Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Dressing Up [P]
Attie

Character Info
Name: Attie
Alignment: CN
Race: Human (Dead)
Class: Wanderer/Scholar
Silver: 0
"I can see your dilemma." Roslyn said, "I would recommend going with the first dress, that is the shortest dress. The longer less detailed dress isn't helped by its length. But the first dress is short enough to be cute and having less detail won't be too much of an issue. It's length allows it to look like it is supposed to be simpler. And don't forget, confidence can help you carry any dress, no matter how simple it is. If you hold your head high and act as though you meant to have a simple gown, then others will often admire you for it." 

Attie finished dressing herself and stepped out. Her gown started with a purple that slowly faded into a light blue as it went down. Atop her head was a golden headdress and around her neck was a golden necklace that was attached to the rest of her gown. She was wearing simple flat slippers so she would avoid falling over. High heels would be a disaster for her. The gown was clearly meant to reflect the Dawn Angel status that had been created for her. Attie had to be careful while she was walking, as she had never worn a dress before and did not want to rip it before they got to the event. 

"Got the dress on!" Attie declared to Roslyn. 

"It looks very nice Attie." Roslyn said, "Why don't you go sit on one of the benches? I'll be with you in a moment to make sure it fits." 

Turning back to Lixue, Roslyn held up the dresses to allow her to pick one of them. Whichever dress that Lixue chose would work. There were benifits and drawbacks to each outfit but it was up to Lixue to decide which benefits and drawbacks that she prefers. 

"So what shall it be?" Roslyn asked. 
Attie

Character Info
Cao Lixue

Character Info
Name: Cao Lixue
Alignment: CG
Race: Jiangshi
Class: Former Priestess
Silver: 126
Looking back and forth between the dresses as she thought on Roslyn's words. Cute was not something she would like to be perceived as, as one should not look at the undead as anything but slights against nature. I don't know anything about current fashion, since when did those in the upper echelons want to appear simpler? Confused by Roslyn's words as all the nobles and such from her era dressed in obscene amounts of jewelry and overly complex designs to one up another by showing off their wealth.

As Lixue tried to comprehend present fashion Attie had stepped out of the changing room declaring that she had in fact managed to put the dress on. Unsure as to the reason for her friend's declaration or any past issues she may have had with dresses to warrant her claims. Considering what she knew about Attie, it would be safe to say that something out of the ordinary happened with her and her previous encounter with dresses. "That dress is perfect for the party you could easily pass for a princess in it". Siding on leaving Attie's dress misadventures for later. With Attie's dress chosen and only waiting on a possible refitting the room turned it's attention back to the Priestess.

"I'll go with your suggestion Roslyn as your the expert". Picking the shorter dress the Undead retired to the changing room to try on her choice. The simplistic design took no time at all to put on, as she exited with her clothing folded in her hands. "How does it look? Is it too simplistic? If that's the case I can act as Attie's handmaiden". More concerned about how others would perceive her friend than herself it blinded the Undead on how perfect the dress fit and matched her features.
Attie

Character Info
Attie saw the dress and gave her friend two thumbs up then waited for Lixue to get changed. When she came out, Attie had a supportive smile upon her face. Roslyn meanwhile inspected the dress to ensure that it fit perfectly. The short gown seemed to be a perfect fit for the undead priestess but there was one small concern of temperature, as the weather was getting rather cold. 

"Thanks! And I think you look great!" Attie said with a smile, "And don't worry about nobles or anybody else. This is about you and how you feel with what you are wearing!"

Attie clearly had no idea what nobility were like. However, she seemed to not care about what they felt. This wasn't about them. This was about having fun and being themselves. Roslyn went over to Attie and inspected her dress, ensuring that it fit and that there wasn't anything wrong with it. After the inspection, Attie began to reach into her bag to pay for both dresses but Roslyn stopped her. 

"No. I'm going to have the same deal as I did with your last outfit." Roslyn said, "And I'll include your friend too, especially since she is wearing one of my more experimental dresses. If you two can promise that you will spread my name at the party and whenever else somebody asks about your outfits, then it will be free. I've already got enough money from hundreds of girls and guys looking for new outfits so I can afford to do this. But I'm mostly asking you guys to spread my name at the party since there are a lot of foreign nobles that are going to be there. Nobles from all over Revaliir and I need to spread my name somewhere beyond just Adeluna city. So do we have a deal?" 

Attie knew that Roslyn wasn't the type to give away free dresses since she was a businesswoman but since this was a technical payment, it seemed more fair. 
Cao Lixue

Character Info
Name: Cao Lixue
Alignment: CG
Race: Jiangshi
Class: Former Priestess
Silver: 126
Giving a light smile as Attie complimented her and casually dismissed the importance of having the nobles on their side. While her friend's words were kind, she did not understand the importance of having the nobles at the very least neutral towards both of them. "Thank you, but it is important to at least make an attempt to placate those above as they could make our lives very difficult if they wish". As she responded to Attie, Roslyn immediately invading her personal space once again to make sure the dress fit correctly. Still uncomfortable with another so close, but less so than the first time as Roslyn's work seemed to supersede anything else even the customer's comfort.

Relaxing once Roslyn had finished her inspection and moved onto Attie. Looking in the direction of the two woman her mind wandered as she thought on her friend's words. Clearly it was the right choice to accompany Attie as there is no room for doubt that she would do something foolish around the nobility. Perhaps I should give her a few lessons on etiquette before the party to reduce the likelihood of her being her. Giving part of her attention to Attie and Roslyn while pondering on how to lessen any political suicide that her friend may attempt.  Snapping herself back as she noticed Attie preparing to pay for her dress. Following suit she brought out her purse, but like Attie she was stopped by the Roslyn. Proposing an exchange of exposure instead of monetary gain worried Lixue as she knew that Attie would zealously try and advertise her friend's clothing even if the other party did not ask. Placing her robes down by a seat, the Undead Priestess approached Roslyn and handed her twenty silver. "The deal seems more than fair, and while this dress is comfortable when do you think my robes will be repaired"? Doing her best not to insult Roslyn as the clothes she provided were comfortable and well made, her robes were a sigh of her past accomplishments and rank.

Attie

Character Info
Attie was confused by Lixue words, as she couldn't understand why a noble would bother making their lives worse just because of one dress. Would nobles really waste the resources and time just because of two people? As she was pondering this puzzle, Roslyn thought for a moment about how long it would take her. The robes were damaged well and the dye had faded. This pair of robes plus all her other projects would take some time. Finally, the tailor was able to figure out the time that it would take for the robes to be made as good as when they were first made. 

"One Week." Roslyn said, "That will give me enough time for stitching, fixing, and re-dying the robes. Don't worry though, I'll keep the design the exact same. It'll just look newer." 

Roslyn could understand that the robes held some form of sentimental value. The design of the outfit was rare and it was clear that it had been well-worn. Anybody else would have just thrown it away but if the woman had memories attached to the outfit, it would make a lot more sense. Roslyn picked up the robes again and began to inspect them, identifying all the places that would need to be fixed. Meanwhile, Attie went to the changing room and changed back into her regular clothes. She put the beautiful gown and all its accessories into her bag then looked to Lixue. 

"Is everything settled then?" Attie asked. 

It seemed as though everything was figured out. Roslyn had already started to get to work on the robes and had started writing down a list of everything wrong with the pair of robes. Attie felt satisfied with the visit as they both had beautiful gowns and now her friend would be wearing something that didn't look torn apart. It seemed that the trip had been worth it, even if it wasn't exactly what Attie was expecting.