soon as those false rumours came to the Monarch's ears..he ordered our detaining and execution…I still remember that faithful day…my mother's screams..and my father's ignored desperate pleas of mercy…" The young man shut his eyes as he felt tears swelling up on the corners of his eyes, he quickly rubbed away the tears. "Anyhow…I managed to…Gather up all my belongings and escape the King's guards…I put together the leftover gold that I managed to grab from the family's treasury and buy a ticket to Canelux…I heard as I boarded the airship..that my parents had…been executed in public amongst cheers of the commoners who believed the rumours…they were calling me a coward for running away.." He let go of his cup, clutching his hands tightly, to the point they shook as he looked down at the table. "…Perhaps they were right…Perhaps I am a coward for running away…instead of staying and trying to stop my parents' demise..".

He exhaled "I have run out of tears to sob and cry…all I feel is anger, resentment…and numbness, my eyes are tired of shedding tears..my body exhausted from the tension..and my mind heavy and filled with guilty and one question…why…why must this happen to me, is this divine punishment..? What have I done to deserve such gruesome punishment?" He asked with a trembling voice… 

Edward Dawnhall…
Kythe

Character Info
Kythe smiled warmly, reaching across the table to squeeze his arm in reassurance. ”When you’ve lived as long as I have its hard not to spot it,” she said softly, ”You talk, I'll listen.” 

His tale was not all that unfamiliar to Kythe, elements of it were very much like her own and that of the people she had loved over all her numerous years. The unworthy, the manipulative liars, they were the ones with the silver tongues - able to twist a situation with a few whispered words, well trained in how to deflect blame away from themselves onto those who were actually loyal. After all these people needed to hide their true intentions, if they were not skilled in misdirection they would be caught, so who else would you believe than the skilled liar? 

At his admonition Kythe rose from her chair, crossing the short distance to Edward and pulling his head against her swollen belly, one hand resting against his cheek to embrace and comfort him. ”You are no coward sweet boy, you are a survivor that is all. From what you have said to me you could have done nothing to save your parents from their fate, had you remained you would have died alongside them - I doubt highly that either of them would have wanted to see their son die for false claims. You have done nothing to deserve this Edward, which makes the pain of it all the worse, it is a callous and heartless crime that makes little sense - but you have come to the right place and found the right people to help you. Come and join my Guild, become one of our family, grow with us and when you are strong enough let us stand beside you when you regain your family name and clear them to you Monarch. We will be there, all of us.”