Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Dressing Up [P]
Attie

Character Info
Name: Attie
Alignment: CN
Race: Human (Dead)
Class: Wanderer/Scholar
Silver: 0
The city was bustling with energy as many people were buzzing with news about the new god, Raith the God of Wrath and his party. Almost all of Revaliir had been invited to the event which led to many men and women shopping for new outfits. Some wanted to party, some wanted to impress the nobility, some wanted to mingle, some wanted to get connections to this new deity, and some were coming for the free food. But everybody was looking for an outfit that would be suitable for the party. Attie wasn't looking for a new outfit as she had already found one. For a few low key parties she had gone in a potato sack that had been cut to make it look like a baggy dress. Since she didn't know much about style, she assumed that if it looked like a dress then it was decent wear. However, there was a tear on one of the sleeves of her potato bag dress and she needed to get it fixed. The potato sack dress was in her backpack and she was looking around, trying to find the store. 

But Attie hadn't come alone. She had invited her new friend Lixue along with her, claiming that it would be more fun if they prepared together rather than alone. Or at least that is what she told Lixue. The truth was that the tailor she was going to was a little….scary sometimes. The tailor lady was nice but she took her job very seriously and some of the dress fittings she did could be painful. Her hope was that the tailor would be too busy trying to get Lixue a dress that she wouldn't notice Attie. Turning to her friend, she gave her a huge smile. 

"So are you excited for the party?!" She asked with excitement, "I've only been to small ones so this is gonna be my first big one. Do you think they will have food? What do you think the music will be like? I wonder who will all come. Have you been to a party before?" 
Cao Lixue

Character Info
Name: Cao Lixue
Alignment: CG
Race: Jiangshi
Class: Former Priestess
Silver: 126
"Not particularly, parties such as these will be all about politics". While her companion seemed excited over the broad invitation from a newly appointed god, Lixue was far from excited, in fact, more concerned than anything. While she would rather stay away from such an event, she could not very well leave her new ally to fend for herself among a den of social piranhas as they'd devour her nativity whole.

"With gods, to royalty attending the food will be the best of the best". Giving Attie a small smile and changing the topic as she did not want to worry her friend. As more and more questions from her excited Companion, Lixue barely had enough time to enjoy her first time in Adeluna.

"I'm not sure I've only just started to branch out through the world as my past duties kept me within Karith and Ataiyo".

"Mostly people of note, we're going to stick out like a sore thumb".

"I have been to a few parties and festivals manly as the attraction or for work blessing the people or the land. I'd also take part in certain dances".

Talking about the past caused her mind to wander. She was a woman out of time. Her home, her family and all those who knew her were gone. Even with Artiya'il it still hurt to think about what she had lost and what she had become. However, not everything was bad even though she was undead she had made friends and allies despite what she was. While Attie did not know that she was no longer part of the living, it would be better for the two of them if she kept it that way. She had no intention of lying to her friend, but she could not help, but enjoy being treated like a human once again even if it was only temporary.

Trying not to drown herself in thought once again, she refocused on Attie to continue the conversation. "I'm unfamiliar with the present fashion, and while I'd simply like to mend more current attire it would not be enough for the sort of party we will be attending". Considering what Attie had worn on their first meeting Lixue had concerns about asking her friend such a question, but no doubt she had more knowledge of the current world than her. "What do you think I should wear to the party"?

Attie

Character Info
"Ooooo food!" Attie exclaimed with delight, "Do you think they will have fancy tuna? Oh and I suppose it will be a new chance for us to make some new friends. I wonder what kinds of people will be there? If lots of people are invited, then I bet lots of people from all over Revaliir will be there. As for fashion…hmmm…maybe you should wear something fluffy and soft? Then you can give amazing hugs! I don't know I'm not much of a fashion person myself. But I do know of a lady that could really help us both out. I need somebody to fix a tear on my dress." 

Reaching into her bag, Attie pulled out a potato sack that was cut to look like a dress. There was one tear at the bottom of it but one wouldn't notice since the rest of the dress was so ugly. It was clear that Attie knew little about nobility or their cruelness. The closest that she had ever gotten to nobility was when she saved a noblewoman's son. But she had never been in the noble world other than to receive a simple thanks. From her perspective, nobles were just people with money. That was all that she knew about them so she had no idea what she was getting into. 

"I got it for two silver." She said, "A travelling salesperson said that it would do for any occasion so I decided to get it in case I ever got invited to parties! Oh, here we are!"

Attie stopped in front of a shop with a sign over it that said, Lady Laverne's Boutique. The windows had dresses displayed and the glass on the windows were clear without a single scratch. Going up to the door, Attie knocked on it and waited for a moment. It didn't take long before they received a response. 

"Come on in darlings!" A feminine voice responded, "I'll be with you in a moment." 

Inside, everything was beautiful. The wooden floor was covered in a large red and golden carpet that would feel soft beneath one's toes. On every wall hung a dress, each in different sizes and designs. On the ground were two stools with fabric and extra padding to make the visitor comfortable. In the middle of the ceiling was a small chandelier that lit up the room. In the center of everything was a beautiful woman who was busily trying to decide between which dress to display in the window. The woman's golden hair was put up into a bun and she was wearing a beautiful pastel lavender gown. Once she was done with her decision, she turned to Attie and Lixue. 

"Hello dears how may I-" The tailor's eyes spotted Lixue first, "GOODNESS! Oh you poor poor thing!"

The woman rushed over to Lixue and began inspecting her outfit. 

"Hi Roslyn!" Attie said with a wave. 

"Oh hello dear its so good to see you again." Roslyn said with a genuine smile before frowning when looking at Lixue's dress, "I can see why you have come to me. But don't worry. I'll fix your friend with something simply divine. Oh… and why are you holding a potato sack Attie?" 
Cao Lixue

Character Info
It seems that the Priestess' concerns were lost on her friend most in part due to her fascination with food. Simply listening to her friend as Lixue did not want to think about food as she could no longer partake or enjoy the taste of freshly baked bread or a sugary sweet. Doing her best to not ruin the mood as she was equal parts mournful of her inability to eat as well as equal parts disgusted as no doubt there will be an abundant of decedent food for all the higher members of society while many would go without food. The more she thought about how a god was throwing a party for himself the more it angered her. As the world had just fended off a cataclysmic invasion of beasts, and this god instead of helping was throwing a party. If Attie had not interjected with her recommendation of something Fluffy the Undead would have spiralled into her own anger about this new god.

"I see" Unsure of how to respond to Attie's recommendation Lixue merely accepted the recommendation at face value while making a mental note to never ask her friend for fashion advice ever again. Her newly minted note was only further cemented when the raven haired woman pulled out a burlap sack referring to it as her dress and how she purchased it from a salesperson. Biting her tongue at her hoodwinked friend as she was already a bit heated from her previous thoughts. With her concerns about her friend's nativity validated and certified by the very person in question, the Priestess thought about how to go about explaining to her friend about how her 'dress' was not a dress. "While I can certainly see such a thing being used as such in a dire situation, but however that potato sack in nothing but…". Interrupted by Attie excited exclamation that they had reached there destination Lixue would look to the boutique. Examining the dresses on display she was disappointed at the lack of anything Karithian but expected it. Even though she did not get to educate her friend she would make sure that Attie left with a proper dress and her 'dress' properly disposed of.

Entering with Attie, the extravagancy continued and increased as the overly complex dressed lined the store as well as in Lixue's opinion far too much decoration, however, no doubt that's how the Dressmaker's regulars liked it. As she continued to look for something familiar she jumped at the cries of another and slightly leaned away as a golden haired woman approached her far too close for comfort. "Greetings, Ma'am my friend and are looking to acquire dresses for a party, most likely something fitting for mingling with the upper class". Doing best to hold back her discomfort at the Seamstesee's inspection, though it was fairly obvious that the Priestess did not enjoy being the center of attention or having her personal space invaded. "Also if it is possible I'd liked to have my robes repaired as they have been heavily damaged from the fighting". Heavily damaged was an understatement as it was a sheer miracle that her cheongsam did not fall apart at the seams, let alone still keep her decent.

As the Dressmaker hounded the Undead Priestess, Attie greeted her friend while continuing to show displeasure at Lixue's ruined clothing. As Roslyn pointed out the sack it gave the Priestess a way to shift the focus onto her friend not only temporarily saving herself from more potential close encounters, but to properly dress her friend. "That potato sack is her dress, while my robes have been damaged in the fighting Attie's 'dress' needs a proper replacement". Feeling slightly evil about throwing her friend to the wolves, but it was for her own good as if she went to such a party in that sack she would no doubt be made the butt of the joke.
Attie

Character Info
"Of course darling. I can get those robes as good as new!" Roslyn proclaimed. 

When Lixue explained the potato sack, Roslyn looked at Attie with crossed arms. 

"…Attie. You will not be wearing that…..thing." She said, "I can not let the Dawn Angel wear something as horrid as that. Just think of what it might do to both of our reputations! The public will think I made a potato sack and will treat you like a joke! It simply won't do. I'll make you a new gown! Something beautiful, something fetching, something that truly allows you to shine!"

Roslyn took the potato sack dress, opened the door, and dramatically threw it to the streets. Then she closed the door and walked back over to Attie and Lixue. She whipped out her fabric measuring tool and began to measure every part of Attie. From the arms, to the legs, to the waist, to her height everything was measured. Then the tailor ran over to her notebook and began jotting ideas down. Suddenly Roslyn stopped, as though she realized something important. Meanwhile, Attie was busily looking at the hundreds of gowns on the wall. None of them caught her eye but she was trying to look for something that Lixue would like. 

"See any dress that catches your eye?" Attie asked Lixue, "I know that Roslyn will find me something I'd like but I want to make sure you get to wear something pretty too."
Cao Lixue

Character Info
Hearing that her clothes would be able to be repaired filled the Undead Priestess with joy as acquire the robes took the majority of her past life. While she was no longer a priestess anymore she would like to keep her robes as a keepsake of her family and her past accomplishments. "How much will that cost"? Taking out her fairly limited coin purse it was obvious that the Priestess did not have a lot of silver on hand mostly due to her own refusal for payment. Counting out her silver from the more stubborn of charitable people she had helped she had about one hundred and ten silver on hand. Hopefully, at the very least, it was enough to pay to repair her robes. Worrying about covering her own cost Lixue was happy to hear that Roslyn would not allow Attie to publicly humiliate herself with a burlap sack. However, she did not agree with the woman tossing the sack out into the streets.

Taking her time looking over the gowns lining the shop as Roslyn took Attie's measurements. It was easy to tell that all of the clothing on display were of high quality there was nothing around that was from her homeland nor looked able to fight properly in. Overhearing Attie ask her if there was anything she like Lixue shook her head. "I'm not a fan of these cumbersome looking gowns. While such gowns do exist in Kairth they are few and far between". Looking over to Roslyn as she wondered if she had anything reminiscent of her own culture styles. "Excuse me, Miss. Roslyn do you have anything likened to the styles of Karith or Ataiyo preferable something one could still fighting and move in if need be"? Though she felt still rude dismissing another culture's fashion the clothes from her homeland were easier to move in compared to the poofy and encumbering gowns of Adeluna. Hoping that her question did not offend Roslyn as much as she hoped for the Dressmaker to have something in stock.
Attie

Character Info
Roslyn looked over to Lixue and saw that the girl didn't have that much money. The tailor wasn't interested in taking all of the girl's money but she knew that she couldn't get away with no payment. To ask for nothing would be a charity case and many would consider that an insult. This was not her first time dealing with poorer costumers and the last thing that most of them wanted was to be treated with pity and free items. However, she had to strike a reasonable price for the repairs since she wanted Lixue's business. 

"Your pair of robes clearly were made with more expensive materials than regular old brown robes." Roslyn explained as she inspected the girl's outfit, "Purple is one of the hardest dyes to find, hence why nobles enjoy the color so much. It is also embroidered and has many specific design choices. But since I'm not remaking it, only repairing it, the price would be much lower than buying a new one. The price to repair your robes would be 20 silver." 

The real price would have been 30 silver but judging by the girl's lack of money and the fact that she was friends with Attie, Roslyn decided to give Lixue a discount. Listening to Lixue once more, Roslyn realized that this girl didn't have a gown either. But her eyes lit up the second that Lixue mentioned Karith or Ataiyo styles. She had learned about styles of dress from all over Revaliir but most just wanted regular clothes. Roslyn took her measuring took and began to measure every inch of 

"Oh of course darling!" Roslyn said cheerfully, "I've been just dying to have a customer who is interested in something other than regular old Adeluna styled dresses. First I'll need to take your measurements to understand what your size might be. Don't worry, it won't take long……Ah! I'm already done. Now I'll head to the back and get Attie's dress and some options for you miss."

Roslyn ducked past a curtain that lead to the back of the store, where she would be unable to hear anything that the other two were saying. Attie turned to Lixue with a big smile as her friend was going to get her dresses too!

"Roslyn can be a bit…intimidating at times but she is really sweet!" Attie proclaimed, "So you are from Karith? I didn't know that!"
Cao Lixue

Character Info
Expecting anger or scorn towards her for asking for another style that differed from Adeluna. As the Undead braced herself for a scoff or a dismissal of her request she was shocked to see the woman act quite the opposite in fact they were overjoyed upon hearing her request adding another pleasant surprise on top of the reasonable prices. "That's wonderful to hear as I'm unfamiliar…". Overhearing the end of Roslyn's response Lixue froze and quickly tried to reveal her measurements, but the Seamstress had already begun to measure all around her body. A jolt of embarrassment and an unyielding amount of discomfort ran down her body along with the measuring tape as Roslyn quickly and professionally measured every inch of the Priestess body as Lixue did her best to hold back her discomfort.

As Roslyn finished a wave of relief rushed over Lixue as not only was the woman far too close for comfort she was also measuring her body. Lixue had trained while she was living her focus had never been on close combat as a monster, at least for the majority of the time would have the advantage in strength and speed. She was not self conscious of her body as while her body would never change against her small frame often lead most of the people she has come across to treat her like a child due to her less than impressive endowment. Looking on the bright side being less top heavy had its benefits as she did not have to worry about the issues that came with a larger chest.

Lost in thought over something that no longer mattered causing Lixue to take a bit to noticed Attie smiling at her. Overhearing about the intimidating Seamstress bought a nervous smile across her face as she had just came out of a harrowing encounter with the Dressmaker. She could also see the sweetness behind the aggressive professionalism. "Yes, I am though Karith is nothing like it was before". Thinking back to the slums beneath the city the Priestess would have never believed that her home would treat others in such a way that allow them to live in such a state. The more she thought about the pollution and living situation of those beneath the city the more it angered her. While she could do nothing about it currently she would be sure to one day put a stop to the guild's activity. Dispersing her anger both in her mind and on her face as she did not want to ruin the moment Lixue thought back to the conversation between Attie and Roslyn. "Where do you hail from does it have anything to do with the Dawn Angel that Roslyn referred to you as"? Curious about Aitte's title as she seemed human, but perhaps her friend was more than human as her kindness rivalled that of an Angel.
Attie

Character Info
“Huh. I’ve never been to Karith before. Maybe I should visit it.” Attie said more to herself than anybody else. Suddenly, Lixue asked Attie about the whole Dawn Angel thing and about where she came from. Her face went slightly red since the title of Dawn Angel was still rather new and embarrassing.

“I’m from the Virens Forest.” Attie explained quickly, “And the whole Dawn Angel is Roslyn’s doing. I’m just a normal human.”

She reached into her satchel and carefully pulled out a mask. The mask held the colors of the dawn and was meant to cover the entire face. Putting it back into her back, she looked to her friend.

“I was relying on magic too much during the battles for the void.” She explained, “So I went searching for some stuff and found some armor with wings that Roslyn was selling. She didn’t ask for money but instead asked me to wear one of her designs while fighting in the war. I ended up choosing the design with dawn themes. Since I had wings and my outfit displayed the colors of dawn, people nicknamed me Dawn Angel. I’m not the only one though! I’ve heard about so many heroes and soldiers from the war. Verdant Storm, Fiery Swordsman, Shadow Demon, The Blind Genie, The Undead Priestess, Midnight Prince, Wasp Warrior, Child of the Ocean, Angry Tin Can, Earthshaker, Infernal Queen, and many others. I don’t actually know if I’ve met any of them. I think the Wasp Warrior is one of my friends and I think Shadow Demon is also somebody I know. And don’t worry, he isn’t actually a demon. He just looks scary. As for the others…I don’t really know.”

Then there was her homeplace to talk about…. Attie’s eyes looked to the ground slightly and she had a small smile on her face. As though she was remembering something that brought her both pain and joy. She shoved down any sign of unhappiness and instead focused on the good things about the Viren’s Forest.

“I came from the Virens Forest.” She explained, “I grew up there with my mother. We were away from most villages, seeing as my mother was a bear and all.”

Before Attie could say more, Roslyn returned with four gown. She handed one gown for Attie to try on, to see if it fit. Attie left with the gown and headed towards the changing room. Then Roslyn turned to Lixue with three dresses. The first dress was shorter than the other two and consisted of a simple white top with a dark blue bottom. The second dress was longer but similar to the first in style. The third dress was far more elaborate with its deep blue layers and the golden embroidery.

“I would recommend the first one if you would like a dress that is easy to fight in.” Roslyn said, “The second one is good if you prefer having some more warmth. As for the last one, it isn’t the best to fight in but it is the only other Karith style of dress that I have. Since people don’t request these types of dresses often, I usually have to save different styles for more experimental purposes than selling purposes.” 

[Dress One: https://www.channeleffect.com/ImageHosting/viewImage?CompanyId=22476&FilePath=Images/62821
Dress Two: https://i.pinimg.com/236x/f3/26/08/f32608029510747bcad866890d49164b--summer-blues-hanfu.jpg
Dress Three: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b8/83/3e/b8833e6f9717e7d12c5fa71e1a2f1f41.jpg ]
Cao Lixue

Character Info
Holding back a smile as her friend's face shifted into reddish hue. While she had never heard of the forest before it made sense that her friend came from a more uncivilized part of the world considering her nativity. " Your far too modest Attie you are more than just an average human your skills with magic are well above most and while you may not be an angel your kindness exceeds the level of one". Letting a slim smirk form across her lips as Lixue teasing her friend about her new title. Listening to the origins of the Dawn Angel she could understand where Attie was coming from as she herself had run into the very same problem as the sheer volume of beasts overwhelmed even her unnatural magical stamina. As Attie continued the Undead Priestess found it amusing that Roslyn personal marketing had created something that now was far greater than mere clothing. No doubt stories of the Dawn Angel will give hope to all those who have been affected by the Void's invasion. As Attie shifted the conversation away from herself Lixue's amusement faded as she heard not only about herself, but a certain fool of a swordsman. While she would rather not have to fight with the hot blooded Genjiro again for her own sanity her very own title concerned her. While it was fairly obvious that she was no longer one of the living she would rather not have the world know about how she was nothing, but a shell of what she once represented. "An interesting collection of character, the new heroes of this era are certainly not in line with what one would expect". Shifting back into her more closed off and processional mannerism as she continued to think on how to bring up her true nature to her friend. This was neither the time or place, but her friend did have a right to known the dangers that could befall her travelling with what she is.

As Lixue dealt with her own dilemma she barely noticed the change in the normally overly positive and happy Attie. Preparing to apologize to her friend for possibly bringing up a painful memory, her mention of her mother being a bear froze both her actions and mind as the Priestess ran her friend's words through her mind once again to make sure she had not misheard her friend. Fairly confident that she did, in fact, say that she was raised by a bear only confused her more as she had said herself not moments ago that she was a human. Though before any of them continued Roslyn had returned with dresses in tow temporarily halting Lixue's further queries.

With what had just been relayed to the Priestess her mind a little to no interest in dresses however the main reason they had travelled to the city was to acquire clothing. Relenting, for now, Lixue refocused back to dresses and preparing for the party. Examining the clothing that Roslyn had prepared for her two of the three were exactly what she had asked for, but perhaps a bit to plain for where and who they may encounter. However, the third dress would fit in well with the upper class, but hinder movement. "I'm leaning towards the first two, but what do you two think as we are going to a party that will have royalty and the like the first two may not be enough for such an event".