Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Magic shop [O]
NeoPoplar234

Character Info
Name: Lia Fallon
Alignment: TN
Race: Halfling
Class: A scholarly magic user that studies books and scrolls to learn spells.
Silver: 167
"my name is lia" lia said with a smile as she gathered up the coins. "when would you like to start learning? I'm afraid I'm rather busy right now but I can teac you tonight"
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Name: Tristana Deformem
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: At the moment she is a traveler
Silver: 302
Tristana let herself smile. She was glad that Lia seemed so welcoming and kind. Perhaps she would really learn the spell. This would mean that she could summon foods. Or at least enough for a meal. In addition she would be able to be useful to other people. Already she knew a good portion of magic due to the kindness of strangers and books from libraries. Of course not everybody was so willing. In fact many people had looked down upon her for asking such a question and some had even gotten extremely rude about it. But Tristana overlooked that since she was used to rudeness. It was something she had grown up learning to tolerate. However Lia was not being rude at all, something Tristana was grateful for. 

"It's nice to meet you." Tristana said, "This evening would work fine with me. Where would you like to meet up?" 

Tristana knew she didn't have any big plans this evening or probably for a while. So it seemed perfectly fine to make a meeting. Then Tristana thought of something. Something she hadn't thought of before. Tristana hadn't asked Lia if she would like for Tristana to show her a spell. Perhaps she didn't but it seemed rude to not offer at least. 

"If you would like I could teach you a spell too." Tristana offered, "I have a spell for healing. Would that be good? I mean if you wanted to know a new spell." 

Tristana had assumed that Lia would say yes. But for all Tristana knew, Lia might not even be interested in any spells herself. But there were a few good spells that Tristana knew. Perhaps Lia was interested. Still it didn't hurt to ask. Tristana personally believed that magic was an amazing ability. After all one could do many wondrous feats with magic and it was always fascinating to her. How did people even discover or create these spells? Did people create the spells themselves or was it something that was meant to be discovered? Who was the first person to use magic? Why was magic created? Did gods create magic or has it always been present? This and many more were curious thoughts inside her head. But Tristana pushed them aside so she could focus properly. Tristana refocused back to Lia and waited for her response. Tristana then wondered how Lia worked. Did she go to people's places for events or parties and perform magic? That was probably a really good idea. Tristana herself wasn't interested in the idea because it would mean she would have to stay in one place for a long period of time. However it was a clever way to earn money. Or at least so it seemed. 

"So have you always been working here as an entertainer?" Tristana asked curiously. 

She didn't exactly know if entertainer was the correct term. It seemed like it would be but she might call herself something different. Lia didn't seem to be a merchant since she wasn't selling any physical object. But for all Tristana knew, she could be one. After all there wasn't a rule stating that merchants were only people who sold objects. They could probably sell tricks and magic. Of course she had heard of people who sold potions and sell books but she had never seen anybody sell magic tricks. It was really interesting to know that was an option though. But Tristana called Lia an entertainer because it simply sounded more accurate. She looked around at the market area and noticed that there were a lot more people now. There was a small family walking around, a single noble, and some other people entering the market area. It seemed like it would be a good time to get out of Lia's way. Not that Tristana was in her way yet but she wanted to be certain that she wouldn't end up in her way. 

“Your choices are your own. The past doesn’t excuse now.”

NeoPoplar234

Character Info
Name: Lia Fallon
Alignment: TN
Race: Halfling
Class: A scholarly magic user that studies books and scrolls to learn spells.
Silver: 167
Lia smiled. "meet me at the local tavern." she said, happily. "and I would love to learn a healing spell." then she processed the third question, and her mood darkened, unbeknownst to any who would see her smiling face. Is that all she saw her as? an entertainer? she had noticed the part of her sign that said she sent instant  messages right? "I have been working here for a while." she said carefully. just then, she remembered the new item she had found. working on the impressions she had gotten  of the girl, she crafted a pitch. "do you ever feel like nobody loves you?" she whispered, treading carefully. "do you wish you could make people love you? I recently got a flute you can use to do that, only 30 silver per day you want to keep it." 
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
"Sure. A tavern would be good." Tristana said agreeing with Lia. 

The Tristana realized that she shouldn't have asked about the entertainer thing. After all there were some other magical servacise like the call from a distance thing. So Tristana was wrong. And assumed terribly. Guilt fell upon her like a weight. She should have thought more carefully before she actually spoke. But from the appearance of Lia she didn't seem to notice much. But then again, she didn't really admit to it. So Tristana concluded that Lia was probably not happy about the matter but didn't want to speak about it. Which was fine by Tristana. Since she didn't exactly know what to do in the situation anyway. Then Lia spoke again. Asking a question. But the question struck Tristana harder than anything told to her before.

Do you ever feel like nobody loves you? Lia may not have realized this but this hit home for Tristana than probably most. Any other question wouldn't have been as personal as that. If Lia had asked if Tristana had a husband or what Tristana's past was, that would have been far less personal than the question she just asked. Tristana quickly looked away and tugged her hood over her face a little bit more. Mostly so she could hide her expression. She had a package of emotions that was just waiting to burst after that question and she refused to show it to almost strangers. Even though they had met it would probably be inappropriate to show sadness in front of her. Her heart had gone from light and happy to feeling lonely and saddened in almost a matter of seconds. Then she listened to what the actual flute could do. Make somebody love her? That seemed wrong on many levels. But for now it didn't seem like it was best to completely avoid the flute. It was better to leave that option open for later. 

"Let's discuss that at the tavern." Tristana suggested. 

Ophelia

Character Info
Name: Ophelia payne
Alignment: CN
Class: mentally broken barbarian
Silver: 15
ophelia strode through the crowded marketplace, her tiny dog on her shoulder. she was not really looking where she was going as she walked, having just come back from the greatest shopping trip. she had gotten the cutest skirt to go with her top, and nothing could ruin her good mood. if anything did, she would just kill it. she suddenly bumped into a woman in a hood at one of the cheaper stalls. "oh my gods! i'm so sorry!" she said enthusiastically, her happy mood spilling onto her apologetic words.
TristanaDeformem

Character Info
Suddenly Tristana was bumped into. She saw the strange and peculiar woman who stood out in the crowd. Her attitude, looks, and the way she acted was so strange in comparison to the average person. Even Tristana, who had no clue about the world, felt uncomfortable in this woman's presence. 

"It's fine." Tristana replied softly. 

Quickly Tristana got out of the woman's way. Almost everybody in the market was staring at the peculiar woman. The way that she dressed made her stand out to say the least. Not to mention the way she acted. Tristana looked away quickly and decided to do her best to not interact with this woman. Just because she seemed to be very… well she had an underlining fearsome attitude. Which Tristana was not interested in at all and had no plan in bringing it out. So Tristana decided to just avoid the situation. It seemed time for Tristana to leave. So Tristana began to walk away, hiding her face and expression.