Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Hopeless Romantics [P]
Silverstein

Character Info
Name: Katerina Sofia Silverstein
Alignment: TN
Race: 1/2 Wolf Demon and 1/2 High Elemental
Class:
Silver: 1706
Robin outburst almost made the wolf demon smirk. “She has a fire. Probably, what Natsumi fell for.” Katerina thought to herself during the exchange of the guard and the fair maiden. They had only walked a few steps before the wolf demon asked about Natsumi. Before Robin was able to speak, Mushu answered.

The wolf was a bit shocked at the words that came from him. Her eyes glanced over to the woman beside her, curious. The outburst from Robin made Katerina take a step back. Things were about to get heated and didn’t want to be in the way of any flames. The slap that came to Mushu made the wolf gasp. “Whao!” Katerina stared wide eyed at the dragon then back at Robin.

The Alpha was about to say something in Mushu’s defence, but the dragon was already in Robin’s face. Katerina nodded; everything he said was on the mark.

With mention of his nam, Goliath frowned. How was he thrown into this mess? Slowly he stepped back and leaned against a nearby pillar; watching and listening. Mostly, his eyes were on the wolf demon who had crossed her arms. His mind thinking about his love for her. “Sometimes declaring your love for someone doesn't end up the way you want.” The gargoyle thought. His eyes instantly looked at the sky above; hurt.

“He has a point, Robin.” The wolf demon stepped forward and sighed. She didn’t want to gang up on Robin, but this had to be said. “You care for her. Mushu, didn’t have to say a word for everyone to see. We all also see that Natsumi cares for you, too.” A sigh left her lips again as she shook her head. “Natsumi won’t do anything or say anything. That’s just how she is, but she does care. Maybe even love you?….”

Katerina looked at the woman before her with a small smile. “You’re brave, aren’t you? I can tell that you are. So, be brave and tell he..”

Anima

Character Info
Name: Robin Taiyo Mori
Alignment: TG
Race: Created Outsider
Class: Horitshi Outcast
Silver: 645
In the heat of that moment with both the wolf and the dragon bearing down on her, Robin's edge started to dull. Social pressure was her greatest weakness, so having a family member air her dirty laundry in front of an acquaintance put her into a very inopportune position. She desperately wanted the conversation to move onto something, anything else. Yet it didn't. Instead, she was eventually caught between a rock and a hard place where both parties were questioning her bravery.

"But…"  She wavered under that pressure as she averted her gaze from the wyvern in front. Mushu could tell she was trying to run away again, however, just the same as she had before; so this time he decided to force the issue. Instead of allowing her to escape, he dragged her face back to his and lectured her.

"Do you wanna hold her," he began shouting at his adopted daughter in front of everyone present?! "Please her?! Then you got to try! Pull some romantic shit! Surely all those books you read aren't for nothin'!" The books in question were romance novels that Robin consumed en masse. Beyond food, they were the most frequent purchase she made; but, the thing is that they were the sappy kind of novels, written by young women who didn't understand seasoned love. In fact, they were more smut than anything else. Neither Mushu nor Katerina knew that, however, so their advocating for their friend to utilize these books as a baseline was more dangerous than they probably realized.

Of course, these friends didn't have time to discover that additional information anyway; because, shortly after Mushu's outburst, a nearby building collapsed after a loud bang. The shifty merchant from earlier in the day came scurrying out in the aftermath, running from the silhouette of fox-eared woman (yours truly) who was cracking her knuckles in preparation for a beating. The merchant himself already had a black eye from whatever had gone on between the two of us in that previously standing store, but was more presently concerned with begging for his life than putting that injury on ice.

"Look, there must be some misunderstanding," he said while backing up against a wall from me. "Do you want money? I can give you money! Something? ANYTHING?!" Robin was flabbergasted by this development, unable to move or speak. She didn't even notice that Mushu had left her and was already skittering past Katerina in a hurry to vacate the premises.

"Hey," he whispered to the two as he went, "let's leave the lovebirds alone. This is their chance." Or so he believed. The tiny dragon skedaddled rapidly to a nearby alleyway with that belief in his head, and then poked a singular eye out from around the corner. He waited to see his "prophecy" fulfilled, and hoped beyond all hope that no one would muck it up this time. For this had happened before, and neither Robin nor I had seen fit to break the impasse.

Silverstein

Character Info
Name: Katerina Sofia Silverstein
Alignment: TN
Race: 1/2 Wolf Demon and 1/2 High Elemental
Class:
Silver: 1706
A sigh left Katerina’s lips once more; she hated to do this to Robin, but it needed to be said. Robin and Natsumi wasn’t the type to show they’re affections; talking to one of them would be the only way. There wasn’t any way to talk to Natsumi though; she was a brick wall when it came to emotions. In the many years Katerina had known the fox, she barely saw an ounce of what Natsumi felt. Robin on the other hand, was young. She could be talked to. It wasn’t like they were attacking her and she could wipe them out in an instant. She had to listen to them both. The wolf demon almost laughed at the thought; the fox would've laid them out already.

Hearing the fair maiden about to speak, Katerina frowned. She knew Robin was about to come up with an excuse. The wolf demon opened her mouth about to say more, but the dragon started to speak. Slowly, a smirk came to her lips as she crossed her arms. He knew exactly what to say and how to say it. It must have been because he had known Robin longer then Katerina.

The sound of a loud bang shut down anymore conversation. Everyone’s eyes turned towards the location. Goliath straightened as he balled up his fists; ready for anything. Katerina saw the merchant from earlier followed by Natsumi, and she couldn’t help but laugh. Who couldn’t at the sight? Goliath even cracked a smile. “I warned him.” Katerina said after she got her laugh under control. Why doesn’t anyone listen to me?” She asked mostly to herself as the large gargoyle walked over to stand beside her.

Katerina grew confused for a moment seeing the dragon scurry away. Taking the hint, she followed, not before saying one last thing to Robin. “It's your moment, seize it.” With that, her and Goliath moved to join the little dragon. Instead of giving them privacy, she did the same as Mushu and poked her head out a bit to watch. Hopefully, the fair maiden would say something.

CodeAni
Developer

Character Info
Name: Natsumi
Alignment: CN
Race: Homunculus
Class: Combat Medic
Silver: 10907
Going back to the merchant, though, let us explore how I got to Adeluna in the first place. I did say that I was searching for the purple star sapphire in Iria and that I didn't know Robin was in the seat of the formerly great empire at the time. Yet, due to the nature of my search, I had no way of knowing how long this situation would last. The gem could have been anywhere, but, thankfully, luck was on my side this time. I completed the quest and acquired the gem far sooner than anticipated; at the exact moment that Robin had docked in Adeluna. It just so happened that I had a receptacle ready to receive said gem already in place, so I was able to prepare Robin's gift in record time before she had even set foot in that merchant's stall.

Obviously, that was only half the battle, however. I wrapped the gift in a bag for transport after it was done – one tiny enough to be carried in one hand – but then actually had to find the receiver. SAI's scrying abilities were more than sufficient for that purpose – although I admit that I was surprised to find her all the way across the sea. Regardless, after I discovered her exact location in the city, I made my way there via a void gate.

It was at that point that the merchant entered the picture. Having not wished to startle Robin or the already jumpy populace of the empire's capital, I teleported into a warehouse near her rather than into the open street. I wasn't expecting anyone else to be in that place at the time, but there he was: the merchant squirreling away into a box he had retrieved from a hidden compartment at the back of the store.

"Threaten me in my own shop, will you? I'll show you." The man hadn't noticed my entrance thanks to the clattering of glass vials he was eliciting; but his voice was enough to startle me into invisibility. I didn't want any trouble from him, so I was about to slip out of the building in that state. Yet, just as I was about to leave through the front door, he opened his stupid mouth once more to say, "Robin, eh? Who names a girl after a bird? Well, she'll be nice and crispy after this: perfect for a red robin dinner."

Mr. Merchant held up the vial he was looking for then in the dim light of the candle by his side: a glass sphere of orange, iridescent liquid that glowed brightly. He stuck a crossbow bolt in the cork of that flask, and then pulled off a trick board from a nearby wall so he could aim through it. His crossbow was pointed straight at Robin and her group through that kill hole, but, despite his original intent, he didn't loose that flask even after he was given a clear shot.

Creak~

Just before he unleashed his vengeful scheme, my boots caused the wooden floorboards underneath him to groan. He couldn't ignore that, being the overly paranoid man that he was, so he turned around to see who was there. I relaxed my invisibility at that exact moment, timing it just right so he could see my eyes in the light of the flickering flame.

What happened next was chaos. The merchant, shocked from the appearance of someone clearly not human in a dark, enclosed space, forgot what he was holding for a moment. He squeezed the trigger bar, firing the flask in my direction rather than at Robin and striking some spirits in the process. That was what had caused the explosion, and what had originally sent him out into the streets.

Despite this destructive blast, however, the con artist from before was rat-like enough to escape virtually unharmed. His clothes were singed from proximity, but his legs were empowered by just enough cowardice to avoid serious damage. As for myself, SAI had protected me by activating fire meld at the last second, so the most I got were some mild burns that healed quickly enough after I stepped out of the flames. In this way, both parties survived the unintentional arson while the destroyed store summoned a swarm of watch members to contain the fire.

Unfortunately for Mr. Merchant, however, that safety of his was fleeting. He had let me hear something he should have never said; and, after combing his memories for how he knew my dear Robin, I succumbed to a rather nasty and pointed bloodlust in his direction. Flames still coming off my coat, I listened to him beg for his life whilst slowly approaching from the arson site. His black eye during that whole ordeal had been inflicted by flying debris, and soon I gave him another to go with it. Just as he tried to run, I sprinted ahead in my adrenaline filled state and planted a heel on his face. I broke his nose with the motion, and probably would have killed him had I not suddenly remembered that Robin was there. The sight of her out of the corner of my eye soothed my wrath just long enough for the merchant to crawl away, but not without reparations.

When he finally broke into a sprint to escape into the alleyways again, the merchant found himself pinned to a wall by crossbow bolts. I had loosed five from a conjured, hand crossbow of mine: one for each limb and one for his belt. The belt one made his pants fall down for everyone to see, which caused some children to laugh at him. His pride would never be the same; although he was lucky that he got to live at all past that point.

Afterward, and with some encouragement from SAI, I turned my attention back to Robin. The two of us locked eyes as I approached, but she seemed more in shock than I anticipated.

"Natsumi? What are you doing here," she asked with a dumbfounded but innocent expression?

"I could ask you the same thing," I retorted with a smile. "You didn't tell me you were taking this long-distance of a trip. When you said shopping, I thought you meant Karith or something closer. Y'know: something not across the ocean?" My tone was anything but harsh. Far from it, in fact. I was being playful because I had a sneaking suspicion she was trying to surprise me with something. Ironically, I didn't notice that Kat was just around the corner at that time; otherwise I probably would've stopped the developing scene to call her out. That was for the best, though, as what happened next was a moment that needed to happen in my relationship with Robin if we were to become anything more than ships passing in the wind.

Last profile edit: 1/2/2022
Dialogue: "speech" ~telepathy~ 'mental/silent/unintelligible'
Anima

Character Info
Name: Robin Taiyo Mori
Alignment: TG
Race: Created Outsider
Class: Horitshi Outcast
Silver: 645
Before that point, Robin was still mulling over what Mushu had said to her. Her head was a mixture of emotions from fear to hope, never tipping far enough in either direction to give one side the majority. She was under so much stress from her indecision that she didn't even hear Katerina cheering her on at the last second. Instead, she just looked at me like a deer in headlights, hearing every word but not being able to form a thoughtful sentence after the first two.

"Natsumi… I…uh…"  She didn't even notice the merchant who got pinned to the wall just seconds earlier and she was blushing heavily while trying to keep her focus on me. Obviously, her emotions were coming to a boiling point by then, but I, being the clueless dunce that I was at the time, just looked at her with an expression of concern.

"Are you feeling okay? You look very red." I laid the back of my hand against Robin's head at that point to check if she had a fever, but felt nothing. I figured maybe something else was wrong, yet, as soon as I pulled my hand away, I was the one in shock.

Robin had been so terrified and paralyzed on what to do in that situation that she defaulted to what Mushu had told her. He directed her toward the romance novels she liked, failing to realize what that actually meant. For in these books, the hero always took the initiative. A man, sometimes clad in armor but always handsome, came face to face with the maiden or warrior princess of the story and kissed her to show his affection. That was always the solidification of their relationship in these stories; but, in the case of Robin and me, Robin didn't see herself as the hero. She thought I was; which left her at a bit of an impasse.

She felt pressured to make the first move even though she didn't think it was her role to do so; and she only knew one way to make that first move. So, gathering up every last bit of courage she had, Robin thrust herself forward and placed her lips against mine.

That was our first kiss: an event that had me instantly descending into survival instincts. Now all of a sudden I was the deer in the headlights, stuck with an open stare and Robin still passionately kissing me in the middle of an open road. It wasn't long before she noticed I wasn't reacting at all, at which point she pulled away to ask if I was alright.

"Natsumi," she spoke with a look of concern. "Uhm… hello?" Waving her hand in front of my eyes, the young woman suddenly noticed that I was almost completely catatonic. I wasn't moving or blinking at all: something that gave SAI cause to speak up on my behalf.

"I believe this is what Lady Natsumi sometimes refers to as broken." Apparently the mystical entity had jokes this time around, but Robin didn't know any better. She thought that she had literally done something wrong to break me, and immediately took responsibility.

"Oh no! How do I fix her?!" Fretting violently and fidgeting, the blushing warrior circled around the petrified me, constantly speaking fast in a tone of voice that was almost impossible to decipher. "I'm sorry, Natsumi! I'm so sorry! I didn't know it would affect you that badly! I-I-I-!" But before she could make more of a fool out of herself, I snapped out of my stupor and grabbed her for another kiss. Her wide-eyed stare and anxiety quickly died down as we embraced each other on the streets of Adeluna: just like the two lovers from her favorite novel series. It was a happy ending, one that had Mushu almost in tears as he stood next to Katerina and Goliath.

"I think I'm gonna cry. Little baby girl's all grown up. It's beautiful."