Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Sun Scorch Hunting
kingcrasy

Character Info
Name: Reginn Obi
Alignment: TG
Race: Human
Class: Blacksmith
Silver: 62
Regi looked over his blueprints having completed the first part of a weapon he called the Fera Ignis a device powerful enough to launch a stream of fire hot enough to burn upon water, he looked over the large metal tube he had created weeks of endless hammering and Sun scorch just to have the smooth circular tube that he needed many attempts failed due to the wrong heat or the wrong amounts of hits on the anvil, but now he was one step closer to a dream he sat on the old stool staring at his blueprints before taking stock it had turned out a number of ingredients for the tube made it so he needed to go out to the docks to gather more.

The issue with Sun Scorch was that no one sold it, grown wild in the coldest parts of world allowing adventurers to crowd round like a campfire hence the name he had given his device Fera was Latin for Wild and Ignis was Fire he learnt this strange language due to a book he found about Forgotten Smithing and swore to learn this Latin to discovers its secrets and now that the book was read he always found the way the words tripped off his tongue to be exciting. The other issue with Sun scorch was the fact no one is stupid enough to give a blacksmith a lift to the cold just for a bunch of flowers that why he had come to the docks to seek a ride.

Putting the blueprints back into his sack and checking to make sure he had a pouch of the powder he set off up the boats requesting travel to this remote place for a sum of silver, the sun had gone down to the pink of the evening when he laid eyes on the boat going up to it he looked at the captain simply asking "Ride to a Wild Flower for some Silver?"

"All Weapons can be forged by a man, But only Good weapons can be Forged by a Blacksmith"
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Shiloh Kyrie
Alignment: LN
Race: Deity (Fae-touched Human)
Class: Rogue
Silver: 3221
"Oh sure, this'll be easy. That's what they always say…" Shiloh muttered under her breath as she strode through the streets of Adeluna briskly with something bundled under her arm. " 'Go to Itjivut' they said. 'It'll be an easy job' they said. Well how am I supposed to get a ride on a boat headed for some frost-accursed isle down south at peak travel season?!" She glared at the package in her possession as she stopped talking to herself aloud. It was this thing's fault. Something about an 'urgent delivery'. 

A week ago, one of the regular jobbers at the Winking Mermaid said someone was looking for her. After grilling the man with a series of in-depth questions, she determined that she wasn't being targeted by hired cutthroats and agreed to meet with the person who made the request. The woman said she had gotten Shiloh's name as reference from one of the other jobbers here who had helped guard a caravan of civilians along the Highland roads, and she was looking for a courier who'd be willing to take a job outside the continent. Naturally her name came up, as she had done a few jobs sending letters and such from Parvpora. The woman wanted to send a package of mineral powder and some linen dressings to an old friend living out in Itjivut, the ice isle south of Egjora. Concerned that said friend would run low on vital supplies before Glaciem's arrival, she wanted to send a few things.

Those 'few things' came in a ten-pound package wrapped in burlap and twine, double knotted. Shiloh swore that there wasn't just linen dressings in there, and that the woman had added more things she thought that friend of hers needed. The nerve of some people–just because a courier's job was to deliver parcels didn't mean you could stuff everything in it. If you were sending something over five pounds that's when you asked for intercontinental shipping–not personal delivery! With no room for deliberation, Shiloh had wrapped up whatever paperwork had to be done right then and there, and set off to get this literal load off her hands.

Walking alongside the docks, she shouted loudly to any boats docked at the harbor: "Anyone bound for the ice isle of Itjivut? I need a lift! I'll pay one hundred silver to the first captain who speaks up!" She hated using money as a way to grab attention, but she didn't have time to wait. "No takers? One hundred and fifty silver!"

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus
Extra event synths here: Event Synth Clearance Sale

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
brainwave1

Character Info
Name: Jacob Lockwood
Alignment: CN
Class: Smuggler
Silver: 63
He stuck his hand in the air with a wide smirk "I'll take yeh both" he said confidently making sure his glove was on properly as he walked towards the blacksmith and the strange girl before leaning down to her height "However for security gotta ask why you need to go there?" he chuckled before sticking his hands out for the money waiting until they both paid before walking towards the ship with the crew and rough looking captain "You see I want my own boat and the only way I get that is by making money and that means Unsavoury actions" he winked at the blacksmith before climbing aboard getting cheers from the crew.

Once they had left the docks the confident pirate leant on the side of the ship looking at the two people raising his eyebrow at the two of them "Isn't this interesting three complete opposite all on a boat, sounds like the start of a bad joke" he laughed loudly before trailing off on a tale about how he was killed a shark with a handful of nails and used a plank to sail back to the boat, which was obviously a lie but the crew seemed enthralled to his words hanging off each one as they drank and ate dried meats of all sorts as Jacob was given a rum he drunk it raising the mug high "To our new customers!" he cheered smiling widely at the two new passengers.

"Nothings a lost cause if there's money involved"
kingcrasy

Character Info
Regi climbed aboard the boat that was covered in remains of fish caught earlier that day watching the crew of ruffians scatter around like roaches looking for the next meal, sure he was happy he could finally get a ride to the place he needed to go but as he looked over the crew's scars and clothes filled with leather and stained blood maybe a few days old still rested on patches it made him feel uneasy but at last he sat down next to the smuggler who allowed them on his ship.

As the man went on his far fetched tales of heroics Regi watched out across the ocean watching other boats leave the distant docks and larger ships sail past with different emblems on their sails, he let out a sigh as the man finished his long tale about fighting a shark with a plank and spoke up "Will we be going straight to dock?" he waited for the answer while looking around the ship to notice how shabby of condition it was in with boards half pulled up and cannons poorly equipped for even protecting the ship itself. 

"All Weapons can be forged by a man, But only Good weapons can be Forged by a Blacksmith"
Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Shiloh handed off the amount of silver to the man who raised his hand. Part of her disliked seeing it go, but she could always earn it back. Holding attachments to money was pointless as eventually it'd circle back through everyone's hands again. When the man asked her reasons for boarding, she answered flatly. "I'm sending a package for someone. Nothing illegal or valuable. No need to pick me up, just drop me off at Itjivut's port when we arrive." Making herself comfortable, she crossed her arms and gave a once-over at the ship. The craft had better not sink halfway, or else she'd see to it that she got a refund–by force. Thankfully drowning was the last of her concerns.

When the captain attempted to crack wise, she remained stone-faced. She was sailing back into the hellish cold, she wasn't in any mood for jokes. She mentally glossed over the obvious bragging over killing a shark with nails and a plank, as that wasn't possible unless it broke the surface and he hit it over the head. When the rowdy crew cheered, she half-heartedly raised a hand in an apathetic attempt at not being a damper on the mood. Her face was still in its usual poker-face however. Shiloh just wanted the boat to move faster. The sooner she dumped this package to its recipient, the sooner she could catch a boat home. "…Ugh. I'm making a three-day request policy for personal deliveries from now on." 

"When all else fails, move on to plan B. And when that plan fails, move on to the next plan."

Looking for alchemy or synth items? I might have what you need: Synth and Alchemy Surplus

Shiloh is the Ruler of Onslaught and the Thundering Tempest, or the Overseer of Luck and Misfortune

Her God Powers are:
I. She can utilize spatial distortion to redirect attacks aimed at her to target something else.
II. She can create a paralyzing stasis field with a diameter of 30 ft on a person or a fixed point within her line of sight.
III. She is able to reverse the polarity of one's misfortune into fortune, or vice versa.
kingcrasy

Character Info
Regi sat down next to the girl keeping his distance due to her cold looks and murderous aura, he took it as a sign not to offend her instead he went back to design his inventions taking the maximum amount of care possible drawing a set of woman's armour colouring in with a set of chalks, he went back to looking out at the ocean taking note of the towers of great lighthouses and how the ocean seemed to stretch forever due to the curvation of the planet, soon he noted the sun would drop in the sky leaving the faint glitter of stars in the sky allowing the navigator to most likely use them to keep track of their position, even though he doesn't like going out of his forge often he has read many a book on the subject of navigation and the ocean even knowing how to sail a small boat with ease, at least he thought he has never touched a wheel of one and probably never will and the blacksmith knew he didn't have experienced since knowledge is only one-half of a coin.

he drew the setting horizon adding birds and having the great lighthouse in the background, he sighed closing the book before resting his head against the cold wood looking back at the rambling smuggler Regi could see why the crew liked him always uplifting their morale and hopes of riches, even though the swaying of the ocean seemed to some a nightmare, he found comfort in its motion allowing it to drift him into a sleep.

KaptainKat

Character Info
Name: Kapitan, Kat Kheylana
Alignment: LE
Race: Crossbred elf
Class: Pirate captain/Sniper/Mercenary/Dancer
Silver: 0
Kat's dwarven snapshutters worked on smithing based rhunes that exploded to drive out the projectile, the problem was that after a few times of shooting these rhunes would lose their power and without the long range of these snapshutters Kat was as good as defenseless. However, there was a saving grace that she heard of in the form of a skilled smith that was quite young and she immediatly became interested. Kat was lost if she had to use a regular crossbow so she tracked the man down expecting him to be at least 30 with a long beard as she wandered into the location he was at. After asking every smith like looking man she was eventually pointed at the young smith and looked in surprise. She always thought educated men were cuter and more her type than warriors so she changed her attitude from her typical brash pirate mannerisms to her more calm elven side.

She took a chair and sat herself down next to him before handing him one of the small snapshutters. "I've heard of you… Do you think you can help me with recharging these rhunes? I'd do it myself but neither the wood elves nor the desert elves from dracholm dont know magic too well…"

(finally posting, so sorry for the delay king ;-;)
kingcrasy

Character Info
Regi closed his book looking at the Dwarven technology grinning at the girl "it's not often I see weaponry such like this anymore, Most Dwarven inventors have been recruited by the City of Karith for their flying machines" he took out his blacksmith tools looking over all the delicate components of the weapons the sturdy barrel, ammunition and even the rune itself, tinkering away he started talking "it's not easy to recharge such a powerful rune such as this, however it can be done by simply overloading the Runic presence with its natural energy" he spoke confidently even though the words he was using would obviously go over her head, he learnt about Ancient runes in a book he gathered from the city library ones made correctly could be a very powerful addition to any weapon but one made poorly or broken could result in the death of the user, "I'm afraid it will cost quite a lot, lets say 150 silver" he mentioned not looking up from his careful work of removing the runes through the firing mechanism.

He looked up at the girl with slight interest "I didn't know my name was getting around so much? I know I've fixed a couple of warships and lightning conductors, I guess I'm not use to the fame" he chuckled out before growing silent and whispering "However you do realise the boat your own right now is controlled by people who wish to see you dead?" with dead seriousness "I know about you owning a ship from that pirate lady but these are smugglers and they don't want her people here" he said allowing his worry to set in before going back to tinkering with the runes to allow them to recharge from exposure to heat.

Shiloh Kyrie
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Shiloh didn't sleep. It wasn't because she wasn't comfortable, but because she refused to let herself sleep. She'd analyzed the crew of the 'ship' they boarded and she wasn't letting herself drop her guard. The captain said he dealt in unsavory business, so she had to have one eye on him and the other on anything else going on. The last thing she'd want to do would be to go all that way to return and give her client a refund. That was bad for business. A new person appeared on deck and she noted her. As long as nobody tried anything 'funny', Shiloh wouldn't have to do anything regrettable. At least not yet.

The winds picked up, and the chill started seeping into the salty air. They were probably approaching Egjora, from what she could guess. She hadn't traveled this way enough to be able to estimate. Shifting in her seat, she crossed her arms. The person beside her was  blacksmith. He and the third person were discussing something highly technical, and sounded like it was about weapon design. So far nothing to be on alert about, but she'd remember the man's name and where he worked. He then started talking about the other woman being a wanted person, and they were lucky that she wasn't feeling inclined to rat them out. Seriously, they needed to use more caution when talking about sensitive matters like that. But perhaps it was only expected. She had to remind herself that not everyone had the same level of thinking that bordered on paranoia at times.

Her God Powers are:
KaptainKat

Character Info
Name: Kapitan, Kat Kheylana
Alignment: LE
Race: Crossbred elf
Class: Pirate captain/Sniper/Mercenary/Dancer
Silver: 0
She gave him a cheeky smile, pulled his shirt open and dropped a bag of coins into it that landed on his lap, she smiled knowing that she found someone that could help her keep her weapons in good shape. She ordered a drink for them both and waited for him to do his work. But he caught her interest when he spoke about her and how she was a wanted woman but responded with little more than a contended smile. "I've had a bounty on me for over 5 years now, never has anyone even tried to take the bounty on me. And anyone that did try ended up as fish food. I've a pretty nasty reputation among bounty hunters. I used to be a crimelord but i've proved that i dont need cronies to protect me. Im vicious enough on my own…"